What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Is it better rotisserie/air fryer or your normal slow cooker method?

Slow cooker. But it could be that I didn’t cook it long enough in the air fryer. It’s more tender slow cooked in the IP.

Reactions: DJC3

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
@Antje77 sharing the couch with 4 dogs sounds like a very happy position to be in, even if they are eyeing up your dinner.
Fully agree!
Two of them have already retired to the bed, keeping one of the cats company, myself, the other two dogs and the other cat will shortly follow suit.

In bed we'll all share some pork scratchings with aioli, plus a tablet for the cat with heart failure (thankfully he's happy to take his pills with aioli, I can keep that next to my bed so he can get his medication at the same time as I take my long acting insulin), and I will have a couple of chocolaty nut squares as well.

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
We can’t go home as daughter has contracted Covid so she’s isolating there. We decided to book a last minute holiday cottage in Devon for the week
Well, I've heard of some put up excuses....
And this is one of the best!
But where is Dennis?

Reactions: DJC3 and maglil55

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Wonderful news! @DJC3 I am so happy for you - defo a cause for celebration. Enjoy and make the most of your holibags :happy:

Well done! @shelley262 on the podcast which I enjoyed

Brunch - 2 eggs mashed up in a cup with butter. 2 squares Lindtt 90%. Mug of earl grey tea

Dinner - chicken tikka masala with cauliflower rice, also a few brussel sprouts with butter on the side. 2 dgf bisnott warmed up with kefir over the top. Mug of earl grey

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Fully agree!
Two of them have already retired to the bed, keeping one of the cats company, myself, the other two dogs and the other cat will shortly follow suit.

In bed we'll all share some pork scratchings with aioli, plus a tablet for the cat with heart failure (thankfully he's happy to take his pills with aioli, I can keep that next to my bed so he can get his medication at the same time as I take my long acting insulin), and I will have a couple of chocolaty nut squares as well.
Aww you have made me laugh - I have this picture in my head of yous all in the bed having a midnight feast
:cat::hungry::):cat::hungry::)

Ooops looks like I pressed a wrong button and attached an empty file and I don't know how to delete it ...

I think I have managed to delete it for you! Rachox

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: maglil55 and DJC3

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well, I've heard of some put up excuses....
And this is one of the best!
But where is Dennis?

Haha it’s a good one isn’t it?
@Riva_Roxaban is right about Dennis, he’s still at home with my daughter. Luckily we live off the beaten track so she can still let him run in the fields behind the house without bumping into anyone. He’d love it here but I’m not sure the local bird life would appreciate him bouncing amongst them.

Reactions: MrsA2 and maglil55

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Aww you have made me laugh - I have this picture in my head of yous all in the bed having a midnight feast
:cat::hungry::):cat::hungry::)

Ooops looks like I pressed a wrong button and attached an empty file and I don't know how to delete it ...
Happy to have made you laugh!

I had a look to see if I could delete your empty file with my magic mod powers but I couldn't find it either, so it'll just stay there.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all.

Eaten a lot today. Meal 1 was around midday in M&S. Picked up half a chicken to go and ate it in the food hall - there were tables out for the rotisserie, but buying from that counter cost twice as much for half as much meat (quarter chicken plus 2 veg sides). Added some macadamia nuts - even more expensive in M&S than Waitrose, but gigantic and delicious.

Earlier yet another Libre sensor had fallen off. This time just a day early. Free replacement now on the way. Had put a new one on to bed in, so activated that early, That was a ‘bleeder’ and not just a drop, full-on dripping on the floor style!

Snack of Fage 0%, cream and a few raspberries once home.

Meal 2 was fried 20% mince with onions and chopped smoked streaky bacon. Followed by a 25g bar of Moser Roth 85%.

6A799CC8-A879-4724-BCF2-06A2BE1B5881.jpeg

RosemaryJackson

Hello. Had my first 2mad. For bf it was 2 slices fried bacon and 2 fried eggs with a home made buttered linseed roll. For my dinner it was 2 sausages with carrot, cabbage , broccoli and fried mushrooms with 1/4 pint gravy. Really enjoyed it. Tomorrow fro bf it will be 2 boiled eggs with a homemade linseed roll and slow cooked chicken with veg and maybe 1 yorkie and gravy. Because of this thread, I find I am eating better and far more sensibly. Thank you.

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
So far some wholemeal toast around 11 am - I'm getting too lazy to make anything much.
Shortly I'll have the remainder of the haddock and tomato mix from yesterday.

That will be not much more than 35-40 g carbs and not many calories either. Forgot to take any of my pills today - not a good idea, but it's too late now so I'll leave them until tomorrow.

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello. Had my first 2mad. For bf it was 2 slices fried bacon and 2 fried eggs with a home made buttered linseed roll. For my dinner it was 2 sausages with carrot, cabbage , broccoli and fried mushrooms with 1/4 pint gravy. Really enjoyed it. Tomorrow fro bf it will be 2 boiled eggs with a homemade linseed roll and slow cooked chicken with veg and maybe 1 yorkie and gravy. Because of this thread, I find I am eating better and far more sensibly. Thank you.

More sensible than me at the moment - I am just too tired to bother. Toast is the easiest option - both bread and toast are beside each other on the work surface and so is the butter - stays chilled out of the fridge in this house. To fry or boil eggs would be too much of an effort and the toast still keeps me reasonably below my limit for carbs, but it isn't sensible - I'm the first to acknowledge that.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Evening all.

Eaten a lot today. Meal 1 was around midday in M&S. Picked up half a chicken to go and ate it in the food hall - there were tables out for the rotisserie, but buying from that counter cost twice as much for half as much meat (quarter chicken plus 2 veg sides). Added some macadamia nuts - even more expensive in M&S than Waitrose, but gigantic and delicious.

Earlier yet another Libre sensor had fallen off. This time just a day early. Free replacement now on the way. Had put a new one on to bed in, so activated that early, That was a ‘bleeder’ and not just a drop, full-on dripping on the floor style!

Snack of Fage 0%, cream and a few raspberries once home.

Meal 2 was fried 20% mince with onions and chopped smoked streaky bacon. Followed by a 25g bar of Moser Roth 85%.

View attachment 53130
That was the last time I had a Libre fall off - a major bleeder! Hubby was not happy but I pointed out it happens. Mine seem to have super glue on them recently.

Reactions: DJC3 and Goonergal

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
More sensible than me at the moment - I am just too tired to bother. Toast is the easiest option - both bread and toast are beside each other on the work surface and so is the butter - stays chilled out of the fridge in this house. To fry or boil eggs would be too much of an effort and the toast still keeps me reasonably below my limit for carbs, but it isn't sensible - I'm the first to acknowledge that.
I recently went through a phase like that. I'm doing better now I've returned to the Diet Doctor *(DD) meal plans. I was getting irritated trying to work out what to make to suit everyone but this is working well. I know the menu for 7 days, I know the amendments for the rest of them and Hubby is quite happy with the variety plus the boys are getting more variety. I've also rearranged it so my shopping order comes on a Monday so it's saving me time at the weekend.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Bed 7.1 FBG 6.9. Dinner is cooking. It's been another shuffle with the DD weekly menu. Yesterday's pork has moved to Sunday. At least what we're having is on today, but it should have been lunch!

B. TAG - changed breakfast. Scrambled eggs and smoked salmon.
L. Nothing
D. Should have been turkey bolognese, but I changed it to beef (I'd bought enough mince for yesterday's beefburgers and today’s bolognese). Had it with courgetti zoodles rather than shredded cabbage.
I will have a vodka and diet coke later.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Bed 7.1 FBG 6.9. Dinner is cooking. It's been another shuffle with the DD weekly menu. Yesterday's pork has moved to Sunday. At least what we're having is on today, but it should have been lunch!

B. TAG - changed breakfast. Scrambled eggs and smoked salmon.
L. Nothing
D. Should have been turkey bolognese, but I changed it to beef (I'd bought enough mince for yesterday's beefburgers and today’s bolognese). Had it with courgetti zoodles rather than shredded cabbage.
I will have a vodka and diet coke later.

I don’t fancy turkey mince either, and also prefer courgetti.
I agree with your previous post to @Annb the DD meal plans done every now and then do help to simplify things.

Reactions: maglil55

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Happy to have made you laugh!

I had a look to see if I could delete your empty file with my magic mod powers but I couldn't find it either, so it'll just stay there.
I did it! :joyful:

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Glad the thread is helping. It’s been a Godsend to me - keeps me accountable to myself and I like getting ideas from other people here.
How do you make your linseed rolls? I have a Hemsley sisters recipe I use sometimes. I haven’t made it for ages but you’ve reminded me, I really like the rolls.

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: Fage full fat yogurt, blueberries, pecans, black coffee
Lunch: 2 boiled eggs, slice of ham, black coffee
Dinner: ham soup, half slice of seeded bred, butter, sugar free tonic water, (pretended it was gin)

@Goonergal , is there a reason you choose 0% fat Fage? I have tried it, but seems less creamy and more bland than the one with fat.