1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2022 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

What have you eaten today?

Discussion in 'Low-carb Diet Forum' started by Administrator, Apr 20, 2015.

1. Mrs T 123

Mrs T 123 Type 2 (in remission!) · Well-Known Member

Brunch - 2 slices slc bread with roasted cheese on top. Mug of earl grey tea to set me up for the day

Dinner (out) - steak with peppercorn sauce on top with large salad which included cheese & coleslaw. 1 dgf notella cookie when home with a cuppa.

I am just back in from my walk - sun was late in coming out today not that long ago - but has stayed mostly dry today :)

• Like Like x 4
  2. maglil55

maglil55 Type 2 · Expert

Monday 9 May bed 9.1 FBG 7.9. Goodness knows why. Libre is out of sorts so I'm doing a lot of stabbing until it settles.

B. TAG and 2 slices of SLC toast with whipped cheese.

L. Pack of M&S serrano ham crisps. Hubby was going to our best man's funeral sovI had a bit of rushing about plus grandson had his latest high school visit. HC gin truffle.

D. Leftover cold cuts - roast beef, chicken, ox tongue, German mini sausage, santini tomatoes and coleslaw. DGF forest fruit with raspberries and a dash of cream.

Tuesday 10 May bed 8.2 FBG 7.

B. TAG and 2 slices of SLC toast with whipped cheese

L. M&S Pancetta crisps

D. A fishy evening. I had prawns needing used so I had a mix of tuna and sweetcorn on a bed of lettuce, prawns and Marie Rose, 1/2 avocado, santini tomatoes, edam.

HC gin truffle. 20220510_180039.jpg

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 2
  3. Antje77

Antje77 LADA · Moderator
    Staff Member

It tastes yum as well!

I cook cauliflower until soft, drain and leave for a bit without the lid to get rid of some more fluids.
    I add a generous knob of butter, an even more generous scoop of cream cheese and a crumbled vegetarian stock cube called 'garden herbs' in Dutch. You can of course use any stock cube or plain salt and some herbs, it's just that I like the flavour of those stock cubes. :)
    This time I also added a scoop of mustard and some grated cheese which needed to be eaten.

Stick blender does the rest, the trick is to keep stick-blendering for a long time, the structure will change to a creamy purée!

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    #50123 Antje77, May 15, 2022 at 8:00 PM
    Last edited: May 15, 2022
  4. maglil55

maglil55 Type 2 · Expert

Hugs for the more restricted diet.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Overwhelmed

Overwhelmed Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Breakfast 1030hrs, pouched eggs, bacon x3 and mushrooms
    Lunch 1400hrs, kippers, cheese, some anti pesto meats, peppers cherry tomatoes and spinach large dollop of mayo
    Dinner 1730hrs steak, green veg and cheesy cauliflower

• Like Like x 4
  6. Rachox

Rachox Type 2 (in remission!) · Moderator
    Staff Member

@Riva_Roxaban , my husband is currently enjoying a bottle of ten yr old Laphroaig which we found under the stairs at my late Mum and Dad’s house. Dad loved it and the smell makes me think of family christmases at their house.
    Anyway food today:
    Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries washed down with a black coffee.
    Late morning: black coffee and a carb killa bar.
    Skipped lunch.
    Mid afternoon: black coffee and a phd bar.
    Tea at ILs: cold meat, cheese and salad buffet followed by one Jaffa cake!

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. MrsA2

MrsA2 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

I know you post this whenever you go to mil's, but I have to post to admire your restraint. I was recently faced with a box of jaffa cakes, had one and then the temptation eat the whole lot was so strong! I think it was wrestled out of my hands after 4, thank heavens.
    How do you stop at 1?

• Friendly Friendly x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Riva_Roxaban

Riva_Roxaban Type 2 · Well-Known Member

It's a very nice single malt, your Dad had a good taste for them @Rachox.
    I will enjoy, thank you.
    Thank you.

• Friendly Friendly x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Rachox

Staff Member

I eat the savoury parts of the meal at the table and then go and sit on the sofa with the Jaffa cake, so the remaining Jaffas are out of easy reach, anyway everyone else tucks in so they don’t last long!

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  10. Riva_Roxaban

Cheese on toast for breakfast.
    Savoury liver and bacon, mushrooms, onions and sliced spudlites for lunch.
    Home made fish cakes for supper at six.

Five or six bit of naked ginger, small glass of Laphroaig watching a movie "We Still Steal The Old Way" on Prime, good casting , it has most of the crooked cops from The Bill in it all growed up.:D

• Like Like x 6
  11. RosemaryJackson

RosemaryJackson · Well-Known Member

Morning all. Skipping bf because it's Monday... pensioner's lunch club day. Have no idea what's in store for me but will try to even out the damage at teatime by a no-carb meal. And be really good tomorrow. And the next. Have a great week everyone

• Like Like x 3
  12. Jayne1983

Jayne1983 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

I love reading your food diary’s I wish I dare to do what you do I want to but I’m scared to I’ve been in remission since last June with 4 kids in the house they are lots of treats around me I don’t know how I do it. Do these little treats effect u long tear awe will it just be like a little spike to the blood then it goes back tomorrow? I don’t understand stand it all xx I hope you had a lovely time with friends n family over at the weekend

• Hug Hug x 1
  13. Annb

Annb Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Breakfast was mashed avocado on a slice of wholemeal toast. Took insulin half an hour exactly before eating. BG is within range just now.

I still have some of the chicken thighs from yesterday so will do something with those and some vegetables.

I'm just taking a rest from cleaning out my kitchen fridge - there was something smelling kind of fishy in there, but I can't find anything in there to cause the smell. Neil can't smell it at all, but it is definitely there. So everything is out and all the shelves and compartments are washed and air drying at present. I think I'll have to put a dish of bicarb soda in to make sure the smell goes away. Also chucking out some bottled fruits that have been kept too long - all to the good.

• Like Like x 3
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  14. Rachox

Staff Member

Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries washed down with a black coffee.
    Late morning: black coffee and a carb killa bar.
    Skipped lunch.
    Mid afternoon: black coffee and another carb killa bar.
    Dinner: kedgeree made with cauliflower rice followed by SF strawberry jelly and cream.

2DCFDA34-B5FF-405C-9476-BA5685876A98.jpeg

• Like Like x 4
  15. DJC3

DJC3 Type 2 · Expert

@Jayne1983 you’re doing really well especially with 4 kids in the house. Someone on the forum suggested a while ago that keeping your food in a separate cupboard to everyone else’s carby stuff might help? It is difficult when everyone around you is eating differently.
    @Riva_Roxaban I’m just starting to catch up but it looks like your new pills have stopped the bleeding so I hope you’re feeling a bit better now. Laphroaig is the perfect medicine. I love ginger too.
    I still have no kitchen and no sink downstairs so preparing meals is a pain. Washing up has to be done in upstairs shower!
    L/C roll with cheese and ham
    D- beef skirt cooked in slow cooker with microwaved veg. Followed by Brie and red wine.
    Walnuts and a few 100% choc buttons at some point during the day.

• Like Like x 4
    • Hug Hug x 1
  16. MrsA2

Yes, we have separate tins for 'treats'. I don't go in theirs and they don't go in mine.
    I could have addict tendencies so I don't even do the shopping for their stuff else I'd eat it in the way home from the supermarket. That said they now choose to have fewer treats as they have seen the positive changes in me.

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  17. MrsA2

B: 2 chicken drumsticks
    Coffee with cream
    Exercise class
    L: salad with ham and camembert, olives, pickled veg. 1 sq hm lc cake.
    Midafternoon munchies. Ate more camembert and found some leftover icing so that vanished too. :banghead: felt quite ill after.
    D: frittata with salmon, salad. 1 large red wine

• Like Like x 3
  18. Riva_Roxaban

01 The tablets are working ok, I have cut the dosage down now as instructed.

02 It's certainly helping me sleep better with my pain killers,

03 A lightly toasted crust of bread and ginger marmalade to drool over.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Jayne1983

Mmmm answer someone else question but not mine

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  20. Jayne1983

All as I wanted to know is it ok to have the odd treat

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook