What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Sausages and three well done eggs, two slices toast and ginger marmalade for breakfast.
Homemade shephards pie with pumpkin on my portion, veggies for lunch.
Slow cooked whatever casserole for dinner.

Glass of single malt whicky before a early night.

Felt a bit better yesterday, it must have been something passing through before.

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Sausages and three well done eggs, two slices toast and ginger marmalade for breakfast.
Homemade shephards pie with pumpkin on my portion, veggies for lunch.
Slow cooked whatever casserole for dinner.
Glass of single malt whicky before a early night.
Felt a bit better yesterday, it must have been something passing through before.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dinner was ‘leftover surprise’.
Great name!

I know someone who calls that ‘If it’s’, short for ‘if it’s in the fridge it goes in’!

Yesterday I ate air fried pork belly pieces and an assortment of rubbish in the afternoon, which then meant I wasn’t hungry enough for dinner, but am now hungry much earlier than usual in the morning.

Have an array of things in the fridge to choose from today after a Waitrose delivery yesterday and haven’t yet decided what it’ll be. Either mince, pork belly, lamb ribs or bacon and eggs.

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Breakfast: 1 slice of toast and some cold ham after about 3 cups of tea, waiting to see if I could have any breakfast (ie, if the pharmacy had my insulin).

Feeling quite hungry so I might just fast-forward my 2nd meal (still needing to use the goulash) to early afternoon and hope that will do me for the day.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Great name!

I know someone who calls that ‘If it’s’, short for ‘if it’s in the fridge it goes in’!

Yesterday I ate air fried pork belly pieces and an assortment of rubbish in the afternoon, which then meant I wasn’t hungry enough for dinner, but am now hungry much earlier than usual in the morning.

Have an array of things in the fridge to choose from today after a Waitrose delivery yesterday and haven’t yet decided what it’ll be. Either mince, pork belly, lamb ribs or bacon and eggs.

I sympathise with the eating rubbish messing up the hunger signals. Doesn’t matter how often I tell myself not to fill up on rubbish, it still happens now and then. The Waitrose goodies will hopefully get you back on track today- a good haul!

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Heat definitely makes me less hungry so a lightish eating day with lots of cold hm yoghurts!
10ish overnight hm yoghurts with chia seeds and a few home grown berries
1ish some hm yoghurts and a few more of my berries followed by a few squares of 100% chocolate
5ish venison meatballs in hm passata with glass of dry red wine followed by more yoghurt and berries!
I’m planning to make kefir, once grains ready - so some organic milk kefir grains were ordered and I’ve started activating them today in some organic milk. It seems it can take several goes to get them at their best - will see how it goes but looking forward to eventually introducing hm kefir to my diet as it’s got such a diverse amount of different friendly gut bacteria. I’ve also got more fermenting projects planned over next few weeks - aim to do more cultured veggies (think cultured vegetables sounds more appealing than fermented!) and possibly trying baking some very slow ferment sour dough rye bread - but if do succeed in this one a close eye will be kept on my bgs. I was gifted a sour dough starter culture by my youngest sons partner a week or so ago,so feel it would be a good opportunity for an experiment. OH says he’s happy to eat it if a trial slice dosent work for my bgs so it won’t go to waste!Would also like to try making fermented kombucha - but think will see how other projects work first!

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@maglil55 as expected I have lost the sous vide time/temp for the duck breasts. Would you mind sharing again please?
Glad I did a screenshot?
Screenshot_20220607-173316.jpg

Reactions: DJC3

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Tuesday 21 June - bed 7.5 FBG 7.8

School sports day for the youngest - he got 4 firsts and a 3rd.

B. Just TAG. Running about às usual (not literally obviously)

L. Bit of crustless quiche.

D. M&S best ever prawn cocktail, poached salmon fillet, 1/2 avocado and santini tomatoes. Grenade Ice cream bar and 4 King cherries.

Gin and zero lemonade with a slice of orange.

@MrsA2 - I sympathise! I keep asking Hubby why does he feel the need to wake me on a Sunday (to ask am I OK) - My one day I don't have to be anywhere early!

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I’m Watching your fermenting trials with interest @shelley262 and looking forward to progress reports.
Todays food was
B- overnight seeds & yoghurt
Mid morning black coffee and lovely catch up with a friend in a garden centre cafe terrace.
L- cold chicken, cream cheese and sauerkraut in SLC roll. H/m yoghurt and unsweetened rhubarb to follow.
D- sesame crusted salmon with roast veg, steamed spinach and grilled Halloumi . 2 glasses white wine.
DGF Brookie just now. I’m going to stop buying these cakes ( I must have said that 100 times)
IMG_1655924328.193212.jpg

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries washed down with a black coffee.
Late morning: black coffee a carb killa bar.
Skipped lunch.
Mid afternoon: black coffee and a food dr bar.
Dinner: broccoli and cauliflower cheese with runner beans and Brussels followed by SF blackcurrant jelly and cream.

8EEC36F2-326A-4D4A-960C-4809B20816C1.jpeg

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Yesterday I had a job as a deckhand to bring a sailing ship from Terschelling to Stavoren, only the skipper and I, no wind, so we went under motor for a long day.
Still, it was a very nice day with a skipper I hadn't worked with before. Turned out she and I had no trouble finding stuff to talk about for 9 hours straight so we haven't been bored at all! :)

Her last group left too much food for her so todays meal was cobbled together from what I took home: broccoli, bell pepper and mushrooms with a cheesy onion sauce (colour comes from the tomato paste I added as an experiment, can recommend!) and very thin and crispy rashers of bacon. :hungry:
And enough left for tomorrow too. :)

289626953_10225742202056130_2970716203320670515_n.jpg

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Bacon, two egg and cheese omelette, two slices toat and vegimite for breakfast.
Two sausage rolls for smoko with the newish Blue Care nurse, when she finished the doinng the dressing on my legs.
Slow cooker stew and veggies for lunch.
Tin of pumpkin soup and two slices of toast for supper at six.

Some pepper crackers and blue cheese watching Prime TV.

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Talking leftovers, I had carefully saved the stalks of last week's cabbage and broccoli and cauliflower ready to make "fridge gravel" to find son had thrown them out :arghh:.
He has now been re-educated to know that , if they are in the fridge in a bag then I've not gone crazy and they are being carefully stored for a reason .

A cooking day today as I had volunteered to provide some low carb food for a social event the local WI were holding. Not only was this WI but at least 4 members are professional cake makers. No pressure then :nailbiting:
Sausage rolls in fathead dough (1st try, tasty, not very attractive and not really worth the bother. Plain sausages (95% chipolatas)would have done)
Cauliflower cheese savory (a hit, always works and goes down a treat)
Seedy crackers (again not uniform in looks but loved by most)
Rhubarb and ginger cake (another hit, used ground almonds and Truvia sweetner but only 40g to give 30 bite size pieces)
Coffee cake (another hit, used coconut flour, very runny batter gave a very moist cake)

So today I mostly ate tastings and leftovers
And 2 glasses white wine

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Talking leftovers, I had carefully saved the stalks of last week's cabbage and broccoli and cauliflower ready to make "fridge gravel" to find son had thrown them out :arghh:.
He has now been re-educated to know that , if they are in the fridge in a bag then I've not gone crazy and they are being carefully stored for a reason .
Reminds me of when aged around 12 or so, I ‘helpfully’ threw away a pan of greasy water sitting in the kitchen, only to be told later it was in fact a pan of stock my dad had made!

Yesterday I went for the Waitrose lamb ribs. Just air fried with salt. Delicious. The day disappeared due to an unnecessarily long zoom call, so ended up with yoghurt, double cream and raspberries for ‘dinner’.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Been away in Padstow for the last week, household of 11 people celebrating son’s wedding. I fell into a pattern of following the white diet eating twice a day! Half the household shared a vicious little tummy bug so I stuck to a slice of white bread toast in the morning and an early supper of white fish and green veg. Mercifully neither Mr PM or I caught the bug though those affected left after two days. But we were very careful with food choices and hand hygiene just in case. Normal service starts tomo what a shock to the system that will be!

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Broke my fast at 1 pm after we got back from the hospital appointment. I felt very hungry and made myself a 3 egg mushroom omelette. It could have been earlier, but I was unable to stand and move around, so I had to wait until I could pluck up courage to just put up with the pain and stand at the cooker - that was once the pain killers had started to kick in.

I will have a second meal today, although right now I'm pretty full. It will be bacon and sausage casserole with lots of veggies. Might even put in a few beans or perhaps peas.

BG was pretty high, despite having no food - 12.9 before I went out and 11.4 by the time we got back. Since taking Humalog and eating it has dropped to 6.5 though. Happy with that.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

A cooking day today as I had volunteered to provide some low carb food for a social event the local WI were holding. Not only was this WI but at least 4 members are professional cake makers. No pressure then :nailbiting:
Sausage rolls in fathead dough (1st try, tasty, not very attractive and not really worth the bother. Plain sausages (95% chipolatas)would have done)
Cauliflower cheese savory (a hit, always works and goes down a treat)
Seedy crackers (again not uniform in looks but loved by most)
Rhubarb and ginger cake (another hit, used ground almonds and Truvia sweetner but only 40g to give 30 bite size pieces)
Coffee cake (another hit, used coconut flour, very runny batter gave a very moist cake)

So today I mostly ate tastings and leftovers
And 2 glasses white wine

Lucky WI. All sounds wonderful.
I’m intrigued by ‘fridge gravel’.