What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

Outlier

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
1 cup black tea, 3 mugs coffee with cream, brunch of home-made soup (chicken thigh, chopped greens, herb butter, olive oil, green pepper, a very few onion slices, lots of garlic, herbs and spices, chicken stock from yesterday's roast) through afternoon with fizzy water or black tea, supper will be steak, sprouts and green beans. I don't usually finish the steak even though it's a small one, so that will be part of tomorrow's brunch, thinly sliced with mushrooms and lardons.

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Lunch two boiled eggs with half a hm lc roll followed by yoghurt
Dinner lamb loin with roasted cauliflower and glass of soda water with dash of dry white wine followed by lc choc brownie warmed and served with spoon extra thick cream
Just had first lc DGF advent choc with decaff coffee and had mixed feelings I’m so adapted to 90 to 100% choc that it tasted a bit too sweet for me. I’m sure they will be eaten and enjoyed but my regular choc will probably stay in the 90% plus range.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I didn't feel like cooking my planned meal of stuffed bell peppers
Another day of not cooking.
One of my two goats is suddenly very ill. So between vets visiting, doing google searches, getting the goat comfortable, calling the vet again with the results of my google searches and requesting another medication, and finding the courage to inject the goat with a needle big enough to give any diabetic nightmares, I now have to decide what to eat. I guess it'll be another sandwich.
Fingers crossed for the goat, it doesn't look too good.
Pic of that needle here :wideyed::nurse:: https://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/type-1stars-r-us.150597/page-1558#post-2464406

I did visit the library to print my Sinterklaas poems though, but further work on the surprise will have to wait until tomorrow.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
So sorry about your goat @Antje77 I hope it’ll pull through, what a worry and what responsibility - that needle looks industrial.
First breakfast- Montezumas absolute black Advent calendar chocolate.
Second breakfast- fridge tidying pate on lc toast, sliced Turkey breast and olives.
Lunch- received delivery of lc pies from The Low Carb Food Co. I need to stop buying stuff! Had a pork pie ( 1g carb per pie!) pretty good, pastry not as crisp as a regular one but none of the white stodge underneath.
Dinner- small lamb chop, 1/2 gammon steak and a baked mushroom.
IMG_1638388748.730130.jpg

Reactions: maglil55

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
received delivery of lc pies from The Low Carb Food Co. I need to stop buying stuff! Had a pork pie ( 1g carb per pie!) pretty good, pastry not as crisp as a regular one but none of the white stodge underneath.View attachment 52274

Ooo, I have some of those pork pies and a couple of pizzas on order with my usual order of bread and bread rolls. Glad to hear there’s no white stodge, I was never very keen on that bit of a pork pie!

Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries washed down with a black coffee.
Late morning: black coffee and a phd bar.
Skipped lunch.
Mid afternoon: black coffee and a DGF choc chip cookie.
Dinner: bacon melts with Brussels and brocolli followed by SF jelly and cream.

Wish me luck for tomorrow, blood test to check that iron tablets and all this green veg has done the trick with my levels,

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Keep that away from my backside, I feel for that poor old goat.

Hope it recovers with what ever the $#@% you injected into him / her with that syringe.:arghh:
The goat is so far away it didn't even seem to notice the injection.
The injection was thiamine, B1, in case he has goat polio. Earlier today the vet treated him for listeriosis, which causes encephalitis. Symptoms are similar so treating for both seemed best. In both cases his chances aren't too good. We'll see.

Had a slice of lc bread with two eggs with Turkish sausage and cheese.

Reactions: DJC3

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Two slices of middle bacon, two egg and cheese omelette, mushrooms, two slices of low carb toast and vegimite for breakfast.
Tub of chobani greek yoghurt, lemon cordial mix for smoko.
Spicy seafood marinara in a spag bol sauce, small portion of reheated pasta spirals for lunch.
Mixed salad in a low carb wrap, tub of low sugar jelly for supper at six.

I was feeling a lot better in my guts yesterday, no problems with eating a decent size meal. :D

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
@Antje77 Aww poor wee goat - I hope it makes it - not easy for you having to be cruel to be kind in giving the injection - try and keep your chin up ...

Brunch - 2 slc bread slices toasted and filled with ham, coleslaw & cheese. Mug of earl grey

Dinner - gammon steak with fried egg on top. Cauliflower cheese.

@maglil55 Still no sign of the dgf delivery- despite it supposed to be delivered to me yesterday - STILL in Peterborough - I wonder if it is now lost there? so disappointed when I spend over £35 and now wonder about how fresh it will be if/when I receive it :arghh::banghead:

Reactions: maglil55

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
So sorry about your goat @Antje77 I hope it’ll pull through, what a worry and what responsibility - that needle looks industrial.
Second breakfast- fridge tidying pate on lc toast, sliced Turkey breast and olives.
Lunch- received delivery of lc pies from The Low Carb Food Co. I need to stop buying stuff! Had a pork pie ( 1g carb per pie!) pretty good, pastry not as crisp as a regular one but none of the white stodge underneath.
Dinner- small lamb chop, 1/2 gammon steak and a baked mushroom. View attachment 52274
I wasn't aware of this firm. How are their pies? It's the one thing I really miss and pastry is still a work in progress for me.

Reactions: DJC3

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@Antje77 Aww poor wee goat - I hope it makes it - not easy for you having to be cruel to be kind in giving the injection - try and keep your chin up ...

Brunch - 2 slc bread slices toasted and filled with ham, coleslaw & cheese. Mug of earl grey

Dinner - gammon steak with fried egg on top. Cauliflower cheese.

@maglil55 Still no sign of the dgf delivery- despite it supposed to be delivered to me yesterday - STILL in Peterborough - I wonder if it is now lost there? so disappointed when I spend over £35 and now wonder about how fresh it will be if/when I receive it :arghh::banghead:
Mine had a 1 December date. Suspect yours will be later. I'm surprised they didn't arrive today. Last time mine got stuck in Peterborough DGF replaced the entire order as some of them had white mold spots. Fingers crossed they make it.

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Another day of not cooking.
One of my two goats is suddenly very ill. So between vets visiting, doing google searches, getting the goat comfortable, calling the vet again with the results of my google searches and requesting another medication, and finding the courage to inject the goat with a needle big enough to give any diabetic nightmares, I now have to decide what to eat. I guess it'll be another sandwich.
Fingers crossed for the goat, it doesn't look too good.
Pic of that needle here :wideyed::nurse:: https://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/type-1stars-r-us.150597/page-1558#post-2464406

I did visit the library to print my Sinterklaas poems though, but further work on the surprise will have to wait until tomorrow.

That was the kind of needle we had to use when we had goats. Horrible great things. Tom was used to giving injections, having been responsible for doctoring sailors when on ships. He got me to practice on an orange before actually injecting a goat.

Edited to fix typos.

Last edited:

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I wasn't aware of this firm. How are their pies? It's the one thing I really miss and pastry is still a work in progress for me.

Here’s a link to their site:
https://lowcarbfood.co/
Their bread is lovely, just like ‘real’ bread. I always have some in the freezer. Can’t wait to try their pies and pizza :hungry:

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
The goat is so far away it didn't even seem to notice the injection.
The injection was thiamine, B1, in case he has goat polio. Earlier today the vet treated him for listeriosis, which causes encephalitis. Symptoms are similar so treating for both seemed best. In both cases his chances aren't too good. We'll see.

Had a slice of lc bread with two eggs with Turkish sausage and cheese.

So sorry to read of your poor little goat's problems. I hope the vet's treatment can help. You can become so attached to goats, can't you? They are such characters. And this, so soon after losing your little guinea pig friend.

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dinner- small lamb chop, 1/2 gammon steak and a baked mushroom. View attachment 52274
That pork pie looks fabulous. I used to love a pork pie, especially the pastry.

Reactions: shelley262 and DJC3

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Tuesday 30 November - bed 7.9 FBG 7.8. DILs parents were flying home early today but they'll be back next year. I still have school run and after my "cafe" duties making coffees/bacon rolls for my fencers. Many thanks for the birthday wishes. It feels very much another day now but I did enjoy going out the day after.

B. TAG (too busy for anything else)
L. Coconut milk and a slice of SLC toast with egg mayo.
D. More coconut milk and I made a quesadilla with chopped spring onion, peppers, tomato, mushrooms, 4 cheese mix, herbs and seasoning. DGF Christmas pie with blackberries and a spoon of brandy cream.

@Annb - I'm not fussed by the fence. These things happen and it looks like it will be finished tomorrow or Thursday. We border with a neighbour so the cost is halved which helps.

jape

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
That pork pie looks delicious. I loved pork pies from my days in the UK many years ago! However, meat pies are not really a thing here in North America like in the UK, Australia and South Africa. We do have chicken pot pie, and empanadas, but it is not really the same. The other day, I saw some sausage rolls (difficult to find otherwise) at Walmart. It was, however, disastrous for my blood sugar!

When we talk about pies, it usually refers to apple pie, strawberry and rubarb pie, blueberry pie and pumpkin pie. Pizzas in some locales are referred to as pies!

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
09:00 2 scrambled eggs
Then , finally, an appointment with my eye surgeon. More on that in another thread, if I can find it
Then a hunt round several stores for some homeware items, unsucessful.
15:00 fridge bottom raid of a chicken drumstick, some caulifower cheese savoury
21:00 bits at a social event, a cocktail sausage, some cheese, 2 éclairs and a ginger sandwich and quite a bit of red wine. The Christmas season has started.
Trying to pluck up the courage to test to see how far I've spiked...