What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

Lainie71

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
The term "big boned" lol repeatedly told this growing up!
I asked because you said you were hungry. If you're hungry, you might need more food!

Had my aunt over for lunch, so instead of my usual slice of low carb bread, I defrosted a piece of the terrine I made a few weeks back to have with a side salad and some snow peas.
Aunt was very impressed! :happy:

Evening meal will be more of the same I guess.
I think I was more hungry yesterday due to the extra hard work out I did. The cold weather seems to make me hungry too - I think

Tori71

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
OK , despite telling myself I wouldn't buy more DGF until I cleared some of the many boxes in the freezer, I succumbed and more cookies and a box of the Christmas mincemeat pies arrived today.
Been away from the site for a while and I can't for the life in me remember what DGF stands for. The mincemeat pies sound delicious @maglil55 , I suddenly have a hankering for them. Can you remind me of the site please so that I can order some?

Reactions: maglil55

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Reactions: maglil55 and Tori71

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Hungry day today for me - maybe the cold weather
Brunch bacon and egg with hm lc roll followed by Lc brownie with yoghurt
Mid pm three squares of 90% chocolate and a few nuts
Dinner Cajun spiced chicken with salads and glass of soda water with dash of dry white wine followed by DGF crumble warmed and eaten with spoon of yoghurt.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all, and welcome back @Tori71
@Goonergal and @maglil55 I think now that the BG issue yesterday may have been due to the last couple of strips in the pot going off - perhaps getting damp. Also today the battery light on the meter flashed so perhaps a combo of both, either way I had to do some deep breathing exercises to calm down lol.
Today B- black coffee and a horrible Hiit session in the park. I don’t know why I put myself through it really.
L- quick mackerel pate, 1/2 avocado and chilli sauerkraut, followed by DGF cake.
D- chicken & mushroom cobbler with spinach, I used @PenguinMum ‘s cheese scone recipe for the topping and it worked really well. I’m saving the last DGF cake for bake off
@maglil55 my Mince pies are stuck in Peterborough it seems, in spite of Royal Mail telling me they’d be delivered today.

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Up early (for me) by 8:30 for a zoom with Australia so had 2 scrambled eggs with spinach and cheese and a coffee with cream
10:30 exercise class
12:30 lunch of a cold chicken leg - think there was soemthing else but can't remember what.
Dancing followed by a lc hot chocolate
5:30 veg stew with 2 97% sausages and a sprinkle of cheese on top. 2 squares of 90% chocolate
Who's ready for the bakeoff final tonight?

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
@Goonergal and @maglil55 I think now that the BG issue yesterday may have been due to the last couple of strips in the pot going off - perhaps getting damp. Also today the battery light on the meter flashed so perhaps a combo of both, either way I had to do some deep breathing exercises to calm down lol.
Today B- black coffee and a horrible Hiit session in the park. I don’t know why I put myself through it really.
L- quick mackerel pate, 1/2 avocado and chilli sauerkraut, followed by DGF cake.
D- chicken & mushroom cobbler with spinach, I used @PenguinMum ‘s cheese scone recipe for the topping and it worked really well. I’m saving the last DGF cake for bake off
@maglil55 my Mince pies are stuck in Peterborough it seems, in spite of Royal Mail telling me they’d be delivered today.
Hug for delivery stuck in Peterborough
@MrsA2 cant wait for bake off but already eaten more than my daily quota of lc baked goods so hoping not to be tempted!

Reactions: maglil55 and DJC3

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Who's ready for the bakeoff final tonight?
Wish I could watch it when it comes on in your country!
I'll watch the semi final tonight instead, and wait for the final to become available on the internet.

Reactions: DJC3

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I'll watch the semi final tonight instead, and wait for the final to become available on the internet.
We won't give any spoilers!
I have made my boys proper plum crumble to eat while watching though. I've treated myself to an Armagnac

Reactions: maglil55 and Annb

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Peterborough & Royal Mail can be a proper pain ... not again with Peterborough, I suppose they have been behaving themselves for a while now ...too good to last ...

Reactions: maglil55 and DJC3

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
I was asking No 2 son about hold-ups in the mail and he is mystified. His office certainly wouldn't get away with such delays.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I had a health related letter delayed recently, I got it a month later than it should have been, and only then because I went to the sorting office looking for a parcel that was missing too!

Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries washed down with a black coffee.
Late morning: black coffee and a food Dr brownie bar.
Skipped lunch.
Mid afternoon: black coffee and an Atkins bar.
Dinner: lemon and pepper chicken with Brussels, green beans and a couple of baby carrots followed by SF jelly and cream.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
And the winner is………….:link:

Reactions: maglil55

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Been away from the site for a while and I can't for the life in me remember what DGF stands for. The mincemeat pies sound delicious @maglil55 , I suddenly have a hankering for them. Can you remind me of the site please so that I can order some?
Deliciouslyguiltfree

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
They'll arrive tomorrow. @Mrs T 123 and myself are experts in DGF having a holiday in Peterborough!

Reactions: DJC3

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Peterborough & Royal Mail can be a proper pain ... not again with Peterborough, I suppose they have been behaving themselves for a while now ...too good to last ...

That’s what I thought - I remember a lot of people having problems a while back, it’s never happened to me though so I guess it’s my turn.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I was asking No 2 son about hold-ups in the mail and he is mystified. His office certainly wouldn't get away with such delays.

It only seems to be Peterborough and unfortunately all the DGF goods go there first.