What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all.

An extravagant food day today.

Hungry early on and as I had important work meetings where I needed to be on the ball, ate a bag of Awfully Posh pork crackling.

Post work visit to Waitrose in search of my favourite sausages, which have been out of stock for a while. Still out :arghh: But dark chocolate still in stock :D

Dinner was then a bone in sirloin AND air fried lamb ribs. My excuse was that both needed using before I go away tomorrow (early Xmas at my Dad’s). Both delicious too, and followed up with some 85% chocolate. No pics as I was too busy scoffing.

@shelley262 I gave up watching the news in May 2020. Very good decision! TV rarely goes on these days, aside from footie.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries washed down with a black coffee.
Late morning: black coffee and a phd bar.
Skipped lunch.
Mid afternoon: black coffee and a Carb Killa bar
Dinner: chicken in creamy mushroom sauce with Brussels and broccoli followed by SF strawberry jelly and cream.

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
10:45 a piece of yesterday's frittata, followed by several spoons of brandy cream. All gone now. 250ml in 3 days, said it was addictive.
18:00 lc pizza made with fathead dough and a side salad. Should have served 2 but I ate it all.
19:00 an lc hot chocolate as comfort while I finished writing the Christmas cards.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
10:45 a piece of yesterday's frittata, followed by several spoons of brandy cream. All gone now. 250ml in 3 days, said it was addictive.
18:00 lc pizza made with fathead dough and a side salad. Should have served 2 but I ate it all.
19:00 an lc hot chocolate as comfort while I finished writing the Christmas cards.

I didn’t realise for ages that the recipe served 2, I always ate the lot.

Reactions: maglil55

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Black coffee all morning
L- smoked haddock and poached eggs. Both cooked in microwave ( separately) so less than 5 minutes prep and cooking time!
DGF blondie afterwards.
D- Boned, rolled lamb shoulder cooked in air fryer rotisserie. Veg cooked underneath: aubergines, cauli, courgette.
Brie and a few nuts afterwards and Advent choc.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I didn’t realise for ages that the recipe served 2, I always ate the lot.

In which case it only served one! The pieces of lamb I buy usually say they’re for 3-4, but barely do me for two meals :D. I guess they might serve more if the diners are eating greenery/carbs alongside.

And speaking of carbs, I’ve just succumbed to a bag of plain crisps in the hotel bar. Yum! Earlier a bag of nuts, some 85% chocolate and some chicken and slaw (just cabbage, onion and vinegar) were consumed en route to Brum.

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Ooooh. The brandy cream sounds delish. Was it shop bought (if so, which), or was it a little something you pulled together yourself?

(I'm working my way through a batch of home made clotted cream - also addictive!)

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Got side tracked yesterday forgot to post with Wednesday's meals.

Three hard boiled eggs, two slices of low carb toast and vegimite for breakfast.
Tub of greek yoghurt, lemon cordial and osmolax mix for smoko.
Liver and bacon, onions in a savoury gravy, green veggies for lunch.
Cheese ham and tomato toasted low carb sandwiches for supper at six.

Had a text from my GP for my appointment this arvo,

Hi Xxx, click https://hotdoc.com/xxxxxx to confirm/cancel your Fri 10 Dec 01.40PM appt at Burrum St Medical or reply Yes/No.

Masks encouraged from 13/12/21

First time I have seen masks being encouraged, it's either wear them or don't come in when it was compulsory
Might have something to do with Queensland re opening it's border with the rest of the world on Monday

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
265577766_10224763759915688_2517020550085368025_n.jpg

Creamy tomato soup from canned tomatoes with lots of cream and little meatballs.
I'm having a nasty cold so not much appetite, soup seemed the easiest way to make myself eat. :)
And with all the cream and the meatballs it's very filling as well.

I wasn't sure how good it tasted, not tasting much from clogged sinuses.
Good thing I have my two resident experts. Pretty sure this means I've made a very tasty soup! :hungry:

265914616_10224763760435701_8857788657800287294_n.jpg

Reactions: maglil55 and DJC3

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Was it shop bought (if so, which
The first was from Asda but I've just picked up more in Morrisons. Own label both, but the ingredients are the same. 10% sugar though and it is raising my bg too much if I I have more than a tiny bit. You have been warned!!!

