What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well I haven’t stopped eating all day! One of those hungry days.

Woke up hungry and eventually gave in to some air fried pork belly pieces (coated in salt and chilli oil) followed by some Fage 0%.

Lunch was click and collect from Nando’s after a walk in Greenwich Park. Had a reward giving me a free whole chicken, so went for that and some nuts. Sat out in the sun near the Cutty Sark and ate half of it. Nuts on return home followed up by yet more yoghurt. That seems to have done the trick so no dinner will be needed.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi All
MIA since Sunday. All days included slice HiLo toast for brekkie. Sunday lunch was scrambled eggs and bacon cooked by Mr PM. All the talk of Nandos made me try to re reate at home. Found several jars of Fajita seasoning at the back of cupboard so made a paste with olive oil. The difference between the spice jars and the packets of Nando seasoning seems to be lack of carbs. Slashed two half chickens and massaged in and left for 4 hours, roasted and it was completely DELISH. Mr PM is fussy and he liked it. I even found him some Nandos Medium sauce (out of date but hey) to go with it.
Monday lunch was coleslaw, cheese and two small slices Dr Almond bread.
Supper was beef chilli and cauli rice.
Lunch today was just small chunk of Emmenthal, Shropshire Blue and coleslaw.
Supper tonight will be a chicken, chorizo, red pepper stirfry with courgetti
Tomorrow plan is to make leftover veg soup to have with Dr Almond bread. Supper will be panfried lamb chop with roasted Med veg, Steak & Ale pie for Mr PM as he hates lamb unless in a curry.

Reactions: maglil55 and DJC3

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Two meals today
Lunch scrambled eggs on lc hm toast followed by DGF lc millionaires shortbread- last one !
Dinner SLC roll with venison cheeseburger served with salads - followed by DGF raspberry bakewell with cream.

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Mid morning, coffe with cream but without the coffee ;)
L: 2 pieces lc soda bread toasted with some gorgonzola melted on top. 2 cherry tomatoes, 6 olives
Mid afternoon, handful nuts and 2 spoons double cream
D h/m lamb kofta with too many carrots and swede leftover from Sunday

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I’ve been v hungry today as well @Goonergal I get very cold at work as there is no heating and the door is usually open so I took some filling snacks:
1 tuna muffin, 1 SLC roll filled with dressed crab and a DGF blondie. Loads of coffee then peppermint tea.
Dinner later was bacon, eggs and Halloumi with 2 fried cherry toms. Too salty a meal for me really so I’m drinking a lot of tea now.
@Max68 I’m lucky enough to live in Cornwall so yes I eat crab and lobster. At the moment I’m getting deliveries from a local fisherman and his wife as his usual clients - restaurants - aren’t open. They will provide live or cooked - I choose ready cooked and dressed, I don’t think I’d be brave enough to cook them myself.

Reactions: maglil55

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thats unbelievable.... I'm in Australia and a lot of new T2D don't get a meter to test they only have their HBA1C tested and it's based on that. But If they are on insulin or certain medications they are can get a meter and test which is unbelievable how does one know what their BSL are doing especially when told to eat HCLF by so called diabetic dietitian educators and they don't realise the BSL are spiking. Also some T2D Who want to monitor have to pay full price for their strips because they are told they don't need to test their BSL.
I'll just have to buy them now. I suspect it will be cheaper to use the Libre full time and use strips at the start and end of the sensor ( which it when it tend to go a bit doo lally). I'm a bit too up and down not to test. I can't help thinking it's a cost cutting exercise.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries washed down with a black coffee.
Late morning: black coffee and 1/2 packet of coconut bites.
Skipped lunch.
Mid afternoon: black coffee and coffee chia pudding.
Dinner: Balti chicken followed by SF jelly, cream and LC chocolate granola.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Well one strange night last night. After that awful KFC and after the football I bizarrely ended up watching The Wizard of Oz for the first time in about 45 years on Sky! 52 years old and watching Wizard of Oz. With that and the KFC I must have had a "go back to being a child moment for the evening"! Mind you the last time West Ham won so many games in a season I was about 8 so that's probably part of it! Then I found a strange grey seal (not the animal) at the bottom of my dishwasher so have had to book a repair as I have no idea where it has come loose from. So that's a week and a half of washing up by hand coming. My punishment for the KFC I guess!

Have scrolled back a bit and made notes of some of these lovely recipes you all have. Especially looking forward to trying to make the scotch eggs, albeit not the washing up! No lunch today so going by the use by dates I'll be having a tub of firecracker chicken wings and some steak tonight. No hardship mind you!

By the way do any of you eat lobster and crab? Expensive and not the easiest thing to cook in the UK I suspect and at times I wished I lived in Florida as I could have eaten Red Lobsters Lobster, crab and shrimp platter every night!
I love lobster! My favourite is the old, retro lobster thermidor. James Martin's recipe is good but I also use Rick Stein's from his Food Heroes book (for some reason it's not online).
James Martin's

https://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/lobsterthermidor_73972

Another favourite is just a plain grilled lobster with garlic butter.

Reactions: Max68

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I’ve been v hungry today as well @Goonergal I get very cold at work as there is no heating and the door is usually open so I took some filling snacks:
1 tuna muffin, 1 SLC roll filled with dressed crab and a DGF blondie. Loads of coffee then peppermint tea.
Dinner later was bacon, eggs and Halloumi with 2 fried cherry toms. Too salty a meal for me really so I’m drinking a lot of tea now.
@Max68 I’m lucky enough to live in Cornwall so yes I eat crab and lobster. At the moment I’m getting deliveries from a local fisherman and his wife as his usual clients - restaurants - aren’t open. They will provide live or cooked - I choose ready cooked and dressed, I don’t think I’d be brave enough to cook them myself.
I never did forgive my sister for the Christmas we were having lobster as a starter. We got them live and she gave them all names. Christmas morning them were dispatched with her saying "Goodbye Clive, you too Jeremy. Oh don't leave Harvey...." as each one went into the pot. I've never been able to cook them since then! Bought cooked now.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Sunday bed 5 FBG 4.9

B. TAG
L. Nothing
D. Usual campari and soda, mussels in a cream, white wine and parsley sauce with celeriac chips. My Lidl lolly.....

Monday

Bed 4.4 FBG 4.1

B. TAG and a Dairylea triangle.
L. Nothing
D. A portion of my Italian tripe from the freezer, one of the Iceland broccoli and cauliflower souffle things and 2 slices of SLC bread and butter.

Mrs T 123 - I need a rest but for now I just have to keep going. I'm a bit on edge with my brother's situation now we've reached the outer limit of their survival estimate. He's still stable though. I agree though, I need me time (preferably in a hotel) but that won't happen any time soon.

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thats unbelievable.... I'm in Australia and a lot of new T2D don't get a meter to test they only have their HBA1C tested and it's based on that. But If they are on insulin or certain medications they are can get a meter and test which is unbelievable how does one know what their BSL are doing especially when told to eat HCLF by so called diabetic dietitian educators and they don't realise the BSL are spiking. Also some T2D Who want to monitor have to pay full price for their strips because they are told they don't need to test their BSL.
If you join the NDSS in Australia which your GP, or CDE signs off on, you can get subsidised strips as a T2 diabetci costing $1.20 for 100.

Meters are available for free from all major makers, Abbott, Accu-Chek, Ascensia Contour etc.

NDSS link. https://www.ndss.com.au/about-the-ndss/registration/

I was eating breakfast while replying to keep it on topic. :)

Edit, missing a comma.

Last edited:
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Currently on day 2 of low carbing...only eat when I’m hungry so breakfast was coffee, and coffee

Lunch was 2 burgers with cauliflower cheese leftover from yesterday

snack of peanuts, with dinner of Parmesan covered pork steaks with mushrooms and mixed veg...

Looking at that I’d think I’d be starving, but quite the opposite in fact, roll on tomorrow

Reactions: maglil55 and DJC3

Onlinecaroline

Evening all and welcome @Diseased_Bunny

Brunch - Slice of SLC bread with avocado, halloumi, chorizo, 2 poachers and homemade hollandaise. Tried to attach a photo but the file is too large.

Dinner - 2 pork chops with mushroom cream sauce, cabbage and cauliflower mash.

DGF Lemon and blueberry cake and a Montezuma truffle.

I’d really love to be in the next stone bracket before my next set of bloods!

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Tried to attach a photo but the file is too large.
There are ways to shrink photos, my eyes tend to glaze over though when someone explains how.
So I post them on Facebook for a few seconds, just long enough to copy them before deleting. This shrinks the photos and I can then paste them here.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I never did forgive my sister for the Christmas we were having lobster as a starter. We got them live and she gave them all names. Christmas morning them were dispatched with her saying "Goodbye Clive, you too Jeremy. Oh don't leave Harvey...." as each one went into the pot. I've never been able to cook them since then! Bought cooked now.

Don’t know whether to laugh or be absolutely gobsmacked! No wonder you buy them cooked now.

annabell1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
rude people
not able to do as much as I used to do due to health issues
onions
leek
Oh my goodness no way.... wasn't sure if I should laugh at this but do understand why you would buy them now.

There was a TV show where meat eaters had to look after an animal for 3 weeks and if refuse to stop eating meat the animals was sent to the slaughter never saw it but was a radical way to stop people eating meat

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...tarian-kill-pet-shock-new-Channel-4-show.html