What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

Jayne1983

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Spiders any bugs. Horror films and diabetes even tho I’ve reversed it.
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries washed down with a black coffee.
Late morning: black coffee and a PE bar.
Skipped lunch.
Mid afternoon: black coffee and an Atkins bar.
Dinner: tuna melts with Brussels, broccoli and a couple of small carrots followed by SF strawberry jelly and cream.
Hi have you tried the fulfil protein bars I’ve just bout some bloods are ok with them they taste so good I like the peanut one

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Two hard boiled eggs, couple of slices of low carb toast and vegimite for breakfast.
Three small sausage rolls for smoko.
Steak, mixed veggies, gravy, orange jelly with osmolax for lunch.
Small pot of Woolies pea and ham soup, couple of slices of toast for supper at six.

Glass of single malt whisky and a early night as I was not feeling real bright in my gut.

Hi any one know a low carb wine please red or white I’m getting sick of vodka it’s to strong I do like a drink on a weekend Lmao
No carbs in the malt whisky I drink, in red wine there is about 2.5 grams per standard drink.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
What's the nutrition and ingredients info on that chocolate please @DJC3

INGREDIENTS: Cocoa Butter, Cocoa mass, Milk Powder (Milk), Soluble Fibre: Inulin, Erythritol, Whey Powder (Milk), Cream Powder (Milk), Steviol Glycosides, Salt.
A whole 100g bar is 10.4 carbs so each square is around 0.4
I’ve just noticed an email saying it’s on sale now at £4:99 which a bit better if you just want to try it out. They are also doing a 70% bar but I think I’ll stick to the Montezuma’s 100% in future

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Here we are two days before the Easter holidays and its warming up thank goodness. Just had my usual brekkie of HiLo toast and on my second mug of tea. Not sure what lunch will be today will be a cold plate salad with some protein added. Supper will be chilli meatballs with green veg.
@DJC3 I don’t think the Green Cuisine plant burgers have a big reaction, they are mainly pea protein and I find them very tasty and easily digestible. I looked at lots of different plant burgers, fresh and frozen, and they varied hugely in the carb content. Two of these are 7.8g carbs and if I have had a lc lead up they make an occasional treat.

RosemaryJackson

Morning all. Lovely day and I am going on a coach trip, first outing since before first lockdown! Sooo looking forward to it. Bf was 2 slices of Livlife toast. Todays lunch is going to be a carvery so can be good. Teatime, not the foggiest .... yet. But I will be good. My bedtime reading was 6.8 last night so that's encouraging. Have a lovely day everyone.

Reactions: maglil55 and DJC3

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
It is expensive, I’m more worried that it’ll trigger sweetness cravings. I used to love milk chocolate, but now I can quite happily eat the bitter 100% stuff It’s probably a bit of a risk to try milk chocolate again. Nevertheless I have impulsively ordered a bar. I will report back.
I still can't cope with Lidl's 100%. If there were such a thing it's more a 120%. Incredibly bitter! Lovely that you are back xx

Reactions: DJC3

valuator

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
(April 12th)

Breakfast (9am): 0% greek yogurt with keto granola, black coffee
Snack (10:30am): None
Lunch (12pm): Homemade instant pot chicken soup (minimal potatoes)
Snack (3pm): Brogie with peanut butter
Dinner (9pm): Two grilled sausages
Evening Snack (10pm): Two low carb beers, small handful of peanuts

Walked 8.45km to bring my YTD total to 467.40km. My foot is feeling better, but not 100%. Just taking it easy to avoid further injury :(

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Nothing so far today. I was hanging around waiting for my cleaner to turn up, but she just phoned to say she'll come tomorrow instead. Having waited this long, I don't really feel like eating now, so I'll organise something for this evening. It will be smoked mackerel risotto, using cauliflower rice. Still not really convinced that it will work, but I'll try.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Breakfast - fried eggs on slices of Emmental, spread with marmite.
Felt really, really tired this morning, I struggled to get going. Finally realised that the big jug of coffee I’d put on first thing was decaf so I wasn’t getting my usual morning buzz. It’s probably a sign I’m drinking too much of the stuff.
Lunch- M&S hot smoked salmon with h/b eggs and h/m chilli mayo. 1 DGF cake.
Mid aft DGF cookie
Dinner- chicken & chorizo traybake with roast veg. Wine ( something else I should probably cut down on)
Thanks for the Plant burger info @PenguinMum I’ve always assumed they’d be high carb. We have a couple of off/on vegetarians in the family so it might be worth having some in the freezer as a standby, knowing I could have them if they didn’t get eaten.

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Reactions: DJC3 and valuator

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B: ff greek with seeds, blueberries and blackcurrants
Mid morning: 2 proper chocolate biscuits. Was pleased I stopped at 2 as they were put out at a committee meeting with command "help yourself"!
L: a bit of roast pork, 2 cherry tomatoes, 2 slices lc soda bread with cheese
D: bacon wrapped cauliflower. 15g montezumas 100%. Still find it too strong.

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
@MrsA2 we are clearly all very individual - inulin is something that I react really well to and I also use a few teaspoons of it to feed the friendly bacteria in my hm yoghurts it also produces very thick yoghurt. Shows how important it is to work out just what works for each person and their bg and their gut.
We’ve been dog sitting for a week now and will be until Easter Sunday and my sleep is suffering - he’s wonderful and entertaining in the day but misses our youngest and his partner at night so I’m sleep deprived which definitely affects my food control especially as the day goes on!
First thing a few spoons of hm yoghurts
Lunch two boiled eggs with a SLC roll followed by a few English strawberries and spoons of hm yoghurts - then remembered the four 85% chocolate batons in the cupboard - well they are now gone!
Mid pm a lc Adonis bar had in cupboard and not touched till now!
Dinner venison meatballs in hm passata and glass of dry red wine followed by lc brownie with spoon of yoghurt then indulged in unintended four squares of 90% lindt - I got tempted when shopping by a lindt offer and bought six bars at 3 for £5 and they arrived this morning.think they may feature over Easter! At least I didn’t buy any nuts! A tempting day .......

Jayne1983

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Two hard boiled eggs, couple of slices of low carb toast and vegimite for breakfast.
Three small sausage rolls for smoko.
Steak, mixed veggies, gravy, orange jelly with osmolax for lunch.
Small pot of Woolies pea and ham soup, couple of slices of toast for supper at six.

Glass of single malt whisky and a early night as I was not feeling real bright in my gut.

No carbs in the malt whisky I drink, in red wine there is about 2.5 grams per standard drink.
Hi thank you so I would have only half wine and diet lemonade with it I’ve not tried whisky do you mix it with a diet pop

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi thank you, so I would have only half wine and diet lemonade with it I’ve not tried whisky do you mix it with a diet pop

If you want to spoil a nice wine that can cost as much as a arm leg with soft drink go for it.

No I don't add any thing to adulterate whisky, that's why they sell whiskey because it's blended and a lot cheaper than killing the flavour of single malt whisky with soft drink.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@MrsA2 we are clearly all very individual - inulin is something that I react really well to and I also use a few teaspoons of it to feed the friendly bacteria in my hm yoghurts it also produces very thick yoghurt. Shows how important it is to work out just what works for each person and their bg and their gut.
We’ve been dog sitting for a week now and will be until Easter Sunday and my sleep is suffering - he’s wonderful and entertaining in the day but misses our youngest and his partner at night so I’m sleep deprived which definitely affects my food control especially as the day goes on!
First thing a few spoons of hm yoghurts
Lunch two boiled eggs with a SLC roll followed by a few English strawberries and spoons of hm yoghurts - then remembered the four 85% chocolate batons in the cupboard - well they are now gone!
Mid pm a lc Adonis bar had in cupboard and not touched till now!
Dinner venison meatballs in hm passata and glass of dry red wine followed by lc brownie with spoon of yoghurt then indulged in unintended four squares of 90% lindt - I got tempted when shopping by a lindt offer and bought six bars at 3 for £5 and they arrived this morning.think they may feature over Easter! At least I didn’t buy any nuts! A tempting day .......

Winner for swerving the nuts! I completely agree about sleep deprivation affecting food choices and hunger.
I’d forgotten all about Adonis bars, I used to like them.

Jayne1983

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
B: ff greek with seeds, blueberries and blackcurrants
Mid morning: 2 proper chocolate biscuits. Was pleased I stopped at 2 as they were put out at a committee meeting with command "help yourself"!
L: a bit of roast pork, 2 cherry tomatoes, 2 slices lc soda bread with cheese
D: bacon wrapped cauliflower. 15g montezumas 100%. Still find it too strong.
Hi so what happens if u get a little spike from the biscuits when in remission I really don’t understand this I’ve been told once diabetes u will always av it, but I don’t understand these treats honestly I’ve not had one im to scared I don’t understand it. I like to drink vodka n Pepsi max because I know that doesn’t effect me but I’d like to have a treat on my kids birthdays ext lol but I can’t bring my self to do it diabetes as scared the **** out of me im only 38 I want to stay reversed as long as I can xx

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I don’t understand these treats honestly I’ve not had one

That’s a wise choice. The thing with these ‘treats’ is that if you can stick to one every now and then, no harm is done. But I’ve learned the hard way that for someone with an addiction issue, one leads to two to three and so on, or once a week becomes daily, becomes a few times a day….and getting back off them is far, far harder than it was to remain abstinent for about the first year or so I was eating this way.

I’m pretty envious of those on here who have an ‘off switch’ or who can eat things in moderation. I can’t! So if you’re in any way worried I’d stick with what you’re doing.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
That’s a wise choice. The thing with these ‘treats’ is that if you can stick to one every now and then, no harm is done. But I’ve learned the hard way that for someone with an addiction issue, one leads to two to three and so on, or once a week becomes daily, becomes a few times a day….and getting back off them is far, far harder than it was to remain abstinent for about the first year or so I was eating this way.

I’m pretty envious of those on here who have an ‘off switch’ or who can eat things in moderation. I can’t! So if you’re in any way worried I’d stick with what you’re doing.
Yes its interesting that. I find a bit of DGF cake can be a nice treat with a cup of tea but its a different story with savoury snacks. I discovered the Curators pork puffs and started buying them in 12s but they would only last a week and I had to stop them completely. To today’s food.
Brekkie usual slice HiLo toast, good thick butter and lots of tea.
Lunch will be scrambled eggs.
Supper will be chunky fish fingers with green beans and tenderstem broccoli.
Probs wont get on here tomo as have a gathering of the clan. Am baking a large side of salmon, salsa verde, roasted Jersey Royals with rosemary, Med veg pasta bake, Ras al Hanuit cauliflower salad with chickpeas, pomegranite seeds, blobs goat cheese and yogurt, big green salad. Getting a frozen choc roulade from Cook for after and big dish of mixed berries. Sons’ GFs are vegetarian. There will be two dogs so no doubt I will be making scrambled eggs for my grandpuppy. As long as I can steer clear of thenpasta bake and potatoes I should be ok!