What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
You might be lucky. My last order travelled overnight from Peterborough. If it doesn't move though........
Yes hopefully, I think the last time it arrived at Peterborough around the same time (8pm) and it was delivered to me the next day - I hope so as I can't wait for a wee piece of cake with my tea - I have been thinking about it all week since I placed my order!:hungry::cat: - got my cream in too - all ready ...

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Tuesday bed 7.1 FBG 7.2. I don't think I've adjusted to the clock change yet. Sleeping OK but very tired still.
B. TAG and a slice of SLC toast with pate
L. Another slice of SLC toast with pate and a warm SLC hot cross bun with butter.
D. Took a portion of mushroom and chicken soup out of the freezer together with a slice of SLC bread. 2 squares 85%.

Wednesday bed 7.3 FBG 7.6. Bit of a niggling sore throat. Grandson has been getting through loads of work. He made another step forward today and asked to go outside at break. This was huge for a boy that didn't want to leave his home a few weeks ago. I told him today that the maths he's been doing is next year's but he admits he can do it.
B. TAG and a slice of SLC toast with pate again.
L. A sugar free hot vimto.
D. Chicken wings, a broccoli/cauliflower souffle thing, couple of grilled halloumi sticks - one onion ring (it was battered) and I mixed up a garlic mayo. 2 squares 85%.

annabell1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
rude people
not able to do as much as I used to do due to health issues
onions
leek
@maglil55 thank you it was delicious the sirrachi dressing really made it.

Breakfast
A slice of hot cross bun with butter

Lunch

Prawns pastrami lettuce 1/4 mango and avocado amd sirrachi Mayo dressing

Dinner

A slice of hot cross bread with butter

Breakfast

French toast made using 1 x egg beaten with cream and hot cross bread dipped and pan fried in butter.

Snack A slice of Watermelon

Dinner

Pan fried Barramundi with cauliflower cheese bake and a chicken wing

Unsweetened cranberry juice with lemon diet cordial and water.

Hand full Dark chocolate bullets

Tori71

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast, home made grain free granola, hi lo toast and tiptree reduced sugar marmalade
Lunch, left over poussin and mayo in a SLC tea cake (or bread barm or roll depending on where you're from!)
Dinner, M&S poshdogs (a new find, only need to eat one they're massive), creamy pepper sauce, five chips, petit pois, half a roasted tomato , strawberries and spoonfull of Judes ice cream.
Snacks, starbucks instant mocha and a pip and nut buttercup
Lots of tea and a can of diet, caffine free Pepsi,

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Brunch: scrambled eggs with wild garlic ( thanks for mentioning it @MrsA2 I hope you are feeling better now) plus a spoonful of kimchi.
Mid aft snack 1 h/b egg.
Dinner: deli meat from butchers ( topside and Turkey breast) with spinach leaves, h/b egg, h/m mayo and more kimchi. 1 glass white wine outside enjoying last of sunshine. A handful of 100% cocoa buttons to follow.

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Brunch - 2 slices slc bread sandwich filled with corned beef. Mug of earl grey tea. 1 dgf blueberry & lemon drizzle cake

Dinner - 1 slc hot cross bun slathered in butter. 2 slc bread sandwich filled with ham & egg (I am loving just a sandwich so I am). 1 dgf pecan butterscotch with double cream.

@maglil55 Peterborough problems seem to be sorted out - received DGF order (heaven) this morning ...

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries washed down with a black coffee.
Late morning: black coffee and Fibre One caramel protein bar.
Skipped lunch.
Mid afternoon: black coffee and chocolate chia pudding.
Dinner: home made low carb scotch eggs with leafy salad followed by SF jelly, cream and LC chocolate granola.

Reactions: maglil55

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Evening meal today was pretty much same old, same old, various veggies, peanut sauce, marinated pork belly from the freezer.
Earlier today it was some low carb bread with a much reduced amount of insulin (3 units instead of 9) because I ate the bread on my way to the swimming pool which has just reopened!
I've pretty much been the epitome of a couch potato since before christmas, due to depression being mean this winter, and due to the pools being closed, as until december my subscription forced me to swim twice a week in a class.

As of today the outdoor part of the pool has been opened for swimming laps (boring!) so I went for a one hour time slot!
Went in at 6.3, going up because of the bread, and caught the hypo just before it was there at 4.2 after 35 minutes :happy:
Ate half an apple to treat/prevent dropping lower, shivering next to the water before going back in. Next time I'll just jump back in with my apple :hilarious:

Late night snack will be the usual as well, either pork scratchings, nuts or chocolate things, or perhaps all of them :hungry:

The 'boring' of swimming laps was well compensated by two unexpected visitors at the pool. The pool is one with low edges, as low as the water, so you can look out over the grass in the pool grounds. Two 'scholeksters' (Google translates as oystercatchers, not sure if that is right so I included a picture I nicked from the internet) had discovered the nice warm pool water and had their bath at the side, putting their heads under water and shaking it off again, and taking a few steps back whenever someone swam past, only to come right back to continue their bath. It was both hilarious and beautiful!

Scholekster.jpg

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
L: 30g cheddar and a few ends of ham. A naughty spoonful of hummus.
Ran hubby into town for his optiicans appointment which meant I could browse Waitrose. They have green and backs 70% flavours at £1.50. All said 33 gcarbs per 100 so 7g a 2 sq row... so I had to try them didnt I.?
Ate the whole salted caramel bar while waiting in the car park:bag:
How do they work out carbs, becuase that was definitely carbier and sweeter than 33g per 100. I'm sure the labelling is wrong

D: a pack pork scratchings and a h/m chicken curry.
Ff greek with blueberries
2 sqs Green and Blacks 70% with orange and almond

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening meal today was pretty much same old, same old, various veggies, peanut sauce, marinated pork belly from the freezer.
Earlier today it was some low carb bread with a much reduced amount of insulin (3 units instead of 9) because I ate the bread on my way to the swimming pool which has just reopened!
I've pretty much been the epitome of a couch potato since before christmas, due to depression being mean this winter, and due to the pools being closed, as until december my subscription forced me to swim twice a week in a class.

As of today the outdoor part of the pool has been opened for swimming laps (boring!) so I went for a one hour time slot!
Went in at 6.3, going up because of the bread, and caught the hypo just before it was there at 4.2 after 35 minutes :happy:
Ate half an apple to treat/prevent dropping lower, shivering next to the water before going back in. Next time I'll just jump back in with my apple :hilarious:

Late night snack will be the usual as well, either pork scratchings, nuts or chocolate things, or perhaps all of them :hungry:

The 'boring' of swimming laps was well compensated by two unexpected visitors at the pool. The pool is one with low edges, as low as the water, so you can look out over the grass in the pool grounds. Two 'scholeksters' (Google translates as oystercatchers, not sure if that is right so I included a picture I nicked from the internet) had discovered the nice warm pool water and had their bath at the side, putting their heads under water and shaking it off again, and taking a few steps back whenever someone swam past, only to come right back to continue their bath. It was both hilarious and beautiful!

Scholekster.jpg
Yep, oystercatcher

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Bacon and a cheese omelette for breakfast.
Last of the corned beef and tomato and onion in a low carb wrap for lunch.
Pork chops, green .veggies, gravy for dinner.

Got my Hba1c test result yesterday 5.7% or 38 mmol/mol, down from 6.2% or 45 mmol/mol in November, some licorice and sorbet sampling in this as well.

Onlinecaroline

L: 30g cheddar and a few ends of ham. A naughty spoonful of hummus.
Ran hubby into town for his optiicans appointment which meant I could browse Waitrose. They have green and backs 70% flavours at £1.50. All said 33 gcarbs per 100 so 7g a 2 sq row... so I had to try them didnt I.?
Ate the whole salted caramel bar while waiting in the car park:bag:
How do they work out carbs, becuase that was definitely carbier and sweeter than 33g per 100. I'm sure the labelling is wrong

D: a pack pork scratchings and a h/m chicken curry.
Ff greek with blueberries
2 sqs Green and Blacks 70% with orange and almond
I always have the Green and Blacks as a treat after dinner and so far, fingers crossed it has never spiked me. Even 3 squares rather than 2 seems fine.

Lunch - a few chicken satay sticks, quarter of a Matthesons square sausage, 2 Babybel and a Fatt Bar butter cookie.

Dinner - aubergine lasagne followed by a DGF strawberry and cream blondie and a row of Montezuma.

That’s us broken up for Easter so looking forward to cooking some big lunches again rather than living on sausages and Babybels

annabell1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
rude people
onions
leek
Breakfast

Hot cross toasted bread with butter black coffee

Lunch/Dinner brought prawns yesterday so made garlic Prawns with a slice of sourdough bread to soak up all the garlicky juices ... was so good and filling. Have more prawns to cook tomorrow mmmm might have to make these again lol

Glass of gin and bitter lemon and Unsweetened cranberry juice lemon and lime slices and fresh basil and mint leaves with dinner gin gin
20210402_180647.jpg

Dr Snoddy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Trolls

Scholekster.jpg

How fabulous to have oystercatchers feeding where you swim!

Last edited by a moderator:

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries washed down with a black coffee.
Late morning: black coffee and Fibre One caramel protein bar.
Skipped lunch.
Mid afternoon: black coffee and coffee chia pudding.
Dinner: chicken satay sticks, leafy salad, coleslaw and a small packet of Cheesies followed by SF jelly, cream and a tablespoon of a new batch of home made LC granola, raspberry and chocolate this time :hungry:

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
b : yoghurt and seeds and blueberries
L: 1 slice cheese and 4 four prawns
Mid afternoon half a hot cross bun and 2 pieces lc cake (memo to self better to have a proper lunch) after a lovely spring walk
D: lamb with cabbage and celery. 2 glasses white wine. 4 sqs chocolate

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
My eat fish / white meat on good friday was a prawn and cheese omelette for breakfast.
More prawns and a salad for lunch.
A coral trout baked in the oven with more salad for dinner.

A illicit spoonful of passion fruit sorbet, by crikey that sorbet is nice.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Birthday celebrations yesterday. Started with scrambled eggs and kimchi as a late breakfast.
Lunch involved a bbq in the garden with all the family finally. It was a gorgeous day, really sunny and hot ( marred slightly be neighbour deciding to light a bonfire an hour earlier but she put it out when I explained, so neighbour wars avoided thank goodness)
Fabulous fillet steak, 1 lamb chop, Greek style salad and a lot of champagne.
The local fisherman arrived with our crabs in the afternoon so had half with more salad later on and some fresh raspberries to follow.

What a lovely day!

annabell1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
rude people
onions
leek
happy birthday @DJC3 sounds like you had a lovely day celebrating with your family and how yummy fresh crabs sounds delish

Breakfast/brunch had leftovers fried chicken

A/T BS was 4 but wasn't really hungry but ended up having a slice of hot cross bread with butter

Went shopping at bunnings as needed some sealant as my toilet is leaking

Dinner

Made another batch of garlic chilli prawns so quick and easy to make served with sourdough toast I needed something to soak up the garlic sauce. Also tonight's meal tasted a lot better as I remembered to salt the prawns this time before cooking.
Edited to add had a gin and Cointreau with Unsweetened cranberry juice and bitter lemon with dinner