What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Happy day for me, my CT scan was negative and I can go to yearly, rather than 6 monthly follow up scans. I can’t tell you what a relief that is.
No breakfast as 9am scan and no food allowed.
Brunch - salami and the spreadable feta from Waitrose I’d put in the hotel fridge.
Mid aft- Lindt 90% choc quite a few squares trying to eat mindfully to calm my nerves before meeting the consultant for results
Post results bubbly Paul had stashed in hotel fridge in anticipation.
D- at Carlucciuos antipasti starter and lamb rump main. Waiter asked if I had any allergies, I said I couldn’t eat carbs so would need to swap out the bread and potatoes. His reply ‘Hmm, so not really an allergy then’
Anyway I’m still happy. @AndBreathe it’d be easy to make a topiary Dennis - any old untidy hedge would suffice!

Wonderful news on the CT DJC3. It must be a nightmare few days surrounding it.

As for Dennis; I do hope you're not letting that handsome young man become a scruffy middle aged man. Pah!

Reactions: maglil55 and DJC3

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I've put this podcast on the General forum too but putting link here too as I do talk about this thread in my podcast towards the end of my story. There is no doubt for me that this thread has helped me to maintain my low carb way of eating.
I'm slowly getting over the embarassment of hearing myself!
Heres the link for anyone interested in a listen:
https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcast/uk-low-carb/id1503692518?i=1000549228451

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Goonergal Looks delicious! I've just had breakfast, but if offered this I'd happily start all over again. Is that an Omega Workshop design plate?

I have no idea what Omega Workshop is, so I guess not. I have a couple of plates, 3 small bowls and 2 larger bowls all in the same design and all bought on separate occasions for bargain prices, either on my local flea market or in seconds shops.

To stay on topic, since breakfast I’ve eaten raspberries, cream and Doner meat with onions (not all together !).

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
There will be a second meal today - eventually. I had put a casserole dish in the oven with shallots, garlic, ginger, bacon and tomatoes with butter, ready to take the fish once the veg had softened a bit. After a while I went back to put the fish in and found that Neil had turned the temperature down to zero! The temperature indicator is faulty so I always leave it set where I'm pretty sure is about 200C and use the power switch to turn it on and off. Not sure why Neil changed it, although, yes he did make himself some mushroom pies yesterday.

So when I went back to the oven, the butter hadn't even melted. The casserole is enamel so it it now on the hob and the fish is in with some chicken stock to prevent burning. Should be ready soon. Beginning to feel that I don't want food now - that tends to happen when I've left it too long. But I will eat at least some of it.

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Three meals today
Breakfast two boiled eggs with a lc hm buttered roll
Lunch four m and s seeded crackers with some hm pate followed by yoghurt with a few raspberries and three squares of 90% chocolate
Dinner cauliflower cheese and salmon in lemon butter with a glass of dry white wine followed by lc chocolate brownie warmed with spoon of cream.

Tori71

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
breakfast; low carb granola, a slice of carbzone bread and butter
mocha
lunch; low carb crispbread topped with cream cheese and polish sopoka ham. protein bar
dinner; three egg ham and mushroom omlette with cheese, raspberries, blackberries and cream with a DGF orange brownie

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Lucky me, I didn't have to cook today! :happy:

Too bad there wasn't anyone else cooking either though. :bag:

I was going to make meatballs and stamppot andijvie (the endive/cauliflower mash thing) but then decided this was a perfect day for not cooking, so I went with two slices of LC bread: One with bacon, egg and cheese, a half slice with salmon and cream cheese, and a half slice with liverwurst and mustard. :hungry:
Had lots of veggies in the past few days so I figured I could do a day without.

(Sorry @Riva_Roxaban , the cat is at it again. More danger lurked from my right side. With 2 sleepover dogs for the weekend there were 4 dogs beside me on the couch wanting to get to my plate. Happy to report I successfully defended my food today!)
272830818_10225015790056284_6607616470322884445_n.jpg

Last edited:

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
(Sorry @Riva_Roxaban , the cat is at it again. More danger lurked from my right side. With 2 sleepover dogs for the weekend there were 4 dogs beside me on the couch wanting to get to my plate. Happy to report I successfully defended my food today!)
Cats are sneaky devils, they are not to be trusted whats so ever when it comes to food.

Pleased you defended yourself.

Reactions: DJC3

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
breakfast; low carb granola, a slice of carbzone bread and butter
mocha
lunch; low carb crispbread topped with cream cheese and polish sopoka ham. DGF gingerbread blondie.
dinner; bavette steak with pepper sauce, mushrooms, tomatoes and peas. raspberries, blackberries and cream.
'some' 90% lindt
very hungry today, must be the weather

sainsbury delivery arrived with eight loaves of hi lo!!!! amazing as they are usually out of stock. put in freezer for non diabetic husband who likes it . I'm sticking to my one slice of carbzone a day!
My Sainsbury's order last Monday had 5 litre cartons of coconut milk, 12 small cartons of orange juice and 20 eggs (in addition to the eggs I'd ordered) ! I did let them know but they said to keep them.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thursday bed 6.5 FBG 6. Today I had to pick up on one of the meals from the DD reset I “missed” due to haggis day.

B. TAG and the omelette that should be muffins (but omelette is quicker). 2 eggs, wafer thin ham, grated Cheddar and 4 santini tomatoes.
L. Coconut milk.
D. Thick cut sirloin for 2! Sliced vertically. Nicely rare with wilted spinach, another 4 santini tomatoes and mushrooms. Mustard too.

Today – Friday bed & FBG 6.9

B. TAG and a repeat of yesterday’s omelette.
L. Coconut milk.
D. The DD smash burger that should gave been yesterday’s meal. Seasoned burger made with good steak mince, sandwiched between 2 slices of beef tomato and red onion rings. I added mustard, lettuce, slice of Emmental and mayo.
@Goonergal – I had to read that twice as I thought it was a very odd food combo!
@DJC3 – Wonderful news. I am so pleased for you and Paul. Enjoy the celebration!

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Think I'm somewhat tipsy...
10:30 3 scrambled eggs. Coffee with cream
Then midday out for a big shop. Went further to a big tesco as needed fuel too. Succumbed to a 70% choc bar which I demolished on the way home as suddenly got hungry. 35g carbs.:oops: ( is this emoji a blush?)
18:30 lasagne made with sliced cheese and cabbage leaves in place of pasta. 1 glass red wine
Quickly felt very tipsy. Munchies led me to a scoop of icecream but at 8 p.m stood up, room swayed, had to sit down before I fell down, tummy rumbled
So 2 glasses water, 1 cup ginger tea and 4 lc pizza wheels later feeling a bit better but still unsteady. Bg 6.3.
Think it's because I fasted day before yesterday and had small food yesterday. Alcohol seems to have gone straight to bloodstream
Not sure what night-time will bring

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks everyone for your lovely congratulatory comments. Hi @RosemaryJackson good to see you here.
Felt a bit rough this morning as I overdid it with the celebratory booze a bit yesterday. I don’t drink a lot these days and It caught up with me.
Breakfast clearing out hotel room fridge was sliced beef and cheese and 2 ibruprofen.
Plenty of coffee
Lunch, 90% chocolate and a pot of mixed nuts
We can’t go home as daughter has contracted Covid so she’s isolating there. We decided to book a last minute holiday cottage in Devon for the week. It’s gorgeous, right on the Tamar estuary with fantastic bird life all around us. Every room has a superb view and they’ve left plenty of binoculars and bird spotting guides around.
Dinner was the DD keto pork chop with asparagus meal from last weeks meal plan. There is an Aga and an induction hob here, both took me a while to figure out.
@Antje77 sharing the couch with 4 dogs sounds like a very happy position to be in, even if they are eyeing up your dinner.
@AndBreathe Dennis and Paul are gradually morphing into mirror images of eachother - both grey and whiskery (and the least said about hairy ears the better)
Now to settle down to listen to the podcast @shelley262 well done.

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Bacon and a two egg cheese omelette, mushrooms, two slices of low carb toast and vegimite for breakfast.
Blue Care nurse bought some cake in for smoko, she told me it was low carb... honest.
Beef roast of the day, and veggies at the Brothers club for lunch.
Half a beef and bacon pie, lemon cordial / osomolax mix that I did not have in the morning for supper at six.

Some more of those pepper crackers and blue cheese watching Prim Video.