What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello
B. Raspberries and cream

L. Coyo yoghurt and slice of bfree toast

D. Mince n onions with carrots and mashed celeriac

Reactions: 9 people

GeoffersTaylor

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Not being able to like beer anymore!!
Today's delightful box of yum...

B - Bacon with mayonnaise
L - Rump tails in garlic oil
D - mashed avocado on half a Lidl roll
S - stella artois, cocoa & cream.

Reactions: 13 people

Russetfox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Fresh tomatoes :(
B Coffee and cream x2
L Toasted protein roll and peanut butter
D Chicken breast,celeriac chips,coleslaw and ketchup
S Hot choc,lindt 90% choc, brazil nuts

Reactions: 12 people

Scimama

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
B: ground flax seeds, flaked almonds and full fat yogurt
L: raw green pepper, spoonful of hummus, olives, cube of edam
D: mixed vegetable stir fry with courgette noodles, square of 85% dark chocolate

Reactions: 14 people

zzcanasta

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
B: Decided, in a moment of foolishness, to skip and have at 11am as brunch. Took it to work.
10.00am - ravenous
10.30 - obsessed by the thought of the breakfast I hadn't yet eaten.
11.00 - ate 'brunch' - small portion of Greek yoghurt with the usual suspects added. From a Tupperware box. Licked the last remnants out of the box when I was alone. Felt about 7 years old.
L: Went clothes shopping to see if I'd fit into W30 jeans (been W32 for ever). Hallelujah moment when they fitted perfectly.
1.00pm - growing realisation that I hadn't eaten enough. Headache beginning. Emergency dash to Tesco (150 yds away) for 'hot and spicy' sausage. Not particularly hot or spicy, but hit the spot.
D: Fillet of sea bass fried in olive oil and butter. Green salad with couple of cherry toms and some 4-bean salad mixed in. Two squares of brie (narrow end). Spoonful of Greek yoghurt on the salad. Tangerine.

Moral of the story: Realised I need to eat breakfast before I go to work, otherwise I get no meaningful work done all morning. Another life lesson learnt.

Reactions: 7 people

RetroHelen

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Ah but you have come to right place then! This is the section for low carbers you see and for many, not all but many, low carbing helps immensly with normalising blood sugar.

Have a look at LCHF for example www.dietdoctor.com/lchf
Dr Josh Axe has been my method for 2 years Low Carb, as well as Dr Brian Mowll - functionally trained doctors are the best - and some of Mark Sisson's Daily Apple blog. Had Egg, cheese and steamed brocolli omelette - breakfast; Cauli cheese, chicken and Brussel Sprouts for dinner; some nuts for snacks and Almond milk hot cocoa and spring water drinks (I don't drink the tap water here as I have thyroid issues and the water is flouridated in this area; flouride is an antagonist of iodine). Retinal bleed has solved and blood sugars well down on this diet.

Reactions: 12 people

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B: coffeencream
S: kale crisps with cinnamon and cacao - oh yes. My late night Amazon raid yielded some unexpected treasures. Only problem is that now all the prices have hiked. Either I timed my swoop perfectly, or my purchases made the sellers realise they had priced mistakenly low. Ah well, I shall enjoy every morsel and not reorder at the new silly-high price
L: mozarrella beef tomato and olives
D: courgette, mussels and prawns in cheese sauce smothered in black pepper. Lindt lime choc.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 10 people

FranOnTheEdge

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Coriander leaf, chillis, celery, sausages,
Ugg bread http://www.uggfoods.com/products/chia-seed-and-nut-bread
It is rather expensive but can be sliced thinly. Toasts well, good with pate, boiled eggs and making sandwiches!
Thanks Mongolia. I'll look for that one. I seem to be having a fair amount of trouble finding breads that people recommend, I was wanting the low carb Sainsbury's one, "Hi/Lo Bread with sunflower seeds" but they were out of it... At least the girl I asked had heard of it, most of the time people have never heard of what I'm asking for...

Yesterday:
BTEgg and Veg
2Yoghurts
banana
testing after each one, all fine, then:
D: chicken and veg cooked in the same tray that the Asda version canme in, mine was just as nice but gravy was thinner (I used no cornflour or other flours to thicken so...) tasted lovely though. But I fell asleep and forgot to test that.

Today
B:
TEggNVegCrop2SM2_zpsqrb3pd8n.jpg

Scrummy, but I can see I'm falling into a rut again.

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
Day 3 of Week 2 of 8 Week Blood Sugar Diet. FBG 5.4

Breakfast: Total Greek yoghurt with a teaspoon of Monin gingerbread sugar free syrup (much, much nicer than the Asda Greek yogurt but not as nice as the Lidl Turkish one)

Lunch: (same as yesterday) Cod wrapped in 2 slices of Lidl wafer thin Black Forest ham then baked with peppers, cherry tomatoes, fennel and broccoli all roasted together with a sprinkle of M&S smokey Firepit spices.

Work meal: bag of mixed salad leaves, raw sliced peppers, 3 cherry tomatoes, and some cold thick sliced roast beef (out of a packet.

After work supper: Individual bar of Aldi Moser Roth 75% Chocolate

Yesterday was interesting. I stayed within my 800 calorie limit but (due to extra vegetables) my carbs went up to 45g instead of my usual 20-30g. The increase only affected my BG a tiny bit and I stayed between 4.8 and 5.6 all day. The extra carbs seemed to give me a bit more energy which was great as yesterday was a very challenging day at work.

Reactions: 4 people

muzza3

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Cauliflower pretending to be rice and any vegetable pretending to be pasta
Day 3 of Week 2 of 8 Week Blood Sugar Diet. FBG 5.4

Breakfast: Total Greek yoghurt with a teaspoon of Monin gingerbread sugar free syrup (much, much nicer than the Asda Greek yogurt but not as nice as the Lidl Turkish one)

Lunch: (same as yesterday) Cod wrapped in 2 slices of Lidl wafer thin Black Forest ham then baked with peppers, cherry tomatoes, fennel and broccoli all roasted together with a sprinkle of M&S smokey Firepit spices.

Work meal: bag of mixed salad leaves, raw sliced peppers, 3 cherry tomatoes, and some cold thick sliced roast beef (out of a packet.

After work supper: Individual bar of Aldi Moser Roth 75% Chocolate

Yesterday was interesting. I stayed within my 800 calorie limit but (due to extra vegetables) my carbs went up to 45g instead of my usual 20-30g. The increase only affected my BG a tiny bit and I stayed between 4.8 and 5.6 all day. The extra carbs seemed to give me a bit more energy which was great as yesterday was a very challenging day at work.
Hi Chook
Well done!! Particularly on getting thru a hard day at work.

Reactions: 2 people

Rosbif

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Breakfast: my usual fromage blanc but spiked with extra cream, with broken raspberries
Lunch (planned): tomato soup, mandarin, maybe some goat's cheese wrapped in ham
Dinner (planned): burgers (100% beef) with cheese, bacon, tomato, etc with buns for husband, without buns for me

s.sollis

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
B: coffee with cream.
L: mackerel with four bean salad with lambs lettuce and mango, lime and chilli dressing.
D: stuffed mushroom with tomatoes, spring onions and spinage with cheese. More four bean salad.
S: 3 sesame ryvita, pickled egg, actimel drink. Water throughout day.

FranOnTheEdge

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Coriander leaf, chillis, celery, sausages,
Scrambled eggs in avocado oil or some other kind of healthy oil

Bacon or pork that has not got maple flavoring or anything else done to it, fried or nuked

tea (plain, skip the cream). You can have fake sugar but avoid the yellow and blue packet kinds

You can survive on this and it will not raise you at all
Oh dear! Avoid the yellow? That's the Sainsbury's sweetener, and the one I've been using. What's wrong with it?

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello everybody
B. Raspberries and cream

L. 2 mini bels and a pales Brazil nut and cherry bar

D. 2 scallops. Sirloin steak, tomato and onion salad and a cheese sauce and a mushroom. ( naughtiness 2 pieces of garlic bread)

Reactions: 8 people

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B: coffeencream
S: kale crisps - getting addicted now
L: out at beach cafe on dog walk - 3 bacon, 1 egg, 1 slice fried bread, about a tablespoon of v sweet beans :depressed:
D: tinned salmon in lemon mayo, green salad with balsamic vinegar.

May have berriesncream later

D

debrasue

B: Ham & eggs
L: Half an avocado with tuna & Greek yoghurt, salad leaves, 4 squares Chocologic sugar-free dark chocolate (which is really good - thanks @Kyi!)
D: Cheese, tomatoes, cucumber, roasted red peppers; strawberries & Greek yoghurt with Monin sugar-free caramel syrup
Cals 1339; Carbs 47.8
BG 5s and 6s today

Last edited:

Russetfox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Fresh tomatoes :(
B 3 bacon,2 fried eggs and mushrooms