1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

What have you eaten today?

Discussion in 'Low-carb Diet Forum' started by Administrator, Apr 20, 2015.

1. valuator

valuator Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Yesterday (May 15th)

Breakfast (8am): 0% Greek yogurt, black coffee
    Lunch (12pm): Leftover grilled pork rib chop, coleslaw, stole a few of my wife’s French fries
    Snack (3pm): No food, black coffee
    Dinner (8pm): Grilled sirloin steak, topped with pesto sauce, roasted button mushrooms stuffed with Boursin cheese
    Evening Snack (10pm) - No food, a Bitburger lager

Walked 3.62km

• Like Like x 1
  2. Annb

Annb Type 2 · Well-Known Member

I didn't have a second meal yesterday - too tired to do anything. So today I made the (supposedly) French style peas. I like peas, but not any kind of green beans, nor have I enjoyed cooking lettuce in the past but I decided to make an effort. It was fab! I made enough for at least 2 meals, but it was sooo good that I finished it all. No more food today.

I fried off half a chopped onion in oil and butter, then added a chopped up potato (naughty me) and fried that off as well. I added some lemon pepper and salt and then about 150 g French beans. Then about 1/2 litre of veg stock and a whole pile (didn't measure but about 150 g) of frozen peas. Then a whole cos lettuce in 2 cm (approx) slices. Cooked for about 1/2 hour. Couldn't resist having the whole lot for my brunch.

I'll ask Neil to get me some more green beans next time he goes to the shops.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. maglil55

maglil55 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

French style peas is another one that chopped, fried pancetta goes well with. I think it's a Jamie Oliver recipe (although I do have a little recipe book of nothing but peas so it might be that).

4. maglil55

@Annb (and Antje77 - possibly one you can use) - it was a Jamie Oliver recipe but, as usual, I changed it. Here's the main recipe. All I did with this was exclude the flour ( I just reduced the stock,) However, I did fry off chopped pancetta which I added at the end AND I also put shaved parmesan on it before serving. You're right Ann, it is delicious although I'd forgotten about it until you mentioned it.

https://www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/vegetables-recipes/braised-peas-with-spring-onions-and-lettuce/

• Like Like x 2
  5. maglil55

Saturday Bed & FBG were both 5.1. Back to jujitsu with the boys. Spoke to SIL while I was waiting for them and arranged to go up next Friday. Shopping after (not much). Then home for 1 hr until son was ready to go out (which pretty much wiped my day out).
    B. TAG and 2 slices of SLC toast with ox tongue and Dairylea.
    L. DGF brookie
    D. Chicken in a creamy Dijon and tarragon sauce with a broccoli/cauliflower souffle thing and a mix of green veg (freezer stuff is reducing). It's just a well as the temperature for the freezer was showing 13° - that's +ve 13°! Which it couldn't be as everything was frozen apart from the odds and sods on the top shelf. If it was 13° I'd have sat in there as that was warmer than outside.
    Did the good old computer trick; switch off; switch back on after 10 mins and........back to flashing 8's with the errors.

• Like Like x 2
  6. maglil55

Today Sunday Bed 5.1 again FBG 5.2. Swimming lesson day. I just cannot sleep late although I'm really tired. Awake at 6am, shower at 7am.
    B. TAG and 2 slices of SLC toast with ox tongue and coleslaw.
    L. Another DGF Brookie before heading off to get the boys to swimming.
    D. Usual campari and soda. Rib eye with mushrooms, another green veggie back from the freezer, one onion ring (Hubby was having them so I nicked one) and the broccoli/cauliflower souffle thing (only 2 left in the freezer). The very last of the grenade ice cream bars (hopefully I can buy more later this week if the freezer issues are resolved).

On the subject of the freezer, overnight it decided to reset itself, produce more ice!! and the freezer is showing -23°! The stalactites are huge though from the ice hopper.

Niece has also been released from quarantine in Perth, had to stay another night as the flight to Canberra had gone by the time she was released but, she had to check out and move to another hotel for the night as she was in a quarantine hotel. She's now home and delighted to see her husband & sons after 4 months.

• Like Like x 3
  7. Annb

I didn't intend to put potato in it, but, at the last minute, decided I would. Could have done very well without it though. Might try with different additions in future. Maybe some smoked fish, or ham. This is the first time I have eaten green beans of any sort since I decided to no longer eat the green beans my mother prepared. Hated them. But now I shall have them again.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. valuator

Yesterday (May 16th)

Breakfast (8am): 4 sunny side up eggs, black coffee
    Lunch (1pm): Restaurant meal - Caesar salad and naan bread chicken sandwich (ugh shouldn't have done this)
    Snack (3pm): Sun Chips (like a thin wheat cracker), black coffee
    Dinner (8pm): Chicken wings and too much beer
    Evening Snack (10pm) - No food, but more beer

What an embarrassing day of carb intake, although per my Libre I tolerated it better than expected. Anyway no sense pretending it didn't happen, getting back on the straight and narrow today.

On the bright side, walked 7.11km to bring my year-to-date total to 612.98km

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. Annb

Breakfast: 2 rashers streaky bacon and 3 pullets eggs (small but delicious).

Lunch (unintended but BG dropped v low): 1 avocado chopped up with some crumbled potato crisps.

Dinner: trout with rhubarb. I asked Neil to get me some trout in today's shopping and expected it to be whole fish that he brought home. I had intended to stuff the trout with rhubarb but what I have is a fillet from what must have been a pretty large trout - I thought it was salmon - I'll just have to cook it on top of the rhubarb instead. It's an experiment, of course, so I'm not sure how it will work out. Should be edible anyway.

