What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
chicken that I cooked yesterday (or was it the day before?) I was going to add some vegetables to it and make a Chinese style chicken dish and have it with cauliflower rice but, just as I was having a break from the meeting, Em arrived with her Mum and Dad with an electrical job for Neil, so there was no time to cook, and now it's time to go back to the meeting. So, no 2nd meal today. Might grab a bag of crisps when the meeting is over.
What about just having the chicken as it is instead of the crisps? Should be tasty even cold and eaten directly from the fridge!
Or mix in some mayo and salt and pepper to make it even more tasty without having to cook.

Reactions: DJC3

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
Oh dear. I messed it up again.

Mod edit for language.

Last edited by a moderator:

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
What about just having the chicken as it is instead of the crisps? Should be tasty even cold and eaten directly from the fridge!
Or mix in some mayo and salt and pepper to make it even more tasty without having to cook.

Meeting just finished - BG is currently at 11.9 so I'll have to take some insulin and, therefore, eat something worth taking insulin for, ie chicken mayo - great idea.

Reactions: ziggy_w

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Two egg cheese omelette, slice of midddle bacon, button mushrooms for breakfast.
Did not feel hungry, so just a glass of cordial and a scoopful of the good stuff to make me go, for smoko.
Curried lamb with a assortment of veggies from not quite empty bags in the freezer, onions, tomatoes and mushrooms. Just half the container of curry powder cooked in the slow cooker for a late lunch / early dinner.
Four bits of salty liquorice watching Blindspot on Netflix, this tv series was recommended by the nurse navigator when she came around home a couple of weeks ago.

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Had the chicken mayo around 9 pm yesterday. It was fine, in that my stomach accepted it quite comfortably, but I've realised that I've gone off mayonnaise again.

Breakfast: around 11.30, roasted veg soup with quite a lot of cream in it.

2nd meal will be about 1/4 of a small cauliflower (that's what is left from the cauliflower Neil bought for me), roasted with spicy sauce.

Hoping for a phone call from my brother this evening, if he's feeling well enough.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Had the chicken mayo around 9 pm yesterday. It was fine, in that my stomach accepted it quite comfortably, but I've realised that I've gone off mayonnaise again.
What about using sour cream instead of mayo next time? Tastes just as nice without the taste of mayonnaise! :)

Reactions: DJC3 and Annb

bellapodus

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
B: 2 fried eggs, 2 bacon, 2 slices of low carb toast with Benecol spread
S: 4 strawberries with a little double cream
L: Roast beef, brussel sprouts, broccoli, 2 small potatoes, gravy. Desert: low carb coffee cake
D: Cream cheese, low carb crackers, 3 cherry tomatoes, raspberry quark

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Indulgent Sunday food wise
Breakfast one each of sausage,bacon,egg and mushroom with slice of low carb toast
Lunch 0%fage with a few raspberries from garden and DGF ginger cake
Mid pm two squares of 90% lindt - last bar opened need to avoid accidentally placing more in my shopping this week!
Dinner slow cooked beef with two roast potatoes! And cauliflower cheese plus glass of red wine followed by DGF salted butter caramel blondie served warm with spoon of extra thick cream felt very indulgent and hopefully a one off Sunday treat.

Dr Snoddy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Trolls
IF day so only black tea and black coffees in the morning.
l at 1.30. Cheese and chive omelette, 4 small crackers with butter.
5000 steps, still slow and limpy.
Quinoa and almond scone with butter and tea in local cafe.
D. 7pm Made an effort as it is Sunday. Asian style salmon fillet, roast Mediterranean vegetables, griddled Hispi cabbage with chilli and roast hazelnut butter, small glass pinot grigio.
Small meringue, Greek yoghurt, strawberries.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries washed down with a black coffee.
Late morning: black coffee and CarbKilla bar.
Skipped lunch.
Mid afternoon: black coffee and some dark chocolate coated almonds.
Tea at ILs: cold meat, cheese and salad buffet followed by one Jaffa cake!

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B: 1 slice of yesterday's courgette bread with butter. Very filling.
2 hour walk with a friend
L: 4 slices Polish ham with 30g manchego and 6 olives and 1 slice of the courgette bread. Rest is safely in the freezer
Hard afternoon of sewing ( not really my thing, doing a favour for a neighbour) and gardening.
D: roast duck with cabbage and carrots and courgette. Made some stock as well. Not sure what I will use duck stock for. Ideas please?
Pudding of yoghurt with raspberries and seeds.
2 glasses of red wine

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Three bbq sausages, two egg and cheese omelette, button mushrooms, slice of toast and vegimite for breakfast.
Cheese and salad, kimchi low carb wrap, glass of lemon / lime cordial with a scoop of Osmolax mixed in for smoko.
A Red Rooster whole cooked chicken, veggies, gravy, lime jelly and a couple of small spoons of two fruits for lunch.
Cold chicken, lettuce and tomatoes in low carb sandwiches to finish the Red Rooster off for supper at six.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
A lot more food than I intended today. All the family here so it felt like I was feeding the 5000
B: sausage sandwiches. Mine made with Heck 97% sausages and Keto Fitness club roll
Lunch: tin of mackerel in olive oil and salad sprinkled with pumpkin seeds. A DGF salted caramel blondie to follow.
D: roast leg of pork, loads of veg - mashed swede, green beans with garlic and almonds, buttered cabbage, cauli and broccoli cheese. A couple of parmesan crisps afterwards and some wine throughout.
@shelley262 glad I’m not the only one to find accidental chocolate!

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
Breakfast: cup of tea with milk
2 eggs scrambled with butter.
Breakfast is easy, it's later on it all goes wrong.

Edited to confess.
Coffee with cream.
Lunch: salad, crispbreads with mousse de foie.
Tea in the afternoon.
More tea.
Dinner: roasted cauliflower and courgettes, chicken fillet, French beans from the garden.
Several glasses of wine during the evening leading to far too much icecream as a bedtime snack.
Lemon tea.

Last edited:
Reactions: maglil55

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi All
Saturday was usual slice HiLo toast, lots of tea.
Lunch was cold eggs, salad and coleslaw.
Supper was early BBQ, selection of meats with green salad and Nandos Lemon & Herb sauce.
Sunday was the usual brekkie.
Lunch was half a chicken, chorizo & pepper skewer and one sausage left over from Saturday’s bbq more green salad and coleslaw.
Supper was stirfried beef marinated with lemon, ginger and garlic from farm shop with strips of different coloured peppers.

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Indulgent Sunday food wise
Breakfast one each of sausage,bacon,egg and mushroom with slice of low carb toast
Lunch 0%fage with a few raspberries from garden and DGF ginger cake
Mid pm two squares of 90% lindt - last bar opened need to avoid accidentally placing more in my shopping this week!
Dinner slow cooked beef with two roast potatoes! And cauliflower cheese plus glass of red wine followed by DGF salted butter caramel blondie served warm with spoon of extra thick cream felt very indulgent and hopefully a one off Sunday treat.

I bought a couple of Lindt 90% bars, to go into the Christmas lucky dip but I had a couple of squares from one of them a few days ago. Shouldn't have bothered, the sugar content made me feel pretty sorry for myself, fizzing away at the top of my stomach. I didn't think Em would like it, but I offered her some. And she loved it. The child is developing some pretty sophisticated tastes for a 9 year old.

Breakfast today: about 11 am - bacon and eggs.

2nd meal: will be beef ragout from the freezer.

DIL took Em to town to get her a boiler suit so that she can get under the floor and help Neil with the plumbing work he's doing. She loves to feel helpful.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi sorry I don’t know how to do a post but can I ask u a question? Does your hair fall out on lchf I’ve been on it Minch March and every time I wash it it falls out is this ment to happen
Would you like me to transfer your question to a new post for you?

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
B: 1 slice of yesterday's courgette bread with butter. Very filling.
2 hour walk with a friend
L: 4 slices Polish ham with 30g manchego and 6 olives and 1 slice of the courgette bread. Rest is safely in the freezer
Hard afternoon of sewing ( not really my thing, doing a favour for a neighbour) and gardening.
D: roast duck with cabbage and carrots and courgette. Made some stock as well. Not sure what I will use duck stock for. Ideas please?
Pudding of yoghurt with raspberries and seeds.
2 glasses of red wine

Duck soup? Chinese style with Chinese cabbage, soy sauce and Chinese spices or with mushrooms, carrots and garlic.
Add to chicken stock to enrich it for chicken casserole or pot pie (without the pastry on top) or chowder.