What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Like others here, the cold weather has made me hungry. Our boiler has packed up too so it looks like we’ll be cold for a bit longer ( can’t get an engineer out until 8th Dec)
Breakfast- eggs on cheese on LC toast.
Lunch- sliced turkey breast, sauerkraut, olives, cottage cheese and greenery. DGF vegan fudge brownie
D- minute steak, fried egg, Halloumi. 2x HC 85% batons

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I had the Moderna booster vaccine yesterday and felt nauseous up until 1pm today and then I didn't know whether I would feel better or worse by eating so I had just light food today:-

1.30pm - 1 dgf lemon cookie (I was really glad I had these in the freezer) & mug of earl grey tea

4.30pm - 2 slc bread cheese sandwiches. 1 dgf raspberry white chocolate blondie with a little cream. Mug of earl grey

When I could be bothered testing at 1pm today my BG was 11.2! yikes then at 4.30pm before I had the sandwiches it was 8! I tested 2 hours after the sandwiches and it was back to an acceptable 6.2 - boy did I feel so rough this morning and it showed in my BGs - I am pleased to say I feel a lot better and more alive now ... :)

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries washed down with a black coffee.
Late morning: black coffee and a mint Carb Killa bar.
Skipped lunch.
Mid afternoon: black coffee and a DGF choc chip cookie.
Dinner: LC peppered mackerel and tuna fish cakes with Brussels and runner beans followed by SF jelly and cream.

Botterblom

I just eat once a day. I had the last of a pork stew I made in the slowpot about 4 days ago with pork , mushrooms and an onion in it, 100g broccoli, 4 rye thins and an ounce of nuts. I am keeping my carbs below 20g as I wasn't losing weight when they were higher. All in All its going well, I have lost 45lb in 6 months - I was diagnosed type 2 in July.

Reactions: DJC3

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Up early to take cat for mot. Not used to having to scrape ice away since retiring so fortified myself with breakfast of ff greek with seeds and 3 walnuts

L: hash of yesterday's leftover veg and chicken mixed with an egg and the last of the blacksticks blue. Pudding of 2 small squares of lc cake with cream.

D: hubby's first try of lc katso chicken. I had mine with cabbage, boys had rice. The coating was interesting, first dipped in coconut flour, then egg, then a mix of cauliflower rice and either ground almonds or milled seeds. Plenty of spices added too.
A glass of red.
I've put the recipe in my cmt

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I just eat once a day.
Hi @Botterblom , welcome to the thread and the forum!
You're definitely not alone in eating only once a day. I think quite a few of our members do this regularly, although I'm not one of them.
Interesting username too, any Dutch or Friesian roots?

For everyone having the impression I always have inspired and interesting meals, I don't!
It's the time of year we Dutchies get all stressed because we need to get our Sinterklaas poems and surprises (surpreesuhs) ready before the big day on the 5th of december.

Very relieved I finally decided on the presents, and on the surprise, so I went out to brave the Action, a store where they sell just about everything, very cheap and usually of dubious quality.
I even made a start with my surprise, sewing buttons on socks to turn them into guinea pigs (all very logical if you're Dutch) and I have a few ideas for the poems too! :)

Long story short, cooking was the last thing on my mind, so I had a rookworst, which is a smoked and cooked very high meat content sausage, and called it a meal.
Will of course post a picture of my surprise when it's finished. :)

262873902_10224712871643513_2172110131947873358_n.jpg

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Reactions: Mrs T 123 and Annb

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Up early to take cat for mot. Not used to having to scrape ice away since retiring so fortified myself with breakfast of ff greek with seeds and 3 walnuts

L: hash of yesterday's leftover veg and chicken mixed with an egg and the last of the blacksticks blue. Pudding of 2 small squares of lc cake with cream.

D: hubby's first try of lc katso chicken. I had mine with cabbage, boys had rice. The coating was interesting, first dipped in coconut flour, then egg, then a mix of cauliflower rice and either ground almonds or milled seeds. Plenty of spices added too.
A glass of red.
I've put the recipe in my cmt

That Katso chicken looks great, thanks.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi @Botterblom , welcome to the thread and the forum!
You're definitely not alone in eating only once a day. I think quite a few of our members do this regularly, although I'm not one of them.
Interesting username too, any Dutch or Friesian roots?

For everyone having the impression I always have inspired and interesting meals, I don't!
It's the time of year we Dutchies get all stressed because we need to get our Sinterklaas poems and surprises (surpreesuhs) ready before the big day on the 5th of december.

Very relieved I finally decided on the presents, and on the surprise, so I went out to brave the Action, a store where they sell just about everything, very cheap and usually of dubious quality.
I even made a start with my surprise, sewing buttons on socks to turn them into guinea pigs (all very logical if you're Dutch) and I have a few ideas for the poems too! :)

Long story short, cooking was the last thing on my mind, so I had a rookworst, which is a smoked and cooked very high meat content sausage, and called it a meal.
Will of course post a picture of my surprise when it's finished. :)

262873902_10224712871643513_2172110131947873358_n.jpg

The sausage looks fabulous!
I’m very keen to see your surprise, is it something I could copy for my granddaughters who have 4 guinea pigs? I hope it’s acceptable to post a sewing recipe too.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I just eat once a day. I had the last of a pork stew I made in the slowpot about 4 days ago with pork , mushrooms and an onion in it, 100g broccoli, 4 rye thins and an ounce of nuts. I am keeping my carbs below 20g as I wasn't losing weight when they were higher. All in All its going well, I have lost 45lb in 6 months - I was diagnosed type 2 in July.

Welcome and well done on the weight loss, that’s a cracking result. Have you had your HbA1c checked recently? I bet it’s come down a lot.

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Two hard boiled eggs, two slices of low carb toast and vegimite for breakfast.
Nothing to eat, just my lemon cordial / osmolax mix drink for smoko.
Toasted cheese and tomato sandwich for lunch, as not hungry.
Tub of low sugar pineapple jelly, with lemon / lime sorbet on it for supper at six.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Reactions: maglil55 and DJC3