What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries washed down with a black coffee.
Late morning: black coffee and coffee chia pudding.
Skipped lunch.
Mid afternoon: coffee shop coconut cappuccino and an Atkins bar.
Dinner: cheesy scrambled eggs followed by SF strawberry jelly, cream and LC chocolate granola.

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B: 3 scrambled eggs
L: leftover curried mushrooms. A chunk of manchego. 2 lc blackcurrant muffins
D: chicken and mushroon risotto. I forgot to remove my portion before adding the rice to the boys so ended up trying to scrape it off. Not very successful so I only had a few mouthfuls. Tablespoon ff greek with 6 homegrown raspberries

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Just a cheese omelette for breakfast as my insides were giving me some problems.
Tub of Chobani 15% protein greek yoghurt for lunch.
Grilled Nile Perch fillets (cheap imported fish), green veggies, another tub of Chobani yoghurt for dinner.

Reactions: maglil55

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
I did have a very small dish of the lamb stew last night - didn't really want it but I was putting it into tubs for freezing and there was a tiny portion left over so I decided I'd better eat it. It was OK, felt allright afterwards and BG stayed reasonable. Decided not to put it all in the freezer so I have a portion left in the fridge for today. Might be 3 meals today - BG already dropping low and that's after breakfast.

Breakfast: bacon and egg.
Lunch: I also took some white fish out of the freezer, so will have to have that made into fish fingers.
Evening meal: will be some of the lamb stew, if I decide to have it.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries washed down with a black coffee.
Late morning: black coffee and Atkins bar.
Skipped lunch.
Mid afternoon: black coffee and coffee chia pudding.
Dinner: Chilli con carne with cauli rice followed by SF blackcurrant jelly, cream and LC chocolate and raspberry granola.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Monday bed 8.2 FBG 7.9. Was puzzled by the high readings until today (Tuesday) not feeling great. Sinuses gone again and feels very much like a cold coming on.

B. TAG and 2 slices of SLC toast with egg mayo.
L. Nothing
D. Salmon fillet with apple/celery/walnut, coleslaw, tomato and mini mozzarella. Grenade ice cream bar.

Tuesday - bed 7.8 FBG 6.8. Better than yesterday but feeling generally yuk!

B. TAG and 2 slices of SLC toast- one with the last of the egg mayo, one with Philly.
L Another TAG and 1 Anzac biscuit.
D. 2 egg omelette with pancetta, peas, tomato. Grenade ice cream bar.

Time for a hot shower I reckon. @DJC3 - that quiche looks good. I just have no taste at the moment.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I don’t usually have breakfast on the days I have PT Hiit session as I often feel sick afterwards so don’t want to chance it. Today I decided to try it differently and have a small high protein breakfast a couple of hours beforehand: 1/2 portion keto pancakes ( eggs, cottage cheese and pinch of psyllium husk) with a spoonful of Skyr and raspberries.
This was a good call, didn’t feel sick and BG actually dropped 2mmol rather than the usual steep rise.
Lunch was poached salmon fillet, salad including avocado and pumpkin seeds. New batch of DGF cakes arrived today, had a coconut raspberry slice ( yum)
Dinner 2x M£S best ever pork sausages ( only 0.4g carb each!) broccoli and cauliflower and a large baked mushroom topped with leftover chorizo Parmesan crumb. Vg combo.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
The last few days have been a bit heavy on the meat, eggs and cheese, and a bit light on the veggies so I thought to do some compensation.

Such a lovely meal, very happy!
Snow peas with butter and salt, a couple shrimp from the freezer, and below all that grated celeriac and mayonnaise is a small slice ot low carb bread hiding.

231325098_10224053813127462_6628801922442602317_n.jpg

Tomorrow will be adventurous, both foodwise and in general.
I'll be sailing with two people I've never met on a small flat bottomed sailing ship. They can sail already, but they were looking for someone to help them out and teach them a few things on the first day they'll sail on the Waddensea with all it's sandbanks and currents.

I should be back home tomorrow night, provided I won't make any navigational mistakes causing us to spend multiple days on a sandbank. I put a pen of long acting insulin in my bag to make sure I'm safe :D.

I've also put 3 boiled eggs, a piece of cheese and some slices of low carb bread in my bag so I won't go hungry, regardless of what food they offer, but the goal is not to use it and see how I get on with what they'll bring.

I'll send you a picture tomorrow!

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Bacon, cheese and mushroom omelette, tomatoes for breakfast. Feeling better after a good nights sleep, so back to normal for brekkie..
Ham and salad low carb wrap, chobani greek yoghurt for lunch.
Pork loin chops, veggies and gravy, sugar free green jelly for dinner

We buy home brand middle cut bacon from Woolies for $10.00 kg it's not bad stuff some times it has a fair bit of fat. This packet we are using is a bit on the lean side.

https://www.woolworths.com.au/shop/productdetails/48358/essentials-bacon-middle-rashers

MrO7oLF.jpg

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Useless fact coming up, when I had that colonoscopy a while ago I was told to fast for 24 hours to help in the cleaning out of my insides, plus the anaesthetics.

I was allowed fluid up to a certain time before the procedure, jelly is considered a fluid on the allowed list as long as it was not red or green coloured. Same colour conditions applied to cordial, must be like giving kids red cordial to wind them up a bit.

What was supposed to be 24 hour blew out into >30 hours pretty hungry by that time, a nice fresh packet of sandwiches and black coffee went down well. (Got myself back on topic although the sandwiches were a bit carby).

Reactions: maglil55 and DJC3

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Breakfast: Half a dozen berries with yoghurt.
Main meal: Braised vegetables - a mixture of onion, carrot, courgette, green beans, tomatoes, garlic and peas. I baked a gammon joint yesterday evening and the fat that cooked out of it was very tasty, so I decided to use it for the veggies today with some vegetable stock. It was very tasty.
I thought there would be enough there for 2 meals but it was so good that I just carried on and had most of it - not enough left for a meal tomorrow and I'm really, really full.

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Sausages, cheese omelette, button mushrooms, tomatoes for breakfast, some of the button mushrooms were undersized and should have been put back to grow bigger.
Ham and cheese toasted low carb sandwiches, Chobani 15% protein greek yoghurt for lunch.
Beef curry and veggies, sugar free orange jelly for dinner.

It's quite in this thread today.

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Tuesday, dinner was sausages with leeks and courgettes. Dessert of jelly with rhubarb, cream and yoghurt. Can't remember rest of that days food.

Today. 2 hardboiled eggs mashed with butter (often read it on here, never tried before, very tasty)
Lunch was a packet of cheesies
Dinner, Shaksuka (pepper and tomatoes and chorizo stew) with eggs baked in at end, cooked by hubby so very tasty indeed.
Another rhubarb/jelly/cream/yoghurt pot

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Didn’t get to eat until around 2:30 today, by which time my stomach was growling.
Quickest thing I could do was a SLC roll filled with everything I could find: sliced Turkey breast, mayo, salami, lettuce, cheese and gherkin. Really hit the spot. DGF caramel crunch cake to follow.
Evening meal 6:30 ish was a salad with the rest of the Turkey breast, avocado, red pepper, cherry toms, sauerkraut, leaves, olives and pumpkin seeds.
@Antje77 have fun tomorrow, hope you manage to avoid those sandbanks.
@Annb are you feeling a bit better? It sounds like your tasty menu has helped get your appetite back.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I've also put 3 boiled eggs, a piece of cheese and some slices of low carb bread in my bag so I won't go hungry, regardless of what food they offer, but the goal is not to use it and see how I get on with what they'll bring.
On topic first:
I had told them I'd bring some food because I usually eat low carb, and they reacted very enthousiastic by telling me they do as well!
So the first thing I was offered was a homemade 'no sugar' banana bread from biological bananas and oats :hilarious:.
I kindly declined.

They made more than up to it with this late lunch after sailing. They asked what parts of the food I'd like on my plate and what not, so I declined the quinoa but accepted a small amount of chick peas with the grilled beetroot, smoked salmon, mozzarella and spring onions, and she even showed me the plate before serving to ask if I wanted less chick peas :).
Different cheeses, nuts and bread were also served, and she told me to not hesitate to have the cheese without the bread, perfect!
The biological IPA beer of course had as many carbs as regular beer, but that's fine with me after a day of sailing.

Halfway through our meal she remembered she had forgotten to put the dressing on the salad. Good thing she had, her very fancy, biological and expensive dressing showed 30% sugar (plus some other carbs), so in the end none of us used it on our meal.
I guess they learned more than just navigating the Waddensea today! :D

236166993_10224058902894703_12133311040198054_n.jpg

And of course I also want to share my off topic pictures :)

Not sure what I'm explaining here, but it does look like I know what I'm talking about :angelic:.

236347238_10224058902534694_8433666601672193702_n.jpg

@Antje77 have fun tomorrow, hope you manage to avoid those sandbanks.
Didn't!

But it was a planned stranding, one of the things I love most about sailing here :)
Only downside was the long walk through the mud to get to the island and the ferry back for me.

While there's a lot to learn yet for the people who took me along, I'm sure they've learnt enough today to have them safely navigate the area.

235973644_10224058902174685_1885351206386977554_n.jpg