What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
And how do you get them so perfectly fried?
Dip and coat more than once, with a stint in the fridge inbetween. Mixing sesame seeds into the coating gives a nice crispy coat. The "red" comes from paprika in the mix. I use sweet paprika as hot plus the Mexican cheese would be too much.
I fry a little to seal then transfer to the oven.

Reactions: DJC3

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries washed down with a black coffee.
Late morning: black coffee and a carb killa bar.
Skipped lunch.
Mid afternoon: black coffee and a food dr bar.
Dinner: chilli with cauli rice followed by SF strawberry jelly and cream.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I remember your rissoles, always thought they sounded good but never got round to making them, do you fry or oven bake?
Sorry about your leg pain, I’ve missed quite a lot of the going’s on here over the last few months, is it related to your accident?
Both. Fry a bit first then into the oven. I keep meaning to try them in the air fryer. The secret to the crispy coat is the sesame seeds in the mix (and the double dip and coat with a stint in the fridge inbetweeen).

My legs have been weird on and off for a while now. I've been getting quite extreme pins and needles. It usually lasts about 3 days then goes away. I've put up with it because I have more sensation in my feet afterwards. This time it was just my right leg, it lasted ages but again it has gone and I have more sensation. Physio posed the question do I want to go through tests/scans/MRIs again while it goes away and leaves more sensation? Answer to that is No, so I put up with it when it happens. It was quite severe this time but thankfully just one leg.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Saturday 18 June - bed 7 8 FBG 8.1 Just had to get the boys and parents to jujitsu and back then I could rest and work on my dodgy leg.

B. TAG

L. Piece of crustless quiche when I got back from jujitsu.

D. Was wondering what to have when my pizza order from SLC arrived! I added bits of chicken, tomato and more cheese.

SLC are now selling the bases on their own now.

Reactions: Riva_Roxaban

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Both. Fry a bit first then into the oven. I keep meaning to try them in the air fryer. The secret to the crispy coat is the sesame seeds in the mix (and the double dip and coat with a stint in the fridge inbetweeen).

My legs have been weird on and off for a while now. I've been getting quite extreme pins and needles. It usually lasts about 3 days then goes away. I've put up with it because I have more sensation in my feet afterwards. This time it was just my right leg, it lasted ages but again it has gone and I have more sensation. Physio posed the question do I want to go through tests/scans/MRIs again while it goes away and leaves more sensation? Answer to that is No, so I put up with it when it happens. It was quite severe this time but thankfully just one leg.

Thanks for the rissole info. I must remember to give them a try. I think of you whenever I see Mexican cheese actually!
Weird about your leg(s) could it be the physio is helping the nerves to regenerate? Hope it doesn’t get any worse.

Reactions: maglil55

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

@maglil55 - Have you had your B12 checked recently? Pins and needles (and them lingering) are a common symptom of B12 deficiency.

I know you have other probably causes, but it'd still be good to discount the low B12?

Overwhelmed

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes, rudeness
1000hrs scrambled eggs and bacon
1300hrs cold meats, boiled egg , tuna wrapped in lettuce leaves
1730hrs fried prawns, chorizo, courgettes red onion in butter on cauliflower rice

Reactions: maglil55 and Annb

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B: yoghurt, seeds, strawberry
L: 2 hard boiled eggs, mayo, salt, tablespoon tuna, tablespoon coleslaw. Half a peach, yog, cream
D: hm pork curry. 1/4 of posh macaroon (hubbys fathers day gift). Interesting but didn't need any more. In the old days I'd have scoffed all 12 without even thinking about it

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Have not been eating much last couple of days, the full up feeling switch keeps tripping out when I have something to eat.

Left over breakfast from the day before in a toasted sandwich.
Sausage roll for smoko.
Red Rooster chicken, mashed up leftover veggies and gravy for lunch.
RR chicken in a toasted sandwich, cuppa soup for supper at six,

Glasss of single malt whisky watching, and a early night to bed, we put a doona on the bed seeing as it was winter solstice eve. as the night are getting pretty cool now.

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Bacon and egg breakfast but still a bit hungry so may need a snack before long.
2nd meal will be some more of the goulash to get it finished off.

Reactions: DJC3 and maglil55

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thanks for the rissole info. I must remember to give them a try. I think of you whenever I see Mexican cheese actually!
Weird about your leg(s) could it be the physio is helping the nerves to regenerate? Hope it doesn’t get any worse.
I asked him about that when I was there last week. He agreed with the neurologist that it wouldn't be normal but, there again, my nervous system is so peculiar that anything is possible. It's just not "wired" the same now.

Sunday 19 June - bed 7.8 FBG 7.6

B. TAG and 2 slices of SLC toast with ox tongue and coleslaw.

L. Nothing at swimming lessons.

D. Usual campari and soda. Rib eye steak with pepper sauce and a mix of spinach, exotic mushrooms and santini tomatoes. Gin truffle (none left now!)

@Riva_Roxaban sorry to read you are having gut issues again.
20220619_190753.jpg

Reactions: DJC3 and Annb

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Monday 20 June - bed 8.1 FBG 8.7

@AndBreathe - I wish is was but it isn't. I was walloped twice driving on the M6 by a very large articulated lorry (foreign left hand drive). It wasn't picked up immediately that there was damage to the thoracic spine which resulted in my spinal cord being gradually crushed flat. That's was caused all the damage to the nervous system It was 15 years ago and the reckoning was I'd be in a wheelchair in 5! I'm still walking with the aid of a crutch and driving so I feel quite lucky. It was major surgery and a great neurosurgeon that got me here.

B. TAG and a piece of crustless quiche.

L. Nothing back on the usual school run and grandson here for lunch.

D. Veal with the remains of the pepper sauce and a mix of exotic mushrooms, asparagus and tomatoes this time. Grenade Ice cream bar.

Wee fellow got his Level 5 swimming certificate which he's highly delighted about.
20220620_184016.jpg

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
07878408-8B16-49EB-9893-753D665A3CDD.jpeg

Inspired by @DJC3 i put some of my hm yoghurts with some chia seeds overnight in a bowl in fridge.had this morning about 10am with a few home grown strawberries - delicious and more filling than just the yoghurts.
1ish two cold boiled eggs while out and a few squares of 100% chocolate
5ish sea bass and green beans followed by some more berries and hm yoghurts.

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Slept really long and deep - about 2 hours longer than usual, and for once hubby (aka The Creature of Habit) didn't try to wake me, or, apparently he tried but I stayed asleep!

B: yoghurt, seeds, 1 strawberry
Dancing
L: 2 chicken thighs from the supermarket hot counter, bit of salad, half a peach and yoghurt. 2 tiny bites of 2 more of hubbys macarons.
More dancing
D: 2 chicken thighs roasted with spices, carrots and courgette. Sauce made from stirring a bit of plain yoghurt into the pan juices. Small ice cream

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries washed down with a black coffee.
Late morning: black coffee and a carb killa bar.
Skipped lunch.
Mid afternoon: black coffee and a food dr bar.
Dinner: chicken supreme with Brussels and runner beans followed by SF cherry jelly and cream.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
View attachment 55098
Inspired by @DJC3 i put some of my hm yoghurts with some chia seeds overnight in a bowl in fridge.had this morning about 10am with a few home grown strawberries - delicious and more filling than just the yoghurts.
1ish two cold boiled eggs while out and a few squares of 100% chocolate
5ish sea bass and green beans followed by some more berries and hm yoghurts.

Home grown strawberries, what a treat!

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I asked him about that when I was there last week. He agreed with the neurologist that it wouldn't be normal but, there again, my nervous system is so peculiar that anything is possible. It's just not "wired" the same now.

Sunday 19 June - bed 7.8 FBG 7.6

B. TAG and 2 slices of SLC toast with ox tongue and coleslaw.

L. Nothing at swimming lessons.

D. Usual campari and soda. Rib eye steak with pepper sauce and a mix of spinach, exotic mushrooms and santini tomatoes. Gin truffle (none left now!)

@Riva_Roxaban sorry to read you are having gut issues again. View attachment 55096

Your food always looks fabulous, I should stop looking at this thread at bedtime, it just makes me hungry again.
Keeping fingers crossed that your dodgy nerve wiring is sorting itself out and you’ll see a permanent improvement.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Cheese omelette and sauerkraut at breakfast.

Lunch was sliced Turkey breast, Brie, nuts and 2 cherry toms followed by h/m yoghurt and unsweetened stewed rhubarb

Dinner was ‘leftover surprise’. The rest of Sunday’s brisket, fried leek, aubergine, fresh chilli, cumin and coriander Pine nuts all piled onto large portabella mushrooms and topped with cheese and baked. Plus Roast broccoli and 2 glasses red.

Overwhelmed

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes, rudeness
0930hrs B scrambled egg with chorizo mixed through and 2x 85% pork sausages
1200hrs L had something on today so just made chia seed pudding and greek yogart for on the go
1700hrs D fried veg with chicken fillets in creamy cheesy chilli sauce