What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
The lemon muffins sound good, is xylitol ok for cats? I know it’s poisonous for dogs. I don’t think You’ve made made your cheese scones for a while either, they always made my mouth water.
I dont think Xylitol is safe for cats but I just added one tabsp to the mix when appropriate then put it away and once they are baked cats are just not interested in any way. I guess dogs are more food motivated. Put 3 in freezer and had one each day since Thurs without any issues. Thanks for reminding me cheese scones on the “to do” list next week as have ground almonds approaching end date.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Wednesday 4 August - bed 7.6 FBG was also 7.6.

B. TAG and 2 slices of SLC toast with ox tongue and coleslaw. I needed it! This was brave Clarks day for foot measuring with grandsons and many other youngsters! Went a week earlier than usual so still busy but not quite as bad.
L. At the annual school shoe foot torture!
D. Buffalo chicken wings (the one on my CMT) but with sour cream/chives rather than blue cheese dip. Small side salad.
Another LC creme brulee - no raspberries this time.

Thursday 5 August - bed 7.1 FBG 7.2. Just one of the boys today - eldest who was very helpful. I also tried to teach him Suduko. Not sure gender do a whole grid but he did finish one of mine.

B. TAG and 2 slices of SLC toast with egg mayo.
L. Nothing
D. Minced lamb kebabs from M&S. Very tasty. Had them with shredded lettuce, tomato, coleslaw and thinly sliced 1/2 avocado. Made an adapted DD Naan by adding 5 seed mix to give me a kind of flat bread. A bit crumbly at the edges but perfectly fine.
The last of the creme brulee.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
PS. Just to add it has been lovely to have a “treat” allowed after the horrible spikes from Oppo ice cream last week. That went in bin and have one unopened pot for someone.

Reactions: DJC3

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Friday 6 August - bed 8 FBG 7.1. Muggy again which doesn't seem to help my BGs.
B. TAG and 2 slices of SLC toast 1 with coronation chicken - 1 with egg mayo. Decided to get out early after that and do my shopping. Unusually busy early on Friday.
L. Out shopping but on return son asked me to take him back to where I'd just been as the Guineas were in need of food, hay and pellets. On the journey the weather finally broke and the rain was so heavy we could hardly see. Rapid flooding and careful driving needed. Thankfully it didn't last too long.
D. Coronation chicken flatties (M&S again) with lettuce, tomato, apple/celery/walnut, coleslaw and a baby beet. Grenade Ice cream bar.

While out getting shopping this morning, I encountered the most offensive, vile specimen. He was illegally parked in the disabled space next to me (no badge) and as a boy racer type, tried to reverse from the space too quickly and almost collided with another vehicle. However, he decided it was my fault because I was loading my car and came out with a disgusting tirade I can't repeat on here. I calmly suggested he needed to watch his mouth particularly when children were nearby. This resulted in another vile tirade to which I replied it was obvious from his ignorant, uneducated response that he knew it was his fault and only his fault. His "girlfriend" who was closest, at least had the grace to look embarrassed and I asked her if she was proud to be associated with such a vocabulary, deficient lowlife? At that point I got applause from the other shoppers nearby and once again he reversed out with one more tirade as he left. When I told my husband later he said he admired my restraint.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
There was a lovely aroma coming from my kitchen. I decided to make these Low Carb Anzac biscuits. For the benefit of our fellow Aussie members, they are not as sweet as normal Anzac biscuits but that can be adjusted. I used Monk Fruit Golden Classic rather than Erythritol. They do crisp up as they cool (but still quite delicious slightly warm). Yes, I've had one already. One 2g of carbs.

ketohh.com/low-carb-anzac-biscuits/
20210807_163945.jpg

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@maglil55 I admire your restraint too! Those Anzac biscuits look good, only one so far? You have amazing willpower.
My day started with black coffee then a brunch of bacon and egg sandwich in SLC roll. This was intended to keep me full so I wouldn’t nibble on the batch of orange and pecan granola I was making. Didn’t work and I’ve probably eaten 2 or 3 portions already.
Dinner was hake with the chorizo crumb topping, green beans and roast med veg.
A glass of Sauvignon blank while cooking led to a couple more. Annoyed at myself!
@MrsA2 I can only suggest ‘help yourself’ style tapas/ buffet meals with large loaves of fancy bread for those that eat it. I sympathise with your wet dog walk. It took me 10 minutes to catch Dennis this morning to go out for his morning walk - he hates the rain.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Didn’t post yesterday as have been staying at a friend’s house, she wanted to treat me for my big birthday which is next Wednesday, she’s type 2 and eats low carb so no worries about taking food with me!

So yesterday:
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries washed down with a black coffee.
Late morning: black coffee and Atkins bar
Skipped lunch.
Mid afternoon: black coffee and Fibre One caramel protein bar.
Dinner at a Thai restaurant with the lovely name the Giggling Squid! Spiced chicken wings followed by masaman lamb curry with pak choi and tender stem broccoli followed by DGF choc brownie with creme fraiche.

Today:
Breakfast: Greek yoghurt with low carb granola and strawberries washed down with a black coffee
Mid morning: black coffee and an Atkins bar.
Lunch: tuna Mayo sandwiches made with low carb bread (from this company https://lowcarbfood.co/shop/low-carb-bread-sliced-loaf-400g/), the best low carb bread I’ve ever eaten, and it is seriously low carb!
Mid afternoon: black coffee and a Fibre One caramel protein bar.
Dinner Chinese take away back home: crispy duck, 3 small pancakes, a smidge of sauce and veggies followed by SF cherry jelly, cream and LC chocolate and raspberry granola.

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Sausages and eggs, small portion of baked beans for breakfast.
Chicken wings nuked in the microwave, spicy dipping sauce for lunch.
T bone steak, veggies and gravy, sugar free lime jelly, small spoonful of mango sorbet for dinner.

Reactions: Annb and maglil55

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Today Saturday bed 7.9 FBG 7.6. Still sitting a bit high but dropping during the day.

B. TAG and 2 slices of SLC toast one with coronation chicken, 1 with egg mayo.
L. 1 LC Anzac biscuit later on.
D. Mussels in white wine/cream/parsley with celeriac chips.

Much later @DLC3 I had a cup of black tea and another two of the Anzac biscuits. They have a certain addictive quality despite my initial thought that they needed to be sweeter - they don't. The rest are safely boxed up for another day.

Reactions: ziggy_w and Annb

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Much later @DLC3 I had a cup of black tea and another two of the Anzac biscuits. They have a certain addictive quality despite my initial thought that they needed to be sweeter - they don't. The rest are safely boxed up for another day.
When we make ANZAC's they are very hard to ration out, in my case "one's to many, the box full is not not enough".

We had neighbours years ago, nice people, but the woman could not cook very well.

One thing she could make well though was ANZAC biscuits they were absolutely the best I have ever tasted, even my partner say's that she cannot even get close to them when she makes them.

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
FBG 15.9! Had a drink of chilled coffee last thing last night. Must be that. Took a rather large correction dose and got it down to 7.9 before breakfast (around 11 am).

Breakfast: usual bacon and eggs.

Had to take some cubed lamb leg out of the freezer to make space for the soya margarine that DIL brought back from the mainland yesterday. So tonight will be more lamb - this time with a tomato sauce.

I used the long pepper that I had bought a few weeks ago in the braised lamb shank a couple of days ago. That's the first time I've used it - very aromatic but not very strong - unless you accidentally bite into it!

Em has come for a visit today and asked if we could make some cakes. Half way through the mixing she decided that she wasn't feeling too well and retired to the big chair with my tablet. So I finished them off and we'll see how she feels when it comes to decorating them. I managed to get a little of the mix on my fingers and licked it off. Tasted OK but it has had the usual effect of sugar on me - a horrible sugary taste in my throat which won't go away. It was only a tiny amount as well. Can you have a taste in your throat? I wouldn't have thought so, but I do seem to have.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi All
Yesterday was usual slice HiLo toast and lots of tea to start.
Scrambled eggs for lunch followed by LC lemon muffin and tea.
Indian t/a of Tandoori KP, cauli bhajee but hungry so gave in to two popadoms beforehand.
This morning same brekkie.
Lunch 2 scrambled eggs and two meaty not too big sausages.
Supper will be stirfried beef with ginger, chilli, garlic and strips of red pepper.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Had a trip out to M&S today as Paul needed new jeans, we got there as it opened so lots of yellow sticker reduced stuff in the food hall. Brunch today of Skyr yoghurt and the orange and pecan granola I made yesterday
Dinner was beef topside ( 4 minute beef in the IP) with cauli cheese, mashed swede and cabbage. 1/2 bottle red and strawberries and cream to follow. What a diet! Can’t be bad.

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yesterday morning I cooked a normal cake, lemon and courgette, and a normal Greek green herb pie (uses about 1.5 kg greens!) and some lc blackcurrant muffins

So lunch was a buffet selection centering on the pie (I had just 2 mouthfuls) with additional sausages, mini eggs, salads, olives etc.
Had the cake after a walk.

Dinner was an Indian takeaway centering on veggie dishes but with a couple of meat dishes, added plain chicken thighs.( Everyone chose at least 1 dish that met their requirements, but there was a nice lot of sharing and tasting), cherries, chocolates, cheese, Plenty of wine.

B today was sausage and bacon sandwiches (or toast)
L cold chicken, remains of the pie (tastes even better second day), cheeses, strawberries and cream

Somehow 7 of us have got through 4 packs of sausages, 3 of bacon, 1 entire large loaf, 2 lettuces, 3 bottles of wine, a pie the size of a roasting tin, 2 cakes, 14 takeaway containers, 4 litres of milk, 9 soft drinks, ...
I'm blaming the teenagers who ate like trojans ;)
(My bg at bedtime was 8.5, 6.5 on waking so I'll take that)

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Bacon, cheese omelette, tomatoes, button mushrooms for breakfast.
Cheese on low carb toast for lunch.
Rib fillet steak and veggies, gravy for dinner.

New patch going on today, staritng to feel a few pains coming on in my insides this morning.

There's paracetamol and there's this...

XrBNwcJ.jpg

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries washed down with a black coffee.
Late morning: black coffee and an Atkins bar.
Skipped lunch.
Mid afternoon: black coffee and SF mango jelly.
Tea at ILs: cold meat, cheese and salad buffet followed by one Jaffa cake!

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Sunday Bed 7.9 FBG 7.6.

B. TAG and 2 slices of SLC toast - 1 with the last of the coronation chicken, 1 with egg mayo.
L. Black tea and another 2 of the LC Anzac biscuits! Still very addictive.
D. Usual Campari and soda. Glazed a ham joint and roasted it. Had ham with mashed carrot/turnip and celeriac chips. Later a grenade ice cream bar.

Had to start on school clothes labelling, order their sleeveless tank tops and more importantly, another SLC order. I didn't realise I was so low on bread. Toast was always my goto breakfast (not that you'd notice ).

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Made the lamb stew yesterday, but didn't want to eat by the time it was done, so went without and made it an OMAD day. This keeps happening and I am actually managing to lose some weight - about 10lb in the last 2 weeks. Not that you can tell by looking.

So today I have to use at least some of the stew. Already not feeling like it, but we'll see.

Breakfast: the last of the ham that I baked some time last week - no bacon left - with a couple of fried eggs. Bit of a disaster because the eggs stuck to the pan for some reason.

All done in a bit of a rush because I was going to get my eyes tested. (My eyesight is, apparently, as near perfect as possible despite odd visual issues.) Sad to make such a disaster of a meal the ONE I'll have today, still it tasted fine, never mind what it looked like.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
First meal today was something I’d seen in a Facebook group, a sort of crustless quiche; 3 eggs, 1/2 tub cottage cheese and 1/2 can corned beef. Mixed together and baked. Very tasty and so filling. I ate it warm but there’s plenty left for a cold lunch tomorrow.
Dinner was this old favourite https://www.livingchirpy.com/smoked-haddock-with-creamy-tomato-pepper-sauce/ the others had pasta with it, I had it on a bed of wilted spinach. Some 100% Absolute black buttons afterwards.
IMG_1628532980.333354.jpg