What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

RosemaryJackson

Morning all. Still out of sorts so am going to eat less today again. I have lamb's liver with green veg for lunch and teatime salad with boiled eggs and maybe 1 Ryvita. I bought a lot of packs of Ryvitas on special offer from Sainsbury's a while ago and have nearly finished them so am going to change to Crackerbread which are less carbs. Anything to get the carb content down and not feel deprived! Enjoy your Subday.

Reactions: maglil55

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
No kedgeree for me today. Around 12.30 pm my stomach was really sore and I drank some water to try to make it feel better. Next thing I knew I was rushing to the toilet with a huge pain in my abdomen. That has continued over the rest of the afternoon and although it has calmed down a bit, I think no more food today would be the best option. Plenty of water though to keep up the hydration. Maybe this is the payback for yesterday's performance.

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Looks like ryvita is one to avoid. I didn’t measure before but it can’t have been high. After, 7.5.
Same here, anything with grains, especially wheat, gives a higher rise then the number of carbs should :arghh:

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B: 1 cold sausage and some hm lc yoghurt
Walk and blackberry pick with a friend
L: some hm lc cauliflower cheese savoury squares, topped with Polish ham and a teaspoon coleslaw. Olives and cucumber on the side. Blackberries and yoghurt. 2 sqs 85% choc. 2 hazelnut biscuits (was very hungry)
D: roast chicken with greens, broccoli and carrot. A little hm lc hazelnut icecream. Tastes quite sweet, think the sweetener tastes stronger than real sugar.

I've now been a full week without any wine or other alcohol in the hope it was that causing my small weight gain. No change to the weight, yet

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries washed down with a black coffee.
Late morning: black coffee and a carb killa bar.
Skipped lunch.
Mid afternoon: black coffee and a PE bar.
Tea at ILs: cold meat, cheese and salad buffet followed by one Jaffa cake!

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Mashed left over veggies on toast for breakfast.
No smoko.
Chicken leg for lunch asould not eat anything else with it,
Leftover lunchtime veggies mashed on toast foe supper at six.

Small glass of single malt, and early night to bed.

Reactions: Annb and maglil55

RosemaryJackson

Morning all. Hope everyone has a good week.:) Its Pensioner's lunch today, so I'm going to have to be more careful. I've proved to myself that I eat too many carbs so today no dessert and only the starter if it's pate! For years I ignored the fact that I was type 2 and now I take it more seriously, at 84 I find it so difficult to stick to low carb. After a lifetime of eating carbs, it's so hard to imagine that something that tastes so nice can do you harm!

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thursday 4 August - bed 7.2 FBG 6.7. A bit behind again.

B. TAG and a bit crustless quiche.

L. M&S pancetta crisps and a SLC not cross bun with lurpack.

D. A 2 egg omelette with pancetta, tomato, mushrooms and spinach. 4 strawberries and a dash of cream.

Got to Aqua today and a wee swim afterwards.

Friday 5 August - bed 7 FBG 6.5

B. TAG and 2 slices of SLC toast with pate.

L. Nothing

D. Chicken korma with a cauliflower rice I laced with spring onion, peas, thinly sliced button mushrooms.
Nicks coconut bar (LC) and a vodka and diet coke.
20220804_184007.jpg

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello all. Am still feeling out of sorts so have decided to eat as little as possible today to rest whatever needs resting! Am drinking filtered water and have only had one weak coffee today. I had 2 scrambled eggs with some grated cheese and for tea I will have ham with salad. I will beat this bug. I want to be well for my trip to America! Have a nice weekend everyone.
Still got a lot of posts to get through but I hope you are much better now.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Saturday 6 August - bed and FBG both 7.4. Usual trip to jujitsu followed by shopping.

B. TAG and 2 slices of SLC toast with pate.

L. Nothing

D. Usual cold cuts. Slice each roast pork, roast beef, ox tongue, smoked chicken and pork and egg. Coleslaw, santini tomatoes and port salut.

Sunday 7 August - bed 7.7 FBG 7.9

B. TAG and 2 slices of SLC bread with roast pork and coleslaw.

L. Mea Culpa! I pinched some of Hubby's crisps.

D. Chicken Balmoral with a creamy mustard sauce (GF haggis inside and wrapped in Parma Ham), cobette, green beans and grilled halloumi.
3 strawberries. Usual campari and soda.
20220807_190207.jpg

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries washed down with a black coffee.
Late morning: black coffee and a phd bar.
Skipped lunch.
Mid afternoon: black coffee and a food dr bar.
Dinner: bolognese on sliced sautéed courgette followed by SF raspberry jelly and cream.

Edit to add pic

C20CCEF9-35F5-4B93-A205-41EB0EB87714.jpeg

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
For breakfast, about 10 am, I had a ham sandwich - hm wholemeal bread, 2 days old and so much easier to cut very thin slices with a good knife, so probably slightly more than the one slice I have with scrambled eggs.

2nd meal was a slice of slow roast belly pork (great crackling) with some stir fried vegetables and egg (kind of special fried veg).

This was possible because I had to go to Stornoway to get my legs rebandaged and I got Neil to take me to the butcher's shop where I bought a whole lot of different meat. I have started the brining process with some brisket to make salt beef, have some lamb mince for making koftas, have some more of the pork belly to put in the freezer and bought quite a large pack of Lorne sausage (square). So I can have some reasonable meat over the next few weeks.

This getting my legs bandaged is going to carry on for a week or so yet - discovered on Saturday that the prescription for my compression stockings hasn't been sent from the Health Centre yet. The nurse couldn't figure that out - she gave instructions for them more than 2 weeks ago.

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
some hm lc cauliflower cheese savoury squares,
@MrsA2, Please, tell me more about these.:) ^^^^ cauliflower cheese, in squares? Drooling!
My Sunday saw me have usual cooked breakfast, but not until 2:30 pm.. fried egg, mushrooms, some pigs in blankets that were found at back of freezer,white pudding half slice of seeded wholemeal bread, black coffee

dinner at 6:45, braised lamb shank, broccoli, brussels sprouts, two gasses Malbec, strawberries with cream.

Monday breakfast: Fage yogurt walnuts, black coffee.
Skipped lunch
Mid afternoon, black coffee
Dinner: left over pigs in blankets, mushrooms, scrambled egg, tonic water.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
This afternoon I was so taken up with painting boats on the wall in my 'bedstee' (old fashioned bed in a closet in the living room, I love my bedstee!) that I completely forgot I finished the last of the peanut and veggie soup yesterday so I needed to cook today.
By the time I found out it was too late to want to cook but I still made a decent if odd omelet of two turkey eggs, an onion, some bell pepper, cheese cubes, Dutch dried sausage and parsley. No picture because the turning went all wrong so it didn't look as good as it tasted, to put it mildly. :hilarious:

Will post pictures of the boats in my bedstee in the Parallel Thread. :)
https://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/th...en-parallel-chat.177870/page-125#post-2533110

Last edited: