What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Keep forgetting the photo. The "blue" is light reflecting on the egg! I'm getting quite attached to mushrooms/spinach and santini tomatoes are a good addition too.
20220406_184438.jpg

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
I figured that just a slice of toast and 2 fried eggs was just not sufficient nutrition for a day - especially after several days of similarly low input so I put together some green beans, some baked beans (HM) and 3 pork meatballs. Had a couple of spoonsfull and gave up. Just can't get any more in. This is probably not good even if it makes me lose weight (I haven't lost any yet). Will try for something a bit more nutritious for breakfast tomorrow and let that last me for the day. Despite that BG is the lowest it has been all day at 7.9.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I've just had a very tasty fried turkey egg with bacon, cheese, black pepper and smoked paprika on a slice of low carb seed bread.

Tasty as it might be, it is a bit of a sorry meal considering this should have been my main meal. I was going to make a generous portion of tomatoes and mozzarella to go with it while the egg was frying, but found out the mozzarella has gone slightly off, with a faint sour flavour.
Not enough time while waiting for the egg to fry to make something else, so this was it, and I'm afraid I'm not going to make something sensible now.
Oh well, pork scratchings with aioli, eaten in bed are food too, I'm sure I won't go hungry!

The dogs and cats thought the mozzarella was still perfectly good to eat so they got lucky!

278030912_10225347565870472_3742387193207923121_n.jpg

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries washed down with a black coffee.
Lunch out: Fried eggs (amazing orange yolks), bacon, sausage, mushrooms and one hash brown.
Mid afternoon: black coffee and a phd bar.
Dinner: crispy cheese omelette followed by SF orange jelly and cream.

265F6E72-88FC-491C-917C-6D3DCF02C3E6.jpeg

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Have a look at Fat Secret for the carb count for grapefruit juice.

https://www.fatsecret.com.au/calori...rapefruit?portionid=20555&portionamount=1.000

Thanks @Riva-Roxaban. Not sure how many ml makes 1 cup. This site gives 18.58 g per cup. The carton gives 12 g per 150 ml, which is the size of my glass. So I had an extra 12 g carbs today - that's added to the 1 slice of toast at breakfast (HM so don't know the exact amount of carbs, but it shouldn't be all that bad).

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Three slices middle bacon, three egg and cheese omelette, button mushrooms, cherry tomatoes for breakfast.
Two slices of low carb toast and vegimite for smoko.
Savoury tinned corned beef hash, mixed veggies, low sugar green jelly / osmolax brew for lunch.
Couple of sausage rolls for supper at six.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi All
Firstly @maglil55 thank you so much for the Boulangere Celeriac recipe and I will give it a go when I get my new knife to cut it with. Thanks also to @AndBreathe for the knife info. I have found something similar on Amazon.
Yesterday usual brekkie, slice HiLo toast and lots of tea.
Lunch small plate salad with crustless quiche.
Supper was Per Peri Chicken left over from Sunday, cauliflower, brocolli and green beans. Today’s lunch likely to be the same and for supper its Fish Finger Firsday (chunky cod ones) more green veg.

RosemaryJackson

Morning all. Didn't post yesterday. It was the anniversary of losing my husband and 2 days before that it was the same, losing my first daughter. Ate anything that wasn't nailed down. Went to the co-op and found a Livlife loaf and am hoping that I am back on track. Should say I AM back on track, shouldn't I? Have skipped bf today. Have a chicken breast for dinner with veg and 2 Ryvitas with egg mayo and cress for tea. Have also started writing it all down again.

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all. Didn't post yesterday. It was the anniversary of losing my husband and 2 days before that it was the same, losing my first daughter. Ate anything that wasn't nailed down. Went to the co-op and found a Livlife loaf and am hoping that I am back on track. Should say I AM back on track, shouldn't I? Have skipped bf today. Have a chicken breast for dinner with veg and 2 Ryvitas with egg mayo and cress for tea. Have also started writing it all down again.

Events as traumatic as these can only be handled in whatever way suits you. Some people need the comfort of food, quite legitimately, and others can't eat at all, and that's right for them. Whatever it takes to get you through a difficult time, is right. If you feel able now to get back to a lower carb way of eating, that's fine but if it takes longer - then take longer.

What you've planned for today looks pretty good to me.

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
For today's breakfast (and maybe the only meal today) was the bean dish I made last night and didn't eat. That was green beans with some home made baked beans and pork meatballs. Feeling pretty full right now, so it might be sufficient for the day.

I have to go for my 4th covid jab this afternoon - Neil will be taking me and will come in with me to push the chair for me. Then I'll wait in the car while he does some shopping. Foolishly, I took my diuretic pills by mistake, so I might have problems. No more fluids until I get back, just to reduce the pressure on my bladder. I'm hoping the injection is into my right arm because my left arm and should are currently very painful (arthritis, I think) and I don't want to upset it any more than necessary. The right one isn't an awful lot better but it is more twinges than full on pain.

