1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2022 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

What have you eaten today?

Discussion in 'Low-carb Diet Forum' started by Administrator, Apr 20, 2015.

1. Annb

Annb Type 2 · Well-Known Member

I didn't manage the whole day without food - maybe should have had a bigger breakfast although BG didn't go down as far as I expected - been around 12 - 13 all day but it finally came down to 9 and that's when I decided to have a banana. Now up to 10.8. We'll see if it drops away in the next hour or so.

• Hug Hug x 2
  2. Antje77

Antje77 LADA · Moderator
    Staff Member

Thanks!
    Happy to have made you laugh, and I wasn't doubting you and @Alexandra100 meant very well with the funny ratings!

• Friendly Friendly x 4
  3. Bildad

Bildad Type 2 (in remission!) · Well-Known Member

I had my first lo dough wrap today made a "pizza" with it and I was very underwhelmed with the outcome.
    It is unfortunate that they come in packs of 2 as I have no idea what to do with the other one. Needless to say I will not be buying them again.
    I must learn that things masquerading as "normal" food rarely are worth the money or the time.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. shelley262

shelley262 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

@Antje77 another one here who opted for funny but also wanted to give you a big big hug I hate extractions they are quite traumatic hope it settles quickly
    @Bildad im also not a big fan of lodough and don’t buy anymore however after earlier trials - I seem to remember that the thing I used it for and liked the most was using as a pastry substitute for the bottom of a quiche - maybe worth a try - as if you don’t like it you can just eat it the filling as pastryless quiche so less waste!
    Lunch two eggs scrambled in butter with a few M and S seeded crackers followed by yoghurt with a few raspberries and two squares of 90% chocolate
    Dinner venison meatballs with hm passatta and 10g of lc protein pasta plus glass of red wine followed by Deliciously Guilt Free salted caramel blondie warmed and served with spoon of extra thick cream.

• Like Like x 4
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    #48224 shelley262, Jan 26, 2022 at 7:08 PM
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2022
  5. maglil55

maglil55 Type 2 · Expert

It's not so much ditching them as reducing them. The NHS advised me, when I was first diagnosed, to have 130g of carbs a day. I ignored that pretty quickly, but I brought them down gradually. I dropped to 70-80g then stuck around 50g for a few weeks. I never thought I'd go under 20g but discovered not only was it possible, it soon became normal. One step at a time.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. MrsA2

MrsA2 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Nothing to report today. Doing an unplanned fast after nasty stomach upset last night. Boys are fine and all ate the same so maybe I got something from touching the raw chicken when cooking?
    At least all the info on the forum means I'm not fearing the fast, in fact I sort of welcome it. If all goes to plan it will be 40 or more hours.
    Oh and my libre failed in the night. Another is on way, making the second replacement. 3 for the price of 1:happy:

• Hug Hug x 7
  7. Goonergal

Goonergal Type 2 · Master

Evening all.

Quite agree on the substitute foods @Bildad and @RosemaryJackson it must be the day for wandering off piste. My mitigating circumstances are that I was led astray by @DJC3

Very nice lunch at Nando’s. Was going to say we shared a whole chicken, but I had about three quarters of it! Added some Halloumi and their moreish nuts. Then what should have been a 4 mile round walk to the nearest Hotel Chocolat cafe turned into a 6.3 mile walk the ‘scenic’ way. An 85% hot chocolate and whip followed. BG spike limited by the walk either side. No photographic evidence, but did snap this along the way.

B537B2D4-4C83-4183-BB14-71C6F851ACC6.jpeg

• Like Like x 5
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    #48227 Goonergal, Jan 26, 2022 at 7:57 PM
  8. maglil55

maglil55 Type 2 · Expert

Bed 6.7 FBG 6 - Getting a bit chilly out. Good day though. Eldest grandson is finally back in school full time.

B. TAG and since Hubby was soup making I settled for 30g of that LC granola, with coconut milk and a few raspberries.

L. Not usually a lunch person but I had the 2 rashers of back bacon and 2 eggs I'd been having for breakfast.

D. Nice pink rack of lamb with baked halloumi, wilted spinach and mint sauce.

@Antje77 - only thing worse than a molar extraction is an unexpected molar extraction! Paracetamol to the ready. Hope it heals quickly. @MrsA2 - I hope you recover quickly too xx

• Like Like x 6
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    #48228 maglil55, Jan 26, 2022 at 8:13 PM
  9. Pipp

Pipp Type 2 · Expert
    Retired Moderator

Rather hungry again, so increased the protein, and ate 3 meals
    Breakfast: full fat Fage yogurt, walnuts, decaff black coffee
    Lunch: cold pork sausage, decaff black coffee
    Afternoon: cappucino
    Dinner: 2egg omelette with spinach, red pepper, onion, salmon with lemon mayonnaise, olives and cheddar cheese, sugar free tonic

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Antje77

Antje77 LADA · Moderator
    Staff Member

Didn't feel like eating at all, very glad I forced myself to put a plate of food in the microwave though.
    Once I started eating it tasted so good, feel a lot better too now, although the mouth is still sore, despite painkillers.

