What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

valuator

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Yesterday (May 15th)

Breakfast (8am): 0% Greek yogurt, black coffee
Lunch (12pm): Leftover grilled pork rib chop, coleslaw, stole a few of my wife’s French fries
Snack (3pm): No food, black coffee
Dinner (8pm): Grilled sirloin steak, topped with pesto sauce, roasted button mushrooms stuffed with Boursin cheese
Evening Snack (10pm) - No food, a Bitburger lager

Walked 3.62km

Reactions: maglil55

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
I didn't have a second meal yesterday - too tired to do anything. So today I made the (supposedly) French style peas. I like peas, but not any kind of green beans, nor have I enjoyed cooking lettuce in the past but I decided to make an effort. It was fab! I made enough for at least 2 meals, but it was sooo good that I finished it all. No more food today.

I fried off half a chopped onion in oil and butter, then added a chopped up potato (naughty me) and fried that off as well. I added some lemon pepper and salt and then about 150 g French beans. Then about 1/2 litre of veg stock and a whole pile (didn't measure but about 150 g) of frozen peas. Then a whole cos lettuce in 2 cm (approx) slices. Cooked for about 1/2 hour. Couldn't resist having the whole lot for my brunch.

I'll ask Neil to get me some more green beans next time he goes to the shops.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I didn't have a second meal yesterday - too tired to do anything. So today I made the (supposedly) French style peas. I like peas, but not any kind of green beans, nor have I enjoyed cooking lettuce in the past but I decided to make an effort. It was fab! I made enough for at least 2 meals, but it was sooo good that I finished it all. No more food today.

I fried off half a chopped onion in oil and butter, then added a chopped up potato (naughty me) and fried that off as well. I added some lemon pepper and salt and then about 150 g French beans. Then about 1/2 litre of veg stock and a whole pile (didn't measure but about 150 g) of frozen peas. Then a whole cos lettuce in 2 cm (approx) slices. Cooked for about 1/2 hour. Couldn't resist having the whole lot for my brunch.

I'll ask Neil to get me some more green beans next time he goes to the shops.
French style peas is another one that chopped, fried pancetta goes well with. I think it's a Jamie Oliver recipe (although I do have a little recipe book of nothing but peas so it might be that).

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
French style peas is another one that chopped, fried pancetta goes well with. I think it's a Jamie Oliver recipe (although I do have a little recipe book of nothing but peas so it might be that).
@Annb (and Antje77 - possibly one you can use) - it was a Jamie Oliver recipe but, as usual, I changed it. Here's the main recipe. All I did with this was exclude the flour ( I just reduced the stock,) However, I did fry off chopped pancetta which I added at the end AND I also put shaved parmesan on it before serving. You're right Ann, it is delicious although I'd forgotten about it until you mentioned it.

https://www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/vegetables-recipes/braised-peas-with-spring-onions-and-lettuce/

Reactions: Antje77 and Annb

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Saturday Bed & FBG were both 5.1. Back to jujitsu with the boys. Spoke to SIL while I was waiting for them and arranged to go up next Friday. Shopping after (not much). Then home for 1 hr until son was ready to go out (which pretty much wiped my day out).
B. TAG and 2 slices of SLC toast with ox tongue and Dairylea.
L. DGF brookie
D. Chicken in a creamy Dijon and tarragon sauce with a broccoli/cauliflower souffle thing and a mix of green veg (freezer stuff is reducing). It's just a well as the temperature for the freezer was showing 13° - that's +ve 13°! Which it couldn't be as everything was frozen apart from the odds and sods on the top shelf. If it was 13° I'd have sat in there as that was warmer than outside.
Did the good old computer trick; switch off; switch back on after 10 mins and........back to flashing 8's with the errors.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Today Sunday Bed 5.1 again FBG 5.2. Swimming lesson day. I just cannot sleep late although I'm really tired. Awake at 6am, shower at 7am.
B. TAG and 2 slices of SLC toast with ox tongue and coleslaw.
L. Another DGF Brookie before heading off to get the boys to swimming.
D. Usual campari and soda. Rib eye with mushrooms, another green veggie back from the freezer, one onion ring (Hubby was having them so I nicked one) and the broccoli/cauliflower souffle thing (only 2 left in the freezer). The very last of the grenade ice cream bars (hopefully I can buy more later this week if the freezer issues are resolved).

On the subject of the freezer, overnight it decided to reset itself, produce more ice!! and the freezer is showing -23°! The stalactites are huge though from the ice hopper.

Niece has also been released from quarantine in Perth, had to stay another night as the flight to Canberra had gone by the time she was released but, she had to check out and move to another hotel for the night as she was in a quarantine hotel. She's now home and delighted to see her husband & sons after 4 months.

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
@Annb (and Antje77 - possibly one you can use) - it was a Jamie Oliver recipe but, as usual, I changed it. Here's the main recipe. All I did with this was exclude the flour ( I just reduced the stock,) However, I did fry off chopped pancetta which I added at the end AND I also put shaved parmesan on it before serving. You're right Ann, it is delicious although I'd forgotten about it until you mentioned it.

https://www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/vegetables-recipes/braised-peas-with-spring-onions-and-lettuce/

I didn't intend to put potato in it, but, at the last minute, decided I would. Could have done very well without it though. Might try with different additions in future. Maybe some smoked fish, or ham. This is the first time I have eaten green beans of any sort since I decided to no longer eat the green beans my mother prepared. Hated them. But now I shall have them again.

valuator

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Yesterday (May 16th)

Breakfast (8am): 4 sunny side up eggs, black coffee
Lunch (1pm): Restaurant meal - Caesar salad and naan bread chicken sandwich (ugh shouldn't have done this)
Snack (3pm): Sun Chips (like a thin wheat cracker), black coffee
Dinner (8pm): Chicken wings and too much beer
Evening Snack (10pm) - No food, but more beer

What an embarrassing day of carb intake, although per my Libre I tolerated it better than expected. Anyway no sense pretending it didn't happen, getting back on the straight and narrow today.

On the bright side, walked 7.11km to bring my year-to-date total to 612.98km

Reactions: annabell1

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Breakfast: 2 rashers streaky bacon and 3 pullets eggs (small but delicious).

Lunch (unintended but BG dropped v low): 1 avocado chopped up with some crumbled potato crisps.

Dinner: trout with rhubarb. I asked Neil to get me some trout in today's shopping and expected it to be whole fish that he brought home. I had intended to stuff the trout with rhubarb but what I have is a fillet from what must have been a pretty large trout - I thought it was salmon - I'll just have to cook it on top of the rhubarb instead. It's an experiment, of course, so I'm not sure how it will work out. Should be edible anyway.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries washed down with a black coffee.
Late morning: black coffee and Fibre One caramel protein bar.
Skipped lunch.
Mid afternoon: black coffee and chocolate chia pudding.
Dinner: liver and bacon with French beans and carrots followed by SF raspberry jelly, cream and LC chocolate and raspberry granola.

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
11:30 4 rashers bacon, 1 hard boiled egg
5:30 2 sausages, broccoli, green beans, 4 cherry tomatoes and a sauce thing made by mixing the end of the coleslaw with the end of some tatziki. 25g Guylian dark with raspberries.
7:00 some ff greel with one brazil and 2 strawberries

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dinner: trout with rhubarb. I asked Neil to get me some trout in today's shopping and expected it to be whole fish that he brought home. I had intended to stuff the trout with rhubarb but what I have is a fillet from what must have been a pretty large trout - I thought it was salmon - I'll just have to cook it on top of the rhubarb instead. It's an experiment, of course, so I'm not sure how it will work out. Should be edible anyway.

The rhubarb was very sour so I added some raspberries to it and it went very well with the trout. It made a very nice meal. In fact, what I did was bake it with the rhubarb on top. Worth doing again.

Reactions: valuator

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
The usual bacon and cheese omelette, mushrooms and tomato for breakfast.
Lunch was a couple of cold meat and salad low carb wraps.
Corned brisket and veggies,

Got a text message from the base hospital yesterday to say I have an appointment next Wednesday, to see the surgical team about the biopsy results of the polyps they took a sample off. Deciding what Plan A will be...

I will be nice and tired fronting up, as I go to Brisbane on Monday to the RBH to see a vascular team re my leg infection, and then come back Tuesday night, train gets in at 10:30 pm if it's on time.:bigtears:

valuator

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Yesterday (May 17th)

Breakfast (8am): 2 McDonald's sausage & egg McMuffins (no buns), black coffee
Lunch (1pm): Homemade cheeseburger (no bun), tomato salad, coleslaw
Snack (3pm): Nothing to eat, black coffee
Dinner (8pm): Grilled sirloin steak with pesto
Evening Snack (10pm) - No food, but a beer

Walked 5.17km to bring YTD total to 618.15km

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi All
Back to pick up last Sunday.
Brunch of bacon and eggs cooked by Mr ZpM.
Supper was Peking Duck with green veg and two tsp. sauce.

Monday usual brekkie of slice HiLo toast, butter and lots of tea.
Lunch was tiny bit of quiche, without crusts, side salad & spoon of coleslaw.
Supper was chicken, chorizo, red pepper, paprika and cauli rice .

today same brekkie.
Lunch was ham salad with spoon coleslaw.
Supper tonight is roast chicken breast and roast Med veg.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries washed down with a black coffee.
Late morning: black coffee and Fibre One caramel protein bar.
Skipped lunch.
Mid afternoon: black coffee and coffee chia pudding.
Dinner: gammon steak with roasted Mediterranean veggies followed by SF strawberry jelly, cream and LC chocolate and raspberry granola.

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B: one cold sausage and one hardboiled egg
11:30 a coffee ( very rare event for me) and 1 bite hubbys coffee cake.
We are away and sheltering from rain showers in a succession of cafes. Wearing a libre to test all the food I wouldn't usually have.
15:30 mint tea and a cheese scone which I smothered in butter hoping to slow any rise (straight up to 10.7 so that will be my last )
18:30 fish ready meal from lidl. 12g carbs served with broccoli. Double cream with strawberries and one brazil and 15g 100% choc. Bg not too bad at 7.8

annabell1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
rude people
not able to do as much as I used to do due to health issues
onions
leek
Hi I've not posted for a quite awhile so trying to start doing that again.

Today I decided to cut my diamcron from 60mr to 30mr have still been doing low carb but was maybe eating more carbs than I should so trying to get my carbs lower again.

Breakfast 2 eggs scrambled with FF milk cooked in home-made ghee and a 3 cherry tomatoes and a half of a blueberry pancake that was a packet mix that uses oat flour! carbs are high per seve but I only had half of one so approximately 15g carbs at breakfast pancake and tomato and two mugs of black coffee.

BSL was 6.9mmol/L 2 hours later tested was 6.4 and 3 hours 5.8

A/tea 2 mugs of black tea and a quest chocolate chip cookie 4g of carbs

Dinner planning to bake a small peice of roast lamb with some baked cauliflower and Brussels sprouts and see what else maybe sitting in my vegetables draw. And might make some gravey. So approximately 15g to 20g of carbs.