What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

valuator

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
You might find it easier to resist evening eating if perhaps you have your beers earlier and with a meal.
Any form of alcohol, low carb or not, really means I can be tempted to eat anything and everything, especially if drunk without food as it seems to go straight to my bloodstream, totally avoiding any self-restraint or motivation.
As others have said, don't beat yourself up, learn from it and move on

Thanks for the kind words everyone.

That's a great point and something I needed to hear. My wife has agreed to help monitor my late night eating....just a gentle reminder to only eat if I'm truly hungry and try to steer me in the low carb direction. I didn't even want to admit yesterday's poor eating, but no point keeping a log/diary if I'm not being open and honest.

Last edited:

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries washed down with a black coffee.
Late morning: black coffee and a CarbKilla bar.
Skipped lunch.
Mid afternoon: black coffee and an Aldi protein bar.
Dinner: bacon, sausage, fried egg, mushrooms, peas and one small hash brown.

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I think I'd rather leave emus where they are. Last one I saw (in Brisbane zoo in 1965) had an evil glint in its eye and a very sharp looking beak. I've never forgotten that evil eye!
Emu's are alright in the wild, they all have eyes like that.

What you have to be careful of is a Cassowary, pure dinosaur.

Getting back on topic, but there is a indigenous emu farm out near Murgon that sells emu meat (and emu eggs) at various prices.

Which to mind is a bit on the tough side like the Australian Bustard or plains turkey, alright if done in a camp oven though.

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Didn't manage OMAD - I had a small dish of the spicy veg, without cauli rice. I'd popped a couple of hard boiled eggs into the pot as well and had one of those with a spoonful of the veg. Not sure if I was really hungry, but the smell in the kitchen was really tempting. Very few carbs in the whole day, even so.

Em didn't come today - she was feeling ill this morning so didn't go to school. She often does feel a bit off first thing in the morning, so it's not easy to tell if she really needs to stay off school. There are only 2 in her class, so I doubt if they are doing much. She and her pal have been put together with the remaining kids from 2 other classes for lessons (p4,5 and 6) to make a class of 9 (8 without Em).

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
What you have to be careful of is a Cassowary, pure dinosaur.

I see what you mean (thanks to google). Also can't resize that image.

proxy-image

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
7.35 am: just had breakfast - early be cause I have a lot to do this morning. I had a spoonful of spicy vegetables and a hard boiled egg. I'm not expecting to have an OMAD day today.

Lunch will be home made sardine and tomato paste on wholemeal toast.
Dinner will be an omelette, probably with some of the spicy vegetables.
upload_2022-3-31_7-46-20.png

Thanks @Riva_Roxaban

Last edited:

RosemaryJackson

I believe it stands for "imager" from what I remember years ago when they explained why the named the website that.

It is where I upload my pix to put on websites.

thank you. I really ought to learn how to do all of that. My granddaughter is coming back to live in UK soon and I'm sure she will teach me.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Missed Tues and Wed. Had eye scan Monday and saw consultant. Seems after 12 injections nothing has changed so I am facing a future of maintenance of bi monthly injections and need to keep my D and BP in check so I dont get it in other eye. We agreed I probably had D for many years before dx. Back to the thread.
Brekkies always slice HiLo toast, butter and copious tea.
Lunch Tuesday was small plate salad and bit of crustless quiche.
Supper was stir fry chicken, chorizo, red pepper and paprika with added roasted cubes of aubergine, red onion and cherry toms (not many!)
Yesterday skipped lunch as was out and busy but had two cups of tea when I got back and fed cats who didn’t appreciate missing their tuna!
Supper was two Green Cuisine plant burgers (about 7g and very tasty) and two big flat mushrooms and side salad.
Today will be small salad lunch again, quiche, maybe a few pickled onions.
Supper..tada..is (chunky) fish finger Firsday with broccoli.
@maglil55 and @RosemaryJackson hope you both get better soon.
@Goonergal I have serious lamb chop envy, my butcher doesn’t have such big ones.