• Like Like x 4
  10. Rachox

Rachox Type 2 (in remission!) · Moderator
    Staff Member

Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries washed down with a black coffee.
    Late morning: black coffee and Fibre One caramel protein bar.
    Skipped lunch.
    Mid afternoon: black coffee and chocolate chia pudding.
    Dinner: liver and bacon with French beans and carrots followed by SF raspberry jelly, cream and LC chocolate and raspberry granola.

• Like Like x 4
  11. MrsA2

MrsA2 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

11:30 4 rashers bacon, 1 hard boiled egg
    5:30 2 sausages, broccoli, green beans, 4 cherry tomatoes and a sauce thing made by mixing the end of the coleslaw with the end of some tatziki. 25g Guylian dark with raspberries.
    7:00 some ff greel with one brazil and 2 strawberries

• Like Like x 5
  12. Annb

The rhubarb was very sour so I added some raspberries to it and it went very well with the trout. It made a very nice meal. In fact, what I did was bake it with the rhubarb on top. Worth doing again.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. Riva_Roxaban

Riva_Roxaban Type 2 · Well-Known Member

The usual bacon and cheese omelette, mushrooms and tomato for breakfast.
    Lunch was a couple of cold meat and salad low carb wraps.
    Corned brisket and veggies,

Got a text message from the base hospital yesterday to say I have an appointment next Wednesday, to see the surgical team about the biopsy results of the polyps they took a sample off. Deciding what Plan A will be...

I will be nice and tired fronting up, as I go to Brisbane on Monday to the RBH to see a vascular team re my leg infection, and then come back Tuesday night, train gets in at 10:30 pm if it's on time.:bigtears:

• Like Like x 2
    • Hug Hug x 2
  14. Annb

Breakfast: 3 rashers streaky bacon and 3 pullets eggs.

Lunch will be Co-op "Irresistible" pork sausages - 3.6 g carbs per serving (2 sausages). Not sure if that will be all the food for the rest of the day. Currently very hungry, so maybe not.

• Like Like x 4
  15. valuator

Yesterday (May 17th)

Breakfast (8am): 2 McDonald's sausage & egg McMuffins (no buns), black coffee
    Lunch (1pm): Homemade cheeseburger (no bun), tomato salad, coleslaw
    Snack (3pm): Nothing to eat, black coffee
    Dinner (8pm): Grilled sirloin steak with pesto
    Evening Snack (10pm) - No food, but a beer

Walked 5.17km to bring YTD total to 618.15km

• Like Like x 3
  16. PenguinMum

PenguinMum Type 2 · Expert

Hi All
    Back to pick up last Sunday.
    Brunch of bacon and eggs cooked by Mr ZpM.
    Supper was Peking Duck with green veg and two tsp. sauce.

Monday usual brekkie of slice HiLo toast, butter and lots of tea.
    Lunch was tiny bit of quiche, without crusts, side salad & spoon of coleslaw.
    Supper was chicken, chorizo, red pepper, paprika and cauli rice .

today same brekkie.
    Lunch was ham salad with spoon coleslaw.
    Supper tonight is roast chicken breast and roast Med veg.

• Like Like x 4
  17. Rachox

Rachox Type 2 (in remission!) · Moderator
    Staff Member

Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries washed down with a black coffee.
    Late morning: black coffee and Fibre One caramel protein bar.
    Skipped lunch.
    Mid afternoon: black coffee and coffee chia pudding.
    Dinner: gammon steak with roasted Mediterranean veggies followed by SF strawberry jelly, cream and LC chocolate and raspberry granola.

• Like Like x 4
  18. Riva_Roxaban

Riva_Roxaban Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Bacon, cheese and mushroom omelette, leftover veggies.
    Chicken wings with a chilli dip.
    Savoury liver and bacon and onions, green veggies.

• Like Like x 4
  19. MrsA2

MrsA2 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

B: one cold sausage and one hardboiled egg
    11:30 a coffee ( very rare event for me) and 1 bite hubbys coffee cake.
    We are away and sheltering from rain showers in a succession of cafes. Wearing a libre to test all the food I wouldn't usually have.
    15:30 mint tea and a cheese scone which I smothered in butter hoping to slow any rise (straight up to 10.7 so that will be my last )
    18:30 fish ready meal from lidl. 12g carbs served with broccoli. Double cream with strawberries and one brazil and 15g 100% choc. Bg not too bad at 7.8

• Like Like x 4
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  20. annabell1

annabell1 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Hi I've not posted for a quite awhile so trying to start doing that again.

Today I decided to cut my diamcron from 60mr to 30mr have still been doing low carb but was maybe eating more carbs than I should so trying to get my carbs lower again.

Breakfast 2 eggs scrambled with FF milk cooked in home-made ghee and a 3 cherry tomatoes and a half of a blueberry pancake that was a packet mix that uses oat flour! carbs are high per seve but I only had half of one so approximately 15g carbs at breakfast pancake and tomato and two mugs of black coffee.

BSL was 6.9mmol/L 2 hours later tested was 6.4 and 3 hours 5.8

A/tea 2 mugs of black tea and a quest chocolate chip cookie 4g of carbs

Dinner planning to bake a small peice of roast lamb with some baked cauliflower and Brussels sprouts and see what else maybe sitting in my vegetables draw. And might make some gravey. So approximately 15g to 20g of carbs.

• Like Like x 4
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook