What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
BG was dropping too low by the time Em came in from school . I gave her a Cadbury's choc chip brownie as a treat and had one myself to stop the slide into the 3s. It stopped the slide and now up again to 5.4 but yuk! Stomach really didn't enjoy that experience either. Chocolate and me just don't agree, unless it's 100% and even then, I'm not convinced.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Started the day with a sort of LC egg McMuffin: LC roll, toasted, filled with a slice of ham, cheese and a fried egg. Very nice.
Lunch: slices of roast beef with h/m coleslaw cherry toms and a gherkin.
Dinner was egg curry. I’d found some curry sauce in the freezer ( leftover from twosleevers.com butter chicken) and having boiled a few eggs for lunches in the week it seemed a natural thing to put the 2 together. No rice or naan needed.

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Breakfast just coffee
Lunch 3 eggs scrambled in butter with one slice of hm Lc bread followed by a few raspberries from garden with 0% fage yoghurt
Mid pm two squares of 90% Lindt choc
Dinner Cajun chicken with salad followed by DGF lemon and blueberry cake

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries washed down with a black coffee.
Late morning: black coffee and Phd smart bar.
Skipped lunch.
Mid afternoon: black coffee and chocolate chia pudding.
Dinner: deconstructed burger, two beef burgers, bacon, cheese and a low carb roll followed by SF blackcurrant jelly, cream and LC nutty granola.

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B: 2 eggs scrambled
Exercise class
L: one cold duck leg, the good 1/4 of an avocado, one square lc brownie with cream. Coffee with cream
D: cabbage cooked in duck fat with a few bits of roasted peppers (boys had fried potatoes and chorizo with theirs too), a couple of cherry tomatoes, 30g of 90% chocolate

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Two egg and cheese omelette, slice of middle bacon, tomatoes, slice of low carb toast and vegimite for braekfast.
Tub of chobani 15% protein greek yoghurt, glass of the usual cordial and go powder, for smoko.
T bone steak, salad stuff with some kimchi mixed in for a bit of bite, cold boiled egg for lunch.
Picked on some cheese, cherry tomatoes and green olives for supper at six.

Three or four pieces of salty liquorice watching tv later on.

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Yesterday, I said to Em that she should remind me never to eat a chocolate brownie again and she left a note, writ large, on a sheet of A4 paper which says:

No brownies!
you areent
Alowed!

So - I'm told.

It's early so no food so far - some Co-codamol and some tea and some hot water. It's very cold here today and I had to try to get warm to put the bins out for collection. Still sitting here with my winter jacket on to try to warm up. I can feel the heat from the radiator by my desk, but it isn't doing anything for me right now. BG is already high and rising so I'll have to do something about breakfast and enough insulin to knock it down again. I start my new basal insulin today, so it will be at a low introductory dose - that will probably keep BG high all day. I also have an appointment with the dietician this afternoon. Not sure why I'm bothering - she won't agree to anything I'm trying to do, but she is new to me, so we'll not judge her too soon.

I'm about to make my bacon and egg breakfast and later will have lamb chops and the rest of the cauliflower in a spicy sauce.

Reactions: maglil55 and LaoDan

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Had a rare, but very enjoyable, late night snack last night of manchego cheese and lemon olives. It had become obvious that my veg only dinner was not sustaining enough.

Today, skipped breakfast but had a coffee with cream and 2 bites of hubbies toast in a cafe about 11am.
Lunch was homemade soup using the duck stock, some cabbage, cauliflower stalk and onion. Much tastier than it sounds :joyful:.
Piece of rhubarb cake from the freezer.

D: will be heck 97% sausages with cauliflower cheese

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
As I thought. New, she might be, but the mantra is still the same. Eat 3 meals a day, eat carbs (whole grain) for energy, eat less fat and follow the image of the plateful of food regarding ratio of carb:veg:protein.

Can't have the anticipated lamb - no meat available in the supermarket and I have none out of the freezer. Not actually feeling hungry anyway, so I might not bother with anything other than a yoghurty snack (no berries either in the shops and the only ones of those I have are also in the freezer and won't thaw out in time). This is one of the problems living here - "fresh" anything means it has been on the road for days to get here so "just in time" becomes a way of shopping so that things don't go off too quickly. Then supplies are interrupted (possibly this time due to insufficient lorry drivers to bring goods to the ferry).

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
As I thought. New, she might be, but the mantra is still the same. Eat 3 meals a day, eat carbs (whole grain) for energy, eat less fat and follow the image of the plateful of food regarding ratio of carb:veg:protein.

Can't have the anticipated lamb - no meat available in the supermarket and I have none out of the freezer. Not actually feeling hungry anyway, so I might not bother with anything other than a yoghurty snack (no berries either in the shops and the only ones of those I have are also in the freezer and won't thaw out in time). This is one of the problems living here - "fresh" anything means it has been on the road for days to get here so "just in time" becomes a way of shopping so that things don't go off too quickly. Then supplies are interrupted (possibly this time due to insufficient lorry drivers to bring goods to the ferry).
Idea re frozen berries I often use them from frozen - just warm them up to defrost them and then chill in fridge for a few mins if don’t fancy them warm - I love raspberries warmed with a LC brownie. I sometimes make a sort of jam using frozen berries and lemon juice and then keep in fridge which can be used for example to cheer up some yoghurt.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hugs for the availability issues @Annb . Good tips re frozen berries too @shelley262 I must try the warmed raspberries on a brownie.
My food today started with ham, a h/b egg and spoon of cottage cheese - high protein to prepare me for my Hiit exercise session. It’s held in the park and today it poured with rain throughout.
Home to shower and change. Rain stopped so took dog out and of course it tipped down again.
Lunch was sliced Turkey, cambazola cheese, turmeric and ginger sauerkraut, olives and salad leaves. Salted caramel brownie to follow.
Dinner was Heck 97% sausages ( snap @MrsA2 ) with buttered broccoli. 0% Fage yoghurt with frozen berries and seeds.
Got the woodburner blazing now so Dennis and I are finally warm and dry.

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin

Em came in at that point - she had walked to the village shop after school (half a mile further away from home) but, having arrived there, she found that she had forgotten her mask, so she wouldn't go in. She got back to our house, by which time she was decidedly wet and came in to ask for a lift the rest of the way home.

Now it's time for another Zoom meeting which will last until 8 pm. Just a drink of milk, I think (full cream!) and maybe some yoghurt later (also full cream).

Reactions: shelley262

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@DJC3 your food today sounds amazing and I’ve got a lovely warming image of you guys warming up by your wood burning stove. I’ve resorted to putting on a jumper today and had planned a walk but ended up walking indoors observing the downpours whilst listening to an interesting podcast from Spotify (which I subscribe to)where guest was Adele Hite she seems to have a very balanced approach to low carb eating. Listened on Spotify but if you search on Adele hite and paleo canteen you’ll find other free ways to listen I hope. Interesting stuff too about importance of protein.
Breakfast coffee
Lunch three eggs scrambled with butter served with hm lc bread followed by yoghurt and a few raspberries from garden
Mid pm one square of 90% I’ve only got a few squares remaining and deliberately not buying more so I’m rationing it!
Dinner pork ribs with salads and glass of dry white wine with soda water followed by DGF ginger cake and yoghurt.

Dr Snoddy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Trolls
Another IF day.
Morning. Black tea, black coffees
12pm. Eggs scrambled with chopped tomatoes and chilli on lc toast.
3pm. Treat! Prawn mayo on oatmeal sandwich. 42g carbohydrate.
Snack. Peanuts, small serving of watermelon.
7.30pm. Thai green prawn curry with yellow peppers, pak choi and tenderstem broccoli. Rhubarb with stem ginger and Greek yoghurt.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries washed down with a black coffee.
Late morning: black coffee and a phd smart bar.
Skipped lunch.
Mid afternoon: black coffee and coffee chia pudding.
Dinner: Balti chicken curry with cauli rice followed by SF raspberry jelly, cream and LC nutty granola.

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Two egg and cheese omelette, small piece of steak, tomatoes for breakfast.
Tub of chobaani 15% protein yoghurt, usual cordial mix for smoko.
Spicy seafood marinara in a spag bol type sauce, small portion of re-heated green fettuccine for lunch.
Leftover marinara in low carb wrap for supper at six.

Got a phone call from the admission dept around 7:00 pm asking if I want to get one bag of blood transfused today (it's Wednesday here) at 10:00 am. Yes please.

A question on your petrol shortages, watching the world news on SBS, it showed a clip of a fight out side a Tesco servo, petrol was priced at £1.32 ($2.50 Au) I could not see if this was a litre or a gallon, do you use gallons still? If it's a litre it is dearer than ours as we pay $1.60 a litre here in Bundaberg.