What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

Welshman1952

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Bit of variety for me today ...

B: muesli with berries
L: tortilla with hummus and salad
T: quinoa burgers with tabbouleh

Might have home-made fruit soya yogurt if I fancy a dessert later.

Pollyg3

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
B 2 boiled egg 1 slice of wholemeal bread
D chicken cheese and celery
T cauliflower and small amount of mince n gravy lean mince

Sent from my iPad using DCUK Forum mobile app

s.sollis

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Back on track today.
B: after I had been to doctors, cup of tea.
L: 3x ryvitas with pate, cherry tomatoes.
Hypo at 4pm so lucazade and a few sweets.
D: cod, roasted Mediterranean veg and small amount of cous cous.
S: mini chicken satays, cold spicy cauliflower ( haven't tried this yet it's all ready made by Tesco in small pot in the salad aisle, they do other things too) :happy:

amgrundy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Being bored
Hi Monday 23/5/16
B Scrambled egg with grated cheddar cheese 1 slice burgen bread
S greek Turkish yogurt with blackberries and blueberries
L 3 Rivitas / cheddar cheese and peanut butter / 1 pear
S 1 pkt pork scratchings
D leeks fried in butter with 3 slices dried cured bacon.

D

debrasue

Back on track today.
B: after I had been to doctors, cup of tea.
L: 3x ryvitas with pate, cherry tomatoes.
Hypo at 4pm so lucazade and a few sweets.
D: cod, roasted Mediterranean veg and small amount of cous cous.
S: mini chicken satays, cold spicy cauliflower ( haven't tried this yet it's all ready made by Tesco in small pot in the salad aisle, they do other things too) :happy:
Mmmm, I like the idea of the cold spicy cauliflower.... I think I'll have a go at making some.

Reactions: 2 people

s.sollis

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
B: second attempt at China pudding, got it right this time. So that and small amount of mango, cup of tea.
S: mini chicken satay on sticks (asda).
L: ribs which I marinated over night in a ready made rub which you added white wine vinegar, 2x tablespoons orange juice and oil. Tiny piece of honey and ginger cake (again asda).
4pm hypo, even though I have taken a much smaller amount of insulin. So lucazade, sweets.
D: will be smoked mackerel and cold spicy cauliflower, cherry tomatoes, maybe small amount of cous cous.

D

debrasue

B: MacDonalds double sausage & egg McMuffin (no bun), hash brown (tested at 7.2 two hours post-prandial, and 5.9 at 3 hrs) :)
L: Chia pudding & black cherries;
D (will be): Cold pork & ham, mixed salad, hard-boiled egg, coleslaw & cold spicy cauliflower; melon
Carbs: 55.4g

D

debrasue

B: second attempt at China pudding, got it right this time. So that and small amount of mango, cup of tea.
S: mini chicken satay on sticks (asda).
L: ribs which I marinated over night in a ready made rub which you added white wine vinegar, 2x tablespoons orange juice and oil. Tiny piece of honey and ginger cake (again asda).
4pm hypo, even though I have taken a much smaller amount of insulin. So lucazade, sweets.
D: will be smoked mackerel and cold spicy cauliflower, cherry tomatoes, maybe small amount of cous cous.
Your menu sounds a lot nicer than mine - I'm on my way over!

s.sollis

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Your menu sounds a lot nicer than mine - I'm on my way over!
Dinner was a disaster, so you probably wouldn't. How did you make your spicy cauliflower? I didn't eat it yesterday in the end so was going to have it today but it was horrible. I think a homemade version would be better. I ended up just making a mackerel pate, and took most of it over to my dad. I love things one day then my taste buds must be doing silly things coz the next day I've gone right off it. :(

D

debrasue

Dinner was a disaster, so you probably wouldn't. How did you make your spicy cauliflower? I didn't eat it yesterday in the end so was going to have it today but it was horrible. I think a homemade version would be better. I ended up just making a mackerel pate, and took most of it over to my dad. I love things one day then my taste buds must be doing silly things coz the next day I've gone right off it. :(
The cauliflower was yummy - I boiled it for just a few minutes, so that it still retained a bit of a 'bite', and then I mixed it up with mayonnaise (Hellmann's on this occasion, although I do make my own too), cumin, freshly-ground black pepper and lime juice. Delicious! I'm definitely going to do that again - thanks for the idea! x

s.sollis

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
The cauliflower was yummy - I boiled it for just a few minutes, so that it still retained a bit of a 'bite', and then I mixed it up with mayonnaise (Hellmann's on this occasion, although I do make my own too), cumin, freshly-ground black pepper and lime juice. Delicious! I'm definitely going to do that again - thanks for the idea! x
Ooh that sounds nice, I will definitely give that ago.

nomoredonuts

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Current American Presidents.
Tagging @s.sollis , @satindoll, @Brunneria

Ladies, supper is served...
aa16f686a781e34217e6f3581bc17f45.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using DCUK Forum mobile app

4ratbags

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
B: coffee n cream

L: ham, chicken, peri peri mayo, coffee n cream

D: chicken thigh, creamy broccoli and cauliflour, pepsi max

S: coffee n cream, pepsi max

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Usual breakfast, full fat Greek yogurt, large tablespoon flaxseed, half a dozen raspberries, cup of tea.
Lunch about to be eaten. 2 poached eggs on 1 slice Hovis Seed Sensations toasted with loads of butter, few strawberries and cream.
Tea will be our usual Monday fry up, 3 rashers of bacon, fried egg, grilled tomato, loads of mushrooms, 97% sausage, maybe 6 stolen chips.
Sounds really tasty. It's refreshing to hear there is some balance of carbs in there too. This no carbs philosophy does my head in- unachievable in my book, over the long term. Balance is good. X

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Bluetit1802 said:
Usual breakfast, full fat Greek yogurt, large tablespoon flaxseed, half a dozen raspberries, cup of tea.
Lunch about to be eaten. 2 poached eggs on 1 slice Hovis Seed Sensations toasted with loads of butter, few strawberries and cream.
Tea will be our usual Monday fry up, 3 rashers of bacon, fried egg, grilled tomato, loads of mushrooms, 97% sausage, maybe 6 stolen chips.

Sounds really tasty. It's refreshing to hear there is some balance of carbs in there too. This no carbs philosophy does my head in- unachievable in my book, over the long term. Balance is good. X

It was a very long time ago when I said that. I'm cringing seeing what I used to eat. My diet has changed a lot since then, and so have my blood sugars - much lower and flatter.. Eggs only for breakfast now, no carbs. No more Hovis bread - just the Lidle HP rolls, half of one at a time. I still have the yogurt and berries, but much later in the day, and still have the fry ups..

Sorry!