What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
B1: ff greek with seeds and one flat peach
Bg after 2 hours 7.9
B2 : chunk of cheese and the good 3/4 of an avocado
L: a nut bar
Afternoon preparing for visitors so too many tastes of things

D: various dips, kofta, peppers stuffed with tomatoes and anchovy,
Sugar free jellies with home grown summer fruit
Too much wine and laughter,but I refuse to regret any of it
One can never have too much wine and laughter

Reactions: DJC3

garyclark82

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yesterday: Sausage and Egg McMuffin with a cappucino for breakfast;
Rainbow salad, hard boiled eggs, tin of mackerel in tomato sauce, Grenade Killa bar and no added sugar jelly
Snack mid afternoon of a protein ball and a Babybel

Dinner of riced Sweet Potato (which was lovely), chicken thighs and some cauliflower cheese. Dessert of Grenade Killa icecream

Reactions: maglil55 and Annb

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi All
Yesterday Mr PM was determined to bbq enough mea t for two days but I had a back up plan of his favourite t/a which was what actually happened so I had Tandoori King Prawns and cauli Bhajee and 1 popadom. The bbq will happen this evening the only dry evening probs this week. So easy dinner two nights, only salad required.
Lunch yesterday for me was a bit of crustless quiche, my first cherry toms of the season from the garden with chopped cucumber.
@DJC3 I laughed at your description of the crumble, my food pics would not win any prizes but its all about the taste and the carbs oc!

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
My taste is virtually back to normal now after covid thank goodness so back to my usual foods.
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries washed down with a black coffee.
Late morning: black coffee and Atkins bar.
Skipped lunch.
Mid afternoon: black coffee and chocolate chia pudding.
Dinner: roast chicken, Brussels, carrots and green beans, one tiny roast potato and gravy made from meat juices thickened with flax followed by SF cherry jelly, cream and LC chocolate and raspberry granola.

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Went to bed with a bg of 6.5 which was surprising after an indulgent evening which included alcohol and chocolates

Waking was 6.9, so had a busy morning keeping occupied and active in the garden so skipped breakfast and didn't eat until 1:30

Leftover kofta, salad, pepper and dips. Leftover berry jelly and cream

D: grilled spicy chicken thighs with courgettes. Leftover berry jelly (all gone now). One very decent, expensive, dark chocolate violet cream.
given by a well meaning guest. Son has them under lock and key and is allowing me one a day

Reactions: maglil55 and DJC3

garyclark82

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Breakfast was sausages and omelette
Lunch was tuna salad with a pickled egg, a mini Babybel & edam, with some yoghurt and a Grenade Killa bar.
Dinner was "date night" so we went out for an Indian. I had lamb shashlik with mushroom bhaji, a small aubergine bhaji portion and half a paratha.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
One very decent, expensive, dark chocolate violet cream.
given by a well meaning guest. Son has them under lock and key and is allowing me one a day
I had no idea children were so useful! I don't have any and this made me start to doubt my decision. Any chance I could I rent your son?

Didnt want to go for groceries today, so I thought I'd manage with whatever I'd find in the kitchen. Would have been one of my stranger meals, as the only veg left was a very old onion, but then I realised that I didn't have any cat food anymore, no veggies for the guinea pigs breakfast and no nuts or pork scratchings for a midnight snack.
Please don't tell my pets it was that last part pushing me to the supermarket... :sorry:

Bought various foods and planned on cauliflower cheese and chorizo sausages for tonight, but on second thought decided I didn't feel like cooking today.
No problem, I'll have two slices of LC bread shortly, one with grated celeriac with mayo and one with an egg salad I just made. (Mainly eggs mashed with mayo and onion, with bacon strips on top, but in Dutch almost anything mixed with mayonnaise is called a salad, which sounds a lot more sensible than eggs mayo I think :hilarious:.)

I'll have a friend over for dinner and to help with the bunny pen tomorrow, so thinking of a cheesy oven dish with cauliflower, cheese, and vegetarian shawarma.
Suggestions or recipes welcome!

Last edited:

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Bacon, cheese and mushroom omelette tomatoes for breakfast.
Cuppa hearty beef soup, toasted low carb cheese and onion sandwich for lnch.
Pork ribs from the butcher just needed rehesating as they were already cooked when we got them fro a easy cooking dinner.

Here's a pix from his facebook.

217622086_1794555094065555_6736635182812477464_n.jpg

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B: mushroom omelette, chilli sauerkraut and cottage cheese.
L: slices of Turkey breast and salad of spinach, red pepper, olives, more chilli sauerkraut and pumpkin seeds. Choc chia pud
D: lamb rogan josh with a LoDough piece flash fried in butter so it was somewhere between a poppadom and a chapati. Couple of raspberries and a few 100% choc buttons.
IMG_1627335659.361149.jpg

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Breakfast: at 9.45 today because I have to go for a US scan of my liver and can't have anything other than fluids for 4 hours beforehand. Just have to hope that the car doesn't play up for this outing - we will be carrying a spare car battery, just in case. I had some leftover spiced chicken, coconut and vegetables with a fried egg on top.

I'll have to use up some more of the chicken later, so probably some more of it refried with some vegetables, or I might make it into some more soup.

@MrsA2 and @Antje77, I have a very useful child, as you will know by now, but at 54, he's not likely to be anyone's toy boy.

LoriF

Mushroom omelette and salad ......frustrated as this is my normal food and still can't get morning sugar down grrrrr. Dinner last night tuna steak boiked eggs green beans and salad. I dont deserve 11.3 this morning ☹

Reactions: maglil55

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries washed down with a black coffee.
Late morning: black coffee and birthday cake phd bar.
Skipped lunch.
Mid afternoon: black coffee and coffee chia pudding.
Dinner: cheesy scrambled egg (needed something soft after a nightmare visit to the dentist, six injections and four hours later I finally escaped the pain that kept me awake most of last night :wideyed:) followed by SF orange jelly, cream and LC chocolate and ginger granola.

Edit for typo

Last edited:

garyclark82

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Breakfast: Sausages and some yoghurt with pecan nuts in (ran out of eggs!)

Lunch: Tried making some keto mug bread which was okay, and had that with a semi-Ploughmans; chicken breast, edam, babybel, cucumber, tomatoes, coleslaw, pickled shallots - dessert was a white chocolate and raspberry keto ball

Dinner: Teriyaki style Pork steak with a salad, and a Grenade Carb Killa bar.

Snack during the day was a Coconut Macadamia protein ball

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
A chunk of cheese mid morning, then a 45 minute walk to a pub for a lunch of greek salad that was mostly tomatoes.
Dinner was frittata and salad, followed by a bag of pork scratchings and 2 hours after that a bowl of ff greek with nuts and chocolate and cream

Day itself was a roller coaster of frustration ( banks and IT) and pleasure (friends and pedicure)

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Meal 1: airfried chicken wings
Meal 2: chunk of chorizo and 2 small h/b eggs
Meal 3: h/m beef burger with a gloriously colourful salad of spinach, cherry toms, orange pepper, spiralized courgettes, olives, chilli sauerkraut, pumpkin seeds and a sprinkle of nutritional yeast. There were a few raspberries eaten at some point in the day and way too much 100% chocolate. I’m still trying to get through it to save any more accidents with Dennis.
@LoriF hugs for the morning high fbg, it’s so frustrating but your food looks good so I hope you’ll see results soon.

Reactions: maglil55 and Annb

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Sausages eggs tomato for breakfast.
Toasted cheese and ham low carb sandwiches for lunch.
Liver and bacon, green veggies for dinner.

Today is / was change my Fentanyl patch day, my crook leg was starting to give me some aches and pains. Must be a different sort of pain than what I get in my colon as that was ok. It did not not take long for the new patch to kick in.

Certainly beats paracetamol tablets. :D

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Late morning: black coffee and birthday cake phd bar.
Skipped lunch.
Mid afternoon: black coffee and coffee chia pudding.
Dinner: cheesy scrambled egg (needed something soft after a nightmare visit to the dentist, six injections and four hours later I finally escaped the pain that kept me awake most of last night :wideyed:) followed by SF orange jelly, cream and LC chocolate and ginger granola.

Edit for typo

Sorry to hear of your tooth pain - it must be one of the worst kind of pains and, on top of the pain, you can't eat, so you have tummy pain as well. Hope it can be dealt with soon and you feel better.