What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Two hard boiled eggs, two slices tost and vegime for breakfast..
Pork loin chop, and mashed veggies gravy for lunch.
Toasted ham and cheeese sandwiches for supper at six.

Managed to eat all of it with out feeling crook.

Overwhelmed

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes, rudeness
1000hrs B my usual chia seed pud and small bit of a cheese and ham omlete
1400hrs L meat from a bbq in work and small bit of salad
1830hrs D turkey , ham, cheese salad.
4x coffees 1 with double cream
7or 8 brazil nuts

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Back to Monday.
Brekkie my usual slice LC toast and lots of tea.
Lunch was slice of turkey, spoon coleslaw, 2 cherry toms, cucumber & 4 pickled silverskin onions.
Supper was left over chicken traybake from Sunday.
Tuesday: same brekkie.
Lunch: same as Monday.
Supper: Tom & chilli mini meatballs with cauli rice.
This hot weather doesn’t suit me and I am getting very lazy in the cooking department.
Hope you all start to feel better @Riva_Roxaban @Annb @RosemaryJackson.

RosemaryJackson

Good morning all. Carnivore day again today because it worked yesterday! Am in the sticky sixes today so am a happy bunny :happy:. Long may it last! @Annb Happy Birthday :singing: for this week (and I found some discipline at the back of my mind. Must have been there a long time, it's hardly been used!! ) Thanks @maglil55, and @PenguinMum, things are looking up. It will be mainly chicken drumsticks, sausage and cauliflower rice and probably 2 boiled eggs today. Maybe I'm getting the hang of it? We shall see. Have a nice day and careful of the heat.

Reactions: maglil55 and Annb

Lainie71

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
The term "big boned" lol repeatedly told this growing up!
So far today ..
Breakfast 2x scrambled eggs with asparagus and chopped bacon. Cup of green tea
Snack - a naughty rather sour apple .......

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries washed down with a black coffee.
Late morning: black coffee and a phd bar.
Skipped lunch.
Mid afternoon: black coffee and a food dr bar.
Dinner: LC fish pie with runner beans and a few slices of carrot followed by SF strawberry jelly and cream.

Made a LC carrot cake today, to celebrate my birthday with my walking group tomorrow! Pic tomorrow when it’s iced!

C4E391E7-99B6-4473-B187-8F44F4C13A35.jpeg

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
After skipping dinner last night thought I'd wake ravenous, but no, just the same as usual. fasting bg was a decimal point or 2 lower which was disappointing in the circumstances.

B: hm lc yoghurt with seeds and redcurrants
L: 2 chicken drumsticks, half an avocado, tablespoon coleslaw slaw. 1 hm kc hazelnut biscuits.

Went out blackberry picking, so a few of the overripe ones fell into my mouth.

D: was a sort of curry cooked in the slow cooker. Had found some reduced price braising steak in the supermarket, so it went in with a nearly soft sad onion, and 2 sad carrots, a tablespoon curry paste and half a can of leftover coconut milk. Came out very tasting. Boys had rice and broccoli with theirs, I had broccoli and leftover greens.

The fridge is rather bare now.

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Bacon, two eggs, slice toast and vegimite for breafast.
Two lamb shoulder chops, mashed veggies and gravy.
Toasted cheese and onion sandwiches for supper at six.

Small glass of single malt goodness before going to bed early.

One of my Blue Care nurses that do the wound dressing on my leg has beeen off sick, she came yesterday and said that she had caught Covid and thatt had stopped her from working. First person we know to get it infected with it, as she iastickler for wearing pe gear.

RosemaryJackson

Morning all. @MrsA2, made your savoury thingy yesterday and enjoyed it. Today I'm going to have a slice with a fried egg, fried tomatoes and mushrooms. Hopefully having belly pork slices airfried at teatime. Hopefully because I hve a hospital appt that I'm not looking forward to and don't know how I'll feel afterwards. Fingers crossed I have the belly pork lol!!