RosemaryJackson

Afternoon all. It's a cold but beautifully sunny day. Car was covered in snow this morning! Don't know why but am all at 6s and 7s today. Yesterday was very stressful so that's probably why. @maglil55, hope u r feeling better. Today my bf was 2 slices cheese on normal toast. Midday meal bacon, chipolatas, eggs and mushrooms.
teatime 2 Ryvitas with cream cheese and smoked salmon' (Smoked salmon is my guilty pleasure)

Reactions: maglil55 and Annb

RosemaryJackson

Missed Tues and Wed. Had eye scan Monday and saw consultant. Seems after 12 injections nothing has changed so I am facing a future of maintenance of bi monthly injections and need to keep my D and BP in check so I dont get it in other eye. We agreed I probably had D for many years before dx. Back to the thread.
Brekkies always slice HiLo toast, butter and copious tea.
Lunch Tuesday was small plate salad and bit of crustless quiche.
Supper was stir fry chicken, chorizo, red pepper and paprika with added roasted cubes of aubergine, red onion and cherry toms (not many!)
Yesterday skipped lunch as was out and busy but had two cups of tea when I got back and fed cats who didn’t appreciate missing their tuna!
Supper was two Green Cuisine plant burgers (about 7g and very tasty) and two big flat mushrooms and side salad.
Today will be small salad lunch again, quiche, maybe a few pickled onions.
Supper..tada..is (chunky) fish finger Firsday with broccoli.
@maglil55 and @RosemaryJackson hope you both get better soon.
@Goonergal I have serious lamb chop envy, my butcher doesn’t have such big ones.

Thank you. Believe it or not, coming on here and getting messages from complete strangers helps so much. It's like having a huge family!

Reactions: Antje77

valuator

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
(March 30th)

Breakfast (9am): Black coffee
Snack (10:30am): None
Lunch (12pm): Beef pot roast with carrots
Snack (3pm): 0% greek yogurt, black coffee
Dinner (6pm): Omelette with 3 eggs, ham, cheese, onions, and mushrooms
Evening Snack (10pm): Two low carb beers, NO SNACK

Walked 9.64km to bring my YTD total to 384.56km.

Reactions: maglil55 and Annb

RosemaryJackson

just have to share my news with you. Got the result of yesterdays blood test and my A1c has gone from 60 to 46! I am so over the moon. But I have to say thank you to you all who have advised and hugged and helped me. I think I would have given up trying if it hadn't been for all of you. :happy::singing: :cat:that got the cream!

Reactions: maglil55

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
just have to share my news with you. Got the result of yesterdays blood test and my A1c has gone from 60 to 46! I am so over the moon. But I have to say thank you to you all who have advised and hugged and helped me. I think I would have given up trying if it hadn't been for all of you. :happy::singing: :cat:that got the cream!

Well done Rosemary! That's brilliant news.

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well done @RosemaryJackson

My 2 years after diagnosis HbA1C is in too. Up to 39 from 38 last year, but still comfortably under the line. This WoE feels more sustainable every day.

B: ff greek with 7 blackberries and seeds
Late am: 1 lc cookie
Midday exercise class
Late lunch : chunk of Brie, 2 more lc cookies (because I forgot to put them back in the freezer
D: cheese crusted cheese and ham omelette with broccoli. Half a small pear

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Congratulations @RosemaryJackson , what an amazing result!
And while I agree the forum is a great help, it was still you who did it!

Congratulations to @MrsA2 as well! Sounds like what you're doing keeps you very stable, and the best part is that you feel it's sustainable!

I had a surprise appointment with the DSN today, got a phonecall this morning to ask if I could come today instead of in may. First time in 3 years (I've been using covid as an excuse to postpone but didn't feel I could get away with this anymore) so fine with me.
New DSN, handpicked by my endo as a good match for me after I told her I didn't get along with the old one very well. Endo was right, this one's cool!
Feet are fine, time in range is great, didn't get a telling off for smoking/drinking/diet choices/going barefoot in summer/not exercising enough or being fat and she agreed to have our next meeing in a year and a half to save me unnecessary stress. :)
BP is a tad high (142/90, taken at home), no action needed until my endo appointment in november when we'll review the BP again.
And best of all, she's writing a letter to my insurance on getting more teststrips, the 200 a year you get when you're using the Libre aren't enough. Fingers crossed it'll work!

Got a blood draw as well, only for hba1c (which I know is still comfortably below prediabetic levels) and B12, which I requested because I started metformin. Results expected next week.

Today was day 3 of the sauerkraut and cauliflower dish. There wasn't enough left for a full meal so I fried an onion to add to it. Very tasty, might add the onion on the first day the next time I make this!
I guess tomorrow will be something with turkey eggs, but of course I might find myself suddenly making something completely different! :hilarious:

Last edited: