1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

What have you eaten today?

Discussion in 'Low-carb Diet Forum' started by Administrator, Apr 20, 2015.

1. Max68

Max68 · Well-Known Member

Since I have been eating this hi lo bread my word I crave pate! I like the brussels or chicken liver that Sainsbury do, plus they are cheaper! Tried their new Buffalo Wings but not good, very bland, I'll stick with the Firecracker. I've really got to stop buying those Schar's Curvies though, they are my downfall!

BTW if anyone wants a nice lower carb bread, this is what I now use and I used to be a white bread freak. Goes really nicely as toast and all types of eggs, salmon and of course pate go beautifully. Only downside is it isn't really a bacon sandwich loaf!

Hi-Lo Seeded Medium Sliced Wholemeal Bread 400g | Sainsbury's (sainsburys.co.uk)

• Like Like x 2
  2. Tori71

Tori71 Type 2 (in remission!) · Well-Known Member

Breakfast; Hi lo toast with butter, home made granola with almond milk
    Brunch: Half a bacon sandwich with friend in temp outdoor cafe at Morrisons, Hungry when I got back, must be all the talking, so had three rollitos from morrisons new tapas range and a cracker. Fibre one protein bar from the stash my friend brought me (she shops in Tesco, the only stockists of the protein variety) It looked very furtive doing the swap over in the car park:shifty:
    Dinner: half a lamb shank, green beans, carrots, home made gravy. Strawberries and cream. two squares of green and blacks mint velvet.

Chicken with butter and sage sauce was yum!

• Like Like x 2
  3. maglil55

maglil55 Type 2 · Expert

Way behind again Sunday bed 5.8 FBG 6.1

B. TAG and 2 slices of SLC toast with Dairylea
    L. Nothing
    D. Gammon steak with a few peach bits, one of my broccoli/cauliflower souffle things, a green veg mix. A DGF Coconut and raspberry and my usual campari and soda.

@DJC3 & MrsA2 - I have developed a hunger streak too. Probably because I've had too much going on lately.

Monday bed 6.4 FBG 5.7

B. TAG - no time for anything else as Hubby was getting second jab today and he had to come with me to get the boys to school then a mad dive to the drive through vaccination centre.
    L. Nothing
    D. Last of the drumsticks air fried with chimichurri and a cheese and sour cream dip. Yet another DGF coconut & raspberry.

Tuesday bed 5.6 FBG 6.2

B. TAG no time again for anything else. Boys to school then straight to Physio. I needed it as I've really been suffering with my legs and vertigo coming and going.
    L. Had to pick No 1 grandson up on return from Physio for home schooling but grabbed a bit of SLC toast with egg mayo.
    D. Remains of a cold meat assortment I had in the fridge with a few santini tomatoes and a few veggie chips. DGF strawberry & cream and I had a grenade ice cream bar as well.

I'd also had a black tea and an alcohol free, lager at brother's house. Travelled up with Hubby as niece goes back to Australia on Friday from Manchester. We were there a while. All very emotional since, as she said, she's seen me more than once a week for the past 3 months so it will be odd not seeing us constantly. She's busy now getting her covid test ready to fly. We'd hoped quarantine might have been lifted by the time she returned but no such luck. 14 days in a hotel in Perth and when she "escapes" she'll still have another 4 hour flight to get to the east coast.

• Like Like x 3
  4. Newly diagnosed

Newly diagnosed · Well-Known Member

Thank you @maglil55! Love finding foods I can eat!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. Newly diagnosed

Newly diagnosed · Well-Known Member

The usual peanut porridge with raspberries, lunch was 2x homemade seeded crackers, 2x portions of cheese and 2x slices of ham. 1x fibre one protein bar. Dinner: chicken breast marinaded in garlic, olive oil, chilli and paprika with a squeeze of fresh lime, serve with salad. Plus 1x dgf brookie!

• Like Like x 2
  6. Rachox

Rachox Type 2 (in remission!) · Moderator
    Staff Member

Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries washed down with a black coffee.
    Late morning: black coffee and Fibre One caramel protein bar.
    Skipped lunch.
    Mid afternoon: black coffee and chocolate chia pudding.
    Dinner: mushroom, cheese and tomato omelette followed by SF jelly, cream and LC chocolate and raspberry granola.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Antje77

Antje77 LADA · Moderator
    Staff Member

How did your haddock, aubergine and Jarlsberg gratin work out?

8. maglil55

maglil55 Type 2 · Expert

Wednesday 5.6 FBG 6

Did I mention, just to add to everything else that was going on, my dishwasher is kaput, and my freezer went weird. Dishwasher, fine, Hubby is washing by hand currently until I decide what I want. The big fridge freezer is another matter. Fridge is fine but the freezer part.....son reckons it's haunted. It stopped producing ice but the ice still in the caddy was melting, running down the inside of the freezer door and refreezing. I have stalactites on my freezer door! Most food remained frozen but the ice cream had to be ditched. Boys ice cream lollies were liquid inside. Engineer was coming in today and would you believe the ice caddy was full when we got up! Engineer really went over it but we're at the stage it could be a few things so we have to wait for it to go weird again! Boys ice creams are also so frozen they have to thaw a bit before they can bite them.

B. TAG
    L. 2 slices of SLC bread with ox tongue and coleslaw.
    D. Remains of yet more cold meats Hubby had yesterday, tomatoes and a cauliflower thingy. DGF blueberry and lemon.

• Hug Hug x 3
  9. Onlinecaroline

Onlinecaroline · Well-Known Member

Another day for breakfast as work is mental the now - 3 eggs with butter mashed in a cup.

Lunch - 2 slices of SLC bread with Boursin, a lump of smoked sausage and a sugar free jelly.

Dinner - roast chicken, a mini corn on the cob, some cabbage and cauliflower cheese.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. Antje77

Antje77 LADA · Moderator
    Staff Member

This sounds like the perfect solution really :D

Dinner was green beans and mushrooms with spicy pork belly pieces again :hungry:
    I'm also in the process of making a new batch of chocolate and nut things to fill the freezer (waiting for it to set enough to be able to cut in pieces, but not set so much it will break everywhere).
    This time with roasted walnuts, almonds and experimental pumpkin seeds. I noticed that according to the bag they were best before march 2020, so high time I used them :)
    And yes, my mum's fruit bowl is put to good use for the au bain marie melting of the ingredients. It's perfect because it fits any pot!

upload_2021-4-29_22-5-29.png

• Like Like x 5
  11. DJC3

DJC3 Type 2 · Expert

Thank you. Makes sense to draw out as much moisture as poss if putting in a dish with a bit of sauce.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  12. DJC3

DJC3 Type 2 · Expert

Well done you! Good to see you back.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  13. MrsA2

MrsA2 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Luckily my hungry 24 hours proved to be just that. No idea what caused it.

Skipped breakfast as straight into an exercise class followed by a walk with friends. This one we rested halfway at a pub for a garden lunch. I had burger with salad and left the bun. Very civilised albeit cold (weather I mean, not the burger) just munt tea to drink.

An lc hot chocolate when home again

D: newly invented cheesy mince layer bake. The layers were beef mince cooked with onions and a tin chopped tomatoes with layers of cabbage and slice edam cheese, sort of lasagne like without the pasta and with added cabbage.
    An lc brownie and cream to finish

• Like Like x 6
  14. Antje77

Antje77 LADA · Moderator
    Staff Member

Sounds quick, easy and tasty :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Riva_Roxaban

Riva_Roxaban Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Bacon and eggs with some reheated veggies for breakfast.
    Lunch was cancelled for lack of interest.
    Grilled coral trout fillets, green veggies and a few chips for dinner.

• Like Like x 5
  16. Mike d

Mike d Type 2 · Expert

For future reference @maglil55 , never have a PERTH arrival point. I can say this with complete freedom given I live here. The Premier of that state is a total moron with strong totalitarian tendencies who thinks nothing of enforcing a state lockdown with little or no notice, all over a single case of covid.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  17. muzza3

muzza3 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Finally home from the road trip

2 fried eggs and bacon
    1 milk coffees
    2 x almonds (6)
    3 low carb beers (1.7gms each)
    4 x red wine
    Indian lamb cutlets, Bombay curry oops some naan and rice
    Did walk 10km
    BFG 5.0 ????

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. Goonergal

Goonergal Type 2 · Moderator
    Staff Member

Evening all.

Enjoying a little break away from home = no air fryer, but also very little food prep/clearing up :D

Lunch today was 3 chicken drumsticks - leftover from a raid of the Morrison’s ‘Market Kitchen’ rotisserie the night before and reheated.
    Dinner was from Five Guys. Bunless bacon burger with grilled onions.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. DJC3

DJC3 Type 2 · Expert

FBG higher than I’d like this morning and continued rising after 1hr dog walk so had breakfast to see if that would stall it. Scrambled eggs did the trick.
    Hair appointment at lunchtime hurrah! 9 months worth of locks cut off. Had a bit of a walk along the surprisingly empty Fistral beach which was glorious.
    Starving when I finally got home so airfried a couple of belly pork slices ( from the half pig we got yesterday from a local farm) and a chicken thigh. While they were cooking I had a DGF cake and BG shot up again. I’d often thought I might be sensitive to these and I think I now have proof. Probably a good thing as I’m trying to recondition my sweet tooth, but a bit sad too.
    Dinner, which I only ate half of as I’d not long finished lunch was a takeaway bacon cheeseburger. Rest of the family wanted a Friday night takeaway, I should have just declined really, such a waste.
    (Had room for a glass of red wine though)

• Hug Hug x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Rachox

Rachox Type 2 (in remission!) · Moderator
    Staff Member

Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries washed down with a black coffee.
    Late morning: black coffee and Fibre One caramel protein bar.
    Skipped lunch.
    Mid afternoon: black coffee and coffee chia pudding with LC chocolate and raspberry granola.
    Dinner: 2 x lamb kebabs, leafy salad, pork scratchings and coleslaw followed by a white chocolate Carb Killa choc ice.

• Like Like x 1
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook