What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Two egg and cheese omelette, tomatoes and mushrooms ooops nearly forgot the bacon, slice of low carb toast and vegimite for breakfast.
Danish blue cheese and some salad stuff in a low carb wrap, usual cordial and osmolax for smoko.
Savoury liver and bacon and veggies for lunch.
Couple of big spoon fulls of fish cake mix, mashed low carb spuds, raw egg, chopped up raw onion, with a tin of John West's best mixed in together on toast for supper at six

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Hope all goes well from now on @Rachox. Sounds as though the removal of that smaller stent shouldn't be too onerous. Hugs for all the hard times you've had with it.

Lots of roasted veg left over after my meal yesterday so currently making roasted vegetable soup. the only stock I had was chicken so it's not entirely vegetarian, but then, I'm not either. I'll keep the soup for tomorrow.

Breakfast: a bit rushed so it was just a slice of ham that I'd baked yesterday and a couple of Jacobs crackers.

Later I'll do something with the chicken leg I cooked yesterday - Asian style, I think and I'll try cauliflower rice again, to see if it still has unfortunate effects.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I fasted for the first time from dinner last night for 18 hours. I was aiming for 36 but I couldn’t do it :shrug: desperate to bring my levels down. Still hovering around the 10-15 mark no matter what I do. I think I may need to eat in the morning to bring my levels down, oddly. Will try tomorrow.

So lunch was tuna and egg Mayo with lettuce, a handful of cashews and the final slice of carrot cake. Tried bovril—not for me—and had coffee and double cream. Chicken salad for tea.
I'm not a fan of Bovril (or Marmite for that matter) , but I like this Marigold Swiss Vegetable Bouillon. It makes a nice veggie drink. They do a vegan version as well. It's not as strong which I believe helps the taste.
92607-1598974746222340938.jpg

Last edited:

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Catch up again! Sunday 19 September bed 8.1 FBG 7.9.

B. TAG and 2 slices of SLC toast with ox tongue and coleslaw.
L. Nothing - swimming lesson day. 2nd week running I've got eldest grandson in for his lesson and he enjoyed it! (It's been part of his anxiety).
D. Rick Stein's beef stroganoff with celeriac chips. Usual campari and soda. Grenade Ice cream bar.

Monday 20 September - bed 7.2 FBG 7.9

B. TAG and 2 slices of SLC toast with Philly.
L. Nothing - last day of long weekend off school so busy organising Hubby putting more shelves in a cupboard! Catch up on laundry, cleaning....it's never ending.
D. Stroganoff again with more celeriac chips.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: bacon and egg - around 9 am.

Was intending to have 2nd meal of pork chop with carrot, squash and swede mash. But it's not going to happen. For no apparent reason, started vomiting about 4.30 and then went to bed to try to settle things down a bit. Just up (6.55 pm) and still feeling nauseous, so nothing more to annoy my stomach until tomorrow's bacon and egg maybe.
Could it be a bug hitting you? Remember Em wasn't well not that long ago and I did mention a 24/48 hr norovirus was rife here.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@Rachox - glad to see you're home and, I hope! minus the stone, stent and pain. I had a quick scan forward to check. I'm still a bit down but to be honest, I think it is just a case of too much to do and too little time to do it in. I know I'd feel better if I could just get on top of everything.

Tuesday 21 September - bed and FBG both 7 6

B. TAG - busy day. School back and we have a funeral this afternoon.
L. Made a cheese and tomato toastie with SLC bread. Still had eldest grandson here for lunch and part time home schooling. Just writing and sentences today since he'll have to go home early due to the funeral.
D. Really couldn't be bothered by the time we got back plus I was chasing up our "Guaranteed" delivery of grandson's birthday present. Ended up with a roast beef, tomato and mustard toastie with a little salad on the side.

Funeral was a close neighbour who had the same cancer as the first brother I lost. Brought back all sorts of memories as they shared a black humour with their incurable cancers.

Wednesday 22 September - bed 7.1 FBG 6.7

Grandson's birthday and present still in the Amazon facility in Edinburgh! School continues birthday or no birthday (although I did tell him he could have a day off home schooling and do as he wanted).

B. TAG and a slice of SLC toast with Dairylea.
After drop of DIL & I had a 2 hr session with CAMHS. Finally, someone is listening over grandson's anxiety and they admit we've done and are doing a great job the way he's progressed.
L. No time! Rush from CAMHS meeting to pick up grandson for his lunch and quick trip to TESCO so DIL could get bits and pieces for his birthday dinner.
D. Still chasing the Amazon delivery guy. Grandson wanted to go hunting with me when the map finally appeared on my phone. Persuaded him to wait. I did have back up presents which I'd won. Dinner ended up as lo dough pizza margarita.

Not a lot of time for anything today. Took both boys to Smyths after school as Grandson had a lot of birthday cash from the overseas family. He very kindly gave his little brother £10 to spend. Dropped them back and 30 mins after I got in tge Amazon guy appeared so back out to deliver gift.
You're correct @Annb, family responsibilities can absorb your time but you stick with it.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
B- Ham cheese and mushroom omelette
Lovely refreshing dip in the sea then black coffee from my flask to warm us up while we watched dogs play on the beach.
L- Tin of mackerel and salad of spinach, courgette, cherry tom, ginger&tumeric sauerkraut and walnuts
D- Air fried buttermilk brined chicken thighs with slices of aubergine baked underneath in the drippings.
Now having a pot of peppermint tea to try and distract me from the desire for a pudding.
DIL's 7am quiet swim this morning They swim in this inlet most of the time. It doesn't look deep but it is.
FB_IMG_1632564331686.jpg

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
DIL's 7am quiet swim this morning They swim in this inlet most of the time. It doesn't look deep but it is.View attachment 51300

I feel calm and relaxed just looking at that photo, it’s beautiful. We’ve swum during some glorious sunrises, it really sets the day up. We also go at night when the moon is full, it’s become quite a thing.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Loving your accidental packing of chocolate hope graduation goes really well enjoy you must be so so proud of her pass on our congratulations

Thank you very much, It was a wonderful day.
I managed not to eat all the ‘accidental’ chocolate so that was another win!

Reactions: maglil55

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I feel calm and relaxed just looking at that photo, it’s beautiful. We’ve swum during some glorious sunrises, it really sets the day up. We also go at night when the moon is full, it’s become quite a thing.
They did a moonlight swim on Monday. Children went too and tge had a bonfire and Beach BBQ. Boys didn't swim but adults were there to keep an eye on them.

Reactions: Annb and DJC3

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Glad you are home @Rachox , I hope you’re recovering well.
Are you starting to feel on top of things again @maglil55 ? you are always so busy I’m not surprised you feel a bit overwhelmed at times. What were the extra birthday presents you won? I love hearing about your random prizes ( perhaps I should look on the parallel chat thread for the answer though, I’ve derailed enough here)
Back on topic…
Yesterday’s food was breakfast at the hotel: smoked salmon and scrambled eggs, then Greek yoghurt and a seedy topping. Nothing to eat at daughter’s graduation - they’d laid on a lovely looking buffet but every item had too many carbs for me. Had 1/2 glass Prosecco ( not really keen on Prosecco but the alternative was orange juice - I was hoping for a tea or coffee)
Hungry by the time we got home so tapas style bits of cold meat, cheese and olives
Dinner was based on this https://www.dietdoctor.com/recipes/keto-asian-cabbage-stir-fry which is one of daughters favourites.
One small gin as a nightcap.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thursday 23 September - bed 6.2 FBG 6.2. Back to normal for the birthday boy. They both declared they want mince, carrot, onion, peas and mash tonight for dinner. Also they want it early as eldest wants home for 4 45 to build the Lego that arrived late yesterday.

B. TAG and 2 slices of SLC toast with Dairylea.
L. Nothing
D. Mince and I found a vegetable souffle thing in Lidl as part of their French week. Similar to what Iceland discontinued but lower in carbs. Will be stocking up before they vanish. Grenade Ice cream bar.

Friday 24 September - bed 4.3 FBG 4 - no idea. Got to 5.8 post breakfast then back down to the 4's again.

Both boys in school until 12.30 as it's half day. Took them swimming after school to give some a chance to fit the lighting kit to the Lego Fortress which Grandson built in a matter of hours despite it supposed to take 2 days.

B. TAG and 2 slices of SLC toast with Dairylea.
L. Nothing
D. Glass of Lidl's bitters (from Italian week) with soda. It's a not as strong campari. I needed it! Youngest in bother again for retaliation. Took mince from yesterday, added chilli and tomato/veg and made a lo dough fajita which I had with guacamole, sour cream and salad. Grenade Ice cream bar.

Son is currently cursing me for getting the lighting kit. It seems it is very, very fiddly.

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm not a fan of Bovril (or Marmite for that matter) , but I like this Marigold Swiss Vegetable Bouillon. It makes a nice veggie drink. They do a vegan version as well. It's not as strong which I believe helps the taste.View attachment 51295
I use that in a lot of recipes.
Make lovely soup, and a teaspoon added to any savoury dish always enhances it.
Tried a new courgette bread this afternoon that uses coconut flour that tasted too sweet to me, but a teaspoon of this added solved that nicely

Reactions: maglil55

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Nothing until 12, then 2 hard boiled eggs from Co-ops sandwich section, and 30g of a new Montezuma 70% black cherry. Omg too good. Says 37g per 100g but tastes more than that.

Then baked this afternoon, this courgette bread recipe
https://www.ketofitnessclub.com/blogs/breads/zucchini-bread
I added some extra seasoning and fresh basil in place of the dried oregano. Turned out well. Texture more like a cake than bread but very acceptable as a savoury, and good spread with butter. Can't taste the courgette. Think it would be better with a stronger cheese. Definitely one to play with.
Recipe says cuts into 16, I got 12 so about 5g per slice I reckon.
Now sliced and in the freezer (well most is, 2 slices when to tasting, 2 to greed and 2 to tomorrow!)
20210925_181233_copy_612x816courgette bread.jpg

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Could it be a bug hitting you? Remember Em wasn't well not that long ago and I did mention a 24/48 hr norovirus was rife here.

I don't think it is a bug. It keeps on happening - very often when I have gone too long without food, but not always. It's just a worse version of the nausea I get quite frequently. Just a "funny tummy" I guess.

I was booked for an all day Zoom meeting today but I had plans to have some of the chicken that I cooked yesterday (or was it the day before?) I was going to add some vegetables to it and make a Chinese style chicken dish and have it with cauliflower rice but, just as I was having a break from the meeting, Em arrived with her Mum and Dad with an electrical job for Neil, so there was no time to cook, and now it's time to go back to the meeting. So, no 2nd meal today. Might grab a bag of crisps when the meeting is over.

Dr Snoddy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Trolls
B. Black tea, 1 lc toast with crunchy peanut butter. No time for coffee.
10,000 steps, black coffee in cafe.
L. In another cafe. Ploughmans in ciabatta roll. Ate the lambs lettuce and cheese and a quarter of the roll. Black coffee.
Snack. Oat biscuit, very small apple.
D. Other half of crustless quiche with extra cheese on top. Still not nice! Salad of home grown tomatoes with black olives, red onion and basil. An apricot, Greek yoghurt, topped with flaked almonds and cinnamon seeds.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries washed down with a black coffee
Late morning: black coffee and a Carb Killa bar.
Skipped lunch.
Mid afternoon: black coffee and an Atkins bar.
Dinner Chinese take away: crispy duck, 3 small pancakes, a smidge of sauce and veggies followed by DGF salted caramel brownie, cream and LC nutty granola.

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Just coffee made with my usual lactofree milk for breakfast
Lunch scrambled eggs with one slice of hm lc bread followed by a few raspberries from garden and 0%yoghurt
Mid pm my usual weak black tea with two squares of 90% choc ( I always drink lots of very,very weak black tea every day)
Dinner chicken curry with two pataks poppadoms and hm salsa dip ( Corriander, onion and a few tomatoes with lemon juice, salt and pepper) and glass of gin and soda water followed by DGF raspberry bakewell with a dollop of extra thick cream.