What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

Jayne1983

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Spiders any bugs. Horror films and diabetes even tho I’ve reversed it.
Protein shake with almond no sugar milk. Skipped lunch late tea chicken and pork turnip broccoli cauliflower sprouts 2 small lidl Yorkshire puddings gravey. Low carb brownie then we went the beach and walked walked loads I ask done 1 hour on my bike on the morning had a fibre one protein bar at the beach. Chicken leg and home I had 3 cans of coors 33 carbs and a few vodkas we have to many Easter eggs int he house 4 kids lots of eggs lol they haven’t bothered me yet

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Reactions: maglil55

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Bacon and a two egg omelette, fired up leftover veggies for breakfast.
Eatsre bunnies right ear, lemon / lime cordial with a big scoop of osmolax for smoko.
Savoury mince, with mushrooms and tomatoes, green veggies mixed in for lunch.
Small pot of pea and ham soup, two slices toast for supper at six.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi everyone very jealous of all the roast lamb but OH just doesn’t like it so might need to get a chop soon. Not quite the same though! Maybe a roast lunch out!
We did big meat bbq Saturday which was more than enough for the two days. Found some chicken breast slices marinated with lemongrass and coconut, chicken tikka kebabs, wagyu burgers and high meat sausages. Just needed a good salad to accompany the meat. Now today I have had enough of meat so lunch will be scrambled eggs and supper will be my fave Lo Dough pizza with goats cheese, cherry toms and mixed olives.
@Rachox and @MrsA2 hope you both soon on the mend and the shingles doesn’t go on for long and @MrsA2 your holiday can go ahead.

RosemaryJackson

Morning all, forgot to post yesterday so what I can remember is, fried egg on 1 slice toast; carvery, meat and veg and 1 small roast potato plus 1 ladle gravy. Evening meal was 2 slices of bread (26g carbs) with cream cheese and smoked salmon. Snack was 4 squares of 70% chocolate. This morning my fbg was 8.2. Today's food will be small chunk of cheese with 4 cherry toms for bf. Midday will be hm turkey burgers and salad and tonight I'll have a couple of boiled eggs. Snacks will be the ever present chocolate. Have a lovely Easter Monday in the sunshine.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Where did you get that? I went looking for one a few weeks ago and was told they no longer make them. Probably just as well!
They had them in the hotel chocolat here too. I resisted but their 100% laced with fruit and nut did have quite a draw on me! I'll go after Easter and get batons instead. When I was buying the eggs for the kids on Thursday, the shops I was in didn't have a dark egg in sight! Lucky escape.

Reactions: DJC3

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi everyone very jealous of all the roast lamb but OH just doesn’t like it so might need to get a chop soon. Not quite the same though! Maybe a roast lunch out!
We did big meat bbq Saturday which was more than enough for the two days. Found some chicken breast slices marinated with lemongrass and coconut, chicken tikka kebabs, wagyu burgers and high meat sausages. Just needed a good salad to accompany the meat. Now today I have had enough of meat so lunch will be scrambled eggs and supper will be my fave Lo Dough pizza with goats cheese, cherry toms and mixed olives.
@Rachox and @MrsA2 hope you both soon on the mend and the shingles doesn’t go on for long and @MrsA2 your holiday can go ahead.

I'm also feeling jealous about all the lamb people are having, plus all the lamb on TV cooking programmes at present but I promised Neil I wouldn't buy any more meat until there are less ready-made meat dishes in the freezer. Not that I could justify buying a leg, or even a shoulder but a chop or a lovely Barnsley chop would go down very well. Lamb is just about my favourite meat.

Reactions: DJC3 and maglil55

Outlier

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
You could always cook a barnsley for you and a pork chop or beefsteak for your beloved. We do this quite often, as OH doesn't like pork and I do.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
They had them in the hotel chocolat here too. I resisted but their 100% laced with fruit and nut did have quite a draw on me! I'll go after Easter and get batons instead. When I was buying the eggs for the kids on Thursday, the shops I was in didn't have a dark egg in sight! Lucky escape.

I’m away in Brum and haven’t dared go into HC as it’d inevitably lead to hot chocolate, cocoa whip and much more. I might be tempted to pop in and see whether 100% eggs have been discounted before I go home though - got a few for a very decent price a week or so after Easter a few years ago. Think @DJC3 benefitted from that haul too!

Have had my normal hotel brekkie this morning and am awaiting a friend for a decent walk and meal somewhere as yet undecided.

Reactions: maglil55

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Just about to make my minestrone - ratatouille with added gammon pieces and a few frozen peas.
2nd meal will be the rest of the gammon and the courgette in mustard sauce.

BG is still bouncing around - after dropping too low, it shot up to 16.4 and after taking a correction dose it came down to 5.4 but I didn't eat or drink anything and it dropped again to 3.9. Just ate a snack to bring it back up. Probably shoot up to the 9s or 10s now.

I will be having visitors on Thursday afternoon who will be expecting some carby treats with their tea, so I asked Neil to get me in some carby ingredients so that I can decide on what to give them. One thing I did want to give them was not carby - lemon and mint salad, but he couldn't get any fresh herbs at all and my mint hasn't started growing yet. He did bring home a bag of lemons though, so will have to think of something to do with those. Maybe still some kind of lemon salad but something else to calm the acid down a bit or maybe a different kind of salad with some of the lemon in it.

valuator

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
(April 17th)

Breakfast (9am): Black coffee
Snack (10:30am): None
Lunch (12pm): Lunch out with family, rotisserie chicken with coleslaw and Caesar salad
Snack (3pm): None
Dinner (8pm): Sirloin steak, no sides
Evening Snack (10pm): One low carb beer, one “special” beer

Walked 6.44km to bring my YTD total to 503.21km. One of my bottles of beer that was aging in the cellar hit 10 years so I decided to pop it open. A lovely Belgian beer, St. Bernardus Prior 8. I essentially had no carbs all day knowing I would open this in the evening.

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good sleep last night and better control of food choices consequently.
Mid am a few spoons of hm yoghurt with my supplements
Lunch cooked left over chicken leg followed by some stewed rhubarb and hm yoghurts and four squares of 100% choc with mint oil
Dinner remainder cooked roast chicken with salads and glass of dry white wine followed by lc blondie,

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I’m away in Brum and haven’t dared go into HC as it’d inevitably lead to hot chocolate, cocoa whip and much more. I might be tempted to pop in and see whether 100% eggs have been discounted before I go home though - got a few for a very decent price a week or so after Easter a few years ago. Think @DJC3 benefitted from that haul too!

Have had my normal hotel brekkie this morning and am awaiting a friend for a decent walk and meal somewhere as yet undecided.
They were £30 the 100% beastie. I was about 200 yds from the nearest HC today and I still resisted despite grandson encouraging me to go find a "black egg!" We were there to survey the Lego reductions in Smyths.

The 100% egg is now £15 - click & collect as none of the Edinburgh stores had it in stock I've ordered one.

Last edited:

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Small breakfast in bed of ff greek with seeds and blueberries
Spent morning in bed reading
L: cheese, olives, 1 tablespoon coleslaw. 2 sqa hn lc cake with cream
D: cold lamb, refried leftover veg hash. 1 proper profiterole in a really thick chocolate sauce.
Definitely comfort eating with no will power at all
Still poorly. Not sure now that I want to go on holiday if testing negative, but insurance doesn't cover 'colds' only covid. Not sure any fellow traveller would want to be anywhere near my sneezing and constant nose blowing, but they may not get choice! Then hubbys bound to go down with it when we are away:arghh:

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Didn't get around to preparing a meal yesterday (which should have been the last of the chicken livers with reheated veggies), just did some snacking throughout the evening.

Today, I didn't trust the chicken livers anymore, to the delight of my dogs and cats. I fried them in butter on high heat, leaving the inside rosé, cut them into small pieces to give everyone a fair chance and put the plate on the floor. I guess I now know what their favourite food is!

Fot myself I made tuna mayo with a lot of onion, green peppercorns and Greek yoghurt on a bed of endive, and egg mayo with the other half of the onion on a slice of low carb bread with a couple of thin rashers of bacon.

278851974_10225402721049317_61302247624218141_n.jpg

Last edited:

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries washed down with a black coffee
Late morning: black coffee and an Aldi protein bar.
Skipped lunch.
Mid afternoon: black coffee and a Phd bar.
Dinner Chinese take away: crispy duck, 3 small pancakes, a smidge of sauce and veggies followed by SF jelly and cream.
Hubby bought me a suitably dark chocolate egg with pink Himalayan salt and coco nibs, so nice that I had more than I should have but still feeling sorry for myself with this shingles :(

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Where did you get that? I went looking for one a few weeks ago and was told they no longer make them. Probably just as well!

Mail order, it was in the catalogue. I’m hoping they have them reduced soon too, I remember us both doing quite well from the sale prices previously.