What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Late breakfast today - bad night and slept in; actually in my bed and not the kitchen chair for a change.
9.30 breakfast: usual bacon and eggs. Not quite usual because Neil had bought back bacon instead of streaky but it did a turn.

2nd meal: just finished a bowl of veg soup with an egg poached in it. Shouldn't have bothered, it didn't add anything to the taste or texture. I wrote in my food diary that I was taking insulin, but then, I couldn't remember if I actually did take it so didn't take any more, just in case. No doubt I'll find out in a while (if my BG rises more than I expect).

Probably shan't have anything else today, but I will have to cut some thin slices from the pork that I bought ready for experimenting tomorrow morning. First, I'll put it into the freezer for a short time to make the flesh firmer and easier to slice.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Tuesday bed 6.9 FBG 5.8

No boys today but was roped into taking son to Tesco then later, a drive around the many playparks hunting younger grandchild. He'd been permitted a bit more freedom but broke the rules. Additional freedom now rescinded! There's a lot of parks but I can cover them pretty quickly.

B. TAG and 2 slices of SLC toast - one with egg mayo, one with coronation chicken.
L. Nothing
D. Air fried chicken wings with remains of coronation chicken, prawns (had to be used), and sour cream dip.

Reactions: Mrs T 123 and DJC3

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Tuesday bed 6.9 FBG 5.8

No boys today but was roped into taking son to Tesco then later, a drive around the many playparks hunting younger grandchild. He'd been permitted a bit more freedom but broke the rules. Additional freedom now rescinded! There's a lot of parks but I can cover them pretty quickly.

B. TAG and 2 slices of SLC toast - one with egg mayo, one with coronation chicken.
L. Nothing
D. Air fried chicken wings with remains of coronation chicken, prawns (had to be used), and sour cream dip.

That must have been terrifying until you found him.

I went to get out my electric slicer to slice the meat pretty thinly but, although I have all the bits that go with it, I can't find the actual slicer. I have no idea where I've put it. I don't really want to use a knife - it's much more difficult to get raw meat very thin even with a sharp knife but I can't think of anywhere else to look for it. It will probably end up like thin steaks rather than rashers, which is what I'm aiming for.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Lots better today, but have lost my sense of smell and my taste has gone weird :( So I could have been eating cardboard today! Low carb cardboard of course :joyful:
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries washed down with a black coffee.
Late morning: black coffee and Atkins bar.
Skipped lunch.
Mid afternoon: black coffee and Fibre One caramel protein bar.
Dinner: roast chicken with cauliflower, broccoli and Brussels followed by SF rhubarb jelly, cream and LC chocolate and ginger granola.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
So yesterday had rollitos & spoon of coleslaw for lunch. Supper was chilli so I had a small serving in a cereal bowl with cauli rice.
Today almost empty fridge, C&C tomorrow, so had a hardboiled egg and a prawn cocktail combo. Supper was out and had dressed crab with a nice salad.
Brekkie as always a slice of HiLo toast and copious tea.
@Rachox good to hear you feel better despite the eating of cardboard diet!

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I somehow completely forgot I didn't have a plan for my evening meal and only found out when it was close to dinner time.
Had a satisfying meal nonetheless: 2 egg cheesy crust omelette (too lazy to grate cheese, as you can see, but worked out fine with thin slices of cheese as well :)) filled with the last of the snow peas cooked together with small cucumber cubes (remarkably good, cooked cucumber, will use more often!) and some more of the marinated pork belly pieces and onions. Didn't burn them today even though I used the frying pan again:D.

217112602_10223898103754825_1902968172303859920_n.jpg

zzcanasta

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
B: stopped having breakfast ages ago. Couldn't face it now. Had cup of Earl Grey and glass of sparkling water with slice of lemon. Then mowed the lawn.
L: Small bowl of full-fat Greek yoghurt (Lidl's finest) with blueberries, raspberries, strawberries, walnuts and linseed mix. One small slice of Mrs C's sourdough toast (I know, I know...but it was pre-frozen and toasted) with butter and Marmite. Small cup of coffee. Then dusted, hoovered and mopped the house from top to bottom (Mrs C and number 2 son are back tomorrow after a 4-day jolly in London)
D: Remains of last night's tarka dhal with 5/6 pcs of Tesco chicken tikka added and rocket salad. Another small coffee.
S: No
Hello again, Brunneria and the rest. Good to be back.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Breakfast today was a toasted SLC roll topped with smoked cheese and scrambled eggs
Lunch- tuna salad with sunflower seeds and avocado. Finished with a 1g carb cupcake, fresh cream and blueberries.
Dinner at local pub was slow roast pork belly ( nice crackling but inside fat not rendered enough for my taste) and broccoli. A ton of mashed spuds which I left - not even tempted amazingly. Had a couple of glasses house red with it. Another of the cupcakes with tea when I got in.
@Rachox good news ( apart from the sense of smell and odd taste)

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Tmad today
1. A 90 second roll made with just linseeds, but threw in a bit of crumbled feta too. Extra feta on the side with 2 cherry toms and 3 slices pork polish sausage. A tablespoon ff greek with fish picked raspberries (only 6). Cwc
2 a starter of watermelon and feta salad on lettuce. Nice but so sweet. Was trying to recreate soemthing i saw on a menu but this wasn't it. 2 chicken thighs roasted with home grown courgettes and a bit of tomato. Ff greek with chopped mint 100% chocolate

elleyouer

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
B. 2 fried eggs, 1 hot dog, 2 grilled cherry tomatoes, fried mushrooms, dessert spoon of ketchup and a coffee.
L. Chicken breast coated in egg then rolled in blitzed pork scratchings and walnuts then roasted, a concoction of fried onion, tinned tomatoes, tomato purée, garlic and a chicken oxo ( truly amazing)
D. Same as above but half the amount.
Blood before food 5.8…..2 hrs later 5.8

garyclark82

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yesterday:
Breakfast - three egg omelette with the last of the cream cheese
Lunch - Rainbow salad, homemade quiche lorraine, leftover cauli cheese, coleslaw, pork, pickles. Dessert some yoghurt and a Grenade Killa Peanut Nutter ice cream bar
Dinner: Butchers sausages plus a hearty portion of cauliflower cheese

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Didn't find my electric meat slicer so I had to use a knife which meant that the slices were somewhat thicker than I had intended. I salted a couple of slices of the belly pork overnight, to make it taste a bit more like bacon. So that and a couple of fried eggs was breakfast. Just had it and am hoping that having taken a decent dose of insulin, my BG will come down. I did take a correction dose earlier, but it didn't have any effect.

2nd meal will be oxtail stew, which is ready to go and is smelling delicious.

Today's task is clearing out and sorting out all my cupboards, or as many as I can manage, to see if I can find that darned meat slicer.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
A lot of coffee this morning but no food until 1ish then I had a SLC roll made into 2 open sandwiches topped with tinned salmon, avocado and red pepper. Choc chia pud to follow.
Dinner was https://www.dietdoctor.com/recipes/keto-crack-chicken/servings/4 a typical DietDoctor recipe - rich, creamy and cheesy but I’ve been having a lot of lean protein recently so this made a nice change. Wilted spinach on the side ( NB if anyone tries this, don’t use their IP version of the recipe - there isn’t enough liquid to prevent the dreaded Burn error).
There will be a few 100% chocolate buttons with cups of tea later on.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Usual bacon, cheese omelette, tomatoes for breakfast.
Homemade fish cakes (Big tin of generic brand of salmon, mashed lower carb potatoes)
Chicken breasts chests, green veggies, gravy.
I hope we get these lower carb potatoes imported as part of the trade deal! I remember @Tipetoo used to use them as well ( and banana prawns).

Anyone know what happened to @ Tipetoo?

garyclark82

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Breakfast today was butchers sausages and a cheese omelette
Lunch was a tin of tuna, rainbow salad, cheese coleslaw, some cheddar, pickles and the normal stuff. Dessert was yoghurt and a Grenade Killa ice cream.
Dinner was a mixed shish kebab (lots of salad, no pita) because Thursday is a busy day with step-son having badminton.

I expect to be a bit bad tomorrow as it is my birthday, but I will be trying to behave myself as best I can.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Feeling generally very much better today, still getting fatigued really easily though and taste and smell still not right at all :(
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries washed down with a black coffee.
Late morning: black coffee and Atkins bar.
Skipped lunch.
Mid afternoon: black coffee and DGF cake (the rest are going in the freezer as it seems a waste not to be tasting them properly.
Dinner: crispy cardboard…. I mean crispy cheese omelette :joyful: with cherry tomatoes followed by SF cherry jelly, cream and LC vanilla and raspberry granola.

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Trying to mix my meal times up a bit to see if it restarts weight loss a a bit, especially as I can exercise again after 8 weeks off injured so
9am 1 tablespoon ff greek yoghurt and 1 tablespoon milled seeds
Gentle exercise class
CWC
Gardening
3pm smoked mackerel pate on m&s seedy crackers (anyone else found and tried these yet?), with cucumber and 2 cherry tomatoes, half an avocado, some smoked salmon trimmings
Dancing
7:30 smoked salmon trimmings with cream cheese, 20g feta. Lc rhubarb cake with double cream

Reactions: maglil55 and Annb

zzcanasta

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
B: Earl Grey tea, as usual
L: Small bowl ff Greek yoghurt with strawberries, walnuts and linseed mix. Cup of coffee
D: Roast chicken and salad.
Snack: normally, I don't, but today I did have two (items, not packets) of Lidl's (very small) Coconut & Goji protein balls, as shown below. I've found these useful to stave off hunger pangs (though not as useful as a hard-boiled egg)

Attachments

• Lidl protein balls.jpg
    Lidl protein balls.jpg
    256.9 KB · Views: 76