What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries washed down with a black coffee.
Tooth extraction late morning :(, so no food for four hours then soft diet for the rest of the day.
Late afternoon: more low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries washed down with a black coffee!
Dinner: cheesy scrambled eggs with one slice of LC bread spread with Marmite followed by jelly and cream.

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Went to my committee meeting last night, having had one sq 85% immediately beforehand (so I wouldn't be tempted by biscuits) and within 5 minutes had been got by a horrendous migraine. Worst in ages. Couldn't see or speak.
Came home and slept until 10 this morning
Not sure what triggered it, hadn't been particularly hungry yesterday' just OMad and a snack.. Usually OK with chocolate.
Maybe it was the offal in the terrine the past few days.
Anyway, have tried every medication under the sun today and it's finally clearing.
Have been hungry all day so
10.00 yoghurt and seeds
11:30 2 scrambled eggs
1:30 2 chicken thighs
6pm sort of a bogonaise served on cabbage

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Two slices of middle bacon, two eggs and cheese omelette, mushrooms, small portion of baked beans for breakfast.
Tub of chobani greek yoghurt, lemon cordial and Osmolax mix for smko.
Seafood marinara in spagbol sauce, small portion of precooked pasta spirals for lunch.
twp slices of cheese on low carb toast for supper at six.

Anyway, have tried every medication under the sun today and it's finally clearing.
Hope the migraine goes soon for you.

I just put my new patch on a day early which will have to be caught up on later in the week somehow.

Reminder to myself pay attention to the calendar.

Reactions: maglil55

Debmcgee

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
B 2 sausages and coffee
L salmon salad
D homemade lamb kebab, one cinnamon waffle stick, cream and strawbs.

Discovered today that adding a bit of vanilla protein powder when whipping up double cream is almost like ice cream! I’ll be doing more of that!

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Breakfast: 4 rashers of streaky bacon and tea.

2nd meal: "Coronation chicken" from a couple of days ago.

A friend is lending me a car (a Scenic that actually belongs to her son, but he's teaching in Romania until Christmas) while our Scenic is being repaired. Very good of her. In fact, I can't legally drive it because I cancelled my insurance when I scrapped the Kangoo, so Neil is the only one allowed to drive it. Just as well. Her house is 17 miles away from ours and I had to drive our Scenic back while Neil drove hers. It made me remember how bad I feel about driving these days. I can manage the short trip round to the local shop, or could even make it the 7 miles to town, but the 17 was just too far. My eyes were OK but I just felt that I wasn't controlling the car as well as I used to.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Look what I made!

It tastes as good as it looks too. :happy:
Had the first slice on a slice of low carb bread, more will follow for my evening meal.
Half is in the freezer, and I'll be off now to bring the neighbours a piece.

252061384_10224560083263899_5988459072829527157_n.jpg

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
7DA1E481-8BEB-4ACB-9FD4-2200CC4DA777.jpeg
325595A9-C221-4234-BF1A-EFD1D6008FFE.jpeg

Out early for 3rd booster jab so no breakfast
I’m working at the moment on my gut microbiome as I’ve got dental surgery booked for Friday am and the last lot I had about 6 weeks ago I was given antibiotics for so I’m trying to build the good gut bacteria up. Photos are of lunch and dinner above
Lunch small sliced beetroot, peppers,celery sticks, a few nuts,sauerkraut, small pieces of Brie and Stilton served with buttered hm lc bread followed by berries with spoon of yoghurt and kefir with quark
Mid pm three squares of 90% choc - I’ve heard it can help the gut good excuse!
Dinner chicken roasted with a crust of a mix of Chinese spices served with a good salad and a gut friendly hm coleslawmade with chopped beetroot,sauerkraut, bit of carrot mixed with avocado oil mayo, spoon of turmeric and spoon of ginger (yum definitely a keeper for me ) with glass of soda water with dash of dry white wine followed by DGF choc brownie served with spoonful of kefir and protein

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Breakfast: 4 rashers of streaky bacon and tea.

2nd meal: "Coronation chicken" from a couple of days ago.

A friend is lending me a car (a Scenic that actually belongs to her son, but he's teaching in Romania until Christmas) while our Scenic is being repaired. Very good of her. In fact, I can't legally drive it because I cancelled my insurance when I scrapped the Kangoo, so Neil is the only one allowed to drive it. Just as well. Her house is 17 miles away from ours and I had to drive our Scenic back while Neil drove hers. It made me remember how bad I feel about driving these days. I can manage the short trip round to the local shop, or could even make it the 7 miles to town, but the 17 was just too far. My eyes were OK but I just felt that I wasn't controlling the car as well as I used to.

Em came in before I got to my 2nd meal so I left it until after she went home - around 5.30. It was quite tasty and there is still some left for tomorrow (breakfast). Actually ate a bit too much of it and felt quite full.

Neil discovered 1: that the windscreen wiper didn't work on my friends car (he's fixed it now though), 2: a rear brake is seized up, 3: the handbrake doesn't hold on a slope, 4: oil needs topped up and 5: the car is due its MOT on Saturday. I've phoned my friend and she is going to arrange for it to go in for service and MOT. It will stay here until it is due to go to the garage in Stornoway but we can't drive it after Friday. With any luck, our own will be back from the garage after its checkup on Thursday until the garage can get the parts needed to fix it. When it is due to go back for repair, we'll have to think again about how to stay mobile.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Had a rubbish night’s sleep, as mouth and jaw sore on one side while I’d had my Covid booster in the opposite arm on Sunday and it’s painful too, so couldn’t lie comfortably either side!
Back to eating ‘normally’ as in normal food but eaten slowly on one side!
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries washed down with a black coffee.
Late morning: black coffee and gingerbread Carb Killa bar.
Skipped lunch.
Mid afternoon: black coffee and coffee chia pudding.
Dinner: bolognese with sautéed sliced courgette followed by SF rhubarb jelly, cream and LC nutty granola.

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Had a rubbish night’s sleep, as mouth and jaw sore on one side while I’d had my Covid booster in the opposite arm on Sunday and it’s painful too, so couldn’t lie comfortably either side!
Back to eating ‘normally’ as in normal food but eaten slowly on one side!
Late morning: black coffee and gingerbread Carb Killa bar.
Skipped lunch.
Mid afternoon: black coffee and coffee chia pudding.
Dinner: bolognese with sautéed sliced courgette followed by SF rhubarb jelly, cream and LC nutty granola.

Hope the soreness in your jaw subsides soon and you can get back to enjoying your food and to enjoying a good night's sleep.

Neil mistakenly opened a tin of sardines in olive oil - he was trying to find sardines in brine. So I needed to use up the sardines. Decided to experiment with sardine and tomato paste. It was a childhood favourite although my mother didn't like to buy it (having worked in Shipham's factory in London as a teenager). I used the tin and the oil and some cream cheese to make it less "sloppy" and quite a lot of tomato puree. Quite authentic tasting.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Lunch small sliced beetroot, peppers,celery sticks, a few nuts,sauerkraut, small pieces of Brie and Stilton served with buttered hm lc bread followed by berries with spoon of yoghurt and kefir with quark
Mid pm three squares of 90% choc - I’ve heard it can help the gut good excuse!
Dinner chicken roasted with a crust of a mix of Chinese spices served with a good salad and a gut friendly hm coleslawmade with chopped beetroot,sauerkraut, bit of carrot mixed with avocado oil mayo, spoon of turmeric and spoon of ginger (yum definitely a keeper for me )
Both meals look and sound amazing!

My evening meal tasted and looked amazing too. :hungry:
Thought to indulge in luxury veggies to complement the special occasion of having made a terrine. So I had a large portion of snow peas with butter and salt, and two kinds of salad leaves which both made me laugh when I asked google to translate. The one is supposed to be rocket (which doesn't make me think of salad at all) and the other is lamb's lettuce, which I think is cute. :joyful:
Had the salad with some onion, some sundried tomato and some funny little peppers I found at Lidl, and salt, pepper, olive oil and a splash of balsamic vinegar.
252258644_10224561989991566_2631244463823506187_n.jpg

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Both meals look and sound amazing!

My evening meal tasted and looked amazing too. :hungry:
Thought to indulge in luxury veggies to complement the special occasion of having made a terrine. So I had a large portion of snow peas with butter and salt, and two kinds of salad leaves which both made me laugh when I asked google to translate. The one is supposed to be rocket (which doesn't make me think of salad at all) and the other is lamb's lettuce, which I think is cute. :joyful:
Had the salad with some onion, some sundried tomato and some funny little peppers I found at Lidl, and salt, pepper, olive oil and a splash of balsamic vinegar.
252258644_10224561989991566_2631244463823506187_n.jpg
Funny my peppers were the little ones from Lidl too! Your terrine looks amazing well done on producing what GBBO would call a real showstopper....

Reactions: DEBBIESCOTT

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Really hungry last night but finally managed to go to sleep about 3am. Thought I might therefore have a nice low fbg, but no, still high 6s.
So breakfast was 2 scrambled eggs with ham followed by cream and some crunchy seeds I'm using up.
L: nuts and a chunk of cheddar
D: sausages (97% ones) made into a casserole some cabbage, some celeriac, 5 sad sprouts, a carrot, an onion and half a jar of bolognaise type sauce. Was surprisingly good.
Trying a later snack to see if it gets fbg down at all, so tonight was gouda crisps in the microwave followed by 1 sq 85% choc

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Three meals today as doubt will be eating much tomorrow after dentists so thought should eat well today
Breakfast two boiled eggs with hm lc roll
Lunch peppers, celery, tomatoes, a few nuts some vintage cheddar with three m and s seeded crackers followed by Greek yoghurt
Mid pm three squares of 90% choc
Dinner salmon in lemon butter with cauliflower cheese and asparagus and glass of dry white wine followed by DGF crumble and spoon of kefir with protein. (It’s a mix of kefir and quark to boost the protein)

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Breakfast: Coronation chicken. That's it all gone now. Quite enjoyed it while it lasted.

Lunch: Wouldn't normally have 3 meals, but even after the chicken I was hungry so I had 2 slices of wholemeal toast (about 25 g carb) with butter and sardine and tomato paste. Maybe I just imagined I was hungry because I knew it was there to be enjoyed.

Dinner: Twice cooked pork belly slices. Poached them first in chicken stock and then fried them until crisp. While frying them, I also quickly cooked some chunks of cabbage in the broth. So I have some tasty broth to use tomorrow.

The new garage has told us that the problem with the catalytic converter in the Scenic is just a clamp that holds the pipe from the manifold onto the cat. It will take about half an hour to fix it. There is work to be done on the suspension before it can be MOT'd, which needs a couple of parts, but it should be a very quick job - to be done next Thursday. It may yet run into the hundreds, but not the thousands quoted by the other garage. And it won't involve dismantling the engine to get to it. I don't think we'll be using that first garage again, although Neil has been a loyal customer of theirs for many years.

This Saturday there is supposed to be an event in Stornoway for which I am to provide cakes but just now covid seems to be rife in the town, so I don't know if it will go ahead, so am unsure whether to make cakes or not. The event is for children and parents will come along but the big problem just now seems to be Stornoway Primary School and loads of people are having to self isolate (120 children from the school and their families).

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Got side tracked by a phone interview / appointment being earlier that planned yesterday so no menu posted.

Three slice of middle bacon, two egg and cheese omelette, tomatoes and a small portion of baked beans for breakfast.
No smoko as on the phone, just my lemon cordial mix my partner made up for me.
Two medium size chicken legs, mixed salad, lemon jelly with a couple of spoonfuls of mango sorbet for lunch.
Toasted cheese and onion samdwiches for supper at six.

jape

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
The one is supposed to be rocket (which doesn't make me think of salad at all) and the other is lamb's lettuce, which I think is cute. :joyful:

Here in North America, we refer to rocket as arugula. No idea what lamb's lettuce would be???? What are those two leafy salads in Dutch?