1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2022 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

What have you eaten today?

Discussion in 'Low-carb Diet Forum' started by Administrator, Apr 20, 2015.

1. maglil55

maglil55 Type 2 · Expert

Bed 6 5 FBG 6.6. Good day today . No dawn spike despite breakfast being a bit later (transporting DIL to clinic with lots of laundered towels).

B. TAG and a bit later (after school run & DIL transport) 2 rashers back bacon, 2 fried eggs and 4 santini tomatoes.
    L. Coconut milk
    D. This should have been yesterday's lunch but I'm not really a lunch person and haggis was the evening meal. Instead it became a slightly different version for dinner today. Lettuce "wraps" filled with tuna, spring onion, tomato, egg, Phiĺly, lime juice, chilli, mayo. Rather nice and no cooking. Easily adapted for Hubby - added baked potato.

@Goonergal - restraint! Hubby left his tin of Quality Street out. I had one. Still too sweet. 20220125_180123.jpg

• Winner Winner x 5
    • Like Like x 3
  2. MrsA2

MrsA2 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

They come in 4's....as I found out to my cost, couldn't stop at one ...or 2...or 3...
    You have been warned!

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. Tori71

Tori71 Type 2 (in remission!) · Well-Known Member

Ah ha! Yes, I looked them up on the morrisons site. Luckily, I'm taking them round to friends to dispose of the other three!:angelic:

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. DJC3

DJC3 Type 2 · Expert

Thanks and Yes, exactly that, works out pretty expensive but still cheaper than trying to keep 2 houses.

• Friendly Friendly x 3
  5. DJC3

DJC3 Type 2 · Expert

Looking forward to hotel breakfast today but it was so disappointing. It was a buffet style so I loaded my plate with Scrambled eggs, mushrooms and bacon. I ate about 2 mouthfuls but it all had an odd fishy taste. I Left the rest and went back to the cold buffet, sadly this wasn’t much better, the salami was bright pink and floppy, there was sliced meat of indeterminate origin - I couldn’t figure out if it was chicken, ham or Turkey so didn’t try it. I ended up with 2 slices of cheese so not much for the money.
    No lunch today but dinner made up for it - at one of Marco Pierre White’s restaurants. Very reasonably priced. Caesar salad ( no croutons) and ribeye steak with Bearnaise sauce and spinach instead of the posh chips. It was perfectly cooked and actually cheaper than last nights curry. Had a martini first and red wine with it. Square of 90% choc when we got back to the hotel.

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 3
  6. DJC3

DJC3 Type 2 · Expert

Thank you. I Have broken the whole bar of chocolate into tiny bits to bring away with me. It may be better from an insulin point of view to eat a whole square at once but I’m enjoying having a little bit dissolved on my tongue several times a day. Lindt is gorgeous isn’t it? So much creamier than the Montezuma’s I was having.

• Friendly Friendly x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  7. Pipp

Pipp Type 2 · Moderator
    Staff Member

I think it could be helpful if those using the abbreviations put them in their signature, to avoidconfusing the uninitiated? Just a suggestion, as itis easy to confuse, even an old established member like me.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  8. Pipp

Pipp Type 2 · Moderator
    Staff Member

Breakfast: Fage yogurt full fat, and walnuts, black coffee
    Lunch: hungry after pool workout, : veg soup, brie, black decaff coffee
    Dinner: tuna mayonnaise salad, sugar free tonic water
    Evening: decaff coffee with coconut milk, 8 almonds

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. Rachox

Rachox Type 2 (in remission!) · Moderator
    Staff Member

I’m on my holibobs at the moment, I think I forgot to post yesterday! Today however was as follows:
    Breakfast: self catering so my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries washed down with a black coffee.
    Mid morning: coffeee shop coconut cappuccino and a Good food dr protein bar.
    Lunch: M&S coriander and chilli prawns and leafy salad with one tomato followed by Deliciously Guilt Free chocolate and orange brownie with cream.
    Dinner Chinese take away: crispy duck, 3 small pancakes, a smidge of sauce and veggies followed by SF cherry jelly and cream.

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 2
  10. Riva_Roxaban

Riva_Roxaban Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Two slices of middle bacon, two egg and cheese omelette, some fried up leftover mashed veggies for breakfast.
    Nothing for smoko just lemon cordial osomolax mix.
    Cottage pie with mashes JAP pumpkin on my portion, green veggies, small portion of lemon sorbet for lunch.
    JO fish cakes for supper at six.

Blue, and tasty cheddar cheese on pepper crackers, watching a tv series called Leverage on Prime video.

Have a great Australia Day today.

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 2
  11. Annb

Annb Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Had my bacon and egg around 8 pm and immediately developed indigestion and nausea, which is still there. Bacon and egg in the morning has never caused this kind of reaction so it must be something to do with the timing. I'll just go back to having it early in the day and hoping it will do for OMAD more days than not and being part of TWOMAD on some days.

• Hug Hug x 2
  12. Annb

"Like" except for the blue cheese element - that's another thing I won't eat. Never realised I was so fussy.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. MrsA2

MrsA2 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

And to you!

• Friendly Friendly x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
  14. Annb

It's 11.30 am. Been up for hours but until half an hour ago I'd only had water and one cup of tea. At 11 I had my (hopefully) one meal today. Bacon, Eggs and 2 slices of wholemeal toast - about 30 g carbs. I might manage to get through the day with nothing else, other than fluids. Here's hoping!

• Like Like x 2
    • Hug Hug x 1
  15. RosemaryJackson

RosemaryJackson · Well-Known Member

Well, yesterday I said, I'll cut down my carbs and try the 16/8 window of eating. The wndow opened and the idea flew out.o_O I decided to have bf at Tescos and their bf is egg, bacon, b/beans,tomato, hash browns and toast or fried bread. I was very virtuous :happy: and refused the bread and baked beans but thought oh one hash brown can't be too many. When it came, it had 2 hash browns! Could you leave one??? I couldn't . Not so very virtuous after all. So that came to 32g of carbs in one fell swoop. Hey ho, back to the drawing board. Will have to be scrambled egg for tea.

• Hug Hug x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  16. Alexandra100

Alexandra100 Prefer not to say · Well-Known Member

Always hard to pass up on food that is free or already paid for. That's why "all you can eat" buffets are such a disaster. Next time maybe negotiate when ordering. Could you leave out all the carby foods but score eg extra bacon? Then the temptation would not be there right on your plate.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  17. Alexandra100

Alexandra100 Prefer not to say · Well-Known Member

@RosemaryJackson, perhaps both at once was a bit over-ambitious. Maybe decide to try one or the other, [I'd go for cutting down the carbs] and then when that has become easier, try the other?

• Agree Agree x 5
  18. RosemaryJackson

RosemaryJackson · Well-Known Member

thank you. I'll try ditching the carbs first and see what happens. Maybe I won't need to window-eat!

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  19. Antje77

Antje77 LADA · Moderator
    Staff Member

Not eaten much as of yet, as I had this surprise dentist appointment.
    I have this one molar in the back which has been a bit loose for a while, dentist and I hoped it would settle again. It's been just so slightly botherig me, so I thought to give them a call to ask for an appointment to have it extracted sometime in the next months, no hurry.
    This was at 1:10 pm, and I hadn't eaten yet. The assistent said someone had rang off so could I make it in 20 minutes?
    It being a 15 minute drive, this left me 4 minutes to brush my teeth, so off I went but without having eaten anything yet!

It's 5:30 now, and the numbness is finally getting better. I did have some grated cheese (bad idea when your cheek, half your tongue and even part of your throat is numb, but that's just what you do without thinking when grating cheese) and I scooped some cream cheese from the package with my finger when making cauliflower puree (went a lot better than the grated cheese).

To make up for the lack of food and because I'm feeling rather sorry for myself with the surprise tooth extraction, I added at least double the usual amount of cheese (both grated and cream) to the cauliflower puree I'll have later tonight with boef bourguignon from the freezer.
    I was going to make something with minced meat but it turned out I didn't have any. Not a bad thing at all, I doubt I'd be up to be cooking from scratch today.

For now, there is a saying that a beer is a cheese sandwich in the Netherlands.
    Not counting the little bit of cheese I had while cooking, I guess we can say I'm having a well deserved cheese sandwich for breakfast right now... :bag::D

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Hug Hug x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    #48219 Antje77, Jan 26, 2022 at 4:40 PM
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2022
  20. Annb

Why can't I do a funny and a hug? Chose funny in the end because you are so up-beat but having a molar removed deserves a hug any day.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook