What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries washed down with a black coffee.
Late morning: black coffee and a Carb Killa bar.
Skipped lunch.
Mid afternoon: black coffee and an Aldi protein bar.
Dinner: Balti chicken curry and cauliflower rice followed by SF cherry jelly and cream.

And just to keep up with the ‘egg photo competition’ here’s our regular egg delivery we get from one of my husbands clients, they’re not a farmer they just keep hens in their garden!

31DF2235-8DCA-43A6-9C69-BEFCFEE72536.jpeg

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Three slices of middle bacon,two egg and cheese omelette, mushrooms, two slices low carb toast and vegimite for breakfast.
Two small sausage rolls from the pie shop around the corner, lemon cordial and a goodly splash of mineral water, with a big heaped scoop full of osmolax mixed in.
Rump steak, mixed veggies, butter mushroom gravy, low sugar pineapple jelly for lunch.
baked beans on toast, for supper at six.

Four blue cheese and crispbread sandwiches, watching a Indian tv series Family Man (English subtitles, as the English is very similar to Optus help desk jibber jabber) on Prime.

RosemaryJackson

Well done @RosemaryJackson

My 2 years after diagnosis HbA1C is in too. Up to 39 from 38 last year, but still comfortably under the line. This WoE feels more sustainable every day.

B: ff greek with 7 blackberries and seeds
Late am: 1 lc cookie
Midday exercise class
Late lunch : chunk of Brie, 2 more lc cookies (because I forgot to put them back in the freezer
D: cheese crusted cheese and ham omelette with broccoli. Half a small pear

Well done to you too!

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Breakfast: RyVita and sardine & tomato paste. Are RyVita getting smaller than I remember them? Had 2 (14 g carb) and then another 2!

2MAD today, so 2nd meal will be minced pork with bacon made into a thin "burger" and roasted on top of a thick slice of cabbage (shaped to the slice of cabbage - it is a very large white cabbage). Another experiment, but I think it should work out.

valuator

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
(March 31st)

Breakfast (9am): Half of omelette with 3 eggs, ham, cheese, onions, and mushrooms, black coffee
Snack (10:30am): None
Lunch (12pm): Beef pot roast with carrots (finally it was gone….yummy, but tired of it)
Snack (3pm): Brogie with peanut butter, black coffee
Dinner (6pm): Rotisserie chicken, salad of tomatoes and cucumbers
Evening Snack (10pm): Two low carb beers, handful of peanuts

Walked 9.63km to bring my YTD total to 394.19km.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
(March 29th)

Breakfast (9am): 0% greek yogurt with keto granola topping, black coffee
Snack (10:30am): None
Lunch (12pm): Beef pot roast with carrots
Snack (3pm): None
Dinner (6pm): Beef pot roast with carrots
Evening Snack (10pm): Two low carb beers, PIZZA and carb-y snacks :banghead:

Walked 6.90km to bring my YTD total to 374.92km.

Feeling so ashamed of my poor eating behaviour yesterday. Once I started binging, I couldn't stop. From the looks of my Libre data, I've just undone all the good progress I'd made over the last two weeks in terms of Average Glucose and Time in Target. Also not feeling amazing this morning :(
Everyone has been there. Don't fret about it. Everything sorts itself again.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
So many pretty eggs! Wednesday bed 6.7 FBG 5 7
Still battling this bug but I'm having a rest from the school run. Hubby is of the opinion I'm suffering from this "super cold" they've been writing about, combined with possibly norovirus. Symptoms certainly fit.

B. TAG and a dash of cream

L. 4 M&S crispy cheese crackers with salmon pate.

D. The remains of yesterday's mince had to be cooked so Hubby turned it into bolognese which I had with shredded cabbage which I stir fried.
I also had a DGF Vegan Fudge brownie with 4 strawberries.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
You might find it easier to resist evening eating if perhaps you have your beers earlier and with a meal.
Any form of alcohol, low carb or not, really means I can be tempted to eat anything and everything, especially if drunk without food as it seems to go straight to my bloodstream, totally avoiding any self-restraint or motivation.
As others have said, don't beat yourself up, learn from it and move on
@valuator M&S pancetta or particularly, serrano ham crisps are a great snack at only 0.1g carbs per pack. Or you can make them in the microwave but careful not to burn.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thursday bed 7 1 FBG 6 5. Bug seems to be following a format. Not bad in morning once I start moving, congested afternoon to evening then very hoarse at night (and the tickly cough returns).

B. TAG

L. Managed a wander up to M&S. Masks are really not helping with congestion so it's in and out as quick as I can. 2 chicken drumsticks, 2 lamb kofta and a pack of M&S serrano ham crisps.

D. Poached salmon fillet with Honduran prawns and Marie Rose sauce (home made), 1/2 avocado and mozzarella pearls. A M&S Plum (no sign of the cherries!)

Peach & Tumeric kefir shot. I was hungry today but I take that as a good sign.

Well done @RosemaryJackson and @MrsA2 .
@Annb - Em is lucky to have such small classes. If they did a composite of all P4/5/6's at our school it would be around 180 kids! I feel for the teachers trying to control classes that size plus they are very short staffed we've just list another 3 to another school as well.

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Thursday bed 7 1 FBG 6 5. Bug seems to be following a format. Not bad in morning once I start moving, congested afternoon to evening then very hoarse at night (and the tickly cough returns).

B. TAG

L. Managed a wander up to M&S. Masks are really not helping with congestion so it's in and out as quick as I can. 2 chicken drumsticks, 2 lamb kofta and a pack of M&S serrano ham crisps.

D. Poached salmon fillet with Honduran prawns and Marie Rose sauce (home made), 1/2 avocado and mozzarella pearls. A M&S Plum (no sign of the cherries!)

Peach & Tumeric kefir shot. I was hungry today but I take that as a good sign.

Well done @RosemaryJackson and @MrsA2 .
@Annb - Em is lucky to have such small classes. If they did a composite of all P4/5/6's at our school it would be around 180 kids! I feel for the teachers trying to control classes that size plus they are very short staffed we've just list another 3 to another school as well.

Em is lucky. There are only about a dozen kids in her class when they are all able to be there. The other classes are about the same. That changes when they go on to the Nicolson Institute in Stornoway with all the kids from the north part of the Island going there, so classes are around the 30 mark (still not bad).

I've done a fair bit of food prep today - made some baked beans (using black eyed beans which I found in the larder); I still had quite a lot of the veg curry left so made some spicy veg pasties (they do have some pastry on them so will have to go carefully with them), some vegetable biryani (3 servings using cauli rice) and my pork and cabbage experiment - it's still in the oven but it smells fine. Also enough of the pork mixture left to make some meatballs. Now I have to squeeze it all into the available freezer space.

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
We were supposed to be going away for the weekend but it was cancelled due to someone elses covid. Something we usually do twice a year with one of the highlights meeting a relative in the way down for a pub lunch, so we did that instead. Felt strange driving straight home again, but c'est la vie.
Was a bit naughty, ham egg and chips and I ate ALL the chips and even dipped them in mayo. 1 small scoop ice cream while everyone else had full desserts. Only drank tea.

Trying therefore to stick to omad, but have already had a ketonut from my Mother's Day stash in the freezer. And a glass of wine "because I didn't earlier "

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries washed down with a black coffee.
Skipped lunch.
Dinner: LC sausage roll, leafy salad, two cherry tomatoes and coleslaw followed by DGF lemon drizzle and cream.

Mezza n

Skipped lunch.
Dinner: Balti chicken curry and cauliflower rice followed by SF cherry jelly and cream.

And just to keep up with the ‘egg photo competition’ here’s our regular egg delivery we get from one of my husbands clients, they’re not a farmer they just keep hens in their garden!

View attachment 54007

Hi what are the carbs like in those Aldi protein bars I was considering trying them

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi what are the carbs like in those Aldi protein bars I was considering trying them
Between 3.6 - 4.6g (that is net carbs, so carbs minus polyols) per bar depending on the flavour :)

RosemaryJackson

Hello. Didn't feel like bf this morning so my first meal was about 1pm.Had a Fishermans Pie. 32g carbs but found it in the freezer and it was easy and I was lazy. Tonight had a pork steak with sauerkraut. Was still hungry so had 2 Ryvitas with Philly and last of the smoked salmon. then 2 squares of chocolate. Think I've overdone the carbs but tomorrow's another day and I can be good. :stop: to the carbs:stop:! Have a nice weekend everyone.

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Steak, two eggs, some refried leftover veggies including a small spud lite for breakfast.
No smoko, lemon cordial / mineral water mix with a heaped scoop of osmolax stirred in.
Fish and chips out at Moore Park beach for lunch, first feed of chips I have had for a while.
Just a couple of slices of low carb toast and vegimite as I was not very hungry for supper at six.

Four buttered Knackbrod with blue cheese watchin Prime.

Pix of the knockbrod in the parallel thread.