Jayne1983

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Spiders any bugs. Horror films and diabetes even tho I’ve reversed it.
Hi All like the sound of the celeriac dauphinoise though the cream would be an issue. I very much like mashed swede and mashed celeriac but cutting them up is almost impossible. After fighting with the last swede for 15 mins it ended up in the bin! Waitrose do frozen celeriac “pellets” but I wish the supermarkets sold chunks of both veg like they do with butternut squash. Yesterday I had lunch out with friends and had chicken in a creamy mushroom sauce with salad. Coffe after though I think they gave me cappuccino which would be too carbs probs instead of flat white. It didnt seem worth making a fuss at the time. In the evening I had 8 mini mestballs in chilli sauce and some green beans. This mornings FBG was the worst ever so either I ate too much yesterday or there were more carbs than I realised
Today usual brekkie HiLo toast and lots of tea. Worked in the garden in morning helping Mr PM seed a large area behind the heathers. Lunch was small plate ham salad with a few pickled onions. Supper will be chicken & pepper stir fry in Teriyaki sauce and green beans.
Hi I put my full turnip/swede in the microwave for 20 minutes then take it out cut the top bit off then it’s like mash just scoop it out with a spoon if u look on YouTube there a video

Reactions: maglil55 and Annb

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Just tell them what arm to use.

Last time I was there, the cubicle was set up in such a way that the only way to get the wheelchair in and the nurse, was for her to be on my left side. If the set-up is the same, it will take a bit more juggling to get my right arm into position. Then, of course, the Libre sensor is on my right arm at present, but there's plenty of upper arm space to inject into even so.

Reactions: Antje77

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Last time I was there, the cubicle was set up in such a way that the only way to get the wheelchair in and the nurse, was for her to be on my left side. If the set-up is the same, it will take a bit more juggling to get my right arm into position. Then, of course, the Libre sensor is on my right arm at present, but there's plenty of upper arm space to inject into even so.
Or just have her come out of the cubicle with her needle? It's not like you have to get naked for it, so who cares! A firm 'no' to the wrong arm should do the trick, up to them how they want to reach the good arm.
The sensor doesn't make a difference, I had mine in the arm with the sensor.

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Or just have her come out of the cubicle with her needle? It's not like you have to get naked for it, so who cares! A firm 'no' to the wrong arm should do the trick, up to them how they want to reach the good arm.
The sensor doesn't make a difference, I had mine in the arm with the sensor.

Wow! Now there's some radical thinking - get the nurse to come out of her cubicle! One way or the other, it will be the right arm - the left is just too sore to contemplate.

Reactions: maglil55

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi All
Firstly @maglil55 thank you so much for the Boulangere Celeriac recipe and I will give it a go when I get my new knife to cut it with. Thanks also to @AndBreathe for the knife info. I have found something similar on Amazon.
Yesterday usual brekkie, slice HiLo toast and lots of tea.
Lunch small plate salad with crustless quiche.
Supper was Per Peri Chicken left over from Sunday, cauliflower, brocolli and green beans. Today’s lunch likely to be the same and for supper its Fish Finger Firsday (chunky cod ones) more green veg.

@PenguinMum - whatever you do, please ensure the blade is stiff and the tang extends the full length of the handle. It needs not to flex, or snap when under pressure.

My OH, who is the main cook in the house, was sceptical of my purchase, but quickly converted.

Enjoy!

valuator

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
(April 6th)

Breakfast (9am): 0% greek yogurt with sliced strawberries, black coffee
Snack (10:30am): None
Lunch (12pm):, Half portion of omelette with 3 eggs, ham, cheese, onions, and mushrooms
Snack (3pm): None
Dinner (6pm): Creamy garlic chicken thighs, carrots, onions, mushrooms
Evening Snack (10pm): Peanuts and two low carb beers, handful of chips (crisps?)

Walked 6.44km to bring my YTD total to 448.88km.

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Just back from getting my jab - right arm but I managed to knock the sensor off when I pulled my arm out of the sweater sleeve. Ah well - only 2 days left on it anyway.

I don't think today is going to be a one meal one after all. I have some fish fingers that I made a while ago in the freezer, so I'll get some of them out and, if I can be bothered, I'll cook some cavolo nero which I shredded yesterday to go with them.

Tori71

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@Annb I don't like turnip or swede either but for some reason don't mind celeriac.
Made a dauphinoise today based on everyone advice then added some of my own fiddling about! It tastes delicious (modest aren't I)!
Breakfast; l/c granola, slice of l/c toast, butter and a mocha
Lunch; l/c roll with ham and salad, protein bar
Dinner; lamb shank, green beans, carrots, hm gravy, celeriac dauphinoise! berries, lc lemon cake and berries.
90 lindt....stuffed!