What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

Tori71

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
SLC has been a game changer for me and as for the hot cross buns - I thought I would never be able to eat anything like that again - I can thoroughly recommend SLC - Bacon butties, fried egg rolls not to mention cheeseburgers again etc etc ... Winner & Gold star from me :)
I am sooo looking forward to these arriving! Call me lazy, but there are some things I just can't be bothered to make myself...

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Mainly leftovers for breakfast, reheated veggies and eggs and a piece of steak.
Nothing for lunch as I went to the podiatrst for a foot check and toenail trim. I got two of those little chocolate easter eggs given me though.
Pork chops and veggies and gravy for dinner.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
We had a family get-together on Teams from 7 to 9 PM today. So I ordered a webcam yesterday to try to figure this out.
I debated eating before 7 but decided it wouldn't work. My planned meal would take 45 minutes including preheating the oven so I figured I could live with eating at 9:45.
Turned out this family thing was so enjoyable I stayed late with a couple of family members (just like I'm prone to do on real family weekends). 10:45 PM is too late for a real meal for me (I'm an hour head of mostof you) so it's over to plan B.
I'm afraid plan B in this case will turn out to be too many pork scratchings with aioli, nuts, and chocolate things in bed.

Still, it was a very good evening, and wonderful to see various aunts, uncles, cousins etc. again, ranging in age from under 10 to over 80!

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I love the hot cross buns. Especially warmed in the oven and butter melting on them!
I half mine and then toast them to give them a bit of a crunch with lots of butter on top which melts with the heat - my mouth is watering thinking about them - I must place an order soooooon

Reactions: maglil55

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I half mine and then toast them to give them a bit of a crunch with lots of butter on top which melts with the heat - my mouth is watering thinking about them - I must place an order soooooon
I still have 9 left......I'm probably within "burglary" distance of you.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
It will be 8 very soon though

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thursday Bed 7.4 FBG 7.1. Did I say this cold was shifting? Vertigo was awful this morning. I'm also missing my upstairs shower as it is perfect for a steamy atmosphere to sit and breathe in. Still replacement arrived today. This was also day 2 of "fraying at the edges" long division! Inbetween times, we've switched suppliers for TV, Broadband etc at a saving of over £2k over 18 months. A lot of coming and going today.
B. TAG and a slice of SLC toast with Dairylea and a slice of thin ham.
L. Another SLC hot cross bun warm with melting butter.
D. Made a chicken curry with various remaining veggies added - green beans, tenderstem, sugar snaps, peppers and had it with cauliflower rice. Hubby was having these spicy onions so I put a spoonful into my cauliflower rice which added some nice heat stir frying them through. Not enough of them to impact my BGs but added interesting flavour to the cauli rice.

@Mike d @Riva_Roxaban thanks for the info. I've passed it onto niece who will be here a while yet and the clan in Australia.

Reactions: Riva_Roxaban

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@maglil55 what a time you are having with a persistent cold, vertigo, new shower installation and long division! But I have to add melted butter on your hot X bun also as I can only have toast cooled crisp so that when I add a thick layer of butter it doesnt melt. Maybe I am just weird ;)

Tori71

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I can only have toast cooled crisp so that when I add a thick layer of butter it doesnt melt. Maybe I am just weird ;)
Aaaa, @PenguinMum you are not weird at all, I have to leave the Hi-lo until it is stone cold before buttering it, so that you can see the teeth marks in the butter! Although, strangely I do put the butter on to melt on hot cross buns and toasted current tea cakes (remembering those with fondness):happy:

annabell1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
rude people
not able to do as much as I used to do due to health issues
onions
leek
@maglil55 what a time you are having with a persistent cold, vertigo, new shower installation and long division! But I have to add melted butter on your hot X bun also as I can only have toast cooled crisp so that when I add a thick layer of butter it doesnt melt. Maybe I am just weird ;)
No not weird I do the same my toast has be cooled as well before I put butter on don't like soggy toast!

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Where are they all spread @maglil55 ?
Narrabundha outside Canberra, Summerland Point off Lake MacQuarrie, loads of them around Sydney - Paramatta, The Ponds, Quaker Hill, Kings Langley and Penrith. We are fought over when we visit (which regrettably hasn't been the last 2 years).

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I am sooo looking forward to these arriving! Call me lazy, but there are some things I just can't be bothered to make myself...
Enjoy! - I have attempted once to make my own bread but was more than a bit of a disappointment - I will try again sometime but it is easier when you can get these and these are always perfect - whereas I wasted as much time and money trying to make my own ... well that's my excuse and I am sticking to it

Reactions: Tori71

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Brunch - 2 boiled eggs mashed up in a cup with butter, a little mayo and black pepper. Mug of earl grey tea

Dinner - Saturday night take-away - chicken jalfrezi with my own cauliflower rice and a large lc onion cracker to dip in sauce. Last 2 Keto mint choc chip balls from Holland & Barrett - nice for a change but at £1.99 for 4 quite expensive. Large glass of pepsi max

Tori71

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Happy weekend everyone

Nice sunny but cold weather this side of the Pennines, went for a walk 'round the village and even managed a little bit of gardening (not my favourite)
Breakfast, home made grain free granola, hi lo toast and tiptree reduced sugar marmalade
Lunch, brie, parma ham and tomato salad, strawberries and cream
Dinner, Bacon and Halloumi salad, A mini maltesers bunny (worked into my daily allowance) and not bought by me, but a gift. On reflection I really do prefer the 90% or above stuff now.
Snacks, fibre one popcorn snack bar, starbucks mocha Instant.
Lots of tea and my new favourite a can of diet, caffine free Pepsi

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Today was easy, it was yesterdays uneaten meal which was the same as the day before yesterday and the day before :)
Plate of veggies was still in the microwave, meat already prepared for the oven, so no work, delicious meal!

I'm afraid plan B in this case will turn out to be too many pork scratchings with aioli, nuts, and chocolate things in bed.
Yesterday turned out to be lots of snacks in bed, like I predicted, which led to rather perfect overnight BG's. Too bad I can't live on bedtime snacks alone!

I've been dreaming of spaghetti with a creamy tomato sauce with mince and blue cheese. Spaghetti is out, but the sauce still sounded very attractive after waking up. So i'm going to try something with cauliflower to substitute the spaghetti. I've already cut half a cauliflower in thin slices and small bits and made a marinade of olive oil, garlic, a chopped chilli pepper, nutritional yeast, an unknown but very yellow spice mix I lost the package of, and a little soy sauce for saltiness. I'ts now marinating and I plan to bake the cauliflower bits in the oven tomorrow, in hopes it will taste so good I won't mind it's not spaghetti :).

I'll let you know if this is something you should try too or something to definitely not do!

Reactions: maglil55 and MrsA2

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
No breakfast as straight into yoga. Sad to hear its stopping for several weeks over Easter, as are several of my other exercise classes . Routine will go out of the window.
Will have to increase walking instead. At least we can leave the village now and drive in the car to somewhere different

L. Cold chicken thigh and a bit of cheese.
An lc baking afternoon, almond biscuits and a spice cake. All now portioned and in the freezer, except for 6 , yes 6 biscuits that slipped into my mouth while cooling.

D Turkey burger made by hubby, very tasty, in lettuce leaves with side salad.
One glass of red.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries washed down with a black coffee.
Late morning: black coffee and Fibre One caramel protein bar.
Skipped lunch.
Mid afternoon: black coffee and coffee chia pudding.
Dinner Chinese Takeaway: crispy duck, three small pancakes, a smidge of sauce and veggies followed by SF jelly, cream and LC chocolate granola.