What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi All
Need to go back to Monday. Usual brekkies of slice HiLo toast cooled, thick butter and lots of tea.
Monday lunch was sliced ham, cheesey coleslaw.
Supper was a kind of fried rice done in two versions of (cauli) rice added to fried chorizo and red pepper diced, left over cold chicken, paprika and a few olives. Odd storecupboard/fridge mix but delish nonetheless.
Tues made a Dr Almond loaf so had a couple of slices with h/m egg mayo on top.
Supper a small portion of chilli and chopped up cooked broccoli.
Lunch today will be a couple of small slices Dr Almond bread with cheese. You can tell my fortnightly C&C is due tomo lol. Tonight will be panfried lamb chop with mushrooms and tomato for me. Pie night for Mr PM, have found a butcher that makes real h/m pies full of filling so buy 6 at a time for Mr PM his fave is Chicken & Bacon and Steak & Ale.
I am thinking about Easter and having 6 of our family outside together which hasn’t happened in over a year. I am planning a butterflied lamb leg for 6 and a side of salmon which can be cooked in oven or/and finished on bbq (which is what the boys want). There will be roasted new potatoes and big salads. I will make a chocolate sponge sandwich filled and covered in rich ganache (which was always the boy’s birthday cakes) and topped with some Cadbury mini speckled eggs. I may have a sliver but can send any leftover cake home with them! What are you all planning?

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Can anyone recommend anything that Morrison’s do particularly well?
Daughter is making the trek out there tomorrow and I know there are some things people have recommended.
@maglil55 and @Goonergal I’m thinking either or both of you might use Morrison’s?
Sea bass with the lemon oil. It's pre packed. Hubby likes their bakery goods. Their rib eye is good too.

Reactions: DJC3 and Mrs T 123

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Clicked the link out of curiosity as to what a feather blade was and got an unexpected revelation instead :).
For ages I've been referring to the thick concentrated tomato paste as 'thick concentrated tomato paste' whenever I used it in a recipe and told about it in English.
Turns out it's called tomato purée. In Dutch it's called tomatenpuree. Sometimes life is much less complicated than you think :facepalm:.

Everyone, please feel free to help me out whenever you see me struggling with the proper English words for something, I really do appreciate it!

Dinner today was the same tasty meal as yesterday in a smaller portion with an added tuna melt thing :hungry:
I've also made a new batch of chocolate and nuts things to send to my aunt tomorrow and to eat myself. Very spicy this time with a strong cloves and ginger smell and a nice chilli kick, which makes it almost a savoury treat instead of a sweet one. I love it!
We call feather blade, Spale Bone. The Americans call it Flatiron. All the same, cut from the shoulder and so long as it is cooked very slowly it is delicious.

Reactions: DJC3 and Antje77

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Getting some unexpected readings from my libe trial so still experimenting
B: leftover plum crumble (lc topping) with yoghurt and extra seeds
Bg was OK, Rose just the 2
L: avocado and 50g cheese
Midafternoon 4 sqs 90% Godiva. That chocolate is dangerous as cant seem to stop, but no rise to bg
D: a red pepper stuffed with left over carrots and sprouts (total about 50g weight) , chicken, topped with cheese and 1 teaspoon salsa. Pud of 2 teaspoons extra thick cream with 2 sqa 100% mint choc
Yet something in that sent me straight up to 9, from 5., and it seems to be staying up
I had added rice to the boys peppers but had none on mine.

Hating this diabetes malarkey again. My body hasn't read the books as to what it is supposed to do
Where are you in the 14 days Libre timescale? They sometimes give daft readings if they haven't had time to settle at the start or as they are coming to the end of the 14 days. I keep strips handy to check the reading.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Yes I think they are around 5 carbs so as long as you count them in - you/I will be fine - enjoy! I am already wondering if DGF will be doing a new mixed box this week
They arrived yesterday and......they sent me a freebie.....another pack of hot cross buns! I have 12 of them now! 8 went straight in the freezer. I cannot speak for the survival of the other four. They are dated to the 27 March - they won't be here that long

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Monday bed 6.8 FBG 6.7 - Easy repeat of yesterday's meal. Cold is still lingering as well. So still on water and paracetamol.
B. TAG and 2 slices of SLC toast with ox tongue and cheese.
L. Nothing.
D. Remains of yesterday's featherblade stew with another souffle thing and green beans. 2 squares 85%.

Got 10 portions of my Italian tripe dish packed and into the freezer following mass cooking yesterday. Glad butcher got it in as my previous supplies were exhausted. Grandson was a bit nervous again after the weekend but we got him in but he wouldn't stay longer. My school is still going strong. Still, at least I know what fronted adverbials are now!

Reactions: Mrs T 123

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Tuesday bed 7.6 FBG 6.9. I think this cold is finally shifting but vertigo is still bad as my ears are blocked. I think I've finally cracked how to get grandson to stay longer at school. He's staying 5 mins longer today (because he has to as I can't get back until then) but I've suggested a gradual increase of 10 mins per day and he's gone for it! It will take a while but fingers crossed.
B. TAG
L. Nothing until much later after I got all the children home after school. I was hungry so I had 2 slices of SLC bread with ox tongue.
D. One of these beef wrap things with the sliced peppers and onions and the spicy sauce plus another broccoli souffle thing. Since they arrived today, and I got a freebie pack, it would have been rude not to have a hot cross bun with butter from SLC. Oh they are soooooo good!! I did stop at one but it is difficult. Glad to say it didn't do anything horrible to the BGs.

Reactions: Mrs T 123

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Where are you in the 14 days Libre timescale? They sometimes give daft readings if they haven't had time to settle at the start or as they are coming to the end of the 14 days. I keep strips handy to check the reading.
2 days togo but that reading was a couple,e of days ago

Max68

Three cold sausages for lunch and two burgers, firecracker wings (I know, again) and halloumi fries tonight., Run out of Strawberries so some Greek yoghurt for desert.

Reactions: maglil55

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
L: blackstick blue cheese on gouda cheese crisps!
Made some coconut macaroon things yesterday that are a bit too coconutty, so added one to yoghurt. Much better.

D: 2 dippy eggs with lc soda bread soldiers. Another piece of soda bread with manchego and 2 cherry tomatoes.
Another mix of yoghurt and coconut

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Brunch - 1 slc roll on boiled egg, mayo & tomato. Mug of earl grey tea

Dinner - Prawn cocktail and smoked sweet chilli salmon with a large side salad and dollop of coleslaw. 2 squares lindtt 90%

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries washed down with a black coffee.
Late morning: black coffee and Fibre One caramel protein bar.
Skipped lunch.
Mid afternoon: black coffee and chocolate chia pudding.
Dinner: salmon fillets with peppercorn sauce, broccoli and mushrooms followed by SF jelly, cream and LC chocolate granola.

Onlinecaroline

@Antje77 she had spinal surgery last Monday to remove a cyst. So under strict instructions of no jumping or running!

Lunch - chorizo and cheese Rollitos from Tesco, 1/3 of a matthesons sausage and a Fatt Bar almond and raspberry bar. Total of about 4/5G.

Dinner - pork chops with spinach and mushroom sauce and fried cabbage (I think I might turn into a cabbage) Around 6g

A DGF lemon cake and 2 squares of Montezuma Black Forest chocolate.

Need to curb the creamy sauces as the weight loss has stalled at 2 stone, but just so delicious.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
@Antje77 she had spinal surgery last Monday to remove a cyst. So under strict instructions of no jumping or running!
Give her a big fat (but careful!) cuddle from me and wish her a fine recovery too!

A christmassy coloured plate of festive food, picture doesn't do it right!

164909253_10223159172482005_8491188391984406701_o.jpg

Reactions: maglil55 and DJC3

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
We call feather blade, Spale Bone. The Americans call it Flatiron. All the same, cut from the shoulder and so long as it is cooked very slowly it is delicious.

I didn’t know this was flat iron, I’ve often wondered, thank you.

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Bacon and egg's, tomatos, reheated leftover veggies for breakfast.
A couple of chicken drumsticks and low carb salad and ham wraps for lunch.
Corned brisket and green veggies for dinner.

I got a text message from my GP's practice yesterday, informig me that they would not be part of the Covid vaccination programme due to "unforeseen circumstances". Not really impressed as it has stuffed up my next appointment next week when I was going to get it at the same time..

They did supply a government link to find some where else to go and get the vax. I have to call in and get a new patient info form to fill in at the closest GP practice near me, but it will be after easter that I can get the first AZ vax shot. :arghh:

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries washed down with a black coffee.
Late morning: black coffee and Fibre One caramel protein bar.
Skipped lunch.
Mid afternoon: black coffee and coffee chia pudding.
We had some M&S vouchers to use so went to the local Simply Food store and while hubby got chocolate and hot cross buns (!) I got some low carb chilled stuff for me for Dinner: Mexican chicken with lime and chilli sauce, king prawns and Marie Rose sauce plus some crispy bacon strips, followed by SF jelly, cream and LC chocolate granola.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I didn’t know this was flat iron, I’ve often wondered, thank you.
I've got a habit of checking the various cuts. I think having an American DIL as well results in checking things as there are variations in words.

Reactions: DJC3