What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@MrsA2, Please, tell
The full recipe is in my CMT, the CopyMeThat app some of us use to share recipes. I called it the Cauliflower cheese savoury thingy, as I can't think of a better name..

It's very easy and adaptable
200g caulflower rice, cooked and cooled
100g cheddar cheese, grated
100g ground almonds
2 medium eggs
Optional: herbs, seasonings
Mix it all together. Put into a 7" square tin or a 1lb loaf tin and baked for about 25 minutes at 160° until firm and dry. Cut into squares or slices. Freezes brilliantly. Toasts well too. Sort of a scone,sort of a bread, sort of tasty.

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
The full recipe is in my CMT, the CopyMeThat app some of us use to share recipes. I called it the Cauliflower cheese savoury thingy, as I can't think of a better name..

It's very easy and adaptable
200g caulflower rice, cooked and cooled
100g cheddar cheese, grated
100g ground almonds
2 medium eggs
Optional: herbs, seasonings
Mix it all together. Put into a 7" square tin or a 1lb loaf tin and baked for about 25 minutes at 160° until firm and dry. Cut into squares or slices. Freezes brilliantly. Toasts well too. Sort of a scone,sort of a bread, sort of tasty.
Thanks, will try that. Cheese and cauliflower two of my favourite foods.
Stopped using CMT a while ago, when I was informed of data breach. Started to get lots of spam emails.

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B: hm lc yoghurt, blackberries, seeds
Exercise class followed by coffee (tea in my case) with the girls for first time in weeks :)
L: 2 scrambled eggs with 3 extra leftover whites and a bit of cheese stirred through. 2 hazelnut biscuits (just as well I froze them, but have discovered they can be eaten frozen:happy:
D: cold chicken mixed with 1 avocado, cold green beans, 1/3 apple, lemon juice, yoghurt and mayo, all shared between 3 of us, on green salad. Surprisingly very tasty.
Hm lc Hazel nut ice-cream. Recipe said adding brandy to it would keep it soft. Recipe lied. Recipe tastes good but it's absolutely solid.

Reactions: maglil55 and Annb

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks, will try that. Cheese and cauliflower two of my favourite foods.
Stopped using CMT a while ago, when I was informed of data breach. Started to get lots of spam emails.
I've used it as canapés, as soldiers for dippy eggs, or anytime I've felt the need for soemthing carby...it isn't but looks like it is. Enjoy.

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I slice of vegimite on toast, two hard boiled eggs for breakfast.
Strength Meals Co High Protein Hearty Beef Soup 400g for lunch, fair bit of meat in it as well.
Two egg and prawn omelette for dinner.

Doubled u on the Traanesexami acid tabkets to help with the bleeds, started a new medication called metoclopramide for nausea as I have been getting that lately.

Nicki70

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I slice of vegimite on toast, two hard boiled eggs for breakfast.
Strength Meals Co High Protein Hearty Beef Soup 400g for lunch, fair bit of meat in it as well.
Two egg and prawn omelette for dinner.

Doubled u on the Traanesexami acid tabkets to help with the bleeds, started a new medication called metoclopramide for nausea as I have been getting that lately.
I used metoclopramide for nausea and sickness during chemo and it worked a treat for me. I hope it does the same for you it if not then there are a whole load of anti emetic meds out there.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well I made a huge mess in the kitchen yesterday attempting this. A neat roll completely eluded me, so I ended up baking half the mixture in an ovenproof dish and the other half safely stored in the fridge for another day. The messy mix was pretty tasty too, so I’ll do it again and not attempt a roll. Switched out feta for cheddar as that was what was in the fridge and ignored the ketchup/tomatoes as I don’t eat those.

Earlier in the day I’d had too much Greek yoghurt, raspberries and cream.

9835727D-7E44-4DF6-AB88-E30C7C28F88E.jpeg

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Well I made a huge mess in the kitchen yesterday attempting this. A neat roll completely eluded me, so I ended up baking half the mixture in an ovenproof dish and the other half safely stored in the fridge for another day. The messy mix was pretty tasty too, so I’ll do it again and not attempt a roll. Switched out feta for cheddar as that was what was in the fridge and ignored the ketchup/tomatoes as I don’t eat those.

Earlier in the day I’d had too much Greek yoghurt, raspberries and cream.

View attachment 55842

The taste is more important than the look. Bet it tasted terrific.

Reactions: Goonergal

RosemaryJackson

Morning all. All my good intentions yesterday, remained just that, good intentions! But keeping to them is an entirely different game. So today is Carnivore day and tomorrow too. I know exactly where @Annb was coming from the other day! I wish I could buy a bottle of discipline off a shelf. So fingers crossed for today and tomorrow. Have a good day everyone

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all. All my good intentions yesterday, remained just that, good intentions! But keeping to them is an entirely different game. So today is Carnivore day and tomorrow too. I know exactly where @Annb was coming from the other day! I wish I could buy a bottle of discipline off a shelf. So fingers crossed for today and tomorrow. Have a good day everyone

Self discipline in a bottle. What a great idea. Wonder if Amazon might have some. I could certainly do with a bottle or so.

Reactions: maglil55

Lainie71

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
The term "big boned" lol repeatedly told this growing up!
Breakfast - Asparagus with chopped bacon
Lunch - Gammon with green salad with chopped mint, chives and a small cherry tomato
Planning on having yesterdays chilly gone barmy with cauliflower rice for main meal later then nothing after 6 apart from water :)

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Well I made a huge mess in the kitchen yesterday attempting this. A neat roll completely eluded me, so I ended up baking half the mixture in an ovenproof dish and the other half safely stored in the fridge for another day. The messy mix was pretty tasty too, so I’ll do it again and not attempt a roll.
I've had a look at the recipe you linked and you're right, your very tasty looking mess doesn't resemble the pretty roll in the recipe in any way! :hilarious:
But I fully agree with @Annb , it's all about the taste! :joyful:

Yesterday's odd omelette should have lasted me for two days but I forgot to put it in the fridge. :banghead: While I don't think it'll make me ill, I don't fully trust it with the current temperatures so I'll give todays portion to the dogs, cats, turkeys and chickens to share and I'll think up something else to eat.
Oh well, at least it won't go to waste.

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Breakfast was early because I was starving: scrambled egg on a slice of Lorne sausage.

That, of course, meant that I was hungry again earlier than I should have been. Em had come for a visit and she wanted her usual bacon with tomato ketchup so I made myself a bacon sandwich with thin cut wholemeal bread. That should do me for the day - I hope.

For many months, years actually, my old ceramic hob has been out of order and I have been making do with a two plate boiling ring and occasionally a small induction hob (one ring) which lives in the drawer most of the time because there is no space to use it. Today Neil presented me with a new 4 ring hob - ceramic with all induction rings - for my birthday (later this week). That was a great surprise because although I'd been wondering if I could afford to replace the old hob, I hadn't felt able to do so. He must be a mind reader on top of all his other talents. He wired it up and got it going right away, although we did have a bit of a job cleaning the worktop of old sealant and grease which had stuck to it. It will make cooking multiple dishes (Neil's diet is very different to mine) so much easier.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I've had a look at the recipe you linked and you're right, your very tasty looking mess doesn't resemble the pretty roll in the recipe in any way! :hilarious:
:hilarious::hilarious:

It did taste good!

Today’s main meal was also tasty, but I had to wolf it down as I’d forgotten about a call with someone who I hoped would offer me work (they did) and being late wouldn’t have been a good look! Home made burgers with streaky bacon and 2 sausages. I’ve also had some yoghurt, double cream and raspberries.

05B6A27A-3000-44CE-AC47-338C76D3565B.jpeg

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Late ish breakfast of hm yog, blackberries and seeds
Dancing
L: a 90 second bread with a little cheese. But then I found some chicken drumsticks I'd forgotten about, so had 2 of them. Felt really full and shoukd have stopped eating, but can't bear to waste food
6pm, dinner time but still feeling full so cooked for hubby and son but didn't eat anything myself (result as I do have a habit if eating when they do, irrespective of my needs)

Off to book club later. There will be 1 wine and soda which will go straight to my head. Luckily its walking distance

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries washed down with a black coffee.
Late morning: black coffee and a phd bar.
Skipped lunch.
Mid afternoon: black coffee and a food dr bar.
Dinner: chicken supreme, runner beans and Brussels followed by SF strawberry jelly and cream.

13F270CD-4232-47FF-B092-519AA5AEA9B7.jpeg

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Yesterday's odd omelette should have lasted me for two days but I forgot to put it in the fridge. :banghead: While I don't think it'll make me ill, I don't fully trust it with the current temperatures so I'll give todays portion to the dogs, cats, turkeys and chickens to share and I'll think up something else to eat.
Oh well, at least it won't go to waste.
Dogs, turkeys and chickens were very happy with their treat, cats were too late. :)

I made do with a couple of slices of low carb bread with ham and cheese after getting back home at 8PM from an unexpected visit to a friend of a friend in hospital.
The poor guy was on a sailing week with my friend, and made a fall from his rental bike on the island of Ameland early this afternoon and broke his hip.
He was transported to the mainland hospital by helicopter, which meant none of his friends could go with him.

So my friend called me to basically order me to find out where his friend was and to go visit him in the hospital because he was there all alone with all his friends either being on the ship or 200 km away!
Very impressed by the hospital staff. I called the reception with a name and half a birth date and they put me through with the ER. ER put me through to the phone of the attending nurse, who turned out to be very happy that someone was wanting to come and visit his patient, so I jumped in my car for a visit in the ER department, completely outside visiting hours.

Very nice visit it was too, pain medication worked quite well so he was very talkative, and I even got to watch when a doctor came in to give him a nerve block in his hip to get him through the night with the help of an ultrasound! :) Isn't it amazing how you can see inside the body?!

He'll have his operation in the morning so I'll drop by in the afternoon again, with crutches so he doesn't have to rent them.