What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Please do! I had to postpone week 2 as I knew I wouldn’t be able to keep to it - eating out/ different occasions etc but I’ll happily restart or repeat week 1 again. They are all high protein meals which suits me.
Thanks for the sausage info btw. I did find a good selection in Tesco.
I've ordered everything I need for Week 1 to start Monday. I must confess I'll be excluding some lunches as I remember from the 10 week one we did last year it was just too much food. My adapted versions of the 10-week one came up on the App so I may do that after the 2 week reset. I was still ill the last 3 weeks but I struggled through it.

Reactions: DJC3

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thanks I’ve just tested positive now I knew I had it because I’m so Bad I’m not testing my bloods for the next few days I’m to scared what it will say: will I be ok just drinking water I’ve got no appetite if I have to I will force some 10 cal jelly down xx
Don't stress about it. I've just been through it and my BGs are still all over the place. It happens when you're unwell but it sorts itself out again. Fluids are essential especially if you have a fever. I didn't but both grandsons had a high fever for 1 day.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@Jayne1983 sending get well soon hugs your way, I hope you don’t have too bad a time of it. Well done on getting your HbA1c down to non diabetic numbers so quickly.
Today we had 2nd Christmas - all the family round ( we were missing some at real Christmas).
B- cheese and asparagus omelette.
Lunch and Dinner, sort of rolled into one big graze fest. Low carb buffet of the usual cold cuts snd cheeses. Fat head sausage rolls, salads, lc scotch eggs and https://www.dietdoctor.com/recipes/keto-chicken-curry-pie which is really good - I made it last year from the leftover Turkey and it was a great success.
1 gin and soda. 1 DGF cake.
Won’t be following the DD reset meal plan for a few days while we polish off the leftovers. View attachment 52817
That looks excellent!

Reactions: Annb and DJC3

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Brunch - Eventually got round to trying the slc instant porridge (as it's out of date end of January) - I was not impressed imo it didn't taste very nice at all and that was with a little greek yoghurt & berries on top and it put me up to a 9.5 (more than a rise of over 3!) - so that was a waste of £6.99 or whatever I paid for it at the time - anyone else tried this and how did you get on with it?

Dinner - 3 scrambled eggs n cheese with 2 slices slc bread toasted and buttered. 2 squares lindtt 90% with mug of earl grey tea
You've just convinced me not to buy the SLC porridge.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries washed down with a black coffee.
Late morning: black coffee and a PE bar.
Skipped lunch.
Mid afternoon: black coffee and an Atkins bar.
Dinner: Low carb food company pork pie with leafy salad and coleslaw followed by SF strawberry jelly and cream.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I've ordered everything I need for Week 1 to start Monday. I must confess I'll be excluding some lunches as I remember from the 10 week one we did last year it was just too much food. My adapted versions of the 10-week one came up on the App so I may do that after the 2 week reset. I was still ill the last 3 weeks but I struggled through it.

I did a few meal swaps too but it’ll be nice to have a companion on the journey. I’ll start week 1 again, and like you will probably continue with one of the previous meal plans after the fortnight is up. Hope you feel better all the way through this time.

Reactions: maglil55

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Slowly heating it, amd making sure its hot all the way through will work. Shame its only for 1, I'm thinking of sharing, just a toss up between yours @Antje77 and @Goonergal
Both are making my mouth water
There's enough for a couple more days, so you're welcome to come over tomorrow!
I guess this is what you'd call 'fusion cooking'. :hilarious:
Very French boeuf bourguignon, but turned into a very Eastern European like dish by adding sauerkraut, caraway seeds, tomato purée and crème frâiche. :hungry:
I've done that too, Antje. You may need a little water in the pan to start it off, just so that the beef doesn't scorch before the gravy defrosts. Any extra water will evaporate in the heating process. It would only take a little water.
The thawing went well in the pan, I just left it to slowly heat for 2 hours (long phone call in between) with the sauerkraut, and added a healthy splash of red wine instead of water because, eh, why not?! :D

271995122_10224951231122351_6800305074270239580_n.jpg

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Tuesday 11 January - - bed 9.8 FBG 7.8

Belated Happy Birthday @Goonergal. Very windy day and my legs are in a bad way.

B. TAG
L. 3 M&S crackers with port salute, Wensledale and whipped cheese. Coconut milk.

D. Not that hungry so I repeated lunch - crackers, cheese and coconut milk. DGF vegan brownie & raspberries.

Wednesday 12 January - bed 9.2 FBG 7.9.

B. TAG and bacon & egg
L. Nothing
D. 3 egg omelette with pancetta, mushrooms and tomato. Another midweek Gin & lemonade (zero).

Reactions: Riva_Roxaban

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Three slices middle bacon, two egg and cheese omelette, button mushrooms for breakfast.
Cold chicken leg, lemon cordial mix for smoko.
Pork shoulder chops, green veggies and gravy for lunch.
Toasted ham and cheese low carb sandwiches for supper at six.

We are all on tsunami alert up the Queensland coast after the volcano eruption in Tonga. It will be a interesting day for the people that live right on the beach around here.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I did a few meal swaps too but it’ll be nice to have a companion on the journey. I’ll start week 1 again, and like you will probably continue with one of the previous meal plans after the fortnight is up. Hope you feel better all the way through this time.
Surely I can't get covid again? Well I know I could but I'm hoping triple vax and covid Christmas has used up my turns. Interestingly, eldest grandson is less anxious now having had covid at Christmas. I know I'll have one swap out on Sunday next week for GF haggis (from the butcher and it doesn't affect me), neeps, cauliflower mash. If I can be bothered making sugar free meringues I'll make cranachan.

Reactions: DJC3

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thursday 13 January - bed 8.3 FBG 7.9. Nipped up to Next to get a new woolly hat. It's been chilly again.

B. TAG & bacon/egg
L. Nothing
D. M&S crackers & cheese then roast chicken with GF stuffing, cheesy cauliflower & asparagus.
Orange gin & zero lemonade. Too much gin??

Friday 14 January - bed 8.2 FBG 7.9. @mrs A2 - I empathise! I've had a few dreadful nights and now the cramps/pins and needles are back in my legs again. It lasted 3 days last time and I'm having to use 2 crutches plus I can't sleep.

B. TAG bacon & egg.
L. Nothing
D. Stuffed aubergine. I'd made it already so it just had to go in the oven for 25mins. DGF gingerbread blondie and blackberries AND a vodka and diet coke.
20220114_184957.jpg

Last edited:

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Thursday 13 January - bed 8.3 FBG 7.9. Nipped up to Next to get a bew woolly hat. It's been chilly again.

B. TAG & bacon/egg
L. Nothing
D. M&S crackers & cheese then roast chicken with GF stuffing, cheesy cauliflower & asparagus.
Orange gin & zero lemonade. Too much gin??

Friday 14 January - bed 8.2 FBG 7.9. @mrs A2 - I empathise! I've had a few dreadful nights and now the cramps/pins and needles are back in my legs again. It lasted 3 days last time and I'm having to use 2 crutches plus I can't sleep.

B. TAG bacon & egg.
L. Nothing
D. Stuffed aubergine. I'd made it already so it just had to go in the oven for 25mins. DGF gingerbread blondie and blackberries AND a vodka and diet coke. View attachment 52901

Hope your legs feel better soon @maglil55. And that you can get back to a normal sleep pattern. It's very wearing not getting enough sleep and affects your days as well as nights. My cleaner was suggesting that I might talk to the doctor about sleeping pills - just to get back into a proper pattern of sleeping/waking. Not keen on the idea myself - partly because if I do take drugs and I do dream, I might not be able to wake myself out of it and the thought of that is worse than the lack of sleep.

The aubergine looks fantastic, by the way. Today will have to be a cooking day - Neil bought some stewing steak for me a couple of days ago and I want to try to make chilli and orange beef with some of the ridiculously spicy chocolate that I bought. Might get around to it - depends how tired I get during the day.

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Another vote from me for heating gently in a pan with a little water @Antje77 I hope you get to eat it tonight.
@Goonergal that pork looks SO good, I’ll get some belly pork this week.
Today I’ve been lazy and hungry
B- Fried eggs, Gouda, spinach.
L- salami, cheese, Mayo, lettuce in SLC roll. DGF cake.
D- Smoked haddock in creamy tomato&red pepper sauce with broccoli and a DGF biscuit.
Somewhere along the line I finished off the jar of almond butter too. I am not buying it again!

I bought a jar of almond butter to see how I might react to it after years of not eating almonds. No actual intolerance reaction other than distaste. Really don't like it. Might find a recipe to use it up and will never buy it again. But, on a hopeful note, it didn't make me ill, so I should be able to use almonds in recipes - but will have to go easy on them just in case the intolerance builds up again.

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
OMAD today. Just because I wasn't very hungry and didn't bother with breakfast.

The one meal was beef and orange with spicy chocolate. Stewing steak, slow cooked with onion, garlic, an orange cut into quarters and butter and one square of the very spicy, dark chocolate that I bought a few days ago. I left it cooking on the hob from 11 am then found that at some stage, when I wasn't looking, Neil turned the hob off! So I cooked it for longer than intended. It was well cooked in any case, and quite tasty. Just had a small dish of it. Lots left for the freezer because I couldn't eat too much of it. At least, I can't today. Feeling quite full.

Just heard that DIL has tested positive to covid with a lateral flow test, she has to go to get a PCR test tomorrow to confirm. Son and grandchildren have tested negative at present.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Three course OMAD today. Only 2 pictured - there were 3 streaky bacon rashers after these 2 courses.

Main course - 2 home made burgers, 2 eggs, 4 rashers smoked streaky bacon. Still hungry.
Dessert - 2 small lamb chops. Still hungry.
Second dessert - 3 rashers smoked streaky bacon.

36AA7D64-EF0C-4278-A23E-76FEE3CC7203.jpg

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Lunch three eggs scrambled in butter with hm lc roll followed by yoghurt and a few raspberries plus three squares of 90% chocolate
Dinner roast chicken with cauliflower cheese and glass of dry white wine followed by lc chocolate brownie with cream,