What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Reactions: DJC3

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries washed down with a black coffee.
Late morning: black coffee and an Atkins bar.
Skipped lunch.
Mid afternoon: Fibre One caramel bar.
Dinner: Balti chicken curry and cauliflower rice followed by Oppo chocolate ice cream and LC chocolate and raspberry granola.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Ooh they look good! Have you tried their other flavours?

Yes I get the mixed box. They are all very good - the chilli one does pack a punch though! They were on Dragon’s Den apparently.

I still haven’t found those M&S crackers you flagged up, but I’m up in London for a couple of days this week so I’m hoping to find some then.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Coffee all morning
Lunch: red pepper stuffed with the tuna muffin mix ( but using Greek yoghurt instead of the sour cream) . @Antje77 that is inspired! A great combo. Handful of 100% choc buttons. I now have them in a little pot with a lid to stop Dennis getting at them.
Dinner- a substantial sirloin steak, fried mushrooms, Halloumi and salad. Choc chia pud afterwards.

Reactions: Annb and maglil55

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Had two molars extracted this afternoon, a rather violent affair, taking over half an hour, as the roots and bits and pieces from the second one didn't want to leave me.
I expected my dentist visit to be only for having a look and them telling me I'd need to make an appointment for the extraction, but apparently I had described the issue well enough over the phone to have the extraction planned in right away :wideyed:.

Happy with that, better to get it over with, but my planned second cob of corn didn't seem a very good idea.
I did buy a can of soup on the way back to be sure of something to eat. Not very high carb at 7 gr per 100, but still enough to make diabetes a hassle when eaten in quantities sufficient for a main meal.
Thankfully it turned out my dentist had been so generous with the local anaesthetics I haven't felt a thing until 4 hours after the deed, giving me the chance to boil some broccoli nicely soft and add some extra cheese and an egg to yesterday's tuna batter and put it all in a casserole :)

No need to cook (only put in the oven), no need to chew!
And enough leftovers for tomorrow, in case tomorrow will be a day of couch and feeling sorry for myself because of the sore mouth. :happy:

220967250_10223931906399870_2526739987003775739_n.jpg

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B: ff greek with 2 large strawberries and milled seeds
L: 2 chicken drumsticks and the good 3/4 of an avocado. 1 mini choc almond icecream (11g carbs)
D: 2 sausages roasted with aubergine, onion and tomatoes. Served with a dollop of tzatsiki. Very yummy. 1 mini milk ice cream (4 g carbs)
Boy its hot, but did manage to go dancing and then have a massage as my body is complaining now its being used again after 8 weeks off injured. Felt sorry for the masseuse who had another 3 clients after me. She must have melted.

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Leftovers and veggies reheated for breakfast.
Toasted cheese and onion low carb sandwiches, cuppa hearty beef soup for lunch.
Pork loin chops, green veggies and gravy for dinner.

Going to pull a couple of bacon hocks out of the freezer to thaw out, got the split green peas ready to start soaking to soften.

Be glad when winter buggers of, I'm feeling the cold something fierce this year. winds coming up from the south west straight off of the desert.

garyclark82

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hemp heart overnight oats with some white chocolate boost balls a bit after for breakfast (forgot to take my Metformin with food, hence the balls)
Ham and cheese salad with all the assorted pickled items (onions, gherkins, egg) etc for lunch with a mochi ball and some yoghurt and strawberries for dessert
Dinner was chicken burgers (without buns), salad, some sweet potato "fries" (more like oven chips but made from fresh by my loving partner), a couple of hard boiled eggs and then a Grenade Killa bar for dessert a few hours after.

Reactions: maglil55 and Annb

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Brunch - 2 boiled eggs mashed up in a cup with butter. Mug of earl grey tea

Dinner - slc hot dog roll filled with 2 bratwurst sausages & grated cheese on top also had a bratwurst sausage on its own. Finally managed to get the carb killas choc ices at my local Tesco @Rachox but unfortunately not able to really taste it as I have still not got my taste back from having COVID (grrrrh!). Sorry to hear you have had it too it's everywhere at the moment ...
Your taste will return. I only buy the white chocolate grenade Ice cream bars as I loath peanut butter. I didn't really like white chocolate either but I got used to it with the ice cream bars. Thing is there are loads of flavours. I don't know why Tesco don't stock more of them.

Reactions: Mrs T 123 and Annb

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Catch up again. Wednesday 14 July - bed 6.1 FBG 6. @Annb - I was more annoyed with the younger one than worried. He was with other boys we know so it was just a case of which park? He's got very disobedient & cheeky lately and what is "allowed" as discipline these days just don't work. Only thing I've found that makes a difference when he's like this is to totally ignore him. He doesn't like that.
B. TAG and 2 slices of SLC toast with coronation chicken.
L. Nothing.
D. Garlic chicken escalope with avocado, tomato, mozzarella, coleslaw. One of the Lidl mini dark chocolate raspberry bars.

Thursday 15 July - bed 6.4 FBG 6.

L. Nothing. Went to visit SIL with younger grandson (who is still trying to redeem himself).
Just 1 of them today. Eldest is out playing with friends.
D. SLC hot dog with usual mustard, ketchup, soft and crispy onion. Little coleslaw on the side.

Friday 16 July - bed 6.4 FBG 6.

L. Nothing - out shopping.
D. Courgetti carbonara. Oppo with strawberries.

@MrsA2 - hope your cat is doing better. I saw @DJC3's Dennis was home again but not found current status on your cat yet.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Playmates, I have a query, if you will.

Eons ago, there was a bit of a fad on here with Lidl Protein Noodles. At the time I bought some and froze them. Fast forward, probably too long a time, I dug them from the freezer and added to a stir fry. Excellent!

Needless to say, having enjoyed them, I fancies more, but our Lidl doesn't seem to have them anymore, or at least for now.

Does your Lidl stock these, or are they gone, gone, gone.

Typical of me. Timing is everything.
I wrote to them. I had hoped the disappearance was due to lockdown and a shortage of fish protein. Their reply was they "hoped" they may return at some point. No explanation why. Oomi noodles vanished from stockists as well. I've just resorted to courgetti now or Iceland's cauliflower rice.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Saturday bed 6.2 FBG 5.9. Watching boys tonight at their house as Mum & Dad are out. Son's band playing at an outside do where no doubt social distancing will be no existent. Can't blame them though. Thankfully it's not on late.
B. TAG and 2 slices of SLC toast with egg mayo.
L. Nothing.
D. Took mine with me for later. A salad of poached salmon, prawns, avocado, mozzarella, veggie salad, tomato and anchovies. Little bits of each.

Smallest grandson was in one of the "I'm not going to do anything you say moods". I managed to injure my hip trying to get him indoors. He's not in my good books at the moment!

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Sunday 18 July - bed 4.8 FBG 5 7 - Goodness knows how as my BP must have been through the roof after yesterday.
B. TAG and a slice of SLC toast with egg mayo.
L. Nothing
D. Rose veal escalope with a mushroom sauce, wilted spinach, and a mix of broccoli/cauli/peas/corn and kale. Oppo and strawberries.
Usual campari and soda earlier. Hip is still causing problems.

Reactions: Riva_Roxaban

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Tried another banana milk shake this morning about 7.30 - after a full dose of insulin to see if I could control the BG rise. That's not working. It was about 30g of carbs, of course so BG continued to rise and was up to 16.5 at one stage. No more carbs today.

Had an early lunch of bacon and eggs. BG started to come down and has continued to do so ever since. Currently at 5.1.

I will have to have another meal today. It will be the braised chicken leg and vegetable broth from yesterday. shouldn't be too problematic. But with me - who knows?

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Had two molars extracted this afternoon, a rather violent affair, taking over half an hour, as the roots and bits and pieces from the second one didn't want to leave me.
I expected my dentist visit to be only for having a look and them telling me I'd need to make an appointment for the extraction, but apparently I had described the issue well enough over the phone to have the extraction planned in right away :wideyed:.

I was trying to forget about dentists! Now I'm thinking about the trauma to come on Friday. I have to have 2 teeth removed. The last twice that I went to the dentist, I had to have teeth removed and each time it was traumatic for myself AND for the dentist. These 2 are front ones but should be OK, one is very wobbly already and the other is not likely to cause too much trouble - it is sporting an abscess at present and is fairly wobbly as well. Just as well we are wearing masks at present - I wouldn't want to be seen in public with 2 of my front teeth missing!

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I wrote to them. I had hoped the disappearance was due to lockdown and a shortage of fish protein. Their reply was they "hoped" they may return at some point. No explanation why. Oomi noodles vanished from stockists as well. I've just resorted to courgetti now or Iceland's cauliflower rice.

Thanks for commenting, Maglil. I found another package in the depths, so will choose carefully when I bring it out.

I tested them when MrB was away, but I think he would find them very acceptable too. Maybe with a rendang.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries washed down with a black coffee.
Late morning: black coffee and Atkins bar.
Skipped lunch.
Mid afternoon: black coffee and fibre one caramel protein bar
Dinner: crispy cheese omelette with more cheese, mushrooms and cherry tomatoes followed by Greek yoghurt with LC chocolate and ginger granola. I’ve given up SF jellies for now as I can’t taste them (covid has affected my taste and smell) the texture is really horrible without any flavour :hungover:

garyclark82

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Had Be Good To Yourself sausages and omelette for breakfast (haven't had chance to get to butcher this week)
Lunch was ham and cheese salad with the various pickled accompaniments followed up with a Grenade Killa Icecream and some yoghurt with raspberries and blackberries
Dinner was a mixed shish kebab with a treat of a pitta bread as it was step-son's leaving primary school do so all a bit of a rush.

Reactions: maglil55

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Sliced the leftover half of yesterdays broccoli and tuna melt casserole to reheat in the oven without burning the edges before the middle had warmed.
Added a slice of cheese on each piece, and seeing as the sore mouth is doing better (on paracetamol, ibuprofen and a very easy day on the couch, leaving all chores for tomorrow), thought I could risk some jalapenos on top. Yum! :hungry:

220719816_10223937631622997_8674865335036619772_n.jpg

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@MrsA2 - hope your cat is doing better. I saw @DJC3's Dennis was home again but not found current status on your cat yet.
Thank you for asking @maglil55 . He's much better. The wound where vet drained his abscess has healed nicely and he's getting used to oral medication twice a day. We've allowed him out so he's much happier, although his lazy sister would still prefer to use an inside litter tray... in fact she runs in from outside to use it!

Reactions: maglil55