What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

chri5

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
B - omelette muffins with bacon lardons 1/2 hp roll with butter
L - avocado chocolate mousse
D - no idea yet but it will feature cabbage heavily, plus I have just fetched a bottle of bourbon to help drown my cold ;).
Dinner turned out to be slow braised pigs cheeks with a mountain of cabbage (as predicted) and by God was it good!:). Bourbon has killed my sore throat as well, shall sleep tonight;).

Reactions: 6 people

GeoffersTaylor

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Not being able to like beer anymore!!
B - McDonalds
L - Sardines in tomato sauce
D - Pork medallions with fried eggs and cauli rice
S - merlot - pork scratchings, coffee & cream

Reactions: 4 people

britishpub

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B: 2 soft boiled eggs (well that was what I "ordered"...didn't turn out that way) and 1 slice of LivLife ( aka 2 mouthfuls)
L: Cold Roast Beef, Mayonnaise, Dijon & Baby Toms
D: Roasted Cod in a Chorizo and Tomato sauce, with Pea Puree and assorted green veggies
P: Blueberries, shaved 85% and double cream

Reactions: 2 people

chri5

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
B: 2 soft boiled eggs (well that was what I "ordered"...didn't turn out that way) and 1 slice of LivLife ( aka 2 mouthfuls)
L: Cold Roast Beef, Mayonnaise, Dijon & Baby Toms
D: Roasted Cod in a Chorizo and Tomato sauce, with Pea Puree and assorted green veggies
P: Blueberries, shaved 85% and double cream
Love the cod in chorizo & tom sauce, you can use an almost identical sauce (add diced peppers and chilli to taste) to poach eggs in ...........beautiful!

muzza3

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Cauliflower pretending to be rice and any vegetable pretending to be pasta
S Milk Coffee
B Sausage Egg and Tomato
L Vegetable Soup
S Milk Coffee
D Sausage Egg and Tomato

Carbs 61g

Blitzie

L - Egg,bacon,sausage,tomatoes,50% less sugar beans,mushrooms, 1 kingsmill crust away bread,butter. Coffee
D - Slow cooked brisket,cauli mash,cabbage,sprouts with a small amount of gravy
S - Low carb pita bread,chicken,salad. Greek yoghurt, 2 strawberries & 2 grapes chopped. Coffee

Veg oxo cube
Pork scratchings
Total carbs 58g

KayeStevenson

Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
Diet only
Breakfast - Almond flour pancake with flax , mixed seeds, full fat greek yogurt and summer berries
Lunch - bacon, scrambled eggs, 3 low carb aldi crackers with cream cheese
dinner - aubergine lasagne ( minced meat, onions, grated carrot, garlic in bolognese sauce layered over sliced aubergine and topped with a pot of full fat creme fraiche, some grated cheese and peri peri salt sprinkled on top and cooked in oven for 25 mins - freeze half for next time) and an almond flour carrot cup cake

Low carb Aldi crackers? Do tell. I love crackers!

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Evnin' All

Thank you for all you hugs while i was on my deathbed. Much appreciated.
The resurrection is now well underway. :D

Wed:
B: coffeencream
L: coyo
D: chicken soup

Thur:
L: salad provided by my beloved, from the Morrison's salad bar. Didn't really want it, so toyed with it til he wandered off, then ditched the rest in the bottom of the bin. Shhhh!
D: chicken soup

Today:
L: 1x butchers sausage
D: will be slow cooked barbecue ribs in a very vegetabley tomato sauce thing. Should be interesting, cos i threw it all together yesterday when i realised the ribs had reached their deadline - while having no sense of smell and v little sense of taste. It'll be an adventure! :D

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello everybody
B. Raspberries and cream

L. 2 baby sausages

D. Smoked mackerel with melted cheese on top with a slice of Newburn gluten free bread.

D

debrasue

Mmmm, yes - this sounds good! I'll give it a try... Thank you, ladies!
Update @Brunneria and @AndBreathe : You were right, ladies; it's a gorgeous cake - deliciously moist and crumbly. I added a topping using 40g Chocologic sugar-free chocolate melted with 10g butter (mainly because my oven was running a little hot and the top looked a bit dark), and it works out at 220cals and 4.6g carbs per slice. Scrumptious! Thank you...
(I'll bet it would be yummy with some chopped black cherries in it, too... Or maybe leave out the chocolate and substitute orange or lemon zest and a 'drizzle' topping made from orange or lemon juice and stevia...)

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    186.2 KB · Views: 184
Reactions: 5 people

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yes! All my fillings sink too.
And my top goes dark brown.
Lol.

The cherries would be gorgeous. And boozy drizzling would work like a charm...

D

debrasue

B/L: Bacon, 2 sausages, plum tomatoes and fried egg (brunch at the pub with my daughter and the Tiny Terrorists)
D: Salmon with pak choi & mascarpone, broccoli, cauliflower, courgettes
S: Raspberries & cream
Carbs: 43.7
Cals: Let's talk about something else... (The mascarpone was higher in cals than I realised. Should have checked that before I scoffed it! :()
Oh well, tomorrow's another day.
(I've put the recipe for the salmon on the Low Carbs Recipes forum, in case anyone wants to risk it - it was very good and only 3.6g carbs per serving, but it is quite high in calories...)

D

debrasue

I used to live in Baltimore which had city markets often with stalls from odd perceyers. One time, I got the whole smoked pig's head so I took a big ole crab pot and in the bottom part with the lid, not the steamer part, I slow cooked that whole head with just brown mustard seeds from India, coriander, cumin seed, some bay laurel leaves and a few pods of this and that and a few kinds of pepper corns. Did I mention the gallon or so of water?I may have zipped it up with a couple tiny Chinese bird peppers toward the end, maybe a half pound of poddling radishes from the garden, few shallots, whatever.... After a while in the first part of the cooking, I baiscally took out the head, removed all the meaty and gelatinous stuff , put the former, inclusive of eyes, into one pile and refrigerated, put the other and similar and the skull back in the liquid which had reduced somewhat and had a couple additionsand when I liked the look of it and the smell of it a few hours down the line, sieved it and put all that back in the pot. When I thought I had something wiggle gelatinous, I added chopped up head meat to it's reduced self in a couple loaf pans and made head cheese. Needed a tweek of vinegar here and a tad of salt there, but basically was great.
Sorry, @Galja, and PLEASE don't take this personally, but... oh dear! :yuck: I can't even bring myself to look sideways at a pig's head. Head cheese????? :eek: And the eyes?!! What did you refrigerate the eyes for??? No second thoughts, don't tell me......

lorsand

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Breakfast - 2 scrambled eggs with pepper
Lunch - 2 mini meatloaves from the Diabetic Cook Book - yum, and greek yogurt
Tea - chicken breast, feta cheese and salad
Snacks - I'm not really a snacker so none today

PenfoldAPD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
So tonight I was longing for the Friday night Indian - like the pre diagnosis days. So from COOK we bought a Red Thai curry - 10g of carbs, and I went for Jasmine rice too. 7.7 registered 1 hour afterwards, 2 hours afterwards back to 5.8 - so is that OK for me? Or the spike too much? Happy with the curry most of the time but occasionally I like the rice

D

debrasue

I take it you're not emailing me for my famous pickled lamb's tongues recipe?

The eyes, dear, do not bear overcooking and once they are cooked, should be enjoyed forthwith
Pickled lambs tongues? Is that how the phrase "Eeeeeewwwe" originated? :joyful:
The only eyes I'm going to be enjoying are the ones twinkling in people's faces.
Love your sense of humour, @Galja - gonna take a rain check on the recipes! x

GeoffersTaylor

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Not being able to like beer anymore!!
Bad boy yesterday ...
B - Mcdonalds
L - McDonalds again! Chicken strips
D - Home made burger & cheese
S - Stella Artois (too many!)

Reactions: 6 people

John_boy27

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Coronation St
Emmerdale.
Trying low carb diet.. lost 3st since xmas. 6.2 in morning' 5.2 late afternoon. next A1c test 3 weeks time. A1c in January 50. Masonic Ladies night next week. just have to stick to vodka and slime line tonic.