[​IMG]

Love it, it's so ridiculous!
    It also makes me think of a famous book character, will share in the parallel thread. :)
    https://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/th...ten-parallel-chat.177870/page-84#post-2481511

• Hug Hug x 6
    • Like Like x 2
  11. AndBreathe

AndBreathe I reversed my Type 2 · Expert
    Retired Moderator

Ace dog!

This is my avatar on another forum

Dog Leg.jpg

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 4
    • Winner Winner x 3
  12. DJC3

DJC3 Type 2 · Expert

I love that saying ‘a beer is a cheese sandwich!’ Really made me laugh but so sorry for your unexpected tooth extraction. It’s so traumatic even when you are prepared for it.
    The silliest thing I ever did when my mouth was still numb after the dentist, was try to eat a fried egg. The texture of the egg white was indistinguishable from the inside of my cheek and lip and I made an even bloodier mess of my mouth chomping on bits of it.

• Hug Hug x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
  13. AndBreathe

AndBreathe I reversed my Type 2 · Expert
    Retired Moderator

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  14. DJC3

DJC3 Type 2 · Expert

Agree with @shelley262 that making a quiche base with the LoDough works well. Then again I quite like LoDough pizza so it might not suit you. They are pretty expensive though aren’t they?

• Friendly Friendly x 3
  15. Riva_Roxaban

Riva_Roxaban Type 2 · Well-Known Member

My dentist prescribed single malt whisky when I had a couple of teeth removed years ago, and eat softish food for a few days.

• Like x 3
    • Funny x 2
    • Informative x 2
    • Friendly x 1
    • Useful x 1
  16. DJC3

DJC3 Type 2 · Expert

Didn’t bother with hotel breakfast today, instead I popped out to Waitrose and got cold meat, salami and cheese. Very much nicer.

Lunch at Nando’s - really enjoyed the food and the company, I’ve missed both. Lovely hotel chocolate mocha and whipped 85% chocolate cream after the ‘scenic route’ stroll there.
    Later on a few more slices of salami and cheese.
    @Goonergal I have photographic evidence! Could have eaten an awful lot more of the chocolate whip! IMG_1643234784.122499.jpg

• Winner Winner x 5
    • Like Like x 3
    • Hug Hug x 1
  17. Antje77

Antje77 LADA · Moderator
    Staff Member

Mine asked me if I knew what to expect. So I replied with: "I guess you'll pull the thing and then tell me I'm not to smoke for at least 24 hours, which we both know won't happen".
    I'll ask about the single malt next time I see him, sounds just like the advice for me!
    Think wodka will work too?
    I WANT THAT!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Hug Hug x 2
  18. Rachox

Rachox Type 2 (in remission!) · Moderator
    Staff Member

Still on my holibobs!
    Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries and cream washed down with a black coffee.
    Lunch: M&S cold Mexican chicken with leafy salad, coleslaw and one tomato followed by DGF lemon and blueberry cake with cream.
    Mid afternoon at Starbucks: white choc phd bar and a coconut cappuccino.
    Dinner at Bella Italia: chicken wrapped in proscuitto in masala sauce with brocolli and two tiny roasted new potatos

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  19. Riva_Roxaban

Riva_Roxaban Type 2 · Well-Known Member

I was a non smoker when I went, I have thirty years nicotine free in July this year.

[​IMG]

• Winner Winner x 6
    • Like Like x 2
  20. Mrs T 123

Mrs T 123 Type 2 (in remission!) · Well-Known Member

Brunch - 2 eggs mashed up in a cup with butter. I dgf pecan & caramel cookie. Mug of earl grey tea

Dinner - roast chicken with large salad. 1 dgf blueberry crumble & bisnott - couldn't decide what one to have so had both! with kefir on top (yep dgf order eventually arrived today)

• Like Like x 6
    • Winner Winner x 1
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook