What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B: a small piece of manchego cheese
Exercise class. First back in the hall for this class. They kept all the doors open and it was freezing, even though I worked up a sweat
L: a few bits while I cooked some egg muffins for a packed lunch tomorrow so I had a bit of ham, a couple of olives, an egg. 1 sq 85%.
Then dance class, also cold with the doors open.
Sore throat back with a vengeance but at least I've managed to get some sugar free strepsils.
D: belly pork , supposedly slow roasted but over cooked and nearly burned so quite crunchy. Celeriac mash. 1 sq 85%
Had a few grapes in the day just becuase I can't bear to see the snails eat them instead.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries washed down with a black coffee.
Late morning: black coffee and Carb Killa bar.
Skipped lunch.
Mid afternoon: black coffee and coffee chia pudding.
Dinner: kedgeree made with cauli rice followed by SF raspberry jelly, cream and LC nutty granola.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Monday bed 7.9 FBG 7 6

Oh dear, another school week. My irritated stomach and painful back has improved a bit. Just as well as GP is constantly engaged. Nausea was still present though. @DJC3 - OMAD would be simple if you felt like me. Weather thankfully dry.

B. Water
L. Water
D. Yet more Water but nausea was worse dye to hunger slice of ox tongue, wafer thin beef, chicken and a spoon of egg mayo. 2 mini mozzarella balls 3 of the M&S crackers
More Water and an early night.

Too much water - was up at 4.15 to visit the loo!

Today - Tuesday Nausea has subsided but still not 100%. Pain has mostly gone but stomach still a bit tender. Bed 7 3 FBG 7 1.

B. TAG and I chanced 1 slice of SLC toast with egg mayo.
L. Lots of water.
D. Took a chance on queenie scallops which I did with spinach in a cheesy, fishy sauce. 3 of the M&S crackers. Few strawberries after.

Decided to chance a Garibaldi gin Hubby made me as No 2 had another hellish day. Thanks to the latest gin box. An Irish spiced gin (that is very un gin like) mixed with campari and their mixer of blood orange, raspberry and ginger with a garnish of orange slices and fresh raspberries. All in a nice gin glass with a straw! I am quite relaxed an no sign of an issue yet....

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Decided to chance a Garibaldi gin Hubby made me as No 2 had another hellish day. Thanks to the latest gin box. An Irish spiced gin (that is very un gin like) mixed with campari and their mixer of blood orange, raspberry and ginger with a garnish of orange slices and fresh raspberries. All in a nice gin glass with a straw! I am quite relaxed an no sign of an issue yet....
Sounds like a cure all to me!
Have a nice little umbrella from me as a finishing touch :happy:
131188_large.jpg

Reactions: DJC3 and maglil55

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Reactions: maglil55 and DJC3

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Two mexican sausages, two egg and cheese omelette, mushrooms and tomatoes for breakfast.
Tub of high protein yoghurt, glass of cordial and scoop of Osmolax mixed in for smoko.
Rib fillet steak and salad stuff, sugar free orange jelly with a spoonful of mango sorbet for lunch.
Cheese on low carb toast for supper at six.

I think the sausages are chorizo in disguise, they are better cold than hot.

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Monday bed 7.9 FBG 7 6

Oh dear, another school week. My irritated stomach and painful back has improved a bit. Just as well as GP is constantly engaged. Nausea was still present though. @DJC3 - OMAD would be simple if you felt like me. Weather thankfully dry.

B. Water
L. Water
D. Yet more Water but nausea was worse dye to hunger slice of ox tongue, wafer thin beef, chicken and a spoon of egg mayo. 2 mini mozzarella balls 3 of the M&S crackers
More Water and an early night.

Too much water - was up at 4.15 to visit the loo!

Today - Tuesday Nausea has subsided but still not 100%. Pain has mostly gone but stomach still a bit tender. Bed 7 3 FBG 7 1.

B. TAG and I chanced 1 slice of SLC toast with egg mayo.
L. Lots of water.
D. Took a chance on queenie scallops which I did with spinach in a cheesy, fishy sauce. 3 of the M&S crackers. Few strawberries after.

Ive also found that gin is often the cure for whatever ails me. I hope you continue to feel better.
Your scallops sound fabulous, I’m glad they didn’t upset your tum. I still haven’t managed to find any of those M&S crackers.

Reactions: maglil55

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
Yesterday's food
Breakfast CWC
More CWC
Handfuls of grated cheese eaten
Lunch one crispbread with slice of ham, cucumber slices. Cup of tea
Teas in the afternoon
Dinner, salmon steaks, onion and leeks, green beans, carrots tablespoon of boursin
Glass of white wine.
Lemon tea

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Breakfast was a bit late because I was up much of the night and then, eventually fell asleep (in the chair as usual) until nearly 10 am. Something wrong with an ankle now making walking around quite difficult (arthritic? Maybe) and even resting, painful. Anyway:

Breakfast: left over veg and cheese bake with a couple of fried eggs on top.

2nd meal: tomato soup made a couple of weeks ago with DIL's fruit and veg for using up when she went away. Don't expect to need anything else.

No 2 son came in with the post - he's back at work but still suffering with his gall bladder issues. He's changed his diet to get rid of all dairy and eggs, never ate anything fatty or oily anyway, no red meat. That leaves him with fish and chicken with some fruit and some veg. It hasn't really worked yet, though. He really isn't looking very well, but says he's OK apart from the discomfort.

Neil tried some proper cheese - he usually uses Lactofree - he wanted a change. Unfortunately, it's made him pretty unwell, so he's in his room, feeling sorry for experimenting at the moment. He is, normally, vegan - partly, I suppose, from conviction and partly because he keeps finding that his body won't cope with any animal protein - and he can't even take honey, more because of the fructose in it than because it is an animal product. Olive oil is OK and so is soya oil, but he can't take the bean itself because of the fibre content. Same with most other vegetables and fruit.

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Breakfast just coffee with usual lactofree milk
Lunch out celebrating youngest sons birthday at a local outdoor cafe - lovely the sun shone and managed to get low carb option of scrambled eggs and smoked salmon
Mid afternoon guys having full carb birthday cake so had a few berries and yoghurt
Dinner Chinese chicken with salads and glass of dry white wine followed by DGF cake. Just been tempted to make another DGF order as had some rewards to use and wanted to try their autumn selection box I particularly like the look of the new autumn fruits crumble.

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
No breakfast
2 cups coffee, unusual for me but on a course that was freezing with doors open.
L: 4 egg muffins I cooked yesterday. 1 small square honey cake (well it was so cold!)
Shivered all day.
D: cheese crisps dipped into smoked mackerel pate

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries washed down with a black coffee.
Late morning: black coffee and Fibre One caramel protein bar.
Skipped lunch.
Mid afternoon: black coffee and coffee chia pudding.
Dinner: spaghetti bolognese with sliced sautéed courgettes followed by SF blackcurrant jelly, cream and LC nutty granola.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Bed 7.5 FBG 7.8. Eyes today! No diabetic change and glaucoma stable but what were previously a "hint of cataracts" has become worse apparently. Another letter to the Eye Pavilion where I already have an appointment at the end of the month. I was also told the waiting list for surgery is horrendous. Not that I am ecstatic by the thought of surgery on my eyes. Anyone had cataracts done?

B. TAG and 2 slices of SLC toast - one with whipped cheese, 1 with egg.
L. A couple of M&S crackers with whipped cheese
D. Zoodle carbonara.

Still drinking loads of water which seems to be helping me. Now I have a wait to 22 Oct to collect a new pair of distance specs as it seems my near sight hasn't changed. Existing varifocals are fine for reading but new single lens for driving/TV. Ever felt it never rains but it pours? How true that's been weather wise too!

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
Breakfast CWC x2
More CWC Mid morning
Lunch: 2 crispbreads with ham and cheese, cucumber, half a large tomato. Home grown, looked lovely but disappointing as no flavour. Four home grown radish between us. Not much left to harvest now.
Teas
Dinner Bolognaise say we with the leeks left from yesterday, didn't really work, but that was what was available. Cauliflower and carrots. Berries and yoghurt.2 glasses white wine
Later snacked on grated cheese, just a small snack this time. Pleased i didnt go mad on it, although didn't really need any more to eat.
Lemon tea and a second lemon tea.

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Not that I am ecstatic by the thought of surgery on my eyes. Anyone had cataracts done?
I had both of my eyes done several years back, they were done one at a time over a couple of months.

The prepping for the procedure takes a while I had my eyes tested for the correct IOL previously, Kept most of my clothes on except for my shirt and boots a hospital gown put on and bootees. There will be plenty of eye drops both to dilate the eye and local anaesthetic put in.

They put a canula in my arm for the anaesthetist to give me dose of happy juice if I got fidgetty in the pre / podtop area while the operation was being done. I am not sure how long the procedure took though as I cant remember off hand.

After it was finished, back into the pre / post area for a while then back to main area again, coffee and sandwiches were to eat drink. I was probably at the day surgery unit about five to six hours all told.

I was given two bottles of eye drops, one was antibiotics and the other was for something or other I cant remember what tho'.

The only thing painful about it was the bill.to take home

Reactions: maglil55

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dinner Bolognaise say we with the leeks left from yesterday, didn't really work, but that was what was available.
Thanks for the warning! I'll make a mental note to not use leeks as a substitute for spaghetti, as that's very much something I would do if leeks were what's available.

I really need to do some catch up shopping tomorrow. Today was a not very inspired meal of a burger and a small chorizo sausage from the freezer with some savoy cabbage (again! :(), some fried onion, and the bit of the last tomato that hadn't gone off.
I do like savoy cabbage but I've now sworn that any more savoy cabbage is for the guinea pigs for at least two months. Too much of a good thing is definitely a thing.

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Two egg and cheese omelette, mushrooms, tomatoes, and a small portion of baked beans for breakfast.
Tub of extra protein greek yoghurt, glass of cordial with Osmolax for smoko.
Pork chops, spudlites, green veggies and gravy for lunch.
Two slices cheese on low carb toast, tub of orange jelly and half a mandarin for supper at six.

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Breakfast just coffee with usual lactofree milk
Lunch out celebrating youngest sons birthday at a local outdoor cafe - lovely the sun shone and managed to get low carb option of scrambled eggs and smoked salmon
Mid afternoon guys having full carb birthday cake so had a few berries and yoghurt
Dinner Chinese chicken with salads and glass of dry white wine followed by DGF cake. Just been tempted to make another DGF order as had some rewards to use and wanted to try their autumn selection box I particularly like the look of the new autumn fruits crumble.
Do DGF have a rewards system? Has anyone tried the autumn latte cakes they have? - do they taste a lot like coffee? - as I don't like coffee and they are putting me off from purchasing the mixed autumn box - I do fancy the rest of them AND I am now well and truly over my cream addiction - it has been weeks now since I ditched it and don't crave it anymore at all.

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Ive also found that gin is often the cure for whatever ails me. I hope you continue to feel better.
Your scallops sound fabulous, I’m glad they didn’t upset your tum. I still haven’t managed to find any of those M&S crackers.
My local M & S had none of the crackers either :banghead:

The DGF cookies are a good size and I love them especially with a cuppa - they melt in your mouth just like real cookies ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: maglil55 and DJC3