Reactions: maglil55

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks @RosemaryJackson, for the good wishes. 77 is something to forget really, rather than mark, which is why I've told my boys (for several years now) to ignore my birthdays, but Neil decided not to. Alistair is the same - he usually turns up a day or so after my birthday with a gift and insists that it's just a gift out of the blue, not for my birthday. Disobedient pair, but I love them.

Yesterday I had a kind of frittata for breakfast and what was supposed to be lamb koftas for the 2nd meal. However, half way through the prepping I discovered that the jar of Ras al Hanout had gone off and, for the life of me, I couldn't find the jar of dry spice, which is somewhere in the larder. So I made up my own spice mix - less chilli than the original. They didn't taste Middle Eastern - more like lamb sausages actually but they were still very good.

This morning I had a few more of the "sausages" with fried egg, for breakfast.
2nd meal will be Greek style salad and some red cabbage slaw.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Belated happy birthday to both @Annb and @Rachox.
Yesterday and today brekkie of slice LC toast and lots of tea.
Lunch yesterday was most of an avocado when I cut out the black bits and a can of mackerel without all the rich tomato sauce followed by a ramekin of berries.
Supper yesterday two Green Cuisine plant burgers topped with two juicy Portobello mushrooms all baked in the oven.
Lunch today was 3 buttery scrambled eggs and a few berries only.
Supper will be chunky fish fingers and some green beans.
An quite enjoying Twinings (teabag) infusions in cold water during the day. I find one bag of Passionfruit & Mango can be topped up in a glass at least twice and it doesn’t raise my BG. Its just a pity they are a bit pricey! Tried the Tetley version but not as flavoursome. I really shouldn’t think like that as I buy ice creams, chocolate biscuits and crisps for Mr PM which oc I can’t have!

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
It’s my birthday so I’m having a day off posting food, suffice to say approx 40g carbs total. But here’s a pic of my LC carrot cake birthday cake I baked for myself!
:hungry::):hungry::):hungry::):hungry::):hungry:

C6D60F55-F469-4F28-90E4-7E7042F1F4DF.jpeg

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
It’s my birthday so I’m having a day off posting food, suffice to say approx 40g carbs total. But here’s a pic of my LC carrot cake birthday cake I baked for myself!
:hungry::):hungry::):hungry::):hungry::):hungry:
That cake looks awesome!
And hartelijk gefeliciteerd met je verjaardag natuurlijk!

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm sure that's not as rude as it looks!!

Adding my best wishes to the birthday girls as well :)

@RosemaryJackson the savoury thing freezes well in slices too. I just separate them with greaseproof paper. I like it fried too :hungry:

B: hm yog with blackberries and seeds.
Froze 1.2kg of blackberries today. Usually doing raspberries at this time of year but those in my garden have died in the heat :arghh:

Mid morning coffee with cream

L: 1 crackerbread with half an avocado and manchego cheese. Couple of seedy crackers with butter and marmite. 2 hm lc hazelnut biscuits

D: did spaghetti for the boys. Used courgettes, salmon and lots of cream and yoghurt to make the sauce, so I only had the sauce.
1 small portion hm hazelnut icecream

Preparing for visitors this weekend, 1 vegetarian, 1 no nuts, 1 no tomatoes ...and now me on lc!! Always used to be a catering headache, now it's a nightmare. And I don't want the oven on this heat !!!

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm sure that's not as rude as it looks!!
It looks rude in English? What does it sound like for you?
In Dutch, it's a common phrase to wish someone a happy birthday, literally translated it says "hearty congratulations with your birthday of course!"
So now I'm very curious! :)

After two days of not cooking due to life getting in the way, I'm happy to report a tasty meal of fried shawarma meat with a onion on a salad of endive and cucumber.
To add to the satisfying feeling of a take-away meal despite cooking myself, I added a generous amount of strong garlic sauce (mayo, garlic and a little water) and smokey sriracha. :hungry: