What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

RosemaryJackson

Morning all. Beautiful day but wrap up! I'm going to try OMAD today but I'm wondering, do u have small snacks or just drinks? Also can someone tell me what to type in to go on the parallel thread please? ty. Have a good day everyone

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
I daresay everyone does things in their own way. When I do OMAD it's food I'm talking about but not total fasting for the rest of the day. Because I have had trouble with my kidneys and was warned by my doctor not to let fluid levels drop, I make sure to drink 2 litres of liquids a day - could be water or tea in my case, and tea is more often than not with milk. I'm pretty sure it would be harmful as well to try to drink 2 litres of anything in one go so I have drinks throughout the day. It's just food that I keep to once in the day.

Sorry - not being in any way techie, I can't get the link to the parallel thread to go in here. I'm sure someone else can and will do that for you.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Also can someone tell me what to type in to go on the parallel thread please? ty. Have a good day everyone
Here it is! https://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/what-have-you-eaten-parallel-chat.177870/page-101
I've had no luck typing 'parallel thread' into the search bar, but you can always find it by going to 'Forums', scrolling down until you find the off-topic section and selecting General Chat.
The parellel thread is usually high up in the list of normal threads there.
And of course if you hit the 'Watch Thread' button you'll get an alert when someone posts there.

upload_2022-4-2_13-26-35.png

Reactions: valuator

valuator

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
(April 1st)

Breakfast (9am): Half of omelette with 3 eggs, ham, cheese, onions, and mushrooms, black coffee
Snack (10:30am): None
Lunch (12pm): Lunch at Lebanese restaurant with my wife. Pita wrap with schwarma. Spiked BS :(
Snack (3pm): None
Dinner (6pm): Rotisserie chicken, salad of tomatoes and cucumbers
Evening Snack (10pm): Two low carb beers, handful of peanuts

Walked 6.44km to bring my YTD total to 400.63km

RosemaryJackson

Here it is! https://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/what-have-you-eaten-parallel-chat.177870/page-101
I've had no luck typing 'parallel thread' into the search bar, but you can always find it by going to 'Forums', scrolling down until you find the off-topic section and selecting General Chat.
The parellel thread is usually high up in the list of normal threads there.
And of course if you hit the 'Watch Thread' button you'll get an alert when someone posts there.

View attachment 54031

Bedankt @ANTJE. You put it on once before and I used that but now I have to go back to that page each time and it takes far too long! So I thought I might be able to type something in instead.

Reactions: Antje77

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm going to try OMAD today but I'm wondering, do u have small snacks or just drinks?

Just drinks for me (usually water/Diet Coke) although I always say you set your own rules. It’s more effective from an intermittent fasting point of view just to eat once as you really give the pancreas a rest. However, you need to be able to eat enough - both for satiety and nutritionally - at one sitting if you’re going to do it regularly.

I used to plan OMAD far more often than I do nowadays - usually now it’s more of an accident or to do with timing than a deliberate plan. So today for instance I ended up staying out for longer than planned after a morning appointment so it was 2pm before I ate. I’ve eaten enough that it’s unlikely I’ll need to eat again. Sometimes I think that’s going to be the case and end up hungry later and have something small.

I can eat decent sized portions, so it’s relatively easy. If you can’t eat so much in one sitting, then spreading 2 or 3 smaller plates over 2 or 3 hours would have a similar effect to one larger meal.

It was weird today as I felt ravenous and bought some food from a food truck - mix of Doner meat and kofte - but couldn’t finish it. Seemed to fill up very fast. Followed up with some Hotel Chocolat 70% hazelnut chocolate.

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Had some of the biryani that I made yesterday for a late brunch - around 1.45. It was fairly filling but it already doesn't feel as though I will be eating only once today. Might have a few of the baked beans with, perhaps, a couple of meatballs a bit later.

Currently have a wholemeal loaf baking, to Neil's recipe. Shouldn't really have any of it today but I just might have an end slice with the beans.

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Will catch up reading in a bit I’ve only managed a quick scan but quick shoutout and well done to @RosemaryJackson and @MrsA2 for your hbaca1 results.
Today
Mid am a few spoons of hm yoghurt and small bit of stewed rhubarb which had been slow cooked with ginger and lemon
Lunch a few nuts, cheese, seeded crackers and fermented peppers followed by hm yoghurts with a few berries and a few squares of 100% chocolate
Dinner hm chicken curry with cauliflower rice and glass of soda water with dash of gin followed by lc blondie and more yoghurt! Enjoying getting back to my hm yoghurts.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries washed down with a black coffee.
Late morning: black coffee and a Carb Killa bar.
Skipped lunch.
Mid afternoon: black coffee and an Aldi protein bar.
Dinner: chicken and ham salad followed by DGF chocolate brownie and cream.

Edit for typo

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Patience payed off, delicious stew!

Had it just like it was today, might have it with cauliflower purée next time, or perhaps turn it into an eastern European inspired sauerkraut dish with added sauerkraut, cream, tomato paste and lots of paprika.

277784138_10225329496378746_905562525559460263_n.jpg

Last edited:

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Two mexican sausages, two egg omelette, button mushrooms, small tin of baked beans for breakfast.
No smoko, lemon cordial osmolax mix still.
Cottage pie with mashed pumpkin on my portion, green veggies, red low carb jelly for lunch.
Small 300 gram container of Woolies pea and ham soup, two slices of low carb toast for supper at six.

Four crispbread buttered with blue cheese watching a Prime tv series.

https://www.woolworths.com.au/shop/productdetails/778327/woolworths-fresh-pea-ham-soup

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
A spoonful ff greek with seeds before a very cold yoga session, having scraped the ice off the car.
11:00 2 eggs scrambled with ham
12:30 4 hm lc nut cookies. Tried getting them into the freezer ASAP but still ate too many. At least they kept me full until
18:30 2 glasses wine and soda while hubby cooked chicken curry. Had mine with hm lc soda bread. Pud was a ketonut topped with tiny bit coffee ice cream and a splodge of double cream.

MommaE

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Will catch up reading in a bit I’ve only managed a quick scan but quick shoutout and well done to @RosemaryJackson and @MrsA2 for your hbaca1 results.
Today
Mid am a few spoons of hm yoghurt and small bit of stewed rhubarb which had been slow cooked with ginger and lemon
Lunch a few nuts, cheese, seeded crackers and fermented peppers followed by hm yoghurts with a few berries and a few squares of 100% chocolate
Dinner hm chicken curry with cauliflower rice and glass of soda water with dash of gin followed by lc blondie and more yoghurt! Enjoying getting back to my hm yoghurts.
I’m enjoying the homemade yogurts. Thanks for your encouragement.

Reactions: Antje77

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Patience payed off, delicious stew!

Had it just like it was today, might have it with cauliflower purée next time, or perhaps turn it into an eastern European inspired sauerkraut dish with added sauerkraut, cream, tomato paste and lots of paprika.

277784138_10225329496378746_905562525559460263_n.jpg

That stew looks very rich and very inviting Antje. Just the thing for this weather.

Reactions: maglil55

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi All so back to Friday. Brekkie was usual slice of HiLo toast, butter lots of tea.
Lunch was Covent Garden Spiced Butternut soup, too carby but needed something warm and quick. Had a low carb h/m muffin and cup of tea after. Supper was LoDough pizza topped with leftover roasted Med veg, blobs of goats cheese and black olives. Very tasty.
Yesterday same brekkie. Lunch was 3 scrambled eggs and then another LC muffin with tea. Evening was supermarket curry (disappointing taste not worth the carbs, should have made my own like @shelley262 accompanied by cauli rice and an onion bhajee.
Today not sure what lunch will be but likely small cold plate of salad + protein. Supper will be Piri Piri spatchcock chicken with green veg. Might be a cheeky gin & soda beforehand, or 2. when we were away last week I discovered I could manage two meals/day if I had substantial brunch at 10ish and then early supper. In my normal routine that doesnt work and I have two small meals (brekkie & lunch) and a more substantial evening meal. I hope the weather warms up and I might feel less like eating.

RosemaryJackson

Morning all. Well, I found out that OMAD is not for me but 2MAD will certainly be fine. It was a rubbish day for me yesterday but today will be; 1st meal, airfried chicken drumsticks with green veg and mashed celeriac and a spot of gravy and tonight's meal will be boiled eggs with ham and cheese salad with mayo. Beautiful day so have a lovely Sunday.

valuator

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
(April 2nd)

Breakfast (9am): None, black coffee
Snack (10:30am): Babybel Light cheese
Lunch (12pm): Leftover rotisserie chicken with mustard
Snack (3pm): peanuts and black coffee at a hockey game
Dinner (6pm): Leftover beef burger with cheese, frozen grocery store chicken parm (breaded)
Evening Snack (10pm): Two low carb beers

Walked 8.10km to bring my YTD total to 408.73km.

markpj31

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes.
Reading through some of these meals and how low carb they are, just to have been told by my DSN that I should aim for 50g of carbs per meal is, well, interesting...

Anyway, for me:
Waking BSG: 6.1
Breakfast: 1/2 Mattessons pork sausage, 3 eggs + 2 wholegrain toast with butter.

Post-Lunch: 5.0 BSG
Lunch: Tin of mackerel, 2x Ryvita crackers with peanut butter and a Keto Pulsin bar (Orange flavour).

Dinner (later):
Cauliflower mash with melted cheese, mushrooms, spinach and 2x Linda McCartney Mozzarella quarter pounder burgers.

Dessert: Yogurt and probably a small bowl of Paleo granola.

Taste is not there yet post covid (3 months on), so revolve around stuff I get a little taste from.