What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Met friends for a picnic lunch at a NT property today. Was so nice not to have to book in advance. Real chatty catch up as been year since we last met up.
Chicken drumsticks, smoked mackerel pate with M&S seedy crackers, olives and assorted berries from the garden. Tried taking chilled coffee in a thermos as a drink but it was too creamy and the cream had solidified.

Hubby cooked dinner tonight following an online cook along so salmon with crispy skin and a side of peppers cooked with onions and tomatoes
. There was a bit of honey in the recipe but thought it better to let him follow it exactly. Followed with ff greek and more berries.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@MrsA2 - son's cats are like that too (4 of them). They are outside mostly but all of them come in to use the litter!
Monday bed 5.6 FBG 4.7 and it dropped to 3.7 late morning. No idea why.

B. TAG and 2 slices of SLC toast with egg mayo.
L. Nothing - my libre sensor stopped working so I made a trip to ASDA's pharmacy to get another. It will be replaced but it takes a few days.
D. I still had veal so more Rose veal, more mushroom sauce, one of the broccoli/cauliflower souffle things, wilted spinach. Oppo and a few strawberries.

I made a few additions to my CMT today - Almond flour muffins, keto chocolate chip cookies, keto carrot cup cakes and a recipe I found in delicious which I've adapted for sticky buffalo chicken wings with a blue cheese sauce.

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Usual bacon and cheese omelette, tomatoes for breakfast.
Small tin of baked beans on low carb toasted bread, cuppa soup for lunch.
Rib steak and veggies, and gravy for dinner.

Ho Hum! Brisbane has won the right to the 2032 Olympics, that's all we are going to get on the tv / radio etc. all the benefits for the state / country / wannabee olympic champions with imaginary medals, that's if they don't get busted for snorting cocaine like one has just got barred from competing this year. HoHum oh wait! I have already said that... :meh::meh::meh:

Reactions: maglil55 and DJC3

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi All
So back to Tuesday. Topped up the fridge in the morning with M&S 3 for £7 low carb delights for lunches. Got rollitos, salt & pepper calamari, goats cheese stuffed mini peppers, feta & mixed olives, half cooked chicken, sliced ham. What a great range it is! lunch variously Tues and Wed and today will be selection from above with cherry toms and cucumber. Tues afternoon had the last eye injection in this course so feeling and looking like I have had a bust up in a dark alley! Supper Tues night was tom & basil omelette, last night was stirfried chicken, diced chorizo and red pepper with teasp smoky paprika and cauli rice. Tonight its Fish Finger Firsday!
I wish my BG levels were better as I’m longing for ice cream (Oppo choc in fridge or could make yog & berry version but just holding back).

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries washed down with a black coffee.
Late morning: black coffee and Atkins bar.
Skipped lunch.
Mid afternoon: black coffee and Fibre One caramel protein bar.
Dinner went to M&S Simply food to find something to tickle my taste buds: cold coronation chicken, chilli prawns and Serrano ham crisps followed by Oppo choc and hazelnut ice cream with LC chocolate and raspberry granola.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
No breakfast as I was fasting for scan this morning - lots of coffee though.
Had a cappuccino afterwards - the first for a couple of years and BG shot up to 7.2 ( from 4.9!) no chocolate on it so I can’t think why it would have had such an effect. I’m wondering if it was to do with the contrast dye they injected ( I was wearing a Libre)
Lunch at Carluccios while waiting for the results appointment: Caprese salad to start then a fresh tuna Niçoise salad. No spuds or croutons. Sparkling water, more coffee.
Results all good yay!
Celebrating with Champagne and Nando’s ( 1/2 chicken, salad and Halloumi) a DGF cake and some Montezuma’s 100% a bit later.
Travelling back to Cornwall from London tomorrow. Not looking forward to the journey with all the holiday traffic.

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
so I can’t think why it would have had such an effect. I’m wondering if it was to do with the contrast dye they injected ( I was wearing a Libre)
When I had a CT scan done last month my bgls were up for a while, that was with two bottles of barium meal drink and also contrast dye.

Reactions: DJC3

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Steak and eggs for breakfast.
Small portion of some curry the Indian lady next to us bought around, left over from Eid celebrations it was ok as well not to hot for lunch.
Roast chicken and veggies from Red Rooster for dinner.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Tuesday bed 7.9 FBG 6.7. Odd day. Very humid and BGs going up and down into the 8's and back to 5's. Also was notified of another prize - another odd one @DJC3 - Black Sabbath 's Expanded Sabotage CD Set! Son finds it highly amusing.

B. TAG and 2 slices of SLC toast with coronation chicken .
L. Nothing
D. Had fishy stuff needing used so remains of prawns and the anchovies with veggie salad, mini mozzarella, santini tomatoes, avocado and a slice of SLC bread and butter.
Grenade ice cream bar.

Wednesday bed 6.9 FBG 7.9. Another humid day. I've been slowly working on the kitchen cupboards before Hubby gets any more things where they shouldn't be! Unbelievably, I am having to return to one I'd already done! My revenge will be a visit to a certain DIY place to get some more shelves for the larder cupboard.

B. TAG and 2 slices of SLC toast one with egg mayo one with coronation chicken.
L. Nothing
D. Hot dog again! With my usual mustard, ketchup, soft & crispy onion on my SLC roll. Grenade ice cream bar.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
When I had a CT scan done last month my bgls were up for a while, that was with two bottles of barium meal drink and also contrast dye.

Thanks, I do remember you mentioning it now. It’s Interesting, I might try another cappuccino in a day or 2 and see what happens.

Reactions: Antje77

garyclark82

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
One Be Good To Yourself sausage for breakfast... it was meant to be a plate of sausage and omelette but unfortunately I tipped it all over the floor. Had a protein ball and a Grenade Reload Blueberry muffin portion to make up for it.

Lunch was smoked ham, mixed salad with all the pickles, and some yoghurt with raspberries and blackberries

Dinner was ribeye steak, salad and some sweet potato fries (homemade)

Reactions: maglil55 and Annb

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Still trying to work out this BG thing. Managed to get a high FBG down by about 9 am after bacon and egg breakfast. But it kept on drifting back up through the afternoon and evening, despite insulin and chicken and veg soup for 2nd meal.

Today has started out the same way. At 4.00 am BG was 8.9 but by the time I woke up again at 6.00 (in the kitchen chair) it was 10.9. Had insulin and breakfast of bacon and egg. BG dropped to 8.5 again an hour and a half later but while I was in the shower the Libre sensor was beeping to tell me my glucose was high. Took a correction dose and it is down again to 6.8 now. It may go a bit out of control today because it is tooth-pulling day. We shall see. Anything I have later in the day will have to be soft or liquid. I don't have any more soup ready made so I might fall back on some kind of milk shake (not banana though). Strawberries are a bit lower in carbs, so might use a few of them.

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
5.30 pm: feeling is beginning to come back into my gums and they are a bit sore, but nothing compared to previous trips to the dentist. BG fell too far earlier and it resulted in a hypo, but of course, I couldn't take anything that required using my teeth. After hunting around I found a small carton of orange juice that I'd bought for Em and had that. That brought the level back up again pretty sharply.

A short time ago, I made a coconut and strawberry milk shake - a few fairly ripe strawberries and a can of coconut milk (not sure how many carbs in the strawberries but only 4g in the coconut milk). It tasted a bit thin and I wished I had used yoghurt instead. Maybe make another later using yoghurt.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Back home in Cornwall now, we left London at 6 am to beat the holiday traffic which turned out to be a good call. Rapturous greeting from Dennis.
Ate the remains of a pack of Montezumas 100% buttons on the journey. Lots of coffee.
Lunch was Nando’s chicken thighs saved from yesterday
Dinner was bacon collar joint cooked in IP. Buttered broccoli, a dollop of chilli sauerkraut. Made a choc chia pud for later.
@maglil55 congratulations on your latest comping win. It brightened my day considerably, imagining you head banging away to Black Sabbath.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries washed down with a black coffee.
Late morning: black coffee and Atkins bar.
Skipped lunch.
Mid afternoon: black coffee and Fibre One caramel protein bar.
Dinner: chicken satay sticks, seafood sticks, leafy salad and coleslaw followed by DGF lemon and ginger cake with cream.

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Have missed a couple of days due to sudden unexplained migraines. Luckily they were preceeded by vision disturbances so I could ) a stop driving and b) go lie down in the dark, ...in that order!

Today started with scrambled eggs mixed with some cold leftover salmon, then my first 2 hours hilly walk since my mid May injury, yay! Bit stiff in the leg now but not as hurting as I thought I would be (wait until tomorrow, eek!)

Lunch was chicken leg and 1 small flat peach...my first in 18 months

Dinner was bunless burger and a large glass of white wine.

Weather's changing, storms due, maybe that explains the migraines. I don't want another. Was cheered up by a clothes delivery.. all too big, so have gone down another size :angelic:

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Sausages and a cheese omelette, tomatoes and mushrooms for breakfast.
Chicken pie sans lid, half a fresh local mandarin for lunch
Fore quarter lamb chops, green veggies, gravy for dinner.

My old oximeter flat lined yesterday, it has been playing up for a while, weird SPo2 % and heart rates of below 40.

Picked up a upmarket model from Amazon Au, but it does not have all the bells and whistles that some have though.

garyclark82

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Stressful day yesterday for a number of reasons:

Breakfast - two sausages and omelette
Lunch - much later than normal, and only a tiny amount compared to normal. Leafy salad, pickled egg, smoked ham.
Dinner - went out for dinner at Cote; whitebait starter with a handful of calamari rings, sea bass with salad and a small amount of potatoes, dessert was half a Grenade Killa muffin bar

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi All
So yesterday topped up the fridge again so M&S calamari, spoon of coleslaw, 2 cherry toms and cucumber made a nice lunch. Supper was baked salmon with a splash of Kikkoman Teriyaki sauce and grated ginger and broccoli. Lunch today will be probs a bit of quiche without the crust and salad though I quite fancy scrambled eggs atm.
Supper tonight is a chicken curry already made.
Discovered a new gin, new to me anyway, Tanqueray Blackcurrant just the ticket with lots of soda and ice. It is a funny blueish colour but smells like Ribena :)
@garyclark82 sorry for the breakfast mishap how annoying was that. @Riva_Roxaban thanks for the tip about removing the pie lid which hadnt crossed my mind. In winter Mr PM enjoys a weekly Chicken & Ham pie made at our butchers which is full of meat. Hmmm.. @Annb hug for the dental extractions and hope you can find easy soft stuff to eat, soft scrambled eggs?

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Breakfast: a bit late because I took painkillers in the middle of the night and so dozed off again - cheese omelette. I made it with a crispy cheese base, which was a bit awkward to eat, but worth the effort. I now know why my grandmother always refused to use her false teeth unless she was going to meet someone special. But boy! her gums must have been hard to cope without. She was one of the generation who had all their teeth taken out (often given as a gift) to avoid tooth problems in later life.

I was going to make chicken skewers with some chicken thighs for 2nd meal. Might not bother with that. Chicken soup is probably the best option.