What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks @Antje77. All's well that ends well. I was feeling rather excluded because I could see other people getting onto the forum and I thought I must have broken some rule inadvertently and nobody would tell me.
We don't randomly hand out bans for inadvertently breaking rules!

Reactions: DJC3

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Monday 8 November - bed 7 6 FBG 7.8. It was nice to have no reaction to the covid vaccine. Let breakfast until I got back. Boys had succumbed to the bug we had so I had a unexpected rest day.

B. TAG and 2 slices of SLC toast - one with pate, one with salmon mousse.
L. Nothing
D. Remains of the prawns and smoked salmon with lettuce, 1/2 avocado, santini tomatoes, gouda cheese and 3 M&S crackers. Later I had a DGF Vegan brownie warmed in the microwave. The aroma was amazing. Had it with blackberries and brand cream that I got in Sainsbury's which was a lovely addition.

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@Rachox ouch for your dry socket hope it resolves soon
Lunch left over frittata with a few walnuts followed by yoghurt
Mid pm two squares of 90% chocolate
Dinner chicken roast with Indian spices with salads accompanied by glass of soda water with dash of dry white followed by lc blondie and spoon of kefir and protein

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@shelley262 thank you for those kind words yesterday.
@Rachox sorry to hear about the dry socket. Son- in Law also has that now after tooth extraction last week. It sounds miserable.
@maglil55 sorry about the bug doing the rounds with the family, but I’m glad to hear there was no reaction to your booster jab. I agree those DGF vegan fudge brownies are amazing.
@MrsA2 hope you are migraine free today
Glad you got back on the forum @Annb but sorry to hear of your troubles at present.

No breakfast today as I have a Hiit session in the park on Tuesdays and the trainer is merciless so I end up feeling a bit sick. Eating beforehand would be a bad idea.

Lunch- Turkey breast, chilli sauerkraut and salad with seeds.
Dinner- h/m burger in lettuce wrap topped with ‘Funky Chilli Raclette’ jolly nice. Salad of courgettes, cherry toms, olives and avocado. DGF blondie.

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Wednesday 3 November bed 6.3 FBG 6.7. I do hope everyone is feeling better what with dental visits and isolation. We're still a bit congested but it's starting to clear finally. My booster is on 8 November and I'm told to attend and they'll decide then whether to rebook me or not. I'm refusing both and I've booked at Boots at the end of the month for the flu jab.

B. TAG and 2 slices of SLC toast and egg mayo.
L. Nothing
D. Prawns, lettuce, 1/2 avocado and poached salmon. DGF Cookie.

Thursday 4 November bed 6.3 FBG 6.6

B. TAG and 2 slices of SLC toast with whipped cheese.
L. Nothing
D. Cauliflower and Kale soup. Slice of SLC bread.

Friday 5 November bed 6.4 FBG 6.6

B. TAG and 2 slices of SLC toast with whipped cheese.
L. Nothing
D. Bunless cheeseburger with salad and coleslaw.. Last DGF cookie (but I ordered more)
Snapsies I got my flu jag at Boots - I didn't fancy having covid booster and flu jag at same time

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Welcome back all who were locked out of the forum, it was strangley quiet without you all.

B: yoghurt seeds and blackberries, 2 slices lc cheesy soda bread (thought I might miss lunch later)
Exercise class (quite a hard one, lots of arms)
Walk with a friend and her mum and 2 dogs. Lovely autumn colours
L: camembert, avocado, coleslaw, 2 yogurt jellies
Dance class
D: h/m chicken curry with butternut squash. One more yoghurt jelly
Oh, and a glass of red as am really tired!

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Brunch - 2 egg mayo sandwiches on slc bread. Mug of earl grey tea

Dinner - 2 bratwurst sausages on a slc hot dog roll with a little 50% less sugar & salt ketchup. I dgf cookie with another cup of earl grey

@Rachox ouch for the dry socket - sounds painful - take care x

@Annb I couldn't get logged in either for a few days but seems fine today

@maglil55 I hope you are feeling better - did you have any reaction at all or feel unwell after you had the Pfizer vaccines? as I think that is probably what I will be getting but a bit worried as I also have a few allergies I don't fancy the moderna as my son had that one and never got out of bed until 7pm the following day - he says he felt worse after having the vaccine that he did when he had covid!

Virtual hugs for anyone I have missed x

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks @Antje77. All's well that ends well. I was feeling rather excluded because I could see other people getting onto the forum and I thought I must have broken some rule inadvertently and nobody would tell me.

Had my 2 lamb chops for breakfast. Didn't enjoy them, sadly and was feeling that food was stuck in my throat. Eventually had a couple of teaspoons of yoghurt and that sorted it out. Beginning to feel a bit peckish now so will probably have scrambled eggs for lunch.

Actually managed to get 2 delivery slots from Tesco one on 20th and one on 27th November. I've decided to try some ready-made food, which I normally wouldn't dream of, but it would mean that there would be something to eat without much effort, or without standing cooking for too long. I have been using my rollator (it has a seat on it) when I need to get around or to get to a slightly higher level than seated on a chair, but there is a distance between me and the cooking surface which is an uncomfortable reach but better than sitting in the wheelchair - it's far too low for my kitchen surfaces.

Ann, has anyone ever suggested a perching stool to you?

They tend to be a stool (funnily enough), but at almost standing height. They're usually adjustable. Some have a shallow back for support and most have low arms on the sides for pushing up.

When my Mum's mobility got bad, she was recommended one by the OT, who supplied it and ensured it was set up for her dimensions. It lived in the kitchen, and enabled her to cook and work at a worktop, and to do her ironing - there's nothing in front of it. She loved things properly ironed.

If you Google "Perching Stool" or "Fatigue Stool", you should find some decent links.

To be on-track, I will declare lamb chump for dinner and a massive vat of soup made earlier in the IP. I'll be on shift at the Vaccine Hub tomorrow, with my shift 08:30-13:30, so nice and warming when I get home. MrB takes a small flask to golf as a tasty warming drink on the way around. Last time I hadn't blended it quite smoothly enough, which hampered his enjoyment as bits got stuck a the drinking aperture.

Oh well. Never mind.

Reactions: DEBBIESCOTT

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@shelley262 and @DJC3 - This bug has been truly nasty. Boys have bounced back today but we still have an early morning cough. At least the congestion is clearing now but I still don't feel "normal". @Mrs T 123 - There was no way I was having both the same day. Hubby was ill for a couple of days after and he doesn't have allergies. I just wasn't prepared to take the chance. I booked at Boots at the Fort as they did say I'd have no chance of rebooking through the system and I'd gave to pay for it. Tell me what I already know! That centralised system is totally useless.

B. TAG and 2 slices of SLC toast with salmon mousse.
L Nothing
D. A 4 cheese bake with avocado slices, slices of SLC toast, 3 M&S Crackers and 6 slices of mini German sausage. DGF cookies arrived today so I had to try the Lemon along with the choc chip. Lemon is delicious (they made their escape from Peterborough @Mrs T 123 without an overnight stay!)

I agree @DJC3 - The vegan brownie is amazing. The only one I don't like is the white chocolate with the raspberry sprinkles. Very sickly.

By the way, DGF are having to increase their prices soon. Quite understandable with the price of ingredients but worth it to have someone else do the work.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
By the way, DGF are having to increase their prices soon. Quite understandable with the price of ingredients but worth it to have someone else do the work.

Completely agree!
Edit to add - I’m cross as yet again I forgot to save today’s DGF cake to watch GBBO with.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Brunch - 2 egg mayo sandwiches on slc bread. Mug of earl grey tea

Dinner - 2 bratwurst sausages on a slc hot dog roll with a little 50% less sugar & salt ketchup. I dgf cookie with another cup of earl grey

@Rachox ouch for the dry socket - sounds painful - take care x

@Annb I couldn't get logged in either for a few days but seems fine today

@maglil55 I hope you are feeling better - did you have any reaction at all or feel unwell after you had the Pfizer vaccines? as I think that is probably what I will be getting but a bit worried as I also have a few allergies I don't fancy the moderna as my son had that one and never got out of bed until 7pm the following day - he says he felt worse after having the vaccine that he did when he had covid!

Virtual hugs for anyone I have missed x
First 2 jabs were Pfizer. I had a mild allergic reaction to both jabs. It was pretty much instantaneous. I could feel it from the injection site up into my jaw and the side of my face. Just a numbness. Fingers started to swell first jab but not second. The first jab it lasted about 45 mins then passed over. 2nd it was only about 15 mins but they kept me 30 mins.
Booster was Moderna and I had absolutely no reaction. I've a slight tenderness at the injection site today but otherwise nothing. Just goes to show we're all different.

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Ann, has anyone ever suggested a perching stool to you?

They tend to be a stool (funnily enough), but at almost standing height. They're usually adjustable. Some have a shallow back for support and most have low arms on the sides for pushing up.

When my Mum's mobility got bad, she was recommended one by the OT, who supplied it and ensured it was set up for her dimensions. It lived in the kitchen, and enabled her to cook and work at a worktop, and to do her ironing - there's nothing in front of it. She loved things properly ironed.

If you Google "Perching Stool" or "Fatigue Stool", you should find some decent links.

Those stools look very interesting. So many to choose from though. I'll have to have a think about those. Thanks for the suggestion. I hadn't thought of a high stool.

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Reactions: maglil55

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Three slice of middle bacon, two egg and cheese omelette, tomatoes for breakfast.
Tub of greek yoghurt, lemon cordial with Osmolax mix in for smoko.
Chicken legs and green veggies and gravy, sugar free orange jelly for lunch.
Two slices of low carb cheese and vegimite toast for supper at six.

We had a humdinger of a electrical storm last night, very windy had to shut the kitchen window as we were getting some fine spray coming through the fly screen from the rain.

It looks like the gutter is either blocked with rubbish or it's got a hole in it as there was alot of water running down from that area.

We had 50ml of rain all told yesterday which is a good start to the rainy season,

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Plan was to go grocery shopping yesterday after my endo appointment.
Appointment went utterly wonderful, but i was knackered afterwards so I decided to postpone the groceries until today after swimming.
Forgot I didn't have time after swimming because they were coming to do something with my electricity meter so no groceries and had to steal from the guinea pig's stash.

Discovered kale soup is very tasty!
Kale, onion, some leek, garlic, a chilli pepper, some spices, stock cube and a chorizo sausage found in the freezer.
Good thing it tasted good, as there is enough left for two more days!

Next time I'll remember to wash the kale before cooking if not store bought, my kale was sold along the roadside. Good thing the sand tends to sink to the bottom, dogs and cat much enjoyed the last bit, sand and all! :hilarious:

254580902_10224600787201472_6139894388427163573_n.jpg