What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hope all your medical interventions went well and you are mow home and resting.
The procedure went well last week, I get to hear the results from the polyp biopsies from the surgical team on Wednesday 26th. A bit concerned about what the prognosis is on these, the initial report they give me does not fill me with a lot of enthusiasm though.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries washed down with a black coffee.
Late morning: black coffee and Fibre One caramel protein bar.
Skipped lunch.
Mid afternoon: black coffee and chocolate chia pudding.
Dinner: chilli con carne with cauliflower rice followed by SF strawberry jelly, cream and LC chocolate and raspberry granola.

julie56

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Angry people and liver!
B: a nut bar, in the car on way to a break away, yay! Freedom.
L: 2 drumsticks with green salad. 25g Godiva 72% with raspberries, to die for about 7g carbs
D: 2 drumsticks, one hard boiled egg 20g cheese and salad bits. 25g godiva with raspberries. 1 glass malbec
What is godiva if you don't me asking, I am intrigued!

julie56

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Angry people and liver!
Breakfast: mixed berries and ff greek yoghurt. 1 slice toast.
Lunch: Roast beef sandwich made with LivLife bread (first time I have ever seen it in this area) less than 4 carbs per slice!
Dinner: Crustless quiche with salad, followed by a few strawberries and cream

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
b:ff greek with seeds and 4 strawberries. 2 scrambled eggs
Snack1: 1 scoop ice-cream
Snack 2: packet pork crunchies
D: steak with peppercorn butter and green salad. 1 large glass malbec and 25g Guylian dark raspberry chocolate.
Libre has been remarkably flat, even the ice cream only went to 8. Result!

julie56

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Angry people and liver!
Godiva is a brand of chocolate...BUT I read the label wrong and this chocolate is by Guylian, still tastes good though!
Thanks for replying, I have heard of Guylian - will look out for it:happy:

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Can I pick the collective brains on this subforum pls? I’ve finally got around to cooking the Keto Crusted omelette, planned for dinner tonight. I have mozzarella and seriously strong cheddar in the fridge, which would be best or could I do half and half as I do for a normal omelette?

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I have mozzarella and seriously strong cheddar in the fridge, which would be best or could I do half and half as I do for a normal omelette?
Half and half would work just fine, but my personal taste says choose the cheddar!

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Made some frozen raspberries with greek yoghurt for breakfast.
BG came down to a reasonable level after that but then kept on dropping and remained about 4.8 for quite a while - for me that's very low.
Lunch: sausage stew with the fairly tasteless and tough skinned sausages that Neil bought for me so I put them in with some cavolo nero, butternut squash, carrots and onions and some chicken stock. The stew was delicious but the sausages still a bit on the tasteless side. BG still not up very much (5.2).
I think I'll have to have something else today. I noticed someone made a kind of pancake with a base of mince some time ago but I can't find it on the forum. Might have a go at that and roll something up in it.

Reactions: maglil55

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
BG came down to a reasonable level after that but then kept on dropping and remained about 4.8 for quite a while - for me that's very low.
Great numbers, but pretty close to going too low. Don't forget to keep some hypo treatments on hand wherever you go, you don't want to have to navigate stairs or such when having a hypo!

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Half and half would work just fine, but my personal taste says choose the cheddar!
Ok I think I’ll go for cheddar then!
Edit to add, actually I think I’ll use cheddar for the crispy outside and mozzarella in the middle :hungry:

Last edited:
Reactions: Annb

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Early exercise class then a coffee and dog walk with a friend ( yay!)
L: prawns, cheese, green salad but spike caused by a 'flavoured water" drink. Labelled as 5g carbs per 100ml I probably had 10g but it sent me up to 10. Didn't taste very nice either.
D: probably going to be cheeses as raided an expensive farm shop yesterday for local specialities. Finishing off the malbec with a half a glass

Reactions: maglil55

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hey Ann nothing worse than tough skinned sausages BUT it shouldnt be too difficult to squeeze them out of their casing and roll into meatballs of whatever size and add to the dish.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries washed down with a black coffee.
Skipped lunch.
Mid afternoon: black coffee and coffee chia pudding.
Dinner: Diet Dr crusty cheese omelette filled with mozzarella, mushrooms, cherry tomatoes, onion and sweet peppers (thanks for the suggestion of using just cheddar @Antje77 , I don’t think the mozzarella would have ended up quite so crispy) followed by SF orange jelly, cream and LC chocolate and ginger granola ( new creation! I had yearned for something chocolate and ginger flavour since hubby bought me a dark chocolate and ginger Easter Egg :hungry:).

Edit to add the mushrooms which I had forgotten!

Last edited:
Reactions: maglil55 and Annb

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
FBG was not as high as usual this morning so I decided to make an early breakfast and do without the correction dose. We'll see, as the day goes on, what effect that has.

For breakfast I made a sort of wrap with some beef mince and eggs poured over it - I saw something like it on this forum some time ago but couldn't find it when I looked back. It was fine anyway, filled with some brie and tomato relish. I'll do that again.

Later I will have the remainder of the sausage stew.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Skipped lunch.
Mid afternoon: black coffee and chocolate chia pudding.
Dinner: chicken drumsticks, brie, leafy salad and coleslaw followed by orange SF jelly, cream and LC chocolate and ginger granola.

Reactions: maglil55 and Annb