What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Bacon and egg's, tomatos, reheated leftover veggies for breakfast.
A couple of chicken drumsticks and low carb salad and ham wraps for lunch.
Corned brisket and green veggies for dinner.

I got a text message from my GP's practice yesterday, informig me that they would not be part of the Covid vaccination programme due to "unforeseen circumstances". Not really impressed as it has stuffed up my next appointment next week when I was going to get it at the same time..

They did supply a government link to find some where else to go and get the vax. I have to call in and get a new patient info form to fill in at the closest GP practice near me, but it will be after easter that I can get the first AZ vax shot. :arghh:
Is Australia not setting up mass vaccination centres? I have a lot of relatives in Australia so I know your situation has been loads better than elsewhere but I would have thought they'd want to step up vaccination before you head back into winter?

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Is Australia not setting up mass vaccination centres? I have a lot of relatives in Australia so I know your situation has been loads better than elsewhere but I would have thought they'd want to step up vaccination before you head back into winter?

I think they will be using public hospitals as well, but I am not sure on that.

I have put the link in that my GP sent me, might be use full for your relations if they have problems.

To see who has elegibilty - https://covid-vaccine.healthdirect.gov.au/eligibility

Reactions: maglil55

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Wednesday bed 7.8 FBG 7.1. Cold is definitely getting better and even the vertigo is improving. I do seem to have solved the problem of grandson increasing in school time. I had to wait for him to come out today! Softly, softly wins the day. I wish I could say long division went as well.
B. TAG and 2 slices of SLC toast with Dairylea.
L. A SLC hot cross bun warmed with butter melting on it....they are really good!
D. Remember all that Italian tripe I put in the freezer? Well a portion came out again as Hubby wanted white pudding and chips. So, a plate of my Italian tripe with a slice of SLC bread. 2 squares of 85%.

Upstairs electric shower broke down today. It seems to fail every 4 years. New one ordered and on its way. Thankfully we know the plumber so he'll be here to replace it next week. We do have another shower so we'll survive until then.

Reactions: Mrs T 123

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Same festive meal as yesterday in a smaller portion but with added peanut sauce. Peanut sauce doesn't improve the look of a plate of food, however tasty it may be.
So instead of a food picture you'll get a picture showing I make a very yummy peanut sauce indeed :)

165152570_10223165677564628_768410554607709006_o.jpg

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Woke early so had a breakfast of yoghurt, coconut and blueberries
L: tried to remember how to a do an all in one tuna bread thingy I did back in the early days (its my 1 year diabetes anniversary today) but didn't get it quite right. Still,OK to eat though.
D: 2 97% heck sausages with a carrot and some bubble and squeak using up sprouts and cabbage. Only my second potato in a year, on my last day of libre free trial and yes it does spike, but only for an hour.

Having an armagnac to celebrate my d day

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn

Over 7 million square kilometres @maglil55 :) But yes, they are setting up centres in a few capitals

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I've got a habit of checking the various cuts. I think having an American DIL as well results in checking things as there are variations in words.

I think even between regions in the UK there are different names sometimes too. Ive learned a lot since starting this WOE, possibly because so many low carb recipes come from USA.
Coincidentally the farm I get my pasture fed beef from said they would have flat iron steaks in today so I shall pop up and get some ( along with 1/2 the cow I expect - I always go a bit mad when I get there, it all looks so good)

Tori71

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
First time posting in absolutely ages, these things get away from you....nice to see familiar faces and new!

Breakfast, home made grain free granola, hi lo toast and tiptree reduced sugar marmalade
Lunch, brie, parma ham and tomato salad, strawberries and cream
Dinner, home made beef stew, cauliflower, cabbage, carrots and two tiny yorkshires
Snacks, fibre one popcorn snack bar, starbucks mocha Instant from packet about 12 carbs - much less than in shop. Two sugar free werthers, another hi lo slice later if peckish.

Trying to re jig things diet wise, getting bored of same old, same old.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi All
Missed a couple of days. Anyway breakfast continues to be a slice of Hilo toast and lots of tea whatever the weather or the meter says. Lunches have been a couple of slivers of Dr Almond bread with cheese or eggs. Tuesday’s supper was one of my usual faves of panfried lamb chump chop with mushrooms and a tomato on the same pan but didnt help FBG next day like usual. Wednsday suppercwas small portion chilli with mashed up broccoli. Yesterday was Fish Finger Firsday with small amount of roasted med veg, more of which will accompany my baked salmon tonight with a dash of Teriyaki sauce. Tomorrow will be t/a for supper so will try and keep very LC all day. Have ordered large chicken to roast on Sunday so there will be lots of leftovers though I dont really care for cold chicken like Mr PM but some may end up in my chicken & chorizo fry up thing early week. Has been quite cold here last couple of days with some icy rain so tomorrow will make some green soup.

Tori71

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Just worked out what SLC is??!:arghh:
Any recommendations from here would be gratefully received! Already taken with the Hot Cross Buns:hungry:

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Just worked out what SLC is??!:arghh:
Any recommendations from here would be gratefully received! Already taken with the Hot Cross Buns:hungry:

Mr B thinks the SLC bread and rolls are excellent, but was v disappointed with the hot cross buns. He threw the last one out rather than bother to eat it.

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Oh no!!! I've not had a hot cross bun in years. Looking forward to a bacon butty tho!
SLC has been a game changer for me and as for the hot cross buns - I thought I would never be able to eat anything like that again - I can thoroughly recommend SLC - Bacon butties, fried egg rolls not to mention cheeseburgers again etc etc ... Winner & Gold star from me :)

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Break fast - Ham rollup with cheese & coleslaw filling. Mug of earl grey tea. 2 squares lindtt 90% with peanut butter on top.

Dinner - Large mushroom & onion omlette. 2 small mint choc chips from Holland & Barrett (2 carbs). Large glass of pepsi max

Onlinecaroline

Lunch - Cheese and Chorizo rollitos, Matthesons half a smoked sausage and a Fatt Bar cake bite.

Dinner - take away of chicken chaat wings, saag paneer and garlic chicken tikka.

Probably some Montezuma later too, seeing as it’s Friday!

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B: ff greek with seeds and 2 strawberries (I usually refuse to buy out of season strawberries for both taste and ecological reasons but these actually looked good and were quite tasty, and made a change from 6 blueberries!)

L: one hot chicken leg from supermarket, manchego and 4 slices Polish sausage. 1 nut bar at 14g carbs. First glance at ingredients looked OK but something sent me up to 9, sure enough they now included puffed rice!

D: h/m chicken curry, using up half can coconut milk from earlier in the week. Boys had rice with theirs.
2 sqs 85 %, because it is Friday

Last reading from free trial libre.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries washed down with a black coffee.
Late morning: black coffee and Fibre One caramel protein bar.
Skipped lunch.
Mid afternoon: black coffee and chocolate chia pudding.
Dinner: cold roast chicken drumsticks, leafy salad, coleslaw and M&S crispy bacon strips followed by SF jelly, cream and LC chocolate granola.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Tori71 it’s good to see you again and I agree with you and @Mrs T 123 it’s SO good to have a real bacon butty again.

Today I had lunch of minute steak and eggs after another visit to the beef farm shop. Fab.
A DGF cake to follow, I am giving these away left right and centre as I want to move to a more ‘real food’ based WOE and I think these just aggravate my sweet tooth. Not sure I’m strong enough to stop the SLC bacon butties yet - baby steps!
Dinner was air fried leg of lamb, v small joint, with buttered cabbage. Glass or 2 of red wine.