1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2022 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

What have you eaten today?

Discussion in 'Low-carb Diet Forum' started by Administrator, Apr 20, 2015.

1. maglil55

maglil55 Type 2 · Expert

We're heading there in October with all my former colleagues/wives/husbands for 6 days (since we've been unable to meet up for 2 years thanks to you know what! I can't wait. So many great restaurants.

• Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  2. Annb

Annb Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Not sticking to OMAD today.
    Breakfast was bacon, egg and some more of the bubble and squeak.
    2nd meal will be mackerel cut into strips (as in faux whitebait) and fried with a salad of coleslaw, tomatoes and courgette strips.

Very tired after having to help Neil clean out part of my larder - he was checking something for me and decided that I had too much out-of-date stuff in there, so started hauling it out and asking me if I wanted to keep it (the implication being that, of course, I couldn't want to keep it). Most of it went into the bin - some exotic kinds of flours which I never got around to using and some bags of sugar which were bought for baking before covid and haven't been used in these last 2 years - some of it turning to liquid.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Lainie71

Lainie71 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Apart from the usual cups of tea, my first food was x2 Ryvita seeded with peanut butter. Lunch was bit of corned beef, half a tin of leftover salon and an apple. Took my BG before my dinner an hour ago my was 5.2 If it stayed in the 5s I would be happy :) I can tolerate Ryvita but no on its own and only early in the the morning - maybe because I burn it off :nailbiting:

• Like Like x 3
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  4. valuator

valuator Type 2 · Well-Known Member

(March 27th)

Breakfast (9am): 0% greek yogurt with keto granola topping, black coffee
    Snack (10:30am): None
    Lunch (12pm): Caesar salad topped with chicken at a restaurant. Awful!
    Snack (3pm): None
    Dinner (6pm): Salad of tomatoes and cucumbers, chicken nuggets (not low carb....)
    Evening Snack (10pm): Two low carb beer

I did not get a chance to walk on the treadmill :(

• Like Like x 4
  5. Tori71

Tori71 Type 2 (in remission!) · Well-Known Member

sorry @maglil55 , someones got to say it.......
    How many former wives and husbands do you have!o_O

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  6. MrsA2

MrsA2 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Ha a good dollop of full fat greek with seeds after an exercise class as was then heading out with a friend.
    Was pleased I had eaten as nothing suitable in the cafe menu where we stopped at lunchtime so just a herbal tea.
    Did mean I snacked too much on getting home, a chunk of cheese then some nuts.
    D: 2 bratwurst sausages on a bed of creamy cheesy cabbage. 1 scoop Oppo.

• Like Like x 6
  7. Antje77

Antje77 LADA · Moderator
    Staff Member

Still not motivated to cook today.
    I did do other useful things though, like wrestling a new second hand dishwasher from the car (where it had been sitting for almost a week) to my kitchen and installing it!

Earlier this afternoon I was staring in the fridge trying to decide what to eat for dinner, spotted a nice Münster cheese and had a very satisfying large bite of it. :hungry:
    One of the benefits of living alone is that you can just do things like this without risking a telling off!
    Still felt pleasingly naughty though. :D

[​IMG]

Not doing proper cooking doesn't mean not having a tasty meal at all, very happy with today's result!
    I had a sudden craving for sauerkraut but didn't want to do the whole mashed cauliflower thing, so I decided to put the other burger from yesterday's package on a bed of sauerkraut, with some mayo, mustard and cucumber on top.

Can recommend!
    Juicy burger on a bed of sauerkraut works very well. :hungry:

With it, I had a slice of low carb bread, half with stinky Münster cheese and half with a 'smoked trout salad'. 'Salad' in this case beig Dutch for anything with mayonnaise, so egg mayo is an egg salad, tuna mayo is a tuna salad, celeriac mayo is a celeriac salad and so on, and every supermarket in the Netherlands sells at least 30 varieties of sandwich salads, none of which actually involve any greens.
    I added some sharp cress to the sandwich as well.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. Rachox

Rachox Type 2 (in remission!) · Master

Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries washed down with a black coffee.
    Late morning: black coffee and an Aldi protein bar.
    Skipped lunch.
    Mid afternoon: black coffee and a carb killa bar.
    Dinner out with a friend: cheese burger, no bun, with extra bacon, and salad instead of chips.

Edit for typo.

• Like Like x 6
  9. Goonergal

Goonergal Type 2 · Master
    Retired Moderator

Came here to post last night and got distracted! So here is yesterday’s menu.

Early lunch of air fried pork belly pieces.
    Dinner was a huge lamb chop from my weekend haul, served with a mix of savoy and pointed cabbage with bits of smoked streaky bacon added. Lamb was air fried and delicious!

9054E0F7-0881-4FDC-BD17-CD08C8F8C60D.jpeg

• Like Like x 6
  10. valuator

valuator Type 2 · Well-Known Member

(March 28th)

Breakfast (9am): None
    Snack (10:30am): None
    Lunch (12pm): Chicken slices
    Snack (3pm): 0% greek yogurt with keto granola topping, black coffee
    Dinner (6pm): Beef pot roast with carrots
    Evening Snack (10pm): Two low carb beers, another small serving of pot roast

Walked 10.34km to bring my YTD total to 368.02km.

• Like Like x 5
  11. Annb

Yum!!!

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Annb

Breakfast was a slice of wholemeal toast with butter and Marmite.

2nd meal: soon to come out of the oven - a big chunk of white cabbage, braised with some water and butter, topped with melty cheese (American style) and Parma ham, with some tomatoes quartered and thrown into the dish around the cabbage. Braising the cabbage as a large chunk was Neil's idea - he'd seen something like it online.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. maglil55

maglil55 Type 2 · Expert

Ha, ha, ha, ha one hubby is more than enough when they require years of training!

Seriously, we've been told many times as a group that it is highly unusual for a group of people who worked together (plus their better halves) to get on so well that we all go away together every year (well until Covid). We have a great time.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. maglil55

maglil55 Type 2 · Expert

Ooh! Barnsley chop. Haven't seen one of them in a while.

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  15. Goonergal

Goonergal Type 2 · Master
    Retired Moderator

They’re one of my favourite things! Another in the fridge for tomorrow. Not quite so large though.

• Like Like x 3
  16. Annb

In case anyone is wondering, strips of mackerel fried as a kind of mock whitebait is in no way a substitute for the real thing. It was OK and perfectly edible, but in no way like whitebait. Strangely enough, it just tasted like little strips of fried mackerel.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  17. maglil55

maglil55 Type 2 · Expert

Monday bed 7.6 FBG 6 2 (before it shot up to 8 7 30 mins later). I'm still very congested and didn't have a good night as I put to much Vicks Vapor rub on. Still got up to take eldest to school but I'm leaving it to Mum & Dad Tuesday - Thursday to see if I can shift this.

B. TAG and water.

L. Early - M&S crackers with whipped cheese.

D. Leftover cold cuts from Saturday. 3 Strawberries and a DGF vegan fudge brownie. At least I could taste that but half the meats ended up in the bin.

• Hug Hug x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  18. maglil55

maglil55 Type 2 · Expert

Today bed 7.1 FBG 5 9 but once again they shot up but at least today they quickly dropped again. I'm having to use the nasal steamer again to try to ease this congestion and finally it seems to be shifting. Even although I'm not doing the school run I can't lie in as I need to move about. I did have a nap this afternoon though.

B. TAG and water. Late morning I had 2 slices of SLC toast, one with egg and one with salmon.

L. Water and a nap!

D. Hubby (under instruction) made burgers from scratch in the burger press (see @Tori71 years of training ). He put mine together with no bun, added Emmental, wilted spinach and mushrooms, avocado, tomato, mayo and he even put 4 small chips on the side. He even remembered to season it.

I don't have a temperature or anything - just need to clear this AND get a good night's sleep.
    View attachment 53988

• Like Like x 3
    • Hug Hug x 1
  19. maglil55

maglil55 Type 2 · Expert

Not sure Hubby's burger efforts uploaded. 20220329_183001.jpg

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. RosemaryJackson

RosemaryJackson · Well-Known Member

Evening all. No bf today. 1st meal was 2 Ryvitas with butter and hm liver pate then 2 squares chocolate (Green n Blacks 70% salted caramel). Tonights meal was an airfried chicken leg with cauli, leek, small amount mixed veg plus gravy. Seeing the surgeon tomorrow to see why my hand hurts so much. Although it seems to be healing well, it is still so swollen and hot. Couldn't find an emoji for fingers crossed!

• Hug Hug x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook