What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

ellagy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
B: Lidl roll with butter and 1oz Edam
L: 2 egg omelette with chorizo and cream cheese mmmmm!
Coffee with cream
another Coffee with cream
D: Sausages x 2 in 2 Lidl rolls and some mushrooms!

And before anyone says anything No Veg other than mushrooms! ;)

BS before lunch 8.9 and before dinner 8.9 at least it is static :)

Edit to say only ate 1 roll and 1 sausage...was flup!

Last edited:

4ratbags

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B: coffee n cream

L: 3 egg omelette with onion and tomato, pepsi max

D: bacon wrapped chicken breast stuffed with cream cheese and cheese, 1 garlic roll, pepsi max

S: coffee n cream, 4 sq 70% dark choc, coffee n cream

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello everyone
B. Chia seeds in almond milk

L. Smoked haddock with cheese sauce with cauliflower cous cous salad

D. Avocado with prawns in Marie Rose sauce
I have some Camambert cheese I can have if I need a snack later :)

4ratbags

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

L: 2 fried eggs, roast chicken, broccoli, cauliflour, LC cheese sauce, pepsi max

D: marinated pork, broccoli, cauliflour, pepsi max

S: coffee n cream

D

debrasue

B: Sausage, egg
L: St Agur cheese, Charentais melon
D: Duck breasts baked with sliced nectarine, asparagus, runner beans

walnut_face

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B: 3 spoonfuls of greek yoghurt (full fat) with a bit of grated 90% choc
L: Skipped
T: 2 cups bouillon
D: Bolognese sauce,courgetti,:angelic: and pasta (30g) o_O washed down with water and red water aka Gaillac red wine 2 squares 90% choc less the bit grated for Breakfast
3 cups black coffee and a green tea along the way

Reactions: mo53

ellagy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type

L: 2 fried eggs, roast chicken, broccoli, cauliflour, LC cheese sauce, pepsi max

D: marinated pork, broccoli, cauliflour, pepsi max

S: coffee n cream
Sounds yummy @4ratbags

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Goodness me, I ate a lot today.

No electricity for part of the morning, so OBVIOUSLY we HAD to go out for breakfast

B: bacon, egg, superb sausage, mushrooms, grilled tomato, beans, hash brown and a cup of lemon and ginger tea
L: not needed
S: one profiterole and masses of whipped cream
D: small portion of chicken aubergine and tomato curry, with a huge side salad including hard boiled eggs.

That may be too many eggs in one day, only time will tell.

Oh, I wanted to report back on my PErfect World icecream.
It was Carrot Cake flavour. and it really did taste of carrot cake. The only problem is that carrot cake should be cakey, not ice creamy. Nice lumps of walnut. It was OK. I will eat the rest of the tub, and then decide whether to repeat purchase, and I would definitely like to try the other flavours... it was better drizzled with double cream.

Isn't everything?

D

debrasue

Goodness me, I ate a lot today.

No electricity for part of the morning, so OBVIOUSLY we HAD to go out for breakfast

B: bacon, egg, superb sausage, mushrooms, grilled tomato, beans, hash brown and a cup of lemon and ginger tea
L: not needed
S: one profiterole and masses of whipped cream
D: small portion of chicken aubergine and tomato curry, with a huge side salad including hard boiled eggs.

That may be too many eggs in one day, only time will tell.

Oh, I wanted to report back on my PErfect World icecream.
It was Carrot Cake flavour. and it really did taste of carrot cake. The only problem is that carrot cake should be cakey, not ice creamy. Nice lumps of walnut. It was OK. I will eat the rest of the tub, and then decide whether to repeat purchase, and I would definitely like to try the other flavours... it was better drizzled with double cream.

Isn't everything?
I bought some of the Carrot Cake icecream, having seen it mentioned on your post, but I haven't tried it yet. Do they do other flavours? My local Tesco only stocks this one...

D

debrasue

B: Boiled eggs and LivLife soldiers
L (will be): St Agur with a slice of Charentais melon
D (will be): Baked salmon with Hollandaise sauce, new potatoes, runner beans, peas; Carrot Cake icecream

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I bought some of the Carrot Cake icecream, having seen it mentioned on your post, but I haven't tried it yet. Do they do other flavours? My local Tesco only stocks this one...

There are several flavours produced, incl choc and vanilla options, but our local Tescos only lists the Carrot Cake. So far.

Mr B tried it and nearly spat it out, bleating about 'those weird lumps'

Took me a while to work out he was talking about the delicious pieces of walnut in it.
This from a man who thinks Ben and Jerry's Fish Food is manna from the gods.

Hey ho. More for me. ;)

walnut_face

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
They're delicious, aren't they? I seem to be able to get away with a small slice so far - the problem is stopping at just a small slice!
I only eat them in season, in France. I usually end up eating a whole one - each day! Have no idea what impact they have as I am usually much more active on my Hols than being stuck behind a desk at work. All I know is the net impact is nil

D

debrasue

I only eat them in season, in France. I usually end up eating a whole one - each day! Have no idea what impact they have as I am usually much more active on my Hols than being stuck behind a desk at work. All I know is the net impact is nil
Well, that's encouraging - although you're right, they DO taste better in France! I think that's why I'm eating them now - withdrawal symptoms from my holiday dans le Sud a couple of weeks ago... :(

ellagy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
2 egg omelette for breakfast
4 x Henry's crackers with peanut butter..... hmmm is that a FAT or a Vegetable I wonder ;)

Reactions: mo53

walnut_face

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B: 2 Rashers streaky bacon, 2 x bratwurst, mushroom, fried egg, 2 spoons of baked beans
L: 40 Lengths of the municipal pool, a (large) handful of nuts and a slice of corned beef 2 cups bouillon
D: Will be fish pie with a mash celerac (sp) topping and spinach

walnut_face

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well, that's encouraging - although you're right, they DO taste better in France! I think that's why I'm eating them now - withdrawal symptoms from my holiday dans le Sud a couple of weeks ago... :(
Oooo I was in the Tarn last week, travelling around knocking up old friends and my boss, last friday I was in Samatan, Formulae menu was fish. Just as well because 5 of the other 7 days was Duck. But it did mean some really surprisingly low BG readings :D