What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
They'll arrive tomorrow. @Mrs T 123 and myself are experts in DGF having a holiday in Peterborough!

Hope so, my daughter told me we are running low on supplies - turns out there are only 3 boxes in the freezer!
This delivery was already delayed to begin with - they sent an email last week saying there had been a problem with the milk chocolate so my delivery was held up. I hadn’t actually ordered milk chocolate though. They were v apologetic when I pointed this out and said it would be shipped immediately. Neither of us factored in Peterborough.

Reactions: maglil55

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Two slices of middle bacon, two egg and cheese omelette, tomatoes and mushrooms for breakfast
Chobani greek yoghurt, lemon cordial and Osmolax mix for smoko.
Savoury liver and bacon, gree veggies, tub of low sugar pineapple jelly for lunch.
Cold chicken leg, and some mixed salad, for supper at six.

It's going to get a bit crowded here shortly as the clash of the titans coming up. Blue Care nurse and the woman that cuts my hair are both in the same time slot. Oooops!

Edit: changed class to clash.

Last edited:

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hope so, my daughter told me we are running low on supplies - turns out there are only 3 boxes in the freezer!
This delivery was already delayed to begin with - they sent an email last week saying there had been a problem with the milk chocolate so my delivery was held up. I hadn’t actually ordered milk chocolate though. They were v apologetic when I pointed this out and said it would be shipped immediately. Neither of us factored in Peterborough.
There is nothing worse you are sooo looking forward to your order arriving and then it doesn't! That's what I like about slc, I order one day and receive it the next, by using DPD, delivery is a little more expensive but worth it imo.

Reactions: maglil55 and DJC3

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Peterborough & Royal Mail can be a proper pain ... not again with Peterborough, I suppose they have been behaving themselves for a while now ...too good to last ...
I was surprised this week when I got the Royal Mail text saying they'd deliver next day. Usually it's 2 days if they are residing in Peterborough. My logic is if, on the history it hasn't left Peterborough, allow 2 days. We are getting to the time of year when it will potentially be longer.

Reactions: DJC3

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I'll get some onto the next shopping list and see how we go.

Just back from an appointment with the hospital dietician. I mentioned replacing some drinks with coconut milk but she just pulled a face. She's trying to be helpful, I think, but can only suggest keeping up the carbs but reducing the calories.

I reiterated that I am only having 2 meals a day now, which ought to reduce the calories anyway, but no, that's npot good enough; it must be 3 meals, with carbs at regular times through the day but reduced calories.:banghead: She was also not very happy when I told her that so far I have had 3 Cream Crackers (this was 2.15pm but is still the case now at 4pm). Not really hungry yet. But I do have some cabbage prepared for later. I'll steam and then fry it in butter and add some other bits and pieces (bacon, apple, sweet pepper and maybe some tomato). I'm doing this because it was a big cabbage and I have it all shredded, ready to go and I want to use it up. Dietician would not be happy with either the butter or the bacon. Can't be many calories in that meal though.

My new backrest arrived this morning. I notice that it says on the instructions "weight restriction: 17 st." I am 171/2 stone, but I'll give it a try.
Having mentioned cabbage with butter and black pepper the other day, my mind is now wondering about putting corned beef through it or will it spoil my buttered cabbage memories?

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Having mentioned cabbage with butter and black pepper the other day, my mind is now wondering about putting corned beef through it or will it spoil my buttered cabbage memories?

Worth a try, if you like corned beef.

So far, just a slice of wholemeal toast with butter. I didn't do anything with the cabbage last night because I suddenly came over all unnecessary. That has lasted through to this morning but I have given the cabbage a quick steam to make it ready for using later, when I feel a bit more energetic. I'll sweat off the bacon and other bits and pieces in butter and then finish off by stirring the cabbage in, maybe with some more butter. Causes twinges of hunger just thinking about it. That's a good sign.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Monday bed 7 9 FBG 7.8.

B. TAG and 2 slices of SLC toast with egg mayo.

L some of the coconut milk.

D. Using up cold cuts. Ham, coronation chicken, roast beef, ox tongue, mortadella and mini German sausage. Coleslaw, 1/2 avocado and santini tomatoes. DGF choc chip cookie.

I was wondering why I haven't had cabbage for ages then, I remembered! It goes way back to when @Chook, @Brunneria and myself did the 2 week diet Doctor menu. It was the days when the system was nowhere near as efficient as it is now. We got the cabbage quantities horribly wrong and dubbed it "Cabbagegate". Cabbage was everywhere! We couldn't move for flaming cabbage. It's taken a while for the thought of enjoying cabbage to return.

Lainie71

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
The term "big boned" lol repeatedly told this growing up!
Left over corned beef and a handful of rocket whilst waiting for my tea to brew. Husband often finds me scavenging in the fridge for left overs and orders me to get a plate :hilarious:

Reactions: maglil55 and DJC3

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Black coffee until 10:30 when the DGF delivery arrived! Had to try a mince pie, really liked the Christmassy flavours but the pastry won’t be to anyone else in my family’s taste - which makes them even better in my book.
@Lainie71 I tend to freeze them on arrival ( mix the boxes up a bit so you get a variety in each box when you defrost ) then take out a box at a time - they’ll last a couple of weeks at least in the fridge.
Lunch was the last bit of calves liver and bacon followed by another DGF cake ( cranberry and orange from the mixed Christmas selection)
Dinner was braised steak with cauli and broccoli mash
@maglil55 I remember you and the others talking about cabbagegate - it’s made me very careful when following the DD meal plans.

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
That sounds like it would very nice new memories! Yummy

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Something odd going through - not sure if it's a cold or a migraine- spent the morning asleep in bed and the afternoon curled up in a chair reading about migraines.

L: whole avocado, bit of ham, lettuce and cucumber. Tried sprinkling that with avocado oil. Very nice.
8 blackberries with ff greek

D: fritatta with ham and cheese. Green beans on the side. Chopped nuts, 90% choc with cream.

Supposed to be going out tonight to a WI meeting where they make sugar centre pieces. I like the creative bit but not the sugar...

Debmcgee

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Have been experimenting in the kitchen last couple of nights…Last night’s dinner was rib eye steak with a creamy garlic sauce and green beans - I was tempted to lick the plate!

Tonight I tried making chicken and cream cheese roll ups in air fryer - sooo good!! Had with leftover beans.

Lainie71

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Only a week or so in fridge but freeze really well for 2 months and warm well from frozen.
Like @DJC3 i also mix up my boxes so more choice when get out of freezer
Many thanks for that x

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I was surprised this week when I got the Royal Mail text saying they'd deliver next day. Usually it's 2 days if they are residing in Peterborough. My logic is if, on the history it hasn't left Peterborough, allow 2 days. We are getting to the time of year when it will potentially be longer.
Interesting - when I get the text & email from Royal Mail it always says delivery is for the next day and all going well as they have done recently have been delivered next day but as you say we are coming to that time of year when delays will probably happen ...

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Worth a try, if you like corned beef.

So far, just a slice of wholemeal toast with butter. I didn't do anything with the cabbage last night because I suddenly came over all unnecessary. That has lasted through to this morning but I have given the cabbage a quick steam to make it ready for using later, when I feel a bit more energetic. I'll sweat off the bacon and other bits and pieces in butter and then finish off by stirring the cabbage in, maybe with some more butter. Causes twinges of hunger just thinking about it. That's a good sign.

Had my cabbage and bits. Tasted fine although I didn't really want it and I ended up feeling nauseous again. Now have a bad headache - unusual for me and I'm still tired and pretty sore. Must be a bit of a bug.

Lainie71

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Have been experimenting in the kitchen last couple of nights…Last night’s dinner was rib eye steak with a creamy garlic sauce and green beans - I was tempted to lick the plate!

Tonight I tried making chicken and cream cheese roll ups in air fryer - sooo good!! Had with leftover beans.
I have been know to lick the plate in Wetherspoons of all places which also included a pea fight, was also in the company of family - this was all before diagnosis which I am putting down to the diagnosis - honest :nailbiting:

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Interesting - when I get the text & email from Royal Mail it always says delivery is for the next day and all going well as they have done recently have been delivered next day but as you say we are coming to that time of year when delays will probably happen ...

Our posties have just had their last day off work until Christmas. They really do work flat out and I can only assume that other offices do the same, so how stuff gets held back, I can't imagine. Of course, as my dad used to tell me, the post office has never been the same since he left.