Reactions: maglil55

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
265577766_10224763759915688_2517020550085368025_n.jpg

Creamy tomato soup from canned tomatoes with lots of cream and little meatballs.
I'm having a nasty cold so not much appetite, soup seemed the easiest way to make myself eat. :)
And with all the cream and the meatballs it's very filling as well.

I wasn't sure how good it tasted, not tasting much from clogged sinuses.
Good thing I have my two resident experts. Pretty sure this means I've made a very tasty soup! :hungry:

265914616_10224763760435701_8857788657800287294_n.jpg

Soup looks great - real comfort food. I’ve already eaten dinner tonight so I shouldn’t be hungry, but I would still eat a bowl of that! Hope you feel better soon.

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Very busy today and didn't pay the attention that I should to what I've eaten.

B:ff greek with chia seeds and blueberries.
L: on the run, a pack of corned beef
Mid afternoon. Lots of cooking going on so nibbling and tasting. Half a bar of Divine raspberry dark choc. Nutrients info says only 29g carbs but meter disagrees and so do I , it must be higher carbs. All other dark raspberry choc is.
Lots of tastes of veg and lentil soup, smoked salmon mousse and Berry cheesecake (lc).
Went too high, but not into danger zone (just)
Dancing brought bg back down to 5.5
The ruined it with fish and chips. I had 10 chips and left the batter but it still took me up to 10. At least I know now. I am using this Libre to test things I hadn't before.

Edit for finger slips!
Edit 2 for more typos

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Soup looks great - real comfort food. I’ve already eaten dinner tonight so I shouldn’t be hungry, but I would still eat a bowl of that! Hope you feel better soon.
You're welcome to come over for a bowl, I've made enough for a couple of days!

Reactions: DJC3

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
In which case it only served one! The pieces of lamb I buy usually say they’re for 3-4, but barely do me for two meals :D. I guess they might serve more if the diners are eating greenery/carbs alongside.

And speaking of carbs, I’ve just succumbed to a bag of plain crisps in the hotel bar. Yum! Earlier a bag of nuts, some 85% chocolate and some chicken and slaw (just cabbage, onion and vinegar) were consumed en route to Brum.

True. And I never go along with suggested portions for meat either, 100-150g looks ridiculous on a plate that doesn’t have spuds or bread to pad it out.
Gosh crisps! That must be the first packet you’ve eaten in years, will you check BG or just move swiftly on?

Reactions: Antje77

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries washed down with a black coffee.
Skipped lunch.
Mid afternoon: coffee shop coconut cappuccino and a Carb Killa bar
Low Carb Food Company mistakenly sent me an extra box of food with the box of LC bread, bread rolls, pizzas and pork pies I had ordered, earlier this week! They said I could keep it all! It contained a few ready meals, more pork pies, two loaves of keto bread and some sausage rolls.
So tonight I had a free dinner!: cauliflower cheese (I added a few baby tomatoes for colour) with curried vegetables and a couple of small slices of the keto bread with butter followed by SF cherry jelly and cream.

0F4159BB-803C-4C6B-8345-10F7BF42F4CC.jpeg

Reactions: maglil55 and DJC3

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Skipped lunch.
Mid afternoon: coffee shop coconut cappuccino and a Carb Killa bar
Low Carb Food Company mistakenly sent me an extra box of food with the box of LC bread, bread rolls, pizzas and pork pies I had ordered, earlier this week! They said I could keep it all! It contained a few ready meals, more pork pies, two loaves of keto bread and some sausage rolls.
So tonight I had a free dinner!: cauliflower cheese (I added a few baby tomatoes for colour) with curried vegetables and a couple of small slices of the keto bread with butter followed by SF cherry jelly and cream.

View attachment 52389

Wow that’s a result! What were the ready meals like? The bread looks good.

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Lunch three eggs scrambled in butter with half a hm lc roll followed by yoghurt and a few nuts with three squares of 90% chocolate
Dinner venison meatballs with hm pasatta and one slice of hm lc bread made into garlic bread and glass of Shiraz red wine followed by one lc brownie with spoon of cream.