1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

What have you eaten today?

Discussion in 'Low-carb Diet Forum' started by Administrator, Apr 20, 2015.

1. Antje77

Antje77 LADA · Moderator
    Staff Member

I've had one as well. Not particularly worried about it, it said email addresses were stolen but not passwords.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. DJC3

DJC3 Type 2 · Expert

I had it too, but as you said, no sensitive data involved. I’ve changed my password anyway.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. DJC3

DJC3 Type 2 · Expert

Evening all, a very low activity day for me, but still 2 meals.
    Lunch was a chopped h/b egg and a dollop of tuna mayo in LoDough wrap followed by a DGF blondie.
    Dinner 7hr slow roasted leg of lamb with cauli cheese, buttered cabbage and 2 LC Yorkies. Gravy was the meat juices. Few glasses of wine and some Camembert which has been stinking out the fridge for a week.
    @Goonergal am I right in thinking you freeze chicken in the brine mixture ready for cooking when defrosted? I’m still salivating at how lovely they were.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
  4. shelley262

shelley262 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

@Antje77 sounds like another wonderful birthday surprise also sounds like you have amazing neighbours.
    Busy day painting walls in kitchen - it needs a refurb eventually but meanwhile freshened it up by repainting emulsion meant easier to control the snacking keeping busy definitely helps ! Lovely to see the sun break through too.
    Brunch one slice of bacon,egg and 95% sausage with one hm lc roll
    Mid pm break from painting - DGF millionaire shortbread
    Dinner sirloin steak, celeriac chips, mushrooms, asparagus and a few onions with glass of dry red wine. Pudding DGF raspberry bakewell with yoghurt.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Goonergal

Goonergal Type 2 · Moderator
    Staff Member

Evening all.

Yes, @DJC3 I make batches of the brined chicken and it freezes well at the brined point. Which reminds me, I have a portion or two in the freezer.

TMAD today. Had hoped for OMAD but needed to eat the beef short rib that turned out to be the first meal around 2pm and was still hungry a bit later so had an early dinner of smoked salmon and one of the huge double yoke eggs. All in a 3 hour window! Now ‘non-essential’ shops need to open so I can restock the IKEA smoked salmon. It’s delicious!

E5482B75-B3BA-4B99-B093-663658B7362F.jpeg

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 3
  6. Rachox

Rachox Type 2 (in remission!) · Moderator
    Staff Member

Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries washed down with a black coffee.
    Late morning: black coffee and 1/2 packet of coconut bites.
    Skipped lunch.
    Mid afternoon: black coffee and coffee chia pudding.
    Dinner: chicken thighs stuffed with pork and apple, with one tiny roast potato, mixed veggies and gravy made from meat juices thickened with flax followed by SF jelly, cream and LC chocolate granola.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. SlimLizzy

SlimLizzy Prediabetes · Well-Known Member

Not such a bad day as yesterday, but still nowhere near where I need to be. No cream cake today, instead cheese topped bread roll with ham and coleslaw, hot cross buns with butter, several peanut butter flavoured protein bars. Glass of fizz,
    dinner cod, French beans, Cauliflower cheese. Am hoping that is all for today.

• Like Like x 2
    • Hug Hug x 1
  8. Onlinecaroline

Onlinecaroline · Well-Known Member

Lunch - 2 slices of SLC bread with corn beef and the thickest amount of butter I could scrape one!

Dinner - H/m satay chicken stir fry. Made with broccoli, cabbage, bean sprouts, some cauliflower rice and half a pepper. Not the tastiest but very filling.

2 squares Green and Blacks Mint and a cuppa.

Also tried a tiny bit of a Nick’s Toffee Bar I got in a Keto box delivery. So sweet and very strong coconut flavour (and I love coconut!)

• Like Like x 4
  9. Riva_Roxaban

Riva_Roxaban Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Steak and eggs for breakfast, low carb wrap with cold meat and salad for lunch, rib roast and green veggies, gravy for dinner.

No lickerish today, I kept my self under control at lunchtime, the apprentice is still going to be pinged off though.:arghh:

• Like Like x 3
  10. MrsA2

MrsA2 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

B: ff greek with seeds and blueberries
    Long walk
    L: prawns, avocado, mayo and cheese crisps
    D: roast chicken and veg, no potatoes, teaspoon stuffing
    2 millionaire sqa and cream

Question: is it a reason for divorce when you find your DH serves you only breast meat from the chicken while keeping both wings and a drumstick for himself, and the other drumstick for boy, and gives the skin to the cats?

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Hug Hug x 1
  11. Antje77

Antje77 LADA · Moderator
    Staff Member

At the very least it's reason for some elaborate revenge!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. Max68

Max68 · Well-Known Member

Oh my word, if someone nicked the drumsticks and wings from under my nose I'd be mightily miffed! Agree that some revenge needs to be plotted!

No lunch today. Dinner I had two small slices of low carb toast with garlic Brussels pate followed by pepper coated beef joint and did some celeriac "chips" in the oven coated with a dab of paprika which were okay and some broccoli on side with a little gravy. Strawberries and a few raspberries with extra thick double cream to finish. Couple of treats later in evening which is making me happier at the moment and less temptation with the main meals.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. DJC3

DJC3 Type 2 · Expert

My favourite breakfast!

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  14. DJC3

DJC3 Type 2 · Expert

Maybe not, but as @Antje77 suggests, definitely reason for elaborate revenge. Fancy giving the skin to the cat on top of everything else!

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. DJC3

DJC3 Type 2 · Expert

Thanks. I will definitely be doing more of those. Freezing in batches will hopefully stop me eating the whole kilo like I did yesterday.
    The smoked salmon looks really good - so does the double yolker.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  16. Riva_Roxaban

Riva_Roxaban Type 2 · Well-Known Member

That is sacrilege to do that.:)

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  17. WasntMe

WasntMe Type 2 · Active Member

Breakfast half a pot of plain yoghurt with a few frozen berries. Half a kiwi (fruit not New Zealander). Miso soup with asparagus. onion, spinach. Black cawfee,

Just having a nice cup of Marmite.

• Like Like x 5
  18. Goonergal

Goonergal Type 2 · Moderator
    Staff Member

Welcome to the forum and the thread @WasntMe

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  19. annabell1

annabell1 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Yes got an email but hardly use the site and lucky my Password for it is not used anywhere else but did change it.

20. annabell1

annabell1 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Thats unbelievable.... I'm in Australia and a lot of new T2D don't get a meter to test they only have their HBA1C tested and it's based on that. But If they are on insulin or certain medications they are can get a meter and test which is unbelievable how does one know what their BSL are doing especially when told to eat HCLF by so called diabetic dietitian educators and they don't realise the BSL are spiking. Also some T2D Who want to monitor have to pay full price for their strips because they are told they don't need to test their BSL.

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook