What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

Sugarlisa

Breakfast was blackberries and yogurt with green tea before taking my fat body for walk outside
Lunch tuna salad with sugar free squash
Tea was chicken fajitas with salad minus the wrap with a sugar free flavour water and peppermint tea

Reactions: maglil55

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
The lasagne was a triumph! Boys demolished it all and even the cats licked up all the juices!
Simply bologniase mince layered with the outside leaves from a savoy cabbage which I had preboiled in water for a few minutes, and sliced gouda cheese. A topping of 1 egg, some cream and grated mozzerella and cooked 30-40 minutes at 200°

A good dish for a wintery night and would have been even better then next day..except there's no way my boys were going to leave any at all

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Should be 2nd of February today - also known as Groundhog Day- here in Bewdley.weve just had news flash that the temporary flood barriers may be breached yet again here overnight and peak not due till tomorrow. A family were just about to move back after they had just dried out and put their house back to way it was pre flood but not looking good just now! It’s also snowing like mad. I’m due food delivery first thing in morning but Bridge is closed and looks like there may be lying snow. As they cancelled in last snowfall I’m feeling a bit nervous but at least we live up the hill and not about to be flooded - puts it in perspective. The river Severn is a real force of nature and looks destructive today fast flowing,carrying trees down stream and with waves and whirlpools visible.
Back to Food
Skipped breakfast
Lunch cheese omelette and half a slice of LC bread
Dinner sea bass in lemon butter with asparagus and cauliflower cheese followed by DGF orange and cranberry bakewell with cream plus glass of dry white wine.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with raspberries and cream washed down with a black coffee
Late morning: black coffee and DGF cake.
Skipped lunch.
Mid afternoon: black coffee and coffee chia pudding.
Dinner: chicken drumsticks, coleslaw, leafy salad and pork scratchings followed by SF jelly, cream and LC chocolate granola.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Should be 2nd of February today - also known as Groundhog Day- here in Bewdley.weve just had news flash that the temporary flood barriers may be breached yet again here overnight and peak not due till tomorrow. A family were just about to move back after they had just dried out and put their house back to way it was pre flood but not looking good just now! It’s also snowing like mad. I’m due food delivery first thing in morning but Bridge is closed and looks like there may be lying snow. As they cancelled in last snowfall I’m feeling a bit nervous but at least we live up the hill and not about to be flooded - puts it in perspective. The river Severn is a real force of nature and looks destructive today fast flowing,carrying trees down stream and with waves and whirlpools visible.
Back to Food
Skipped breakfast
Lunch cheese omelette and half a slice of LC bread
Dinner sea bass in lemon butter with asparagus and cauliflower cheese followed by DGF orange and cranberry bakewell with cream plus glass of dry white wine.
Hugs and hopes that you will all stay dry...that is a horrible proposition!
Only to obey the rules I had slice HiLo toast, butter, copious tea. Lunch was small amount waldorf salad, slice ham, chunk cheese. Supper was salmon fillet with Teriyaki sauce and broccoli.

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with raspberries and cream washed down with a black coffee
Skipped lunch.
Dinner: chicken drumsticks, coleslaw, leafy salad and pork scratchings followed by SF jelly, cream and LC chocolate granola.
Do you use unsweetened coconut milk or greek yoghurt for your chia pudding? thanks x

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Brunch - greek yoghurt with cinammon, mixed seeds and all the berries.

Dinner - chicken breast with peppercorn sauce, broccoli, brussel sprouts & a few sliced carrots.

It's beginning to look like wine o'clock - red of course, good for the heart ;)

Onlinecaroline

Brunch - the usual 3 eggs mashed in a cup with butter

Snack - 3 mini satays

Dinner - Ribeye steak, creamed spinach, mushrooms with a little onion and halloumi fries. I reckon it comes in about 14g

Snack - DGF lemon drizzle cake and tea

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Do you use unsweetened coconut milk or greek yoghurt for your chia pudding? thanks x

I just use a 65ml pot of Benecol, the sugar free unflavoured one, 4 tsp of chia seeds, one tsp sweetener and a level tsp of espresso powder

Reactions: Mrs T 123

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I just use a 65ml pot of Benecol, the sugar free unflavoured one, 4 tsp of chia seeds, one tsp sweetener and a level tsp of espresso powder
Great idea - I didn't realise you could get a sugar free one - I thought all these yoghurt drink things were all fruit flavoured and high in sugar - I will look out for it and get it - many thanks - much appreciated

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Sorry to jump in but I find its totally variable. I like yoghurt best but double cream works and goes very thick. Coconut milk is my least favourite. I've also used cream cheese, marscapone etc. It also works with mixed milled seeds, or just milled linseed. Sometimes I throw nuts in, or chopped chocolate. Anything you fancy really

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Wow! Where is everyone tonight?!
Skipped lunch.
Dinner Chinese take away: crispy duck, 3 small pancakes, a smidge of sauce and veggies followed by SF jelly, cream and LC chocolate granola.

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
b 2 scrambled eggs
Yoga then a 2 hour walk
Lunch, smoked mackerel pate with cucumber and 2 cherry tomatoes. 2 sqs 85%
2 macarons (blaming hubby, he defrosted them from his birthday stash)
Tea. Boy organised German night for us so 2 bratwurst sausages with salad and sauerkraut. Boys had theirs in rolls and followed it with strudel and ice cream. I had one more macaron and 2 sqs 85%
One mouthful of boys German lager, the a nice cup of tea

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Sorry to jump in but I find its totally variable. I like yoghurt best but double cream works and goes very thick. Coconut milk is my least favourite. I've also used cream cheese, marscapone etc. It also works with mixed milled seeds, or just milled linseed. Sometimes I throw nuts in, or chopped chocolate. Anything you fancy really
Thanks for that - all tips/advice much appreciated - I have never tasted unsweetened coconut milk before so I will give it a try .. used the chia seeds in greek yoghurt this morning. I want to use chia seeds again with them being a "superfood ". I used to have them a lot on top of toast & gluacamole for my lunch when I was working but I seem to have dropped that habit... I like double cream but it doesn't like me - I think I am what they call a super responder in that it raises my cholesterol and I put on weight if I am not very careful with it.

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
b 2 scrambled eggs
Yoga then a 2 hour walk
Lunch, smoked mackerel pate with cucumber and 2 cherry tomatoes. 2 sqs 85%
2 macarons (blaming hubby, he defrosted them from his birthday stash)
Tea. Boy organised German night for us so 2 bratwurst sausages with salad and sauerkraut. Boys had theirs in rolls and followed it with strudel and ice cream. I had one more macaron and 2 sqs 85%
One mouthful of boys German lager, the a nice cup of tea
Is your yoga done on a zoom class or have you found a good online one? I really miss my yoga and with not working again I want to do more in the way of keeping active than just walking. So if anyone has anything they could recommend on you tube or whatever it would be helpful and I wouldn't have an excuse for not doing it.

My favourite low carb sausages are the bratwurst - always have them in the fridge as they have a long date on them - and I find I can't undercook them as I am often put off with sausages if they are not well done and thoroughly cooked.

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Brunch - chia pudding made with greek yoghurt left overnight in fridge then this morning added cinnamon, flaxseed & goji berries and raspberries & blueberries - tiny drizzle of double cream over the top.

Dinner - home made lasagne with cheddar cheese slices instead of sheets of pasta and grated mozzarella on top - lovely! (great idea and compliments to the chef @shelley262 ) - delighted to add this back on to my foods I can eat list and homemade was/is a favourite of mine as I add mushrooms & Onions to the mince which I don't get elsewhere. 2 slices slc bread toasted with melted garlic butter on top. Gooey dessert of tablespoon of peanut butter heated in microwave with some montezuma 100% dark chocolate drops melted on top and a little double cream.

Snacks tonight - pickled egg, cheesestring and earlier I had a low carb highlights hot chocolate which I found to be very sweet - may be my taste buds have changed a lot or does anyone else find these to be very sweet?

Red wine o'clock time again.

Did a bitter cold walk today but it was good getting out in the fresh air

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Is your yoga done on a zoom class or have you found a good online one? I really miss my yoga and with not working again I want to do more in the way of keeping active than just walking. So if anyone has anything they could recommend on you tube or whatever it would be helpful and I wouldn't have an excuse for not doing it.

My favourite low carb sausages are the bratwurst - always have them in the fridge as they have a long date on them - and I find I can't undercook them as I am often put off with sausages if they are not well done and thoroughly cooked.
Yoga i do 2, both zoom classes from real ones I went to bc (before covid).
I also like flexercise and paracise both of which have many trainers and classes in the UK and online. Google them