1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

What have you eaten today?

Discussion in 'Low-carb Diet Forum' started by Administrator, Apr 20, 2015.

1. maglil55

maglil55 Type 2 · Expert

Behind again! Monday 26 July bed 6.3 FBG 6.8.

B. TAG and 2 slices of SLC toast with ox tongue and coleslaw.
    L. Nothing.
    D. Leftover stroganoff from yesterday and celeriac chips. Whey Hey ice cream and raspberries.

Tuesday 27 July - unexpectedly had eldest grandson today and an early start to get DIL to work. Bed 7.4 FBG 7.

B. TAG and a slice of SLC toast with Dairylea.
    L. Slice of SLC toast with pate.
    D. Chinese kebabs with peppers, mushroom and onion. 1/2 avocado with tomatoes. Grenade Ice cream bar.

Wednesday 28 July bed bed 8.2 FBG 7.6 - no idea why.

B. TAG and 2 slices of SLC toast with ox tongue and Dairylea.
    L. Nothing
    D. SLC hot dog with 2 hot dog sausages (1 roll) ketchup, mustard, soft and crispy onions. Grenade Ice cream bar.

• Like Like x 3
  2. garyclark82

garyclark82 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Breakfast: Sausages and omelette washed down with an Actimel
    Lunch: Salad, babybel, chorizo, etc followed up by raspberries, strawberries and blackberries with yoghurt
    Dinner: Mixed shish kebab (no pita), salad and then a Grenade Killa bar after dog walking

• Like Like x 3
  3. MrsA2

MrsA2 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

11:00 am a very late ff greek with seedsand 2 strawberries
    Hilly dog walk just for an hour
    L: pub grilled haloumi and Mediterranean veg. Very small portion for money. 1 scoop ice-cream
    D: 2 97%meat sausages from Sainsburys. Courgettes and one grilled tomato. 4 strawberries and cream.1 glass red

• Like Like x 3
  4. maglil55

maglil55 Type 2 · Expert

I loved the occasional violet cream and they were a favourite of my Mum. My absolute favourite was the walnut creams though. Now they'd probably taste hideous.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  5. maglil55

maglil55 Type 2 · Expert

It takes time. Morning BGs are usually the last to drop. We're all different but I found having something first thing brought the rather annoying dawn readings down pretty quickly. It's your liver basically dumping sugar into your system to get you up and running.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. maglil55

maglil55 Type 2 · Expert

There's a few recipes kicking about on vegan sites.

This one has few ingredients and the author describes it as "fun".

https://www.culturesforhealth.com/learn/recipe/yogurt-recipes/homemade-soy-milk/

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. maglil55

maglil55 Type 2 · Expert

A bit like the cane toad then. Still, as least the rabbits aren't poisonous. My SIL said they had found cane toads as far south as the north of NSW.

• Informative Informative x 2
  8. maglil55

maglil55 Type 2 · Expert

Thursday bed 7.6 FBG 7.3

@DJC3 - oddly I like breakfast pancakes (the souffle ones on my CMT), monk fruit maple syrup and crispy smoked bacon. The bacon & pancakes I could do but I'm out of the monk fruit maple syrup currently.

B. TAG and 2 slices of SLC toast with ox tongue and Dairylea.
    L. Nothing
    D. I too had pork ribs @Riva-Roxaban from the butcher but mine were raw. Soaked them in a mix of bourbon, hot sauce and herbs. They were massive. 3 ribs and nothing else. I did have a mini bar of the Lidl dark raspberry later.

• Like Like x 4
  9. elleyouer

elleyouer Type 2 · Active Member

FBG 10.1. Hopefully the highest it will be this week while I’m climbing back on the waggon and eating better.

B. 2 coffees and olives stuffed with anchovies
    L. Small bag of chicken fridge raiders.
    D. Chicken & Prawn stirfry then strawberries and cream.
    Snacks. Monkey nuts, tea and coffee.

Bedtime reading 6.7.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. Mrs T 123

Mrs T 123 Type 2 (in remission!) · Well-Known Member

Brunch - 2 slices slc bread toasted and filled with ham, coleslaw & cheese. Mug of earl grey tea. Coconut & raspberry dgf slice

Dinner - Large mushroom & onion omlette. Peanut butter carb killa choc ice

@maglil55 can you remember roughly how long it takes for taste & smell to return to normal after COVID?

• Like Like x 3
  11. Antje77

Antje77 LADA · Moderator
    Staff Member

Now that's a new take on breakfast foods!
    Still, I love ansjovies stuffed olives, so not a bad idea at all! :hungry:

• Like Like x 1
  12. Riva_Roxaban

Riva_Roxaban Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Sausages eggs, and a half a small tin of baked beans for breakfast.
    Ham and salad roll, couple of chicken wings for lunch.
    Grilled sweetlip fillets, green veggies, chobani fit 15% yoghurt for dinner.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Riva_Roxaban

Riva_Roxaban Type 2 · Well-Known Member

I have seen cats and dogs die after playing with cane toads, the vets can't do a lot for the animal most times.

Any cane toad we see in the back yard gets a dose of salt on it, that kills them.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  14. DJC3

DJC3 Type 2 · Expert

Didn’t get a chance to post yesterday so a quick recap.
    B: keto pancakes ( egg, cottage cheese and a pinch of psyllium husk powder) with 1 bacon, 1 egg and fried mushrooms. I haven’t tried your soufflé pancakes @maglil55 , they look good. These ones are super quick and easy and I agree, very good with crispy bacon.
    L: M&S tapas style stuff while helping daughter move house. They have such a good range in their 3 for £7 offer now, I wish we had a store closer.
    D- got home much later than I like to eat so quicker thing was salad with everything in it. Sliced roast beef, h/b egg, avocado, olives, spinach, red pepper, chilli sauerkraut. And a spoonful of leftover h/m ranch dressing. Followed up with raspberries and cream
    Paul ordered Chinese but I wasn’t tempted in the slightest, it was all in that shiny grey sauce and looked quite unappetising to me.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Annb

Annb Type 2 · Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 1
  16. Annb

Annb Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Strangely, there was no reaction to the bread that I ate - except that it tasted like soggy cardboard. So I guess I am not intolerant to gluten after all, and whatever was causing a problem, it wasn't wheat or even yeast. It was rubbish bread; I knew that at the time. It was just something to make breadcrumbs with for Em's meal for her Mum and Dad (crumbed with a load of parsley and some Aleppo chili to sprinkle over her egg mayonnaise). BG bounced up and down a bit afterwards - odd.

Breakfast: bacon and egg.
    2nd meal: will be smoked haddock and some mushy green peas.

Neil is a bit irritated at present - he seems to have fixed the problem with the Scenic's battery, but he doesn't know how he did it!

Edited to add final paragraph

• Like Like x 3
  17. maglil55

maglil55 Type 2 · Expert

I was about 4 or 5 weeks. Taste came back first but nasal area still causes problems. Least hint of a cold and my sense of smell goes do-lally. It's the phantom smells that are the worst. I still smell Condor sliced pipe tobacco! (My Dad smoked it hence why I know the smell). Last night I had to have a hot shower and a coat of Vicks before I went to bed as it was bothering me again! I'm OK today though.

• Like Like x 1
    • Hug Hug x 1
  18. DJC3

DJC3 Type 2 · Expert

Breakfast was late and a very odd un-breakfasty thing / tin of salmon plus chilli sauerkraut in LoDough wrap. Not something I’ll rush to have again but it filled me up.
    Dinner was salad with everything which seems to be my favourite thing atm. 2 glasses of red to celebrate the weekend.
    @maglil55 Paul went into town again today and managed to pick up the last 2 of the wild shrimp things from Iceland!

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. Rachox

Rachox Type 2 (in remission!) · Moderator
    Staff Member

I lost my taste and smell with Covid, I tested positive on the 9th July after falling ill the day before. My taste and smell returned quite suddenly a couple of days ago.

Edited for typo

• Like Like x 3
    #45619 Rachox, Jul 31, 2021 at 8:26 PM
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2021
  20. Rachox

Rachox Type 2 (in remission!) · Moderator
    Staff Member

Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries washed down with a black coffee.
    Late morning: black coffee and carb killa Jaffa bar.
    Skipped lunch.
    Mid afternoon: black coffee and coffee chia pudding.
    Dinner Chinese takeaway: crispy duck, 3 small pancakes, a smidge of sauce and veggies followed by SF orange jelly, cream and LC chocolate and ginger granola.

• Like Like x 